Predat0rs

Limit how many times you can pick up the same egg

I still don't see any real advantage of a limit or marker+limit over a marker. Markers mean people are able to make any decision they want with just more information than now. A limit, even if it's one that isn't that hindering, does take away some options, so if markers alone can solve the issue I'd rather that be done.

I don't think there's a benefit except that it seems more doable. I don't know what a marker would require from TJ's end, but the benefit for me is that I'm not sure if a marker is possible, but we already have a kind of limit, so I assume it is doable.

Only TJ can say for sure, of course. I do agree that a marker would be nicer, but this would work for me as an alternative.

Just marking the egg's appearance in the AP and putting no restriction on how many times someone takes it and throws it back seems to be the best compromise. The people who don't want the egg can steer clear, but the people who changed their minds can take it again.

Support. I'd go for the marker option without limits too. Especially during holidays I tend to finally keep an egg, when I've picked it up several times when I can't find something that fits what I would like to have. I might use them for freezing or zombie fodder, even though I wasn't initially looking for something to freeze or zombify.

TJ manages markers on dragons we have fertilised, so I am betting he could do this too.

*snip*

I think the best way to handle this is the egg would be marked in the AP after the first abandon, but you could still choose to pick it up again.  That way in holiday hunting you don't have to pick up and dump the same egg two or three times before the site lets you know it's an egg you've grabbed before.

This seems like a fair solution, keeping the amount of time it takes someone to effectively "know" the AP, or the breed/s they want from it, down. The more I think about it, the more negligible the issue seems anyway.

I like the idea of marked eggs being slightly faded like the effect in fertility: the colours are still visible, just fainter, so telling eggs apart shouldn't pose a problem but they'll still be clearly different from the non-marked eggs.

TJ manages markers on dragons we have fertilised, so I am betting he could do this too.

They're also not clickable, and I don't know if that marker + not being clicked are separate elements or entwined together. And since you aren't up for a hard limit, I doubt you're wanting nonclickable eggs on the AP. =o

(Although, actually, that might be the easiest way to deal with this, aside from plain hiding the eggs, and I could be okay with graying out eggs on the AP that I've thrown back or abandoned before.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Aaah support! Getting the same egg again and again when I was out hunting for holiday eggs was giving me a headache.

I'm fine with either markers or limits.