purpledragonclaw

The Congrats Thread, V6

6 hours ago, Varislapsi said:

I just found the perfect mate for my CB snow angel's descendant on the abandoned page! The mother even has the right wing colour! I have only one pairing for most of my dragons and as I'm not that active breeder I rarely search for mates to proceed beyond 2nd gens. This was a very happy coincidence, thank you @perzephone. :)

You're very welcome! I hope you get a good pairing from them :D

Oh - caught myself a cheese! Haven't actually caught one in a while, don't cavehunt much, but I was looking for the new ones ^^;

Woah, nice @blockEdragon! I'd never have the patience for that, lol.

In the last week or so I have hit my scroll-goals with Aeons, Carmines, Coastal Waverunners, Fever Wyverns, Frostbites, and Seragammas! *dances* .... Although that means that nearly all commons are done, so going forward won't be quite so easy.

22 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Woah, nice @blockEdragon! I'd never have the patience for that, lol.

Neither would I, I didn't breed it all, I got the first one in a trade offer a long time ago (if I remember correctly) and the mate due to some serious kindness on Lilly's part. I just wanted to pair them to see what it would look like, I know it's basically like dotting the eyes on the Mona Lisa after being given the paint by two other people but i'm still super satisfied with the result.

My CB tinsel gave me a shiny to mate with something I caught during Christmas. First try! Now to build a lovely bronze/garland checker ❤️

Hanging around the Cave looking for Blancblack's (as a lot of us still are) when I notice.....  "This egg is very reflective, almost metallic-looking." 

I stare at it for a while (a good couple of seconds..) Eventually Click on it when it finally sinks in to what I am seeing - and fully expecting the "Someone else.." message but NO.. the FIRST CB Gold I've even seen in the Cave for many many months - and I got it.  I was shocked - to say the least. 

Have 2 4G PB Blusangs, breed a third, now it needs a mate, hmmm, happen to have a few CBs, enough of them (the first four pairs I tried!) made eggs for two 3Gs to breed another 4G, so one day I can go to 6G!

Somehow caught two CB Blancbacks yesterday and a third this morning. 2 of them pre-cog'd male and female. Didn't bother pre-cog'ing the last one. I can't believe I managed to grab three of them so easily. These usually vanish so fast. Two from Desert and one from Forest. 

...sadly, I don't NEED Blancbacks, so hoping to be able to trade them for some CB Black Tea or CB Monarch hatchies. 

I LOVE my Monarch/Black Tea lineage so far. I can't wait til it gets longer! Too bad no one else is breeding anything like this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/PyiQ4. I'm so glad the parents didn't refuse!

@Suzumiya Can I interest you in a handful of 2nd gens?

I finally managed to breed myself that 4th gen Silver for an Arsani I acquired last year :D

1 hour ago, Ruby Eyes said:

@Suzumiya Can I interest you in a handful of 2nd gens?

I finally managed to breed myself that 4th gen Silver for an Arsani I acquired last year :D

Oooh, yes! I'd love 2G babies for that lineage! 

On topic, caught 3 more Blancbacks today. I don't even like these, but at least they trade okay still.

Now that's she's grown
Finally got my first CB gold still sad I haven't been able to catch one and had to buy from market but so happy to actually have a gold :D  (though I'm broke now lol)

Also finally hit 5G for my lineage project ❤️ 
Now to slowly make my way towards 6G

Edited by Mochi

Just got another Red Dorsal from the cave. I have insanely GOOD luck when it comes to them. This is my 3rd Red Dorsal. My first 2 were males, I influenced this one to be a female so I can breed them and trade some good 2G Purebred Red Dorsals around :)

8 hours ago, beyond-his-limit said:

It finally happened. After thirty-five plus breedings, I finally got A PRETTY SILVER from this pairing! FINALLY IT ONLY TOOK LIKE TWO YEARS IT FEELS LIKE haha.

Congrats!  I feel your pain - got my Aeon from a Sapphire finally a couple weeks ago after 15 breedings, but trying 3 other pairs at the same time!  Multiply those tries by 4, that's 60 breedings, not counting the ones that gave no egg.  Why do we put ourselves though this torture?!  It's like enjoying being smacked by fish - fighting0059.gif

Got 5 neglected successes in the past week and raffled off 3 of them in the DC Discord server :y

Also finished off one lineage and am on the final step to finishing off a second one that took way too long for being a 4th gen.