AroaraAngelwolf

Wings OOC

What I posted still fits within the 'three more characters' though? Even with Lil's promised second character. I don't really understand. You said you would be fine with me joining; I only needed to post my sheets.

EDIT: Also, is it really fair since Felixr has a large number of characters alone?

Edited by Narvix

oh man its okay actually, if my new character is going to prevent backup from joining i don't really need her that much! backup can go ahead and make a character instead!!

Yes, and I did. They are accepted. We already have almost sixteen characters (maybe more). I get confused very easily and switched around. That and I'll be in Hawaii in a couple weeks. I want this started before then and massive groups it's hard to get people to post in a timely manner.

Hmmmm... I guess not. I'm already getting a head ache, okay, hang on let me count the people who have joined already

Okay, backup you can join. No need to sacrifice players, eight people playing is quite enough don't you guys think?

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Thanks guys, I appreciate you offering to sacrifice your characters. Glad it didn't have to come to that, I wouldn't have wanted your charries to be cut out. Thanks for letting me in, Arorara; I'll go find his sheet/edit it in a minute.

Ah, however I neglected to say this before. There's no scientists on Avi. They use a magic and science combination that is alchemy, however alchemists are extremely rare, and very difficult for magic was lost to the avi peoples five hundred years prior after the Great War split the once unified people. He may study the mathematical and physical part of alchemy, however things will not work properly or would backfire without the use of magic.

For the sake of things being fair for everyone, I wouldn't mind dropping Liam and Eron for them to either be NPCs or just not exist. Making Flint an NPC would also be fine by me, if other people are willing to join, as long as I still get to play Nat and Lara. They're my favs. ^^

EDIT: Just saw your PM, Aroara. I guess I could let Nat be an NPC and play Flint if that works better for you.

Edited by Felixr2

Ahhh I was looking at this for a while and I got a character in the wings (pun intended)

No room for one more character (+1 npc?)

Ahhh I was looking at this for a while and I got a character in the wings (pun intended)

No room for one more character (+1 npc?)

MY SECOND LOVE YOU'RE ALSO HERE

Lilith and flint is my OTP Don't get rid of them! I got plans for Liam and Eron too. Well, Liam could still work as a NPC.

Okay, why the sudden interest? Felix was like... the very first to join (and asked me to reboot it)

This rp has been up since January 11th and NOW all the sudden everyone wants to join? What's with that?

Let's see your character mage. NPC's don't get sheets on the forum. Just describe that one the best you can

Lilith and flint is my OTP Don't get rid of them! I got plans for Liam and Eron too. Well, Liam could still work as a NPC.

Okay, why the sudden interest? Felix was like... the very first to join (and asked me to reboot it)

This rp has been up since January 11th and NOW all the sudden everyone wants to join? What's with that?

ahaha, that might be my fault

i was really into this rp & was rambling about it in a skype chat with the squad, my apologies. but i'm glad it's grown so much! plus it gives me an excuse to draw everyone's ocs <33

ahaha, that might be my fault

i was really into this rp & was rambling about it in a skype chat with the squad, my apologies. but i'm glad it's grown so much! plus it gives me an excuse to draw everyone's ocs <33

dry.gif should have known.... Skype doesn't like me. This will be our discussion post though. I see no reason to have another chat post when we have one here that we can discuss matters... Now if only I could get a three way pm with Felix and you Lu. We gots plans abruing!

Username: Tehultimatemage

Name: Adonis Beauregard

Ground or Sky: Sky

Class/occupation: Illusionist/Entertainer/Barkeep/Bard/Whatever you want me to be, baby

Dark Wing supporter: Not at the moment

Appearance: 5'9, golden hair brushed back and kind of spiky. His bangs are red in the front, and his irises are a deep brandy. His face is slender and abnormally beautiful as well as the rest of his pale body. He usually dresses however is appropriate for the occasion. Here's an old drawing

Personality: A player and a womanizer, Adonis' main motivation seems to be to charm the pants off of ladies. He is kind and caring up until the point he never needs to see you again, but his smooth words always manage to deflect the ill wills of others. Nevertheless to other men (and women who have broken through his spell), he is willing to lend aid to people out unless it is to the detriment of himself, and is a superb wingman if he deems it worthy to help you. Adonis loves to have a good time and drag other people into his antics as well.

Wing appearance: Adonis has the wings of a sun conure. His plumage starts red at his cover feathers, then turns bright yellow then a tropical green on the secondaries then blue at the tips. His wingspan is a little shorter but wider than average, at around 19 feet.

History: Even though he struts himself like a prince and has the appearance of a noble, Adonis was born distinctly middle class as a Skyling. He learned that he was phenomenally attractive and used that as leverage for his parent's bar and inn business, through which he made connections and met some noble girls. Of course, his sister got increasingly annoyed that he kept eloping and throwing away his responsibilities in favor of learning a few card tricks or ruffling skirts. So he just ran away one day and became a traveler with part of the earnings he made for the family business and other side jobs.

Skills: A skilled illusionist and a good singer. Adonis' charisma in unparalleled. And while more often than not he leaves a bitter taste and a trail of broken hearts, he has a large network of people he knows, some who owe him favors and others to which he weasels his way out of debt.

War or peace: Peace?

My NPC is his sister, whose still back working at the tavern but has a side job where she tries to study alchemy -- namely dyes and bleaches to artificially change wing color. She looks similar to him but significantly less stunning. Her hair is bright red and tied into a bun, while her wings are darker and more muddied ((#4 on this picture)

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Ah, however I neglected to say this before. There's no scientists on Avi. They use a magic and science combination that is alchemy, however alchemists are extremely rare, and very difficult for magic was lost to the avi peoples five hundred years prior after the Great War split the once unified people. He may study the mathematical and physical part of alchemy, however things will not work properly or would backfire without the use of magic.

I'm not quite sure understand what you're saying, sorry. When you say that there's no scientists, why would that be the case? Science is simply trying to find out how things work through experimentation, and would be necessary for the technology shown (like forging metal tools and armor).

Regardless, I don't envision him having much to do with alchemy or magic. I was thinking more mathematics, physics, anatomy, maybe some heredity- stuff focused around the variation and function of wings.

Anyway, here's my sheet; it's mostly just the old one with some slight edits.

Username: Backup77

Name: Vogel Avem

Ground or Sky: Ground

Class/occupation: Scientist (Physics, some biology)

Dark Wing supporter: He’d prefer to focus on his work, but he’d rather they win over the alternative.

Appearance: Vogel has straight, messy black hair that reaches slightly past his ears. His eyes are a deep brown, and switch between flickering around and staring off into space. His skin is light brown. He has a lithe build, and is 5’8”. It’s common for him to forget to wash splashes of ink off of his face or leave notes and doodles across his arms and hands.

Personality: Vogel shows an intent focus towards things that he is interested in, but is otherwise scatterbrained and disorganized. He frequently forgets to eat because he’s too busy researching. While he might not be completely apathetic to the world around him, it can seem that way when his only response to learning about a war is to worry about his books getting damaged. He often stares off into space mid-conversation, fidgeting with his feathers.

Wing appearance: Vogel’s wings are short and rounded, and his wingspan is fifteen feet. The feathers are white, with black edges, like a Sebright chicken’s. Out of habit, he keeps they carefully cleaned.

History: Vogel was born and educated as a skyling. He was particularly interested in everything about wings- how they developed, why there were so many different kinds, how Avians could fly when all mathematical models suggested that doing so should be impossible. Though the bright patterns on his wings gave him time, when he was seventeen he realized that he wasn’t safe in the sky. Without so much as a note, he packed up all of his books and equipment (as well as some stuff that wasn’t his) and jumped.

As he couldn’t fly properly and was weighed down, he hit the ground hard. Fortunately, he managed to avoid breaking any bones. There on the ground, he managed to find spare work as a scribe, and continued his research when he could.

Skills: Mathematics, physics, anatomy (wings, shoulder joints, upper torso), and wing genetics.

War or peace: Conflicted. War would be a disturbance, but an interesting one.

Sorry,but after mage, this is closed.

Remember,this is a steam punk, Victorian era role play. The term scientist itself isn't in the vocabulary just yet. In the dark ages, scientists were known as alchemists. They are basically the same thing. In this world it's a broad term for botany, biologist, mathmatishion, inventor and such. Physics is actually a major part in alchemy. (This lore is something similar to the Septemus Heep books by Angie sage.)

Username: Lilraaos

Name: Aerilaya Sylbalar

Ground or Sky: Sky

Class/occupation: Home bound daughter of an upper class noble

Dark Wing supporter: No

Appearance: Aery stands at 4'9 and weights about 70 pounds. She has long white hair and braids up the sides. Her eyes are big and an amber shade surrounded by long pale lashes. Her skin is extremely pale and she has a slender frame with soft white dainty feet and hands that are unused to hard labor of any kind. She always wears soft pastel colors and light airy dresses.

Personality:

An immensely curious individuals, Aery enjoys soaking up knowledge and learning new concepts. She loves a good story and finds puzzles and challenges rather fun but perhaps that is only because she is starved for entertainment. Aery is not particularly intelligent or bright but she makes up for it with dedication and an eagerness to learn. She has a very good memory and intentionally favors being through over speed.

While Aery is rather knowledgeable academic-wise, being locked up as only allowed her limited interaction with others and as a result she is rather naive while believing that she has some experience through the books she reads and the stories she hears. She is also credulously optimistic, believing that in the end everything wraps up neatly, that if stories don't have happy endings it is for a reason, that an answer will always be found and that people don't do bad things for no reason.

While Aery is very obedient to her father, the one thing that she continues to test his patience on is due to her exceedingly sympathetic trait to those who are helpless. She is patient and gentle towards such creatures and is always taking in unwanted strays (much to her father's chagrin).

While Aery seems calm and at peace with her life and the way it will play out, underneath is a girl who is secretly resentful of her father who keeps her so tightly bond. While she understands that others are worse off, she cannot squash the urge to take off although she is aware that she would not survive long by herself.

However she keeps most of her strongest feelings bottled up inside and plays that part of the grateful, dutiful daughter well.

Wing appearance: swan wings, pure white spanning 18 ft

History:

Born to a wealthy noble family, Aery didn't stand out much in her youth save for her slightly over sized wings. She was considered a very child though not remarkably handsome or talented in anyway. On her fifth year however, it was revealed that Aery had a disease that weakened her bones and as she slowly lost her ability to walk, she was also gradually shut off from the outside world by her father who would not be subjected to public embarrassment for producing a daughter who could not only walk, but couldn't fly.

Though her father lets her out to go to the library next door on Saturday nights (when everyone else is out partying), that is the only glimpse of the outside world that Aery is able to receive. She doesn't mind much and fills her days caring for the strays she takes in, reading, playing her instruments (for her animals) and listening to the stories of guests and servants at her home. (Though on the part of the guests, she usually hears them second-hand from a servant or they are unaware she is on the other side of the room.) However underneath that has been a longing to escape, experience everything the world has to offer if only for one night and it is an urge that Aery repeatedly crushes knowing how it will reflect on her family.

Skills: Aery has an impressive knowledge of geography (but that doesn't help her bad sense of direction much), she also plays the harp and piano, she can memorize remarkably well (though understanding is a bit different matter), and she knows a lot about the creatures of Avi, their characteristics, behaviors and anything else that can be found in books.

War or peace: Peace

Edited by Lilraaos

Accepted mage! Oh my he's beautiful! Vogal ok, simply change scientist to alchemy and your good. (Sorry I didn't see yours mage. Mornings without coffee......)

Oooh, I love Aery. She's accepted!

Victorian steam punk. Technically. No cars or phones, but for the ground people there's steam engines and water barges for those who are wingless and have to be transported or ship things to different places. For the cities, they have dirigibles as a taxi/ shipping system to one of four city parts.

Oh man, they look great!

Is that a large blue I spy on the Swan's beak?

(The smol injured owl as Ciel, I cry with it)

Edited by Narvix