TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

So my housemate is playing the game, and he got past the spider but can't seem to figure out the command he needs to use to leave the sandy cave and enter the forest. Any hints?

So my housemate is playing the game, and he got past the spider but can't seem to figure out the command he needs to use to leave the sandy cave and enter the forest. Any hints?

Enter forest

This event is kooky and fun. biggrin.gif

I never found the horse and cliff or anything, but apparently reconciled a long hatred/war between beavers and lumberjacks. lol

Thanks to everyone who worked on it!

This event is kooky and fun. biggrin.gif

I never found the horse and cliff or anything, but apparently reconciled a long hatred/war between beavers and lumberjacks. lol

Thanks to everyone who worked on it!

It was on the path to the left. I missed it too

I finished finally and have in my inventory (as best as I can remember):

-PLANNER

-NOTE

-COINS

-PICKAXE

-SMALL ARMOR

-ARROW

-SPELL OF RESILIENCE

-CRYSTAL

-STICK

-ROCK

-LOVE NOTE from spider

-AXE with crest of arms on it

I didn't see any way to get the flowers and streamers though. :/

And I refuse to take any bones. D:

I think I got a romantic relationship now. O.o I dealt with the Beaver King, freed the Woodsmen, drank from the river (Nice commentary there xd.png), saw the mysterious horse on the cliff, sang the dragon away.

I could not go back after encountering the spider unfortunately and I saw no alter with flute and didn't summon anything from the deeps like I wanted to. ;;;n;;; noooooo....

I wish I could go back to get the flute in the caverns. :/

I wish there was a handy-dandy guide of quick codes you can enter in that will guarantee to move you around so you can remember and use that to more easily explore. D: Dammit!

The eggs are purple and cute though and I cannot wait to see what comes out of them though. :3

I'm egg locked for another 18 hours or so unfortunately with last minute breeding. :/ Hopefully I can still get my two before midnight tonight so they'll have the "egg laid" date of Valentine's Day. D:

Ok, having finished the event, I feel like it wasn't set in Valkemare, because [color-white]it specifically says red dragons aren't your storybook princess-kidnappers, yet this unfortunately unnamed male is. The hyper-intelligent beavers don't seem to fit. The anachronisms too, but to a lesser extent - they were there for the lols.[/color] I get that this event is meant to be fun, but I found the constantly-changing move commands made it hard in a bad way.

If you do another text adventure like this, I recommend that you add a command like 'help' or 'command list' to tell you what you can do, or at least offer a refresher on the possible command types (i.e. "You can EXAMINE, CLIMB, TAKE, USE or WALK in/from this location."). An INVENTORY of all the goodies you're lugging around could be nice too. It is fun to explore a mystery, but not to spontaneously forget how to walk. It would be a huge help to all the non-native speakers, too.

I did enjoy the adventure, don't get me wrong. I offer this criticism in the hopes that our lovely event planners can make future adventures more fun and accessible to all.

Thank you to everyone who put this event together.

Edited by Kakaru_of_DOOM

Yeah, it didn't feel like it was set in Valkemare, with the large talking beavers and a stereotype knight-killing dragon. The spider didn't feel as off, maybe because of Harry Potter, haha.

I am so confused... I have picked up everything I can and examined it. I assume I am supposed to leave the nest, but I don't know how. :/

I can't even get out of the nest. DX

Try this command: Climb down

T-T Thank GON! I finished! I never would have without the help, though... 'never done a retro text adventure before really. I'm better with things I can see - aphantasia apparently... dry.gif

Yosh!!!!

Thanks for the effort, DC team!

FINALLY IVE FINISHED!

But I never ran into the flute or horse sad.gif

is the event over?

And thank you AppleMango for the help c:

Edited by BlueMint

I'm stuck...in the cave with the FUNGUS. I have the box from the skeleton and I'm by the lake. I feel like the spider is next...but how?

I can't get past the horse/cliff, or the tree/boulders. I'm done. I've never liked this kind of game. Can't get my character to off him/herself off with the battle axe, so I guess s/he just dies there talking to the horse. Too much frustration. Bleh.

I just hope the badge doesn't change if the story is completed, cuz mine won't, if so.

At least the eggs are pretty.

Edited by wbmorgan

I hate that the wording for the event is so specific. For the forest part I tried go through the forest, continue into the forest, pass the forest, etc. All of these phrases are essentially the same as the one sentence that worked. Sigh.

FINALLY IVE FINISHED!

But I never ran into the flute or horse sad.gif

is the event over?

And thank you AppleMango for the help c:

You have to go down the east cave to get the flute. I don't think I'm going to find teh horse either.

Finally made it. That was fun, but I am a bit disappointed that barrel-riding down the river was not a possible option. wink.gif Who cares that it's been "done before", as long as it's fun. happy.gif

Edited by Ripan

I can't get past the horse/cliff, or the tree/boulders. I'm done. I've never liked this kind of game. Can't get my character to off him/herself off with the battle axe, so I guess s/he just dies there talking to the horse. Too much frustration. Bleh.

I just hope the badge doesn't change if the story is completed, cuz mine won't, if so.

At least the eggs are pretty.

Have you tried using the axe on something.....I believe you have to "CHOP DOWN TREE WITH AXE."

You have to go down the east cave to get the flute. I don't think I'm going to find teh horse either.

welp. too late now

but from what ive read, the horse is on the path that is not obstructed by the tree

Edited by BlueMint