TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I can't leave the bushes in the game trail? I cleared my cache and everything. I just keep cutting, then trying to leabe, but nada.

EDIT - Same problem as above I guess.

> GO GAME TRAIL

You try to go further down the trail but fall unceremoniously back down into the bushes. You'll need to free yourself first.

> CUT BUSH WITH SWORD

Hoping that some horrible creature isn't about to swoop down on you, you lunge sideways and grab at the handle of your SWORD. After a few desperate seconds your fingers gain purchase on the hilt and you pull it towards you. You use the blade to saw away at the brambles and free yourself.

> GO GAME TRAIL

You try to go further down the trail but fall unceremoniously back down into the bushes. You'll need to free yourself first.

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

I can't leave the bushes in the game trail? I cleared my cache and everything. I just keep cutting, then trying to leabe, but nada.

EDIT - Same problem as above I guess.

> GO GAME TRAIL

> CUT BUSH WITH SWORD

Hoping that some horrible creature isn't about to swoop down on you, you lunge sideways and grab at the handle of your SWORD. After a few desperate seconds your fingers gain purchase on the hilt and you pull it towards you. You use the blade to saw away at the brambles and free yourself.

> GO GAME TRAIL

Same. I'm stuck.

Stuck at this, what should I do next?

You cross the creaky old BRIDGE and go down the GAME TRAIL, leaving the main PATH and RIVER behind. You have some extra time, and might as well explore while you're out here.

The forest creatures all seem to scatter as you pass, and soon it is very quiet. You start to feel a bit unnerved at the sudden silence, but don't see anything obviously dangerous. Perhaps the rumors are just stories after all. With no monsters come spilling out from behind the trees you feel a bit more confident and start walking more quickly.

Something swoops above you and a giant shadow crosses your path. You stumble backwards, dropping your SWORD and falling into a BRAMBLE BUSH. You hear the sound again, but closer. Your SWORD is just out of arm's reach and will take a few seconds to get a hold of, and you can't get to your pockets without shoving your arms into a nest of thorns. You look around for something to defend yourself with more immediately, but only see some MUSHROOMS and ACORNS.

I picked up the mushrooms and acorns, but everything else seem to be unknown command! I even tried eating them but that did not go well either sad.gif

Stuck at this, what should I do next?

You cross the creaky old BRIDGE and go down the GAME TRAIL, leaving the main PATH and RIVER behind. You have some extra time, and might as well explore while you're out here.

The forest creatures all seem to scatter as you pass, and soon it is very quiet. You start to feel a bit unnerved at the sudden silence, but don't see anything obviously dangerous. Perhaps the rumors are just stories after all. With no monsters come spilling out from behind the trees you feel a bit more confident and start walking more quickly.

Something swoops above you and a giant shadow crosses your path. You stumble backwards, dropping your SWORD and falling into a BRAMBLE BUSH. You hear the sound again, but closer. Your SWORD is just out of arm's reach and will take a few seconds to get a hold of, and you can't get to your pockets without shoving your arms into a nest of thorns. You look around for something to defend yourself with more immediately, but only see some MUSHROOMS and ACORNS.

I picked up the mushrooms and acorns, but everything else seem to be unknown command! I even tried eating them but that did not go well either sad.gif

Throw the acorn.

Take your sword. Cut bush with sword.

But there appears to be a glitch because someone of us can't leave the bush after cutting ourselves free.

Throw the acorn.

But there appears to be a glitch because someone of us can't leave the bush after cutting ourselves free.

yeah it seems that when I try to leave I fall back down into the bushes and have to free myself again...

Thanks for the reminder! xd.png

Me too sad.gif I even tried the pickaxe on the bush.

I started over to try things I hadn't done before. Now I'm stuck in the bush, which I've already cut with the sword (USE does not work here, bug?)

It would help me a lot if the game would accept "GET" as a verb (as all those old 70's text adventures did), because I keep regressing. And GET is one letter less than TAKE.

Ooh!

The s2 hatchling looks like a purple solstice dragon!

Edited by arjunvohra

Throw the acorn.

I'm also stuck in the bushes, does that mean we cant finish the game because its glitched? sad.gif

I'm stuck at the forest, right after the cave where you gave the valentine card to the spider. I've tried a ton of different commands, but none of them will work. What do I do??

I suspect so at the moment, but I bet TJ will fix it, as he did the loop yesterday..

I'm stuck at the forest, right after the cave where you gave the valentine card to the spider. I've tried a ton of different commands, but none of them will work. What do I do??

Spoiler:

enter forest
Edited by fuzzbucket

Dear journal. Still stuck in bramble bush. Have lost count on attempts of escape. Getting desperate. Have long put aside fears of potential monsters in the vicinity and have tried to call for help, even using the useless flute. No dice. If push comes to shove maybe the acorns and mushrooms are edible, and perhaps there're berries somewhere in these bushes.

My feet may be spectacularly clumsy, but I have to remain positive. I believe I may even become proficient enough to play this flute one day, considering all the practice I'm getting while trying to figure out how to escape.

I think I'll try any variety of "get out of bush" next.

Until next time.

Signed,

the graceless klutz

Whatever you do, once you chop the tree down, go down the path and examine the shiny leaves, fall in the hole and go east? DON'T OPEN THE ATLAR AND PLAY THE FLUTE... I knew it was fishy but I regret even doing it. x'D I went the other way but now I don't know what I do after being greedy and breaking off some crystals...

I tried get out of bush. Also climb bush, eat bush, lick bush, sing, spell.....

I'm wondering if the flute's effect will become the basis for a further story. wink.gif

I'm in the bush, what command should work to leave it? I tried 'escape bush' and 'leave bush', but nothing else so far.

If you're in the bush, cut bush with sword then follow game trail. I'm stuck at the next part, though.

Whatever you do, once you chop the tree down, go down the path and examine the shiny leaves, fall in the hole and go east? DON'T OPEN THE ATLAR AND PLAY THE FLUTE... I knew it was fishy but I regret even doing it. x'D I went the other way but now I don't know what I do after being greedy and breaking off some crystals...

Spoiler go down the dark passages

(first one and then the other.)

If you're in the bush, cut bush with sword then follow game trail. I'm stuck at the next part, though.

Well lucky you. I and most people just fell back in.

I wish there was a way to go back to the previous tunnels after meeting the spider. I missed the flute this time round because I accidentally met the spider, then couldn't go back. sad.gif

Also, anyone know what to do with the mountain of acorns?

Well lucky you. I and most people just fell back in.

The commands didn't work for you? :0