TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I give up.

-snip-

I'm stuck on the part that follows, but you'll need to type CUT BUSH WITH SWORD and then GO GAME TRAIL to leave. Don't forget to TAKE ACORNS and TAKE MUSHROOMS.

It doesn't matter. Even if I try to do the suggestions people are giving, the glitch persists. This isn't getting stuck on commands. It doesn't matter if I try to go back, go forward, or even follow the squirrel. Each time I'm just falling in the bushes. It's an honest, endless-loop glitch.

Shokomon

Posted on Feb 15 2017, 09:05 PM

Updated version of my guide found here.

Love that guide and snagged "your lost" badge

I have gone N,S,E & W and still cannot get out or find a spider

I have gone N,S,E & W and still cannot get out or find a spider

What messages have you gotten?

Have you picked up any crystals yet? Saw a room with an alter? Ran across some fungus? Just trying to figure out where you're at. Giving us some descriptive text would help. ^^

The cultist's chamber is a dead end, sort of. You also have multiple directions going the other way, but one direction is left out because it just takes you back to the previous area.

Edited by ViperaUnion

I've done everything to try and get past the bushes, I wish I had followed the river ._.

No advice works.

Met the squirrel and it still stares at me while I keep falling on my bushes.

Will we get some coins for cutting the bushes over and over again?

/stuck in the bushes FTW! xd.png

That's it. I am officially requesting a signature badge for the Bush Club of Valentine's 2017. xd.png

I am also stuck in the bush... I've tried everything I can think of, and all the suggestions on the thread. No joy. I'm glad I finished the 1st play through yesterday, or I probably wouldn't be able to laugh as much as I have at the things that have been tried to get out of the bush. laugh.gif

It wouldn't even let me beat box to the sound of rattling acorns.

It doesn't look like you can do that with the ACORN.... I did chase off the squirrel so it would stop laughing at me.

It's what happens if you cross the bridge, instead of follow the river. I don't remember if the bridge was there yesterday or not, I just followed the river.

Thanks! I don't remember seeing a bridge, only the river, and I followed it too.

It wouldn't take long to test a text adventure that you know every command to.

If you're implying that the event wasn't tested, I can tell you that's not true. You simply don't run into the same amount of problems with a handful of testers who know the event pretty well as you do with a mass amount of users all playing and trying things you didn't even think of.

As well, TJ is not experiencing the same looping issues as many of us are, and it's hard to fix an issue that you're not experiencing, but it also goes to show that a few testers can miss an issue just by virtue of it being weird and not effecting everyone.

I know it's annoying, but it's not like we glitched the event on purpose. We want you to enjoy the event as much as you want to enjoy it. D:

I know there's already a badge for the event by participating, and it is lovely but... Part of me wishes it was a bush for all those entangled in the bush glitch where their game won't allow them to escape. x'D It's odd... I passed through it twice and my person never fell back in, wonder what made me so special??

I know it's annoying, but it's not like we glitched the event on purpose. We want you to enjoy the event as much as you want to enjoy it. D:

So it is definitely a glitch and there's nothing to do but wait until it's fixed so there's no need to try puzzling my way out of the brambles? I've been trying to get unstuck for hours.

I'm stuck on the game as well. I climbed over the tree, got the the cliff, then turned around. I've tried to cut and chop the tree with the axe, but I get the following error:

> CUT DOWN THE TREE WITH THE AXE

It doesn't look like you can do that with the TREE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try just CUT TREE WITH AXE, Leave out 'down'.

GO TRAIL didn't work, GO BUSH TRAIL didn't either, so I decided to try GO MAD. xd.png

(That didn't work either!)

I love the new purple eggies. biggrin.gif

So it is definitely a glitch and there's nothing to do but wait until it's fixed so there's no need to try puzzling my way out of the brambles?  I've been trying to get unstuck for hours.

It seems like it to me, but TJ was unable to replicate it earlier. So I'm not sure exactly why some people are experiencing this and some people aren't. o_O

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

These S2s look very promising!! The wing structure looks splendid, and I'm very excited about that little beard. I think I'll really like these.

Decided to check in at the end of the day, looks like the glitch is still active :c

Just tried to CUT BUSH WITH SWORD x 3, hoping maybe just spamming the action would end the loop.

Tried FOLLOW SQUIRREL. And the bush ate me again.

Hopefully tomorrow there will be a way around this. And i hope I didnt miss out on something because of the glitch...

I didn't get the PAINTING yesterday, but it occurred to me to give it to the "BURGER KING" today, and since I haven't seen it mentioned here yet (tho I could have missed it):

> GIVE PAINTING

You take out the painting and ask the BEAVER KING where it came from, if the BEAVERS and the woodsmen were natural enemies. He stares at it in shock for a moment.

BEAVER KING: Where did you get this? How… I had forgotten.

A single tear rolls dramatically down his cheek.

BEAVER KING: Jack and I were such great friends in our youth, before the war broke out. We were inseparable. All we wanted was to cut down trees and work to better the forest. And then he was killed in a freak tree-cutting accident. Killed by a woodsman who did not shout “Timber!” as he was felling a tree!

If anything, the BEAVER KING now looks even angrier. Should you BEG FOR MERCY or CALL HIM A BAD RULER?

The real reason for the 'war'. sad.gif

Failed to encounter the squirrel, however. I really wanted to throw acorns at it. tongue.gif

I have to say this is the first time I've been so uninterested in an activity that I may not bother to finish it. But my hat is off to those who have the patience to!

Was this third ending available yesterday? I never heard of it. It's my new favorite. laugh.gif

> CONFESS FEELINGS

The evening goes well enough, but you can’t help but feel like you’re missing something. For one, your date has only two eyes, four limbs, and isn’t covered in thick, bristly black hair. You can’t help but wonder – is your special someone actually a giant tarantula?

Should you STAY WITH YOUR DATE or RETURN TO THE SPIDER?

> RETURN TO SPIDER

Your adventures today have shown you that following your heart is the truest way to happiness. Sadly you tell your date that while you like them very much, you must be honest and are afraid that it is not going to work out. You part ways after expressing a hope that the two of you can remain good friends.

You check that your sword is buckled tightly to your belt and your axe slung securely across your back. You know you need to return to that cave to find your eight-legged true love. Night is fallen, and you hope that you look impressive as you stride out of town under the last rays of the twilight sun. You climb over the fallen stones of the wall and set out into the forest, on to new adventures and your own happily ever after.

THE END

Also, I had no trouble with the bush. I wonder what percentage of users is afflicted, since I imagine far more of the people having issues would bring it up on the forum. But I was unable to engage the horse.

Also also, thank you for that extra detail Sunrunner! I wonder how many little extra tidbits there are that have evaded us all so far. Random Easter eggs like that and licking the tree, I think that's the funnest part.