Obscure_Trash

Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza

Sock, I've been seeing lots of undies in the AP today and it got me thinking. Could we have an alt mass breed where we breed blacks, undines, vines, nebulas, gemshards, dorsals, and ridgewings? 

5 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Sock, I've been seeing lots of undies in the AP today and it got me thinking. Could we have an alt mass breed where we breed blacks, undines, vines, nebulas, gemshards, dorsals, and ridgewings? 

Yup, that's another one that's already on the list. I had thought about doing it last month and the month before, and there was some reason I didn't yet, but now I can't remember why... o.o

2 hours ago, Fly-by-Night said:

I wouldn't want to miss that - could you send me a reminder, please?

I added you to the list for reminders for the next event.

Speaking of, I need to get off my butt here, check the calendar, and announce the next event, don't I!?

I wouldn't mind another two-headed massbreed sometime, to give the new Baikalas a boost. :)

A 'cute' mass breed with Pillows, Balloons, and Mints? The trifecta of cuteness imho.

7 hours ago, dustpuppy said:

I wouldn't mind another two-headed massbreed sometime, to give the new Baikalas a boost. :)

I most likely will not be repeating events during the same year they occurred. So a specific 2head breeding hosted by me isn't likely to  happen until next year. ^^;; You could certainly organize one if you want one sooner, though!

4 hours ago, Wiz said:

A 'cute' mass breed with Pillows, Balloons, and Mints? The trifecta of cuteness imho.

I think I'd definitely have to do more breeds than that together. How common are any of those considered right now? I thought balloons have been uncommon-ish for a while and, for whatever reason, I always think of pillows as slightly uncommon. o.o

But we could probably just do a "cute mass breed", potentially with some suggestions, and let people breed what they think is cute. (Honestly, I'm not sure if I consider any adult dragons aside from maybe pygmies cute, just personally. :lol: )

5 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

(Honestly, I'm not sure if I consider any adult dragons aside from maybe pygmies cute, just personally. :lol: )

Harsh!

jmPi1dW.png

I'd like a cute massbreed. :3

Edited by Dirtytabs

I loved participating in the new commons event.  A "cute" mass breed would be fun too.  It'd give me a chance to start on a tea cozy lineage I've been planning that features pillow dragons :) 

It might be time to do a Halloween mates breeding soon.

9 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

It might be time to do a Halloween mates breeding soon.

As I was doing before, I'll be doing holiday mates the month before their holiday. ^^

Our next event is coming up! And it's user appreciation! Thanks everyone who answered what their favorite dragon was.

Friday the 11th: This has been a warm, warm, warm - downright hot - summer for many people. In bearing such heat (and humidity), we need to treat ourselves. That's why this massbreed is user appreciation! We are breeding some of the favorite dragons of the users who participate in these mass breeds. This Friday the 11th, please join me in breeding your cb and nicely lined: black teas, celestials, daydreams, glacewings, gray/storms, green/pebbles, lunar heralds, mints, moonstones, reds, royal crimsons, speckle throateds, teimarrs, tetras, terrae, and undines. Remember, if that's too many dragons for you, just pick some of your best lines or breed just a little of everything or spread your breeding out throughout the days.

If you can't make it on Friday, Saturday and Sunday the 12th and 13th are our extra days.

For those of you who don't see your favorite dragon up there, I'm sorry! I only held an informal poll here. Everyone who answered here should see their favorite listed above. For those of you that missed out this time around, perhaps next time! I think I'd definitely like to do this again. Such a wide array of answers, perfect for our mass breeds.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:52 AM, Dirtytabs said:

Harsh!

jmPi1dW.png

LOL. I don't know whether to "aww" or run away screaming in terror. I think I'll compromise and run in terror while shouting "AWW!"

Yay, can't wait! I love the wide array of breeds, the AP is gonna be awesome after this.

What a wonderful idea. This will be great fun.

Thank you, Sock :)

6 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Friday the 11th: This has been a warm, warm, warm - downright hot - summer for many people.

:lol: We've had more than our usual share of rain here. People are hoping for some summer heat, though (especially the farmers, who have been exceedingly unlucky with their harvest so far) - or they have given up and go on holiday, like me. Unfortunately, that means I won't have time for the mass breed. I'll breed most of my Undines before or after my holidays, though. As I'm currently working on reaching 10th gen, that's quite a lot of Undines. ^_^

8 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Friday the 11th: This has been a warm, warm, warm - downright hot - summer for many people. 

Hah! That's a joke right? Because summer was a nice day and all but it was over weeks ago.

And yay for Speckle Throats! Looking forward to this one. :D

2 hours ago, Wiz said:

Hah! That's a joke right? Because summer was a nice day and all but it was over weeks ago.

Nope. (And I don't even have air.) =U Still at heat stroke risk over here.

2 hours ago, Jazeki said:

Can you please send me a reminder for this event? 

Added you!

Yesssss, beautiful Storms! And Tetras! And Black Teas and Terrae and Lunar Heralds and... yes, I'll find some nice things to breed. Looking forward to this event! :)

I'm totally looking out for this. <3 These mass breedings are so much fun... Plus... this one seems pretty close to a "cute massbreeding". :wub:

2 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Nope. (And I don't even have air.) =U Still at heat stroke risk over here.

Yeah, I'm in western Canada and we're having a massive (possibly record breaking) heatwave too. x_x

At least I have the mass breed to look forward to!

Edited by Terces

*looks at Sock's links* Mid-90s? Yesterday here it topped out at 105, right now it's 102, and it's supposed to get up to 108 by Friday. And it's unusually humid right now. And our car doesn't have air conditioning. Ugh.

I always seem to miss your mass-breeds, but I've already set a reminder for myself for the 11th. I don't have a ton of any of those breeds except Celestials, but since those can multi-breed, I'm hoping to send out quite a bit!