AroaraAngelwolf

Wings OOC

Um... I appreciate that, but first, this is my rp, I'd like any changes or things as this SHOULD and MUST be brought passed me for evaluation before making it a thing.

Secondly HERBS ARE THE ONLY MEDICAL CARE ON THE GROUND all the fancy equipment is in the sky.

I completely understand, i didn't mean to 'take over' but I was thinking things could get complicated or someone would have something happen to their character they didn't want, ex amputation, paralysis, etc. I also wanted injury to be semi realistic. I also thought it was a bit funny, like filling out an insurance form, idk. If you want to edit it or remove it that's completely fine. I did get a bit carried away! Sorry sad.gif

Edit: Deleted it

Edited by mackerelmaster

questions, featuring doc, lu, and zor. Hopefully the copy-paste didn't mess up the formatting too badly.

-What’s the area of the sky cities? Is there large areas on the ground underneath the cities that are lifeless due to lack of sunlight?

-Comparatively, what are the populations of the sky and the ground?

-What kind of resources do the sky cities have? Water, agriculture, soil, rubber, metal, lumber, stone? Are these transported up from the ground, or are they present in the sky?

-It sounds like the skyling cities are man-made? In that case, they’d be relatively recent, in geographic terms. If there is sky agriculture, is it made difficult by the lack of plants that have evolved to survive at such high altitudes?

-Cloud cats. It’s mentioned that they hunt in the air- do they hunt birds? What pressured them to become so much larger than their prey, in that case?

-How much contact between skylings and groundlings is there? Is it mostly one way (banished skylings taking information to the ground) or is there a lot of back-and-forth?

-Why do the Dark Wings even want to live in the sky cities? Is it just a ‘take back what should be ours’ thing? Does the sky have things that the ground doesn’t (resource-wise - cities and infrastructure can be built)?

-How do most groundlings feel about the skylings? Do they hate them? Feel jealous? Awe? Anger? Do they care about them at all?

-What’s the weaponry like on both the ground and the sky? Are there any wars with outside nations that would lead to the development of a large military, or are the knights for domestic peacekeeping only?

-Do the groundlings have access to enough airships to launch a large-scale invasion?

-The way I picture it, there are multiple skyling cities held aloft on their own ‘islands’. Is this accurate? If so, how much communication is there between cities? Do different cities have different economic specialties? Are there tensions between different cities? Could infighting be sparked?

- If the skylings and groundlings are separated by social classes of nobles and peasants, are lords, barons, and etc a thing?

- From my knowledge, people transverse between the skyling and groundling cities via airships. Can groundlings afford to get on these airships or is this reserved for the upper class/those who can pay a fee?

social structure notes by lu, a communist™

governmental system of the skylings ???? absolute monarchy ????

social structure ???? like ,, is it > king > nobles > peasants. who are the peasants

groundling social structure ??? is there a ruler of the groundlings or are they all just anarchists. wait. how were towns even formed

who are the authoritative people in the groundling world

is capital punishment a thing

some older day cities used to have special punishments depending on the crime committed. is this the case do they cut hands off thieves is ciel missing a hand

how’s the trading between skylings/groundlings like are there special traders who move between both worlds

~*skyling royal family*~ (oooo)

whats their current status? is there a main branch of royalty who are the monarchs and then separate family-related branches?

line of succession?

arranged marriages? the possibility of nobles wanting arrange marriages between the royal family + their own heirs is pretty possible

Why does the king care about Simon, who likely won’t be accepted as a king by the skylings and doesn’t know how to rule? Why doesn’t he just marry another wife or half-dozen to produce a new heir?

dark wings ???

so is this like. are they radical revolutionaries or terrorist anarchists

liberte egalite fraternite

rapide

nous devons écrire en francais

Medicine regarding groundlings

What’s the general understanding of sterilization and infection?

Are bandages, splints, stitches, and similar objects in existence? (This doesn’t apply to instruments that are improvised as medical tools since that would probably happen no matter what)

What’s the medical standard in terms of medical procedure and knowledge needed by professional doctors?

Are there any medical techniques that the groundlings developed but have not necessarily reached high society? (Such as early vaccinations in the form of rubbing scabs on open wounds to prevent diseases which happened in the real world)

Is there a difference in diseases between skylings and groundlings? If so, what sort of major diseases would groundlings be immune to that skylings might have trouble with and vice versa?

Edited by Backup77

-What’s the area of the sky cities?

Think of the floating mountains of Pandora in the movie Avatar. They are very large.

Are there large areas on the ground underneath the cities that are lifeless due to lack of sunlight?

No, because the cities move constantly. This is to ensure that no one area is shrouded in darkness for more than a day.

-What kind of resources do the sky cities have? Water, agriculture, soil, rubber, metal, lumber, stone? Are these transported up from the ground, or are they present in the sky?

They have water and soil. A special device converts the moisture in the air to clean water and on a couple cities there’s even waterfalls. Although HOW they got there is a mystery. Everything else is mined or gathered on the ground before being transported up to the cities.

-It sounds like the skyling cities are man-made? In that case, they’d be relatively recent, in geographic terms. If there is sky agriculture, is it made difficult by the lack of plants that have evolved to survive at such high altitudes?

The cities ARE man made however NOT RECENT these cities are ancient from their architecture to the generators. At one time these “cities” were small, and yes they did do farming on them. They grew things that could be at high altitudes (however this isn't at boing 747 height, more like the tallest building in dubai height from the ground. ) Like rice, potatoes and other ground growing things, trees were kept in climate controlled greenhouses. As the population grew, like any city, the farming fields were pushed to the edge until they only existed on a smaller island although it produces very little produce now and most are gathered from the ground. The oldest buildings are the palace and the temples of the gods and goddesses and in the central province or “Inner wall” the newer ones are on the outside more like the suburbs for wealthy merchants who bought their way to the city.

-Cloud cats. It’s mentioned that they hunt in the air- do they hunt birds? What pressured them to become so much larger than their prey, in that case?

Cloud cats do not just hunt birds. Like the falcon or eagle they have many different food sources. Things like rabbits, varmints, mice, rats, snakes, fish, tarantulas, Dracon eggs, turtles to sword wolf pups, sheep small cattle, goats and some pets are on their diet. They are Apex predators and would even eat carcasis if in need. They also eat specific leaves and branches from trees that grow in the mountains that acts like cat nip to them and helps with digestion.

-How much contact between skylings and groundlings is there? Is it mostly one way (banished skylings taking information to the ground) or is there a lot of back-and-forth?

Back and forth. There’s soldiers to keep the peace on the ground there has to be some message system to give them orders. These people have families in the sky and would like to keep in touch with them. They send letters or orders Via Dragons or cloud cats. There’s also falcons. Messages can be sent at an outpost however messages to and from the city to the ground are often a gold pence a peice so the average Groundling can’t afford this

-Why do the Dark Wings even want to live in the sky cities? Is it just a ‘take back what should be ours’ thing? Does the sky have things that the ground doesn’t (resource-wise - cities and infrastructure can be built)?

This is going to be a long one. It isn’t that theres resources that the ground does not have. It’s more or less a symbol of their religion, their past and their ancestral home.

Thousands upon thousands of years ago, back when the world of Avi was born from Time and Darkness. One of the two entities, Time, created the gods Hemar, Ahva and Atmir. The Avi peoples were created by Himar, the Avians lived on the ground. There were no floating cities. They were one, Nobody was wingless, everyone was kind and generous to each other. There was no evil in the world and no Rift between the Avians. Everyone possessed a little bit of magic and used this to make the daily tasks a little easier to bear.

Then Darkness, spurned by Times beloved gods birthed the gods of armies, death and the moon, Ewna, Zerrtha, and Tirdal. With the coming of these gods, More avians were created from shadow and darkness with twisted wings and features. These were called Dark Wings for their affinity with shadow and death. They were not like the avians, and constantly fought them, messing with their minds and making brother fight brother. This is where the Rift started to form.

After five hundred years of this, Himar coupled with one of Zerrtha’s priestess and she gave birth to Yaktu who’s wings were unlike any other. Like the Dark Wings, they appeared to be made of glass, however instead of holding colors of gray white and all sharp angles, they were shaped like wings, rounded, bright and colorful. When Yaktu grew into a young man, he lead the First Great Battle against the Dark Wings. Afterwards, to get away from the remaining Dark Wings and prevent further fighting, he created the Sky Cities Using technology and magic that is now lost in the Storm where the Library City (one of the six cities holding ancient records) was struck by lightning, crashed to the ground and burned. Yaktu’s line was set to become a leader of the people and this became the line of Kings. They still had their magic at this point for the avians were not against each other.

Five hundred years prior to this role play, there was another Great war, that once again tore a Rift however this was in between the Avi peoples. A group of avi revolted because of their current king (at the time) was very strict and cruel. It was at this time a Priest of Hemar and Zerrtha both shared a vision. The dark wings will rise again and Yaktu will be reborn to stop this uprising, bringing peace and and magic back to the avians. After the revolting Avi lost the Great Rift battle, the king ordered that they be cast out of the sky as the ultimate punishment.

These new dark wings are trying to return to the sky in revenge and to rip the Rift further between the Avi people.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I remembered two things about Dragonfly wings.

1. They reflect light at certain angles so - rainbow wings!

2. They are very easily damaged so - Janine is a crippled babe. Her wings are torn/tattered way too much for successful flight. (She's afraid of heights so it doesn't matter anyways.)

Just to mention a heads up: I'll be gone 3/3 & 3/4; going out of state for a family obligation. I may or may not be able to pop into chat but I definitely won't be able to make any posts.

Username: monoply12345

Name:Harold Denver

Ground or Sky: Ground

Class/occupation: Butcher, though this is just a cover up for his true trade, being a Spy.

Dark Wing supporter: Yes

Appearance: Harold is a lanky, taller avian who stands at around 6'3" and weighs about 170 pounds. He's darker skinned with chocolate colored eyes and skinny, sunken face. He has very short hair that's normally covered by a hat or hood. He has large, drab colored bat wings, that many have remarked as dirty.

Personality: Harold is a seclusive, emotionless person, who doesn't show his feelings very well. He's normally very sarcastic and bland, wishing for conversations to end quickly so he can go back to his thoughts. He dislikes annoying and loud people, preferring to be quiet and unknown, so he doesn't attract attention. Although Harold is mostly anti-social, he is manipulative, as he'll do what it takes to get his way, even if it will cost someone their life.

Wing appearance: Harold's wings are very large, and are that of a bat. They are colored a dirty drab color, with darker spots of brown scattered across the flesh. They span about 24 feet in length, and can be quiet impressive looking due to their mass.

History: Harold was born to oppressed parents who had a strong disliking to the sky avians, always envying there luxurious lifestyle and wanting it for themselves. Throughout his childhood Harold followed their footsteps, and he too became notorious for disliking those with higher privilege than him. Because of this Harold wasn't one for making many friends, and was very selective in his choosing. His dislike of others and his general goal to be as unknown as possible made much of Harold's past a blur.

Harold eventually found a trade in butchering meats, finding a liking to the quiet atmosphere that was only interrupted by the occasional chopping of flesh. Though many distrusted him for his unwillingness to talk much, ground avians still respected him, due to how fresh the meat he chopped was.

Eventually Harold found an opportunity for a change. He heard of an underground group forming, a group called the Dark Wing. Finding their goals extremely similar to him, Harold used his darker connections to find one of their people in command. After coming to an agreement, Harold was made a spy for the group, and would fly up to one of the major cities of the sky avians, where he'd pose as a his usual work of a butcher, but secretly be listening in on any of the secrets the sky army had to offer.

Skills: Quick, witty, stealthy, and skilled with blades.

War or peace: War, unless he is convinced otherwise.

I still expect people to post! I am still on at nights, though late and not for long because after my vacation If nobody still hasn't posted you will be on grey list and your characters listed as inactive. If one week after my return and STILL NO REPLY OR NOTICE FROM YOU You're characters WILL be listed as PERMANENTLY inactive! I will NOT let this die due to your inactivity. I DO NOT tolerate it any longer.

Mohalo, Aroara

Sorry, I've been really tired lately. Work is getting rather busy since spring break is approaching. If it helps, people can move on assuming that Janine is answering questions and working down the line of who appeared first for baked food.

Hey, AroaraAngelwolf, could you please not use so much terribly large font? It really strains the eyes and makes it hard to even see other posts in the thread. We typically save large font for titles - and even then, I rarely see a size that large used. Thanks! ^^

think ive said this already, but i'm currently travelling so i won't have time to reply.

besides, i thought we were all holding off on posting so the knights could reach the ground? otherwise, there's not much else to do.

While I understand the concern with inactivity, I can't actually post. The person my character has spoken to hasn't replied and although other characters in the vicinity have moved and spoken, they are simply reacting to something my character has already reacted to. There is quite literally nothing for me to post at the moment.

I can try talking to Narvix about our character's interaction, but not everyone my character is interacting with can properly respond as they are on vacation just as you are. I think we may need to group up and discuss posting times since there are finals/ending of the quarter going on for some people (and I'll be mostly unavailable for a good portion of next week because of family reaasons).

@ Lu- you have let me know before hand, and this is for after my return. Let me know about your return and you'll be fine. I will be busy for another week. This isn't until one or two weeks after my return

Felix plays the knights,I'll message them let them know I'm waiting for them, however I am in Hawaii, and on vacation, so time is limited with all the fun in the sun.

Again, inactivity is excused for this week and next two weeks (probably need it for recovery) but any weeks after the initial three are tipsy unless I'm notified .

EDIT:

new banners! Thank you Pryanka for making it! check out first page and click on it to

go to IC and click on the IC one to go to the OOC

I'm so sorry. >.< Had some rough times, life things happened, busy with school... should be doing all well and be able to post soon-ish, I hope!