purpledragonclaw

Great Lineages Found in the AP

Round three...

2g wrapping-wing with dorsal, though mum's name doesn't bode well: https://dragcave.net/lineage/6e3U3 thanks, @Tish

3g aegis stair with lunar heralds. Gonna do an alternating thing next year: https://dragcave.net/lineage/hznzf thanks, anonymous

4g solstice stair with falconiform wyverns. Another alternating one: https://dragcave.net/lineage/OOWzl thanks, @FoxxieKittsune

2g holly with leodon: https://dragcave.net/lineage/qDSyK thanks, Empoleon4070

And a starsinger. Missed the cutoff before picking up a second egg, so thank you all for grabbing and abandoning. :) 

20 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

3g aegis stair with lunar heralds. Gonna do an alternating thing next year: https://dragcave.net/lineage/hznzf thanks, anonymous

Caught a sibling! I've been hunting for checkers but this one caught my attention!

I had lots of CBs to catch this year (I managed to grab everything I needed though, so yay) so I couldn't hunt the AP as much as I would've liked, but here are some of my lucky hits!

This beautiful 4g Holly. Look at the base! I first I only saw the SA but then I thought... "Hey! CB Holly are not supposed to be female!". Thanks @Natayah!

This lovely 4g Yulebuck x Ember with SA on the base! Thanks @Stafyre. 

This Snow Angel x Bronze Tinsel. Not mine anyome! ❤️ 

This cute 2g RD x Red Gemshard. I quite love the pair, I might work on it next year! Thanks @SheridanCharon!

This awesome 4g Wrapping Wings x Green dragon. If I'm able to find a mate for this one, I might continue this in 2019 :P Thanks anon!

This 2g Solstice x Aether. Anything with an Aether is a win in my book! Thanks @Mespritluvr!

This 2g Solstice x Purple Floret. Love the pair! Thanks anon!

This 3g Mistletoe x Kingcrowne. I bred a 2g before breeding season ended just so I could continue this lovely, lovely color combination! Thanks anon!

This 2g Mistletoe x Silver. I hope my own CB Silver will give me mate before next year! Thanks @cbussiere!

These beautiful 2g Aegis x Aether and bis. I'm in love.  I'm soooo gonna make a checker out of them. Thanks anon and @Shvengal!

This 2g Aegis x Silver. It's gonna be hard to find a mate but I'll try! Thanks anon!

This 2g Aegis x GoN. Thanks anon! 

This lovely 3g Aegis x Frostbite. I love the pairing! Thanks anon! 

This 2g Snow x Bronze Lunar Herald, which is a pair I wanted to breed myself! Thanks @Kigyptnee!

This 2g Snow x Royal Crimson. Thnks anon! 

This 2g Snow x Boreal. They look great together, thanks anon!

And so many lovely 2g Garlands!

With a Frilled dragon: lovely! Thanks @AngelsPunishment!

Garland x Gold dragon. Thanks @arula!

Garland x Sunsong. For some reason I really like it. Thanks @umbreonstarlight!

Garland x Antarean; I thought the contrast was cool. Thanks @Happy-Smiley!

Garland x Thalassa: I liked the near mirroring positions! Thanks @PrincessLucy!

Garland x Silver. Thanks @May-Lynn!

Garland x Floral-Crowned: one of my favorite Christmas breeds with my favorite Valentine? Count me in!! I already have a Halloween x Floral-Crowned going on, so that's two lineages that will require patience :P Thanks anon! 

Thanks to everyone who bred their dragons ❤️ I hope I'll be in time to catch some more!

Edited by relaks

8 minutes ago, relaks said:

This 3g Mistletoe x Kingcrowne. I bred a 2g before breeding season ended just so I could continue this lovely, lovely color combination! Thanks anon!

You're welcome :).

My thanks to everyone for these guys -

4G Holly x Neotropical - stairstep from Santa :o!  Thanx @natli

2G Holly from Winter - thanks to you anon, was hoping for one of these.

2G Yulebuck from Frill - Love the combo, @lamel, thanks!

4G White-Winged Snow Angel x White checker -THANKS @pinkgothic!!!  Just what I needed for my lineage!

4G Wrapping Wing x Gold checker - Thanks to @Singalana for another 'just what I needed for my lineage'.

3G Rosy-wing Solstice x Caligene w/double Spriter's Alts! - THANK YOU, anon, I love her!!!

4G Mistletoe x Silver - Thanks, anon!  Forgot I was planning to keep my own 4G of this pairing & dumped all the offspring into the AP, so finding this unrelated one was extremely helpful!

4G Pacified Aegis x Gold - THANKS, ANON!!!  Really, REALLY needed this unrelated-to-my-own pair, I didn't even know how much until later, & was so happy to have kept it!

2G Snow from Black-capped Teimarr - Was gonna breed my own, but then I caught this baby!  Thanks for reading my mind, @Syiren

2G Garland from Gaia - a beautiful pairing!  Thanks, anon!

2G Garland from Gaia - another & still just as beautiful, so thanks @little-lark

2G Garland from Floral-crowned - Also a beautiful pair!  Thanks anon!

2G Garland from Floral-crowned - Liked it so nice, I got it twice :lol:.  Thanks, anon!

2G Garland from Gold Floret - Pretty baby! Thank you for my only Garland offspring without a green/ish mate , @knifesmile

More when they grow up B).

2 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

4G White-Winged Snow Angel x White checker -THANKS @pinkgothic!!!  Just what I needed for my lineage!

Awesome! I bred some things to the AP that I thought might help other people with their lines this year, so I'm super delighted to see that worked out! ❤️

My thanks this year comes from these catches:

• Shattered Clock - thank you so much, NiramiTheRaven196! For some reason I caught this beauty as a hatchling. I don't usually manage to catch hatchlings. I don't usually manage to catch Saltkin. So this is a super Salty delight. ❤️ Now I need to figure out what to pair it with - falconiform, maybe, or green nebula, or sapphire, or chrono... :D

I haven't learnt from past years, so the 2G winter magi brigade comes a-marchin' here:

• Snowflake Heart, 2G winter magi from arsani, and all-lowercase code!!! ❤️_❤️ Thank you, ChaoX-Girl! I have no idea why I didn't have one of these yet, I am as arsani obsessed as I am winter magi obsessed. I guess I was just always doing something else. XD Thanks for forcing my hand!
  • Winter's Parrot, 2G winter magi from arcana. It's been said before, but this is a gorgeous combo! @_@ Thank you, @natli!
  • Scent of Conifers, 2G winter magi from frill. Thank you, @Dreulchen! I alaso managed to catch Frilling Winter, a 3G winter magi from frill (thank you, anonymous! ❤️), so I already have a future mate for his offspring. Awesome!
  • Cavernous Snowflake, 2G winter magi from cavern lurker. This is admittedly nothing I would have bred on my own, but definitely being continued - thank you, anonymous! I can evidently never have too many winter magi...
  • Rich Bounty, 2G winter magi from terra. What a beauty! I love the way the soft colour complements the bright winter magi colours. Thank you, anonymous!
  • Sky of Frost, 2G winter magi from blue nebula. I mean, I've got a 2G from red nebula, I might as well complete that set. XD Thank you very much, @Ashtoret!
  • Friendly Colours, 2G winter magi from aria. Bright, so very bright! I'm loving it! Thank you, anonymous!
  • Stained Leaves, 2G winter magi from floret - the comparatively muted colours of the floret make for something of an understatement, but I think it looks really dashing together! Thank you, anonymous!
  • Bleached Polish, 2G winter magi from white - believe it or not, I didn't have one of these yet, despite whites being such a classic combo with event dragons! Thank you, anonymous!
  • Thunderous Blizzard, 2G winter magi from thunder. I don't usually like thunders, but they sure look good with winter magi! ...okay, almost everything looks good with winter magi. XD Thank you, @MinervaTree! And...
  • Tattered Mantle, another 2G winter magi from thunder. Looks like I'll be able to take this up to 4G in future! ❤️ Thank you, anonymous!

Other beauties (see, I tried very hard to pick up things that were not winter magi this year!):

• Zelmaeh, 2G snow from gaia xenowyrm. What a beautiful combination! Thank you, @Claudii!
  • Gilded Mist, 2G snow from garland. Ouff, holiday x holiday lines are so painful - but I just couldn't toss this back, it's an all-lowercase code! Thank you very much, anonymous!
  • Swift Snowfall, 2G snow from floret. Shockingly good combo! Thank you, @wherebeedadragons! As it were, I also nabbed...
  • Barren Trees, another 2G snow from floret! Despite the similar names, this is from a completely different scroll! Thank you, anonymous!
  • Negative Temperature (how was this name not taken yet?!), 2G enrAegis from floret. In the past years I was always pretty sure I'd never try to have any enrAegis lines. This changed my mind (thank you, @Lurhstaap!), so I went and caught another:
  • Siberian Fury, 2G enrAegis from ember. Welp, finally found a thing embers look good with! ^_^ Thank you, Aksel! I'm going to have to enrage these guys ASAP and trade for some mates!
  • Jingling Cane, 3G Yulebuck from an aria checker. Sweet! I can build this boi a mate! Thank you so much, anonymous! ❤️
  • Festive Cosmos, 3G winter magi (OK, OK!) from a red nebula checker, and we already established I can make this boi a mate earlier. ❤️ Thank you so much, anonymous!
  • Rimeglitter, 3G winter magi (shhhh!) from a bright-breasted wyvern checker, also just having to wait a little while for a mate. ^_^ Thank you so much, @sfts!
  • Hawk Seraph, 4G snow angel from a white checker. As Sunrunner knows, I can breed this girl a mate. So excited! :D Thank you, anonymous!
  • Verum Kirkton, 4G winter magi (shhHHSHSHH!) from gold checker; a complete headache, unrelated to Winter Sin and Buttered Frost that I'm now scramling to prepare for future years. Sigh. ❤️ My vices and weaknesses... thank you very much, @Nakeisha!
  • Softened Whites, 4G winter magi (shuuush shh shh >_<) x white quasi-arc, garnished with Christmassy Salts (winter magi ❤️ and solstice)! Beautiful! I've got my sights on a potential mate already... now I just need to figure out which kidney I'm going to have to sell to get it. Thank you, anonymous!
  • Athechelt, 4G aegis from... whoah. I mean, just... whoah. Immortal Jecht is in there, but this is stylish as hell. I have no idea how to continue this (I don't even have any CB enrAegides, hah!), but I could just not bring myself to toss this beauty back. Thank you very, very much, anonymous!

Honourable mentions:

• Restrained Memory, 3G winter magi from a ribbon dancer checker. Thanks, MYSELF. :P No thanks for freaking out about it back when you bred this bad boi. (Yes, I caught this from the AP!)
  • Crinkling Sound, 3G ribbon dancer from a winter magi checker. What's that, it's unrelated to the previous lineage? What's that, it's also bred by pinkgothic? What a coincidence! Is that my name? Why, yes it is. Did I catch this in the AP? Yes, I did. Was I freaking out about it back when I bred these bois? You bet I was. No thanks for the stress, me. XD

There might be some more later, depending on how trades pan out and/or how long the wall lasts! We'll see what happens. Thanks everyone! I had a great time!

6 hours ago, Dirtytabs said:

Round three...

2g wrapping-wing with dorsal, though mum's name doesn't bode well: https://dragcave.net/lineage/6e3U3 thanks, @Tish

4g solstice stair with falconiform wyverns. Another alternating one: https://dragcave.net/lineage/OOWzl thanks, @FoxxieKittsune

2g holly with leodon: https://dragcave.net/lineage/qDSyK thanks, Empoleon4070

And a starsinger. Missed the cutoff before picking up a second egg, so thank you all for grabbing and abandoning. :) 

You're welcome, it's part of my Zombie project so I will attempt to kill the Dorsal later on (during halloween) I hope that's not off putting ^_^

1 hour ago, Tish said:

You're welcome, it's part of my Zombie project so I will attempt to kill the Dorsal later on (during halloween) I hope that's not off putting ^_^

Not at all! With luck, he'll join a holiday zombie lineage. :)  

2 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

My thanks this year comes from these catches:

• Shattered Clock - thank you so much, NiramiTheRaven196! For some reason I caught this beauty as a hatchling. I don't usually manage to catch hatchlings. I don't usually manage to catch Saltkin. So this is a super Salty delight. ❤️ Now I need to figure out what to pair it with - falconiform, maybe, or green nebula, or sapphire, or chrono... :D

@Malcorium will surely be glad to hear of your lucky catch ^_^ Congrats!

8 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

2G Snow from Black-capped Teimarr - Was gonna breed my own, but then I caught this baby!  Thanks for reading my mind, @Syiren

You're welcome. I'm glad it found such a good home. You have someone I owed an IOU to for that one. I was going to breed Nippy with my CB gold otherwise, or one of my Frills. :D

Thank you to the anon who bred the 2G Garland x Black Marrow. I bred one of my own, and needed a second one, and grabbed it by chance. Such a great surprise. :wub:

And thank you, Aleoleo for breeding this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Wv3LT That was one of my main goals was to find one of these and you made it possible. It was also the first Holiday egg I grabbed this event. Double bonus! :D

This and this were such lucky finds because I had a 2G heartseeker with the same lineage that I never thought I would get a mate for... :D

On 12/28/2018 at 3:10 AM, Astreya said:

4G Mistletoe x MGoN/Avatar: https://dragcave.net/lineage/gRxOf - thx @natli - again I just need to breed the Avatar mate as I got rid of my own 4G Mistletoe

13 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

4G Holly x Neotropical - stairstep from Santa :o!  Thanx @natli

9 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Winter's Parrot, 2G winter magi from arcana. It's been said before, but this is a gorgeous combo! @_@ Thank you, @natli!

Guys, you're welcome! I'm so happy when people post my dragons in this thread! :D

This year Spriter Alts lineages were raining down on me:

Even-Gens:

2nd gens:

I have found some real gems in the Abandoned Cave, but I think I like this one the best. For its colour and its names. Please @eleeveen I'd just love to know the rest of that sentence! :D

I can't really believe I found this 4th gen wrapping wings x red finned tidal in the AP

https://dragcave.net/lineage/TLdbD

Thank you polarvortex! :D💕

The incredible thing is that I'm actually able to breed an unrelated 4th gen red finned x wrapping wings but I never thought of continue the lineage thinking it would have been impossible to find a mate for it 😲

50 minutes ago, Justie said:

I have found some real gems in the Abandoned Cave, but I think I like this one the best. For its colour and its names. Please @eleeveen I'd just love to know the rest of that sentence! :D

Not eleeveen, but it ends "the holly wears the crown" from "The Holly and the Ivy" carol, one of the most blatantly pagan ones out there. It's a reference to the myth of the Oak King and the Holly King, who each rule half the year. Some versions have them conquer each other and trade off at the solstices, with the Oak King reigning over the increasing sunlight and the Holly King over the increasing darkness. Others have the switch happen at the equinoxes, with the Holly King ruling the "dark" half of the year while the Oak King rules the "light" half.

Anyway, here's my favorite finds:

https://dragcave.net/lineage/pmR7p

https://dragcave.net/lineage/QWHr8

https://dragcave.net/lineage/DZFak

https://dragcave.net/lineage/4bkGc

https://dragcave.net/lineage/fNpBe

Thank you, breeders, for dropping pretties that let me continue several lineages!

2 hours ago, Justie said:

Then you need to know that Eleeveen is @11th on the forum ^_^.

15 hours ago, natli said:

You're very welcome! ❤️ I'm delighted it paid off for at least one person that I decided to breed that silvery boi to the AP. :D

Now that the AP's been cleared of Christmas cheer, here's the rest of my haul:

• Whispered Omens, 2G snow from omen wyrm. I love omens, so this is a lovely combo! Sadly no parent names, but the code reminds me of my previous employer (Goodgame Studios), who I will always keep in good memory. ❤️ Thank you, anonymous!
  • Jalvaman, 2G winter magi from red. I saw a few 3G checkers of this sort whizz by this season and tossed each of them back, because I didn't want to commit my winter magi to next year already. XD But a 2G I can continue! And it's a gorgeous combo, made so much more gorgeous by the new red sprite. Thank you, @Kith!
  • Generous Sunshine, 2G winter magi from a liver of sulphur copper. Same phenomenon as with the red - kept putting back 3Gs of this. Definitely not saying no to a 2G, that's a beautiful combo! Thank you very much, @Princess Kiara!
  • These winter magis all helped me to reduce my ridiculous gold checker wants down to a single 4G, which might be a manageable request come next Christmas season. ❤️ Thank you so much, anonymous! (Or not so anonymous - probably @JaneMcAsh? Thanks either way! ❤️)

And three 2G snows that are currently getting abused as trade-fodder. I'll post those up here if I get to keep them (which will make me just as happy as the trade going through ❤️ because they're gorgeous).

Honourable mentions: Memory of Frost and Harvested Cheer from the DC Community Notice Board, which is almost like the AP... sort of...? ❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thanks for these beauties, @MadameZ and @HeartJacker13! No idea how to get former a mate (without pressganging trades out of my girlfriend, @Sethiss, anyway. XD Hi, honey, if you're reading this), but I'll figure something out. ❤️