Alchemy

Egg gamble

NOT a separate biome. That would kind of defeat the purpose.

NOT a separate biome. That would kind of defeat the purpose.

In what way? The suggestion only mentions biomes once and loosely and there's no explaination why should it affect the biomes in particular.... And do we want new potential caveblockers of this sort so much? And why the non-biome breeds (holidays and prizes) should even be there then? I mean what would justify them being there in mud but not without?

I'd see it as a part of a store then - purhase a random egg.

Or just simply against, it's difficult enough to see a COMMON you want in the biomes...

If these are to lock a player for as much as min 2 days then I can't imagine people being so eager to grab them if they had barely any chance of it being worth it... This sunds liek dooming the regular Caves for even more blockage...

Edited by VixenDra

Honestly, this reminds me of the foggy biome request where you could pick any egg, but you wouldn't know what it was until you picked it up. And I like little chance games like that, so I can support this.

Though, I don't think you should be able to get holiday dragons out of season. The eggs aren't there because the dragons aren't producing eggs.

I like the idea of a "lotto" biome of some variety, personally. No need for a BSA or entirely new sprites for every egg, just have an overlay and it should be fine (or just have a muddy egg sprite that doesn't wear off, which is also fine). I wouldn't even mind if they were mostly commons because there's no way to tell what the egg is before you grab it, so it's not like any one person is at a severe disadvantage when hunting.

e: For reference, I almost exclusively Wonder Trade in Pokemon when I trade, and that's basically a game of "what WonderTrash will I get for my nice things". It's just part of the fun to have a few duds.

I do agree that it probably shouldn't have holidays out of season, though.

Edited by Guillotine

Hmm, an extra (and very dark) "cave" biome (where you cannot tell what an egg looks like) might be ideal. So, even if you get a common, it has "cave" as its biome designation.

Just another idea. wink.gif

ETA: Just in case you think that anybody would bring a torch or other source of light with them when hunting the cave - the flavor text could state that you only stumble upon the eggs after your light went out.

Edited by olympe

Hmm, an extra (and very dark) "cave" biome (where you cannot tell what an egg looks like) might be ideal. So, even if you get a common, it has "cave" as its biome designation.

Just another idea. wink.gif

ETA: Just in case you think that anybody would bring a torch or other source of light with them when hunting the cave - the flavor text could state that you only stumble upon the eggs after your light went out.

Or maybe since there is a darkness element (which makes little sense, kind like having a dryness element) maybe it could be a magical impenetrable darkness.

Or they could just say that bringing a torch would be dangerously stupid considering that the cave is filled with dragons, light tends to draw attention in the dark and attention from a cave filled with mother dragons, mother dragons that you are stealing EGGS from no less, would probably result in a gruesome death.

Edited by blockEdragon

Lol Crunchy and good with ketchup comes to mind if you dared attract a wild dragons attention. So funny. I love the different ideas. I wish I had thought of them. To me some of these ideas seem fairly easy to Incorporated using the existing game structure. Of course I have no idea if that is true since I have trouble programming a TV. I

Many good comments. Honestly one of the reasons I did not fully flesh out the idea was I expected that people who have played much longer and harder than I would have a better understanding of how such things could be done.

Please just keep the OP updated as the idea evolves. You got a lot of critique on the idea, but none of this is reflected in the old/current OP. ^^

I hope you don't mean cash money. NO WAY.

Oh heck no to real money, money was loosely tied to the time spent on playing or accessing the site.

Sorry but what is OP? I haven't been typing too much. My laptop keyboard is broken and I need to replace it.

OP in this case means original post. So Socky is asking that you keep the first post, where you outlined the idea, updated with the idea as it develops in the thread.

OK Thanks. As soon as I get new keyboard I will update it. smile.gif My 1 finger typing is way too slow and I am too old to learn to text properly. I