purpledragonclaw

The Congrats Thread, V6

Phew, got everything hatched in time for Halloween and I might even have most of my hatchies grow up before the floodgates open. :D

The person responsible for getting me into dragcave (with a link to a lovely water dragon) had been inactive for a time.  I noticed in early Sept that she was about 225 dragons away from platinum trophy.  Could I do it? Yes!  With help from two friends, who scoured the AP along with me, and hunted the cave, we made great progress in getting her up to 2 pairs of everything we could.  Some lucky trading for CB hatchies also helped tremendously.  So to all who helped intentionally or no, we made it with time to spare.  And I can go back to my regularly scheduled program.

Edited by Imzadi

This year was my first time actually preparing for Halloween, and I'm proud to say that it went really well! I stocked up on BSAs, found mates for almost all of my 2G Halloweens, and all of my slots will be empty by the time breeding starts. I'm confident that I'll be able to complete all of my IOUs and even find some pretty things for myself :D

I finished writing the list of things I need to catch, breed, or trade for during Halloween breeding. Usually I keep a running list from year to year for each holiday with everything I want on it, but all three lists were lost in a computer issue earlier this year and I had to remake them from scratch. I put it off till the last minute because I was dreading it so much, but it's done now! Just in time, with less than a day (probably) to spare!

Braved the CB Halloween snipe fest and walked away with some CB Marrows and Pumpkins. I missed out on them the first time around, so this is exceedingly satisfying both to myself and my perfectionism - especially in regard to the Marrows. My CB Halloween collection is complete.

Edited by Miral

My friend just caught a CB Desipis in the AP.  I thought it was a hilarious bug until I came here.  Now I;m glad I left a slot open to hunt; I want a CB old Halloween too!

Edit: That's what I get for not reading the news post.

Edited by Gryphonic

I caught a CB Black Marrow!!!

Make that 2 CB Black Marrow AND a pumpkin!

And a Caligene! (I'm locked now sadly!)

Edited by Speedyheart

I got 2 Marrows and 2 Shadow Walkers! So happy cuz I missed them the first time! I still haven't got a pumpkin, but here's hoping it will happen. I somehow grabbed a CB Ice while checking around the cave a few times. Guess no one wants the normal non-halloween eggs now.

I caught 2 CB Shadow Walkers (so that I have 4 in the end (have 2 originals))

I also caught 3 CB Marrows and 3 CB Pumpkins, so I only need to catch 1 more of each tomorrow to reach my Scroll goal of 4,

tomorrow I´ll also start to breed the Halloween eggs I need for lineages =) a nice Halloween so far =)

I've arranged trades/caught a pair of CBs for every breed I'm missing. As soon as I find another Shadow Walker and two more Marrows, I'll have two pairs of each! I've also had enough luck to be able to gift a pair of CB Pumpkins, a pair of CB Caligenes, and a few other CBs to people who needed them. I really love this event :D

Found a cb marrow in the AP :V

Considering I gave away at least 16 CBs of SW, lurkers, graves, desipis and witchlights from the ap yesterday, I think I deserve it :P

I have 2 of every CB Halloween I missed, apart from Black Marrows. I will collect those tomorrow. I want at least 4 more CB Desipis and 4 more CB Graves before I quit collecting them.

I got 4 CB Witchlights, 1 CB Black Marrow, 6 CB Shadow Walkers. Plan on getting another CB Black Marrow when I can abandon the Grave that I accidentally picked up. And one of my Shadow Walkers has a code that looks as if a dyslexic person was trying to write the f bomb...lol

Late last night I reached my scroll-goal of 20 Graves!! Well, I accidentally picked up a 21st, but won't abandon it. This is only my 2nd Halloween breed to hit my scroll-goals with (I have 27 Shadow Walkers, as of last year). Also, I got two CB Pumpkins, which I'm *very* excited about because stupid-newbie-me froze the only CB Pumpkin I got when they originally dropped. Making up for past mistakes is awesome!

Caught another pair of CB Marrows and balanced out my CB SW gender ratio. Also, I planned my trading schedule so well that any egg slots not filled by prearranged transactions are free to be devoted to CB Marrows for the rest of the week. (Until Halloween proper, at least.)

I was poking through the AP to try to get some nice lineages, but instead I picked up 2 CB caligenes that are 12 hours from hatching!

As a z-code collector, I am always itching to get z-codes of Holidays. I am only missing a z-code Black Marrow and z-code Cavern Lurker now. I am happy about that. =3

I finally got all of my Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine dragons separated into their own groups. (I've been meaning to do that for ease of access, but only just now got around to it.)