kreepers_killer

retired site skin idea

When reading the update post saying the two site skin dinocave and blackout where removed I noticed something a bit unfair. Players who used them the most could keep them, but players who didn't could not anymore. If some people can use them, they should be available to anyone! I know they where removed since thye where old and outdated, but tj could add a warning saying they are old!

I liked the blackout skin, but, back then I prefered the normal site design. Now, I'd prefer the blackout over the new one, but It's not on the menu

Edited by kreepers_killer

im okay with this. tj doesnt have to update the retired skins but letting people choose to use them would be nice

user posted image Keeping them on the list would be okay with me as long as the warning of them being outdated was there. I never tried any of the old skins, but other people who take screenshots of the skins make me wanna try them. unsure.gif

The reason they aren't still available is that it is more work to upkeep multiple skins, and it's unnecessary to do this when some of the skins are so rarely used. The reason TJ let people who were using the skins keep using them is because it's a bit unfair to just yank that option away from them when they use it often. But it doesn't make any sense to let new users choose these skins when they are not receiving any upkeep or updating. That's just going to be asking for trouble. The skin being retired is a sign to people that it may be or become less functional than the other skins.

Therefore, I am closing this thread.