Obscure_Trash

Sock's Mass Breeding Extravaganza

Would anyone else like to see Frills and/or Fells on the list?  Getting anything else out of them has been a pain for me.   I finally started a checker using both to see if they their overbreeding would cancel each other out.

I have no fells! :lol: I'd appreciate being able to pick up some pretty 2nd/3rd gen checkers with fells. As for Frills I love them. I can't understand why so many CB ones make it to the AP. 

I'm in. This sure will be a lot of fun. I'll make a breeding plan tomorrow. :D

Also, thanks for adding me to the reminder list. :)

Excited to see Azure Glacewings on the list - I've been planning to do more checkers with them because I've fallen in love with the sprite. I don't have much of the other breeds but I'll breed whatever nice ones I have.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fells and/or Frills added too.

I'm in! I think I have 8-10 dragons from each newer breeds. I'd love to see frills in list too. ^_^

Fells and frills added! Thanks for the feedback!

For those of you worried about not participating because you don't have many of those breeds, don't be afraid to breed what you have! The cool thing about organized community mass breeds is that it ends up a massbreed anyway if a lot of people contribute some dragons. ;3

I would love to see some clouds and fever wyverns worked in, if possible please.

Clouds? Like Storm or Daydream clouds?

Fever I'd agree with ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

If clouds does mean daydreams, I would prefer not to add those to the list out of gratitude for the extremely generous prize donor of our last two raffles - they are trying to do some daydream breeding and are having trouble actually breeding them. However, I will go add fevers right now!

Other breeds I was wondering if they need bred (but haven't tried lineages with them in a while) - antareans, yellow-crowneds, greater spotted drakes, and/or frostbites. Anybody trying to breed those and struggling with getting anything else? (I don't want to add too many breeds, but I am trying to get a little variety as a few people expressed concern over not being able to participate.)

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Antareans and Frostbites I'd agree with. The other I have not much experience with.

3 hours ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Other breeds I was wondering if they need bred (but haven't tried lineages with them in a while) - antareans, yellow-crowneds, greater spotted drakes, and/or frostbites. Anybody trying to breed those and struggling with getting anything else? (I don't want to add too many breeds, but I am trying to get a little variety as a few people expressed concern over not being able to participate.)

Antareans are pretty antarean-heavy: https://dragcave.net/progeny/UomoU (3/3), https://dragcave.net/progeny/gVyPZ (4/5), https://dragcave.net/progeny/kNkgx (6/7), https://dragcave.net/progeny/QPYWs (9/10)

Yellow-crowned: I still get a lot of yellow-crowned, but I've gotten some lunar heralds and at least one lumina from them

Greater spotted drakes: I don't think they're common enough to deserve inclusion here

Frostbites are common but not that common. I've gotten golden wyverns, bright-breasted wyverns, deep seas, undines, and a pyralspite or two

Ooh, just checked carmine wyvern and blue-banded: progeny. 87/97 non-holidays are carmines, and even now with black capped teimarr they still carmine heavy. 53/62 non-holidays are blue-banded and that hasn't changed much lately, IMO. This lineage was SUCH a headache to build :dry:

Edited by Dirtytabs

What about Carmines and Blue-Banded? I have a hard time getting anything else out of those still.

Thanks for the input, all! I've decided to add antareans, carmines, and blue-banded dragons. o3o

Excited to join in the breeding! Will be flying that day so may do most of it the day before and after.

On 1/30/2017 at 8:04 PM, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Saturday the 15th: Happy mid-July! Summer can be associated with many things: heat waves, wildfires, monsoons, vacations, beach days - or even snow, depending on your part of the world. Let's celebrate the variety of memories we can make by making some breeding memories with some of the newer common breeds (and try to help balance out their breeding ratios)! Let's breed our: scimintar-wings, sinii krais, tetras, azure glacewings, honey drakes, fells, monarchs, almeralds, kingcrownes, kyanite pygmies, candelabras, tarantula hawk drakes, sapphires, fevers, frills, antareans, carmines, and blue-bandeds***

This may be a good time to work on your purebreds and try out new pairs, as well as continue those checkers you've been putting on hold.
If you cannot join us on the 15th, please feel free to join us on Friday the 14th or Sunday the 16th.

***If you have a request to add/remove something from this list, post before breeding day! If you are requesting I remove something, please have it be because it's reasonable to breed to other dragons. If you are requesting I add something, please have it be because it's an ultra common that dominates breeding results to commons. Focus will be on newer breeds, but I know how long it can take breeding results to even out...
As well, you may request certain common pairs to be bred, and I can feature them in the first post.

If you can't make the main day, this is the first day you can join in for this event! This is also the last day you have to request either breeds be added/removed or request certain pairings to be bred.

I will be sending out reminders sometime tomorrow. :3

I'm quite busy tomorrow, so I did all my breedings today. Got a LOT of tetras, antareans, scimitar-wings and sinii krais, and a good handful of the other breeds, too. Only the drakes were misbehaving, only 2 eggs from 6 breedings! I really hope this event will help especially the situation with tetras, my attempts to breed an almadine or even a black tea from them have seemed impossible so far.

edit. oh, didn't breed my sapphires yet, gotta wait until it's red fire gem-o'clock!

Edited by HeDy

Loooooong day. I am trying to work up the energy to send out reminders as the event has officially started! I will at least get reminders out before I go to bed.

We received an offer for a 2nd gen white zyu from a gold tinsel as a raffle prize. I am far too tired to organize anything better. Please simply post that you're "in for the raffle" and I'll pull a winner in a day and a half/two days depending on when I can get on (I have a road trip coming up, so I can't say when exactly I'll be available). I will be notifying you all of this in your reminder PMs.

~

As a semi-side note, if people are going to regularly offer raffles for this thread, I'd like to be able to set up some way where these could be more automatically organized or mostly executed by the donors as they wish. I'm not really looking to turn this into a raffle thread where I host raffles, but I feel bad for not giving people the chance for such beautiful pretties. :<

Maybe I could start another list (in addition to the notifications list) for people who wish to be automatically entered for any raffles in the thread (maybe restricting raffles to 2nd gen prizes/kin). Whenever it's close to an event, donors can give me a head's up. Then they can announce it in the thread or I'll include it in my event announcement. Then the donor could then draw from that raffle list. If they wish to stay anonymous, they can let me know the winner and give me the link, and I can pass it onto the winner. Otherwise, they can announce in the thread and pass on the prize. And if people have other prizes they wish to offer to breeders, they can simply note in this thread and offer on a first come, first serve basis (but I don't want this thread to turn into majority teleport links, as those should stay largely within the Trading section). Or something?

I don't mind every once in a while hosting a raffle, but I seem to have raffled off several prizes now, and it does take a time commitment from me, which requires me to have a more stable schedule than I do now (often with little notice, as you never know how your dragons are going to breed). =x

Anyway, I hope no donors feel bad or anything based off my post, I just didn't know this thread would turn into a dual massbreed+raffle thread, lol. Although I guess I should have foreseen it with how generous everybody is. xP

EDIT: After sending out PMs...

@jocosa The forum is telling me that you can't receive messages, so I hope tagging you will work as your reminder! The full event description is two posts up and in the first post.

ab613, Laura-Borealis, Pluviophillia, and WoLfgIrLyS - I copy'pasta names in the 'To' field to ensure I get them correct. None of you showed up in the member list to send to. You have therefore been removed from the reminders list, as you either didn't notify me of your name change or I missed it (in which case, my deepest apologies!). If you'd like to be re-added to the yearly reminder, please post letting me know. I do hope you all see this post if you are still interested in these events! </3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm in for the raffle!

Went down the Breeds list and bred what I had - mostly produced 2gs from Holidays and a handful of checkers.

Breeding now, and I'm in for the raffle! Thanks so much Sock and donor!

I have bred all the breeds listed. I also breed all of my Royal Crimsons, as they are so hard to get anything other than a Crimson from :(

As a result I have sent: 99 PBs & 14 non-PB eggs to the AP.

Interestingly, whilst I got eggs from nearly everything I bred (I only had 16 no eggs) the breed from which I only got one egg out of four tries was Scimitar-Wings.