TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I took the wrong direction and now I'm stuck in the bush when I was supposed to take the game trail.

Giving up for now. I like the ideas of these events but sometimes they're not fun to play because they're too hard or glitchy.

Edited by Vic

I took the wrong direction and now I'm stuck in the bush when I was supposed to take the game trail.

Giving up for now. I like the ideas of these events but sometimes they're not fun to play because they're too hard or glitchy.

The bush is a part of the game trail.

Ha! I didn't take the box from the skeleton this time, and when I talked to the spider, I could still give it a valentine!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!!!!!!

Is it just me, or were you guys possibly on drugs when making the beaver part? How do we NOT know about beavers in this world?!

"After all, we all have livers."

Oh, boy. I decided to take the bridge this time against all advice, and I've freed myself from the bramble bush, but now I can't figure out how to keep going along the game trail. Can someone help me?

Oh, boy. I decided to take the bridge this time against all advice, and I've freed myself from the bramble bush, but now I can't figure out how to keep going along the game trail. Can someone help me?

I'm stuck in the bushes, but you can try "FOLLOW SQUIRREL", I'm pretty sure others have done that.

I'm stuck in the bushes, but you can try "FOLLOW SQUIRREL", I'm pretty sure others have done that.

How did you free yourself?

Well, I had cut the bush with my sword (CUT BUSH WITH SWORD), but I guess that doesn't really free me. I tried following the squirrel and this is the message:

"You try to get up and follow the squirrel but fall unceremoniously back down into the bushes. You'll need to free yourself first."

Edited by TheVoid

Ok so I'm at the acorn tree but I'm scared that I'll anger these squirrels everyone is talking about... Meanwhile my friend on skype said she went down the river instead of crossing the bridge like I did. Is there a way for me to ether progress safely, or go back?

EDIT: Nevermind. I took some acorns then went back, got stuck in the bush and freed myself, crossed the bridge again and now I'm gonna follow the river.

Edited by AveryCF

The new dragon is female!Wow hope they make perfect mate with Snow ^-^

Still stuck in the bush. *sigh*

I'm digging around the AP for one more Mutamore. Spazz-clicked the only one I saw, didn't get it. There are a lot of Rosebuds right now.

I have so many dang Mutamores.

Edited by Condorflight

So I made it to the town but I don't know how to get the dragon to stop bothering me.

WARNING: I give a few spoilers in this post, but sense my computer fried, all I have is my phone. I can't do any fancy white wording so none of my spoilers are hidden. Please read at your own risk. ;3;

For everyone stuck in the bush:

To escape, you need to do something like "CUT BUSH WITH SWORD". The first time you do this, you have to do it twice before you can continue forward. However you'll only end up by an acorn tree with a mountain of acorns there. All I did was take the acorns before I couldn't find a way to continue.

After this, I typed in "GO BACK" which makes you get stuck in the bush again. DON'T FREAK OUT. Just type "CUT BUSH WITH SWORD" again once, then type "GO BACK" once more. This should bring you back to the river and the bridge.

Follow the river, ditch the bridge. I found a lot more storyline doing this and it ended up with me dealing with a dispute then finding myself back at the town. (However the dragon from the beginning is still after me for love advice. x'D)

Edited by AveryCF

WARNING: I give a few spoilers in this post, but sense my computer fried, all I have is my phone. I can't do any fancy white wording so none of my spoilers are hidden. Please read at your own risk. ;3;

For everyone stuck in the bush:

To escape, you need to do something like "CUT BUSH WITH SWORD". The first time you do this, you have to do it twice before you can continue forward. However you'll only end up by an acorn tree with a mountain of acorns there. All I did was take the acorns before I couldn't find a way to continue.

After this, I typed in "GO BACK" which makes you get stuck in the bush again. DON'T FREAK OUT. Just type "CUT BUSH WITH SWORD" again once, then type "GO BACK" once more. This should bring you back to the river and the bridge.

Unfortunately...

https://i.imgur.com/rv3sEM4.png -> https://i.imgur.com/Rghen2T.png -> https://i.imgur.com/gy0Hq7h.png

I'm glad some of you are managing to move on, though!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

LOL help I am stuck in the caverns and cannot find the spider

Are you stuck as in can't find anything or stuck as in can't figure out commands?

Unfortunately...

https://i.imgur.com/rv3sEM4.png -> https://i.imgur.com/Rghen2T.png -> https://i.imgur.com/gy0Hq7h.png

I'm glad some of you are managing to move on, though!

Oh that is so weird! ;D; I'm sorry! I was thinking it was just a common loop people couldn't figure out how to fix and that I was helping... I feel bad to know it's a glitch and me and my friend made it to the end, yet others are stuck in the never ending thorn bush... Sorry for the bad advice. ;~;

I give up.

> GO FORWARD

You try to go further down the trail but fall unceremoniously back down into the bushes. You'll need to free yourself first.

> CUT BUSH WITH SWORD

Hoping that some horrible creature isn't about to swoop down on you, you lunge sideways and grab at the handle of your SWORD. After a few desperate seconds your fingers gain purchase on the hilt and you pull it towards you. You use the blade to saw away at the brambles and free yourself.

> GO BACK

You try to go back the way you came but fall unceremoniously back down into the bushes. You'll need to free yourself first.

> CUT BUSH WITH SWORD

Hoping that some horrible creature isn't about to swoop down on you, you lunge sideways and grab at the handle of your SWORD. After a few desperate seconds your fingers gain purchase on the hilt and you pull it towards you. You use the blade to saw away at the brambles and free yourself.

> GO TO RIVER

You try to go back the way you came but fall unceremoniously back down into the bushes. You'll need to free yourself first.

> SCREAM INCOHERENTLY

Unknown command.

SockPuppet Strangler

Posted on Feb 15 2017, 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Merlot @ Feb 15 2017, 05:45 PM)

LOL help I am stuck in the caverns and cannot find the spider

Are you stuck as in can't find anything or stuck as in can't figure out commands?

as I cannot get out of the caverns or find a spider and I now have a migraine

Here is an updated version of my guide also found here.

(Edit: NOTE! Day 2 stuff is NOT an extra day! It's just additional things you can do that weren't there yesterday.)

---------

First off BADGES!

(Made by me)

A badge representing everyone's frustration with the game:

- Transparent background:

user posted image

[img=http://i66.tinypic.com/15p1jza.jpg]

- Scroll background:

user posted image

[IMG=http://i64.tinypic.com/126b9uc.jpg]

A badge for getting to the end of the game. (Well, what we know is the end so far.)

May all of you have found some kind of love, be it platonic, romantic, or just plain weird. xd.png

- Transparent background:

user posted image

[img=http://i63.tinypic.com/10e0bph.jpg]

- Scroll background:

user posted image

[img=http://i67.tinypic.com/35kv514.jpg]

---------

Shokomon's (not so) Quickie Guide

(Highlight for Spoilers; Gray because kinda spoilers.)

Day 1 Hints

For the Nest

1. Try investigating around the NEST. "EXAMINE NEST"

a. You may be able to investigate and pick up some things. ex: "EXAMINE SKELETONS" or "TAKE COINS"

b. You should look at your PLANNER. "EXAMINE PLANNER"

2. To leave the NEST, you gotta try to leave. "LEAVE NEST"

a. You should be specific on how you should leave the NEST. "CLIMB DOWN" OR "CLIMB BRANCHES"

For the Mountain Path, Path Fork, and Cliff

1. Follow the pathway. "TAKE PATH" or "GO <insert direction>"

a. Don't forget to collect stuff! "Take Armor"

2. Eventually, you will be blocked the TREE.

a. You could try to remove the tree. "USE AXE ON THE TREE" or "CHOP TREE WITH AXE"

b. Or you could just take the fork in the path on the LEFT. "GO LEFT"

c. If you take the fork, make sure to investigate and pick up stuff. ex: "TAKE ARMOR" or "EXAMINE PICKAXE"

2.If you take the fork, continue forward until you are at the CLIFF. "GO FORWARD"

a. You will see a horse.

b. Engage the horse. "TALK TO THE HORSE" and/or "EXAMINE THE HORSE"

c. There are reports of people being unable to engage the horse. Do not worry if you cannot engage the horse. It doesn't affect the game right now.

3. That's it. You have to turn around and GO BACK to the pathway with the TREE. Then, you gotta get rid of the TREE. "USE AXE ON THE TREE" or "CHOP TREE WITH AXE"

4. Once you get around the TREE STUMP, you will reach another dead end.

a. There are a couple things you can investigate and collect there. ex: "EXAMINE STICKS" or "TAKE ROCK"

b. You will see a pile of dead LEAVES with something shiny inside! Be sure to check them out. "EXAMINE LEAVES"

For the Caverns/Tunnels

1. Now, you are in a new place, so might as well investigate and take a memento. ex: "EXAMINE ROOTS" or "TAKE LEAF"

a. There are two TUNNELS to explore! Pick one! "GO EAST" or "GO SOUTH"

2. The eastern tunnel ends in a strange grotto.

a. Be sure to investigate. ex: "EXAMINE WALLS" or "TAKE LANTERN"

b. There is an ALTAR there, too. Maybe you can OPEN it? "OPEN LID"

c. Go back and check the other tunnel. "GO WEST"

3. The south tunnel leads to a cavern full of crystals.

a. Maybe you should investigate and keep one.  "EXAMINE CRYSTAL" and "TAKE CRYSTAL"

b. There are two dark tunnels attached to the cavern of crystals, one going SOUTH, and one going EAST.

c. You can explore the those tunnels. "GO EAST" or "GO SOUTH"

d. However, you can't to explore the tunnels without a light source. "EXAMINE INVENTORY" and check if you have the CRYSTAL.

For the Spider:

1. If you have run away from the SPIDER, then you need to explore some more. Try exploring the other tunnels. "GO <insert direction here>"

a. If you find the LAKE, you should see a SKELETON. Make sure to investigate it. "EXAMINE THE SKELETON" and "TAKE THE BOX" and "TAKE THE SWORD"

b. Don't know what to do with the FUNGUS, though...

c. Now you can go back and face the SPIDER!

2. If you are stuck at the SPIDER and you don't know what you have, you should take a look at your stuff. "EXAMINE INVENTORY"

a. Maybe, you should try asking the SPIDER what's wrong. "TALK TO THE SPIDER"

b. If you have the SWORD and you don't like spiders, maybe you should try using the SWORD. "USE SWORD ON THE SPIDER" or "ATTACK SPIDER WITH THE SWORD"

c. If you've talked to the SPIDER, you'll know what's wrong with it. Maybe you should give it something if you have the BOX. "GIVE BOX TO THE SPIDER"

d. Side note: If you love spiders so much, maybe you should marry it.After talking to the spider, "ASK SPIDER ON A DATE"

For the Forest Cave and Forest

1. To enter the FOREST from the Forest Cave, you literally have to enter the FOREST. "ENTER FOREST" or "ENTER THE FOREST"

a. But before that, you can investigate the FOREST too! "EXAMINE THE FOREST"

b. There is some stuff lying around. You can look at that stuff as well. ex: "EXAMINE GOLD" or "TAKE GEMS"

2. Once you are inside, you should a RIVER and a BRIDGE connecting to a GAME TRAIL.

a. Investigate your surroundings and then follow the RIVER. "FOLLOW THE RIVER"

b. The GAME TRAIL and BRIDGE are new. They will be covered in Day 2 stuff.

3. If you follow the river, you'll encounter a friendly WOODSMAN.

a. The prompts here are fairly self-explanatory. You can either help him. "INSIST HE TAKES YOU"

b. OR ditch him. "IGNORE HIM"

4. If you ditch him, you'll end up in at an old, abandoned MILL.

a. You investigate the area and go inside. ex: "EXAMINE WATERWHEEL" or "GO INTO MILL"

b. If you check out the mill, try investigating. You may find something. "EXAMINE DESK" and then, "TAKE RECORDS" and "TAKE PAINTING"

c. You can also follow the Path next to the MILL.

For the Beaver King

1. You will end up following this part of the story regardless if you help or ditch the Woodsman.

2. The prompts are fairly self-explanatory. Just follow the capitalized words.

a. Hint: BEAVERS don't know mercy.

b. Hint: Insults to character, insults to moms, and implications of compensation are generally frowned upon.

For the Battlements and the Village

1. You can see the GATE. You should make a break for the GATE. "RUN TO THE GATE"

a. It turns out there IS something else you can do; since this dragon is so obsessed with music making, maybe you should give it a taste of your own voice. "SING TO THE DRAGON"

b. THEN, you can make a break for the gate. "GO TO GATE"

2. If you didn't scare away the dragon, once you are in the village, the dragon will follow you and try to get you to listen to him.

a. You could give him a taste of his own medicine. "SING TO THE DRAGON"

b. Or you can toughen up the STREAMERS that are on him from crashing into town. "CAST SPELL OF RESILIENCE ON THE STREAMERS"

c. Once the dragons gone, you can go to the cafe! Meet your love! "GO TO CAFE"

Day 2 Hints

Everything is the same for day 2, except there is a new section.

For the Forest Detour

1. If you made it to the Forest, you will have noticed the BRIDGE extending to the GAME TRAIL on the RIGHT.

a. Take it. "GO RIGHT"

b. If you follow the RIVER, you may miss this section. I'm not sure.

2. You may find yourself in a bit of pickle with a BRAMBLE BUSH

a. There are some items around. Investigate them. ex: "TAKE ACORN"

b. You won't be able to leave until you free yourself from the BUSH. "CUT BUSH WITH SWORD"

c. Make sure to repeat for good measure. "CUT BUSH WITH SWORD" again

3. Once free you can continue forward to another dead end with an oak tree. "TAKE PATH" or "GO FORWARD" or "CONTINUE ON PATH"

a. Try investigating and maybe pick up something. ex: "TAKE MOUNTAIN"

b. There isn't much else to do. Head back to the RIVER. "GO BACK"

4. Apparently, at some point on this path, you can assault squirrels "THROW ACORNS"

a. I couldn't get it to work, but others have reported it.

b. You can also follow the squirrel, but I haven't confirmed this. "FOLLOW SQUIRREL"

c. You can also engage squirrels. I can't confirm this either though. "PET SQUIRREL"

From then on, the story progresses as is from yesterday.

NOTE: If you are stuck in the BRAMBLE BUSH, and tried everything above and cleared your cache, then you can report the problem here.

- Others have had the same issue.

- The BRAMBLE BUSH OF ENTRAPMENT has been reported, but no updates on a fix, yet.

---

- Feel free to correct me if any of these are wrong. I'm going from memory. Anyone is free to add more tips.

---

OTHER TIPS (Highlight for spoilers)

1. EXAMINE <insert creature/person/object here> or EXAMINE THE <insert creature/person/object here> ex: EXAMINE THE ROOTS, EXAMINE THE SKELETON

- usually helpful in investigating stuff

- doesn't work on everything

2. TAKE <insert object here> or TAKE THE <insert object here> ex: TAKE THE COINS, TAKE THE ARMOR

- you will use this a lot

- you can use it on random things too

- collected items will be added to your inventory EXAMINE INVENTORY

- Can also be used to take paths

3. USE (THE) <insert object here> ON (THE) <insert object/person/creature> ex: USE AXE ON TREE

- good for using items

- make sure you indicate what you are aiming at, or it won't work

4. GO <insert direction> ex: GO BACK, GO FORWARD, GO UP, GO EAST

- it will help you get around

- it doesn't always work

- it's often situation specific

Silly Actions:

TAKE TREE

LICK TREE

DRINK WATER/DRINK RIVER

USE/PLAY THE FLUTE (x2)

LICK THE HORSE

CHOP TREE WITH AXE/USE AXE on TREE (after already cutting down tree)

ATTACK SPIDER WITH SWORD/USE SWORD ON SPIDER (after attacking the spider already)

CUT BUSH WITH SWORD (after you freed yourself)

ATTACK BEAVERS WITH SWORD (at the beaver court)

And that's it for Shokomon's quicky guide. Feel free to modify.

Other Guides:

1. WoLfgIrLyS' Possible Day 1 Walkthrough

2. LaHaine's List of Actions

3. Raindear's List of Actions

4. Kovia's List of Actions

5. Bugzilla's List of Actions

6. A Possible Day 1 List of Items

7. Shadowfang's Possible Day 1 Walkthrough

8. quack0709's Possible Day 1 List of Items

9. Varekis's Possible Day 1 Walkthrough

10. Arwen17's Possible Day 1 Walkthrough

11. VixenDra's (+VioletWhirlwind's) Possible Day 1 List of Items

12. Alternate Inventory Commands

13. POSSIBLE ENDING: FRIENDSHIP

14. POSSIBLE ENDING (Thanks to Starscream): I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CAN MARRY A SPIDER

------------------

And that's it for now. If I missed anything, feel free to add it.

I will add new day stuff after I actually play the new stuff.

Edit: Finished updating the guide! It's not really a quicky guide anymore, but oh well.

Edit2: Adjusting the guide some more.

Edit: Updated guide to be clearer.

Edited by Shokomon