TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

welp. too late now

but from what ive read, the horse is on the path that is not obstructed by the tree

Yep, clearly it's irrelevant.

Ok, having finished the event, I feel like it wasn't set in Valkemare, because [color-white]it specifically says red dragons aren't your storybook princess-kidnappers, yet this unfortunately unnamed male is. The hyper-intelligent beavers don't seem to fit. The anachronisms too, but to a lesser extent - they were there for the lols.[/color] I get that this event is meant to be fun, but I found the constantly-changing move commands made it hard in a bad way.

If you do another text adventure like this, I recommend that you add a command like 'help' or 'command list' to tell you what you can do, or at least offer a refresher on the possible command types (i.e. "You can EXAMINE, CLIMB, TAKE, USE or WALK in/from this location."). An INVENTORY of all the goodies you're lugging around could be nice too. It is fun to explore a mystery, but not to spontaneously forget how to walk. It would be a huge help to all the non-native speakers, too.

I did enjoy the adventure, don't get me wrong. I offer this criticism in the hopes that our lovely event planners can make future adventures more fun and accessible to all.

Thank you to everyone who put this event together.

There was an inventory though, accessible by multiple comands even.

v

Examine inventory

examine bag

look at bag

look at inventory

Not that it mattered much in the end except when I needed to use the valentines

I'd like to have been able to actually use such goodies for more purposeful things, though, it all felt a little pointless aside from a little humor here and there. And I do agree with the point you made about the very inconsistent commands for moving about.

I do love text adventures though, and I was rather impressed by the art that was made for it c:

Can't wait to see what will hatch out of the cute purple eggs as well.

Thanks for the event!

The new egg has started picking up more views! Hopefully it will hatch within two hours. /goes to refresh page and give more views

Wellp, I just managed to summon Cthulhu. Don't think my adventure can get any better at this point.

Ooooooh, a purple Valentine dragon? <3 Thank you, TJ and spriters! Now to go catch some, breed my remaining Valentine's (since I don't think I'll be getting any offers for them now) and play this texty game.

Ok, having finished the event, I feel like it wasn't set in Valkemare, because [color-white]it specifically says red dragons aren't your storybook princess-kidnappers, yet this unfortunately unnamed male is. The hyper-intelligent beavers don't seem to fit. The anachronisms too, but to a lesser extent - they were there for the lols.[/color] I get that this event is meant to be fun, but I found the constantly-changing move commands made it hard in a bad way.

If you do another text adventure like this, I recommend that you add a command like 'help' or 'command list' to tell you what you can do, or at least offer a refresher on the possible command types (i.e. "You can EXAMINE, CLIMB, TAKE, USE or WALK in/from this location."). An INVENTORY of all the goodies you're lugging around could be nice too. It is fun to explore a mystery, but not to spontaneously forget how to walk. It would be a huge help to all the non-native speakers, too.

I did enjoy the adventure, don't get me wrong. I offer this criticism in the hopes that our lovely event planners can make future adventures more fun and accessible to all.

Thank you to everyone who put this event together.

Yes to all this! Finally finished! Happy St. Valentine's Day!

I am trying to get past the cave and go to the forest I have used the following commands:

GO FOREST

WALK FOREST

LEAVE CAVE

EXIT CAVE

Plus GO EAST/WEST/NORTH/SOUTH

It won't even let me use GO BACK

How the heck do I get out?

Edited by harlequinraven

So, what could be the name of the new dragon?

Between Celestial and Cheese.

There's quite a lot that can fit between that.

I heard "Charming" earlier, sounds like a fitting theme.

Or maybe "chanting"?

Edited by Ripan

Ok, having finished the event, I feel like it wasn't set in Valkemare, because [color-white]it specifically says red dragons aren't your storybook princess-kidnappers, yet this unfortunately unnamed male is

Well, maybe he just is a weird one, Humans are pretty diverse, who's to say there isn't something kinda off with this one dragon?

Most humans don't collect skulls but I bet there are SOME that do.

Maybe that's why he has no luck with the females, I sure wouldn't date him, even ignoring the morality that most dragons probably don't care about, there are one or two pragmatic reasons you probably wouldn't want a dragon that kidnaps people, that's probably gonna bring about someone in armor who could smash an egg with his sword if given the chance.

Edited by blockEdragon

Is there a reddit or a walkthrough because I can't seem to get past the second screen. No matter what command I type, it brings me back to the first screen as if I am starting over. Is that supposed to happen? Because that is a rather unfair punishment for getting a command wrong in a text based game like this where your only option is to continue guessing what to do.

Well, just bred all my Valentines (all cb) with either cb golds, or cb silvers. Abandoned all. So some nice 2nd gens are floating around out there now.

Got my two eggs.

Purple ones, hmmm? Wonder what they'd look like mated with Mutamores?

Oh my GOSH, this is wonderful! I used to play these text adventures all the time as a kid biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif And I love the egg, can't wait to see what the hatchlings look like. My favourite color and all. Happy Valentine's Day me (lol, j/k, happy Valentine's to all you lot, spriters & adventure-makers especially)!

I am trying to get past the cave and go to the forest I have used the following commands:

GO FOREST

WALK FOREST

LEAVE CAVE

EXIT CAVE

Plus GO EAST/WEST/NORTH/SOUTH

It won't even let me use GO BACK

How the heck do I get out?

Enter Forest

Callin' all bets, who's the egg-daddy/mommy?

My money is on birdz.

Edited by blockEdragon

Is there a reddit or a walkthrough because I can't seem to get past the second screen. No matter what command I type, it brings me back to the first screen as if I am starting over. Is that supposed to happen? Because that is a rather unfair punishment for getting a command wrong in a text based game like this where your only option is to continue guessing what to do.

Maybe try clearing your cache and cookies?

Are you typing climb down?

Ooooh, this might become one of my favorite valentines dragons biggrin.gif

Game Spoliers:

I feel bad, I just attack the spider without trying to comfort it sad.gif

I got the beavers and woodsman to work together now and sing the dragon away.

I picked the confess feelings option at the end (I also destroy the world by playing the flute at the dragon. yey)

Enter Forest

Thank you. I was getting REALLY frustrated trying everything I could think of. I can't imagine what it must be like for non-native English speakers trying to think of every possible synonym. O_O

I'm stuck even on the second screen. I feel a bit duncey because nothing i try works rip

Edited by White_dragon_2k9

Finished the adventure, very cute, and OMG the new eggs are so adorable! wub.gif Yay purple! Thanks as always to everyone involved in the event, spriters, TJ, thank you thank you!

I don't like a lot this year adventure - you know, it can be very frustrating for a not-english-mothertongue. ç_ç My english is good enought to look around the forum and understand a medium difficult text, but not for a similar game