TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

So, at what amount of views/uvs are TJ's eggs meant to hatch? They've already got very high stats.

yay, finished and got the badge after reading thru this entire thread!

I never saw the horse, but I did get to meet the BURGER KING and make peace with him.

Tips for all the people who keep getting stuck:

1. "climb down" from the nest

2. "take axe" and "use axe on tree"

3. In the cave with the skeleton, "take sword" and "take box", even though these items aren't mentioned at all in the description of the cave.

4. "give box to spider" to get past the spider in the other cave.

5. "go east" to exit cave and enter the forest.

6. "follow river" to leave forest and enter village.

7. "sing dragon" to get out of the street and enter the cafe.

These were all the places I struggled and got stuck on too.

I didn't do the thing with the streamers, I just sang really badly to the dragon and he stopped.  What do the streamers do?

Oh, curious!

Well, the dragon just crashes to the ground. =P I figured I may as well make use of that spell the spider gifted me in the cave. ^-^

Edit: whoops, I should probably clarify: the streamers become 'resilient' and bind the dragon, thus stopping his frolicking about!

When I get out of nest, I can't go down the path. What should I do?

Is this the path with the tree? You need to pick up the axe and chop the tree down before you can proceed down the path. ^^

Edited by Varekis

what do i do after that???

Next: take/follow path

Thanks to TJ and everyone else involved in this event - purple eggs and a proper old-school text-based adventure. Excellent! Can't wait to see the hatchlings... happy.gif

Finally I finished the event, I'm not a native english speaker so sometimes to find out the right command word made me bit frustrated. But overall it was a fun and interesting game. biggrin.gif

I found the horse, tried at least 30 different commands (not kidding), even to kill it, well... I was a bit upset, but nothing happened. xd.pngtongue.gif

Does the horse have a purpose in the game and I missed something out or it was just a dead end...?

Is this the path with the tree? You need to pick up the axe and chop the tree down before you can proceed down the path. ^^

No, no trees. It's a mountain path, and there's rusty armour scattered. I can't pick it up either.

No, no trees. It's a mountain path, and there's rusty armour scattered. I can't pick it up either.

You only have to take/follow path there smile.gif

When I get out of nest, I can't go down the path. What should I do? sad.gif

Edit: I cleared cookies, and still it doesn't work. When I try something like taking coins, they don't show up in the inventory.

my girlfriend is having the same problem that you have, she cleared cookies and cache too. is this a known problem or should i write a separate post?

Oh, purple with cream eggs! That's a nice Valentine variation! Looking forward to hatchlings!

Just got out of the nest. Fun story so far biggrin.gif

ok. people say i should be able to end the game now. the game won't let me. seriously, what is wrong?!?!?! the more tired i get, the more frustrated i am getting.

hopefully if this is a new story/adventure every day, it doesn't take hours to do like it did today as i won't have time with 12 hour shifts the next 3 days.

i do like the purple eggs though. kind of wished TJ's would have hatched by now though. i feel like they normally have before.

You only have to take/follow path there smile.gif

I did, and the game went back at the dragon's lair, and there was a note saying

"There doesn't seem to be anything to do that with."

You don't need to pick up the armour. Just type 'follow path'. ^^

For reference:

Leaving the nest: climb down

Mountain path: follow path

Removing the tree: chop tree with axe

After tree stump: examine leaves

Entrance grotto: go east > examine altar > remove lid > go west > go south > take crystals > go south > examine skeleton > take box > take sword > go north > go east

Forest: enter forest > examine river > follow river

To stop the dragon: cast spell of resilience on streamers

@ above: Hmm, that's odd... That happened to me (the looping backwards) when my game was glitched. Maybe try clearing cookies/the usual?

Edited by Varekis

Still not a single crack? Does it normally take a while for TJ's holiday eggs to hatch? I know his other eggs are usually stage one by now or maybe stage two.

I did, and the game went back at the dragon's lair, and there was a note saying

"There doesn't seem to be anything to do that with."

How odd. blink.gif It looks like this event's still glitching for a few people.

Ya know, they really shouldn't say you can take something ,when you cant b/c no command works for it!

WB

Um, I didn't go through the entire thread because I didn't want to be spoilt, but where is that horse people are talking about? So far, I've met a red dragon, various skeletons, a spider, a woodsman and assorted beavers, but no horse...

ETA: Is there a way to reset the day?

Edited by walkinslow

I cleared cache too. Still not working.

Edit: Eh, who cares. At least I got the dragons smile.gif

Edited by Kitty137

Thought it might be easier putting together a list of commands! I've included the standard commands needed to progress through the sections but have omitted commands for the parts involving player choice.

Edit: just realised a quote box makes white text invisible, as is the intention. o3o

Huh, I didn't think of using the spell, I just sang back to the dragon. tongue.gif

Oh, curious!

Well, the dragon just crashes to the ground. =P I figured I may as well make use of that spell the spider gifted me in the cave. ^-^

Edit: whoops, I should probably clarify: the streamers become 'resilient' and bind the dragon, thus stopping his frolicking about!

Okay, finished todays quest/event. But I never got the spell from the Spider, what did I do wrong? The only command that worked for me was to attack that poor thing. sad.gif

hi,me again

now I'm in the Forest Cave ?

what happen?!

can I ask where we should go ??

missing again~

thanks for help,everyone!

Edited by veci037