AroaraAngelwolf

Wings OOC

Ah... well, I don't think many will spend time in the library, we have to many sky aviens and very few ground. Jamie was sweet, but I feel like you'd be left out with those characters. They aren't very strong or influential to the plot.

If you want to join you can, however I want everyone to be included into the overall plot.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Well, in the old thread, it was set up that my librarian and Elis were buddy-buddies, constantly interacting.

I honestly don't see how my characters need to be focused on the plot itself. Why not the other Avians?

Besides, you're the one with the special MC who doesn't seem to even notice he has rainbow wings and maybe that's kind of fishy as he's supposed to be a Groundling?

What's an MC? He's a Prince, the wings are part of the prophecy that is the plot. Yes I know, but I didn't exactly like that, because if things had started to get going, Elis would be getting ready for battle, skylings would've gone into a mass panic and soldiers would have invaded the ground city burning shops to flush out the Dark Wings.

I don't like it when I do not feel included in a rp, so I try to include everyone in mine.

MC = Main Character...

There's... So many more types of characters than just soldiers and princes though? That's why several of us created non-soldier types? I get that my characters can't 'fly into battle with brandished swords' if stuff go down. However, with them, I can bring out a more rounded universe. Jamie can pick up a frying pan to defend herself. My librarian can bring out some alternative perspective, knowing the history that she has read up on.

It's a plot of bringing a prince to his thrown right? And war was just one path, wasn't it?

Your characters interact differently each time, each scenario. And that in itself can create different outcomes.

EDIT: Also, you failed to address the fact that Prince has rainbow wings yet doesn't question his status as a groundling? And other groundlings don't question his being there?

Edited by Narvix

I don't mean all soldiers or dark wings to be part of the plot. I mean substantial figures. For example, instead of a run down leaking shop, Jamie can have a slightly better shop (cleaner at least) and also serves the soldiers on guard on the ground, because she's paid to provide meals for them. This way if things go south, she can make a statement by refusing to service dark wings or soldiers as well as smacking some heads with a frying pan if necessary.

Yes, a librarian would be useful in research, but can't you place her in the royal library, not just a library? The nobles either have a private library at home, or use the king's, who's door is open to all skylings and have tomes and books that are few and rare, as well as ancient. This way she can provide information to the king when he calls but still be a librarian.

See my point?

He doesn't have Rainbow wings" they are orange, white blue and red. He knows he has them, but he hides them when he can BECAUSE they are different. His old mentor trained him BECAUSE jealous ground aviens attacked him and bullied him for it. He KNOWS that it must be something of the skylings descent but his mother refused to speak about it, his mentor took the secret to his grave and he's been told all his life that his father is dead. This was not reveled however because we barely got passed the exposè. Please don't say that my character's logic is faulty when I have spent months plotting and scheming my characters, as well as this role play.

No, I get that. But I don't see the necessity to make my characters connected to yours to still fit in with the rest of the thread. My characters can be connected to others and still participate without every single character being tied to yours.

That's all I'm saying. I feel like you don't trust me to know how to work my own way into an RP. It's not always about the one plot. What about sub plots?

I label them 'rainbow wings' because it's a lot easier to type than "orange, white, blue, and red" when I refer to them frequently.

EDIT: Look. If you're just trying to keep me from joining, then just say 'no'. But, for whatever reason, you're perfectly capable of allowing Elis in when her status is no better than Jamie's when compared to what is 'needed' for the plot.

Edited by Narvix

I prefer stain glass wings. NPC are basically free characters. The only two I control is the king and Lain's father. Soldiers can be played by anyone and so can towns folk.

Sub plots are perfectly fine. However I've seen some role plays die because there where too many sub plots. Can you repost them please?

Hey guess who got reminded that this thread exists. Haha yeah well, here's a child I scrambled together to make:

Username: Doctortear

Name: “Hector”

Ground or Sky: Ground

Class/occupation: Adventurer (in other words, unemployed)

Dark Wing supporter: Supports the idea of rebellion, but knows too little about the organization to fully support them

Appearance: Standing at 6’6”, Hector is a tall individual who is all the more intimidating when considering her muscular build. She has dark skin that is maimed with various scars and callouses from farm work and years of a nomadic life style. She has a round face, raised cheekbones, plump lips, and a small nose. Her eyes are a soft gray that go well with her platinum blonde hair. Her long, thick hair reaches down to her rear when left down. She usually hikes the ponytail up to her mid-back by tying two green ribbons into her hair--one near her scalp and the other right below her shoulder blades. She carries around a two-handed battle axe that has been well-preserved in her family for years. Though somewhat outdated, the axe can easily do its job of chopping down whatever is in it’s way.

Personality: Contrary to everything that has happened to her, Hector is an upbeat individual who tries to view the more optimistic side of life. She’s cordial to a fault; Hector has no problem exchanging pleasantries with someone who has been relentlessly rude to her. She’s quick to come to another’s aid and will go out of her way to make sure everyone around her is safe and comfortable. She sometimes forgets her own strength in comparison to everyone else and has been startled on more than once occasion once she realized that a training session got a little too tough or someone wasn’t as physically strong as she thought they were. Hector tries to keep an open-mind, but events from the past has caused a bias against skylings to manifest. Her years of hardships have not been forgotten, but when asked about it, Hector tends to steer the conversation away from her past. Despite her bubbly demeanor, Hector believes that people, groundlings specifically, will only continue to suffer if nothing changes. She does not believe that the world is prospering in an era of peace and instead think that if changes are to be made, then something needs to take action.

Wing appearance: After a wildly unprofessional and immensely painful procedure, Hector is completely wingless. A hideous, pink patch stretches across the portion of her back where wings would had sprouted from.

History: Born to a big family (including parents, a grandpa, two aunts, a younger brother, and three cousins) on a rice farm, Hector’s life was whirlwind of activity. She spent the majority of her childhood learning her family’s trade and training with her grandfather who placed a great importance on self-defense as he had experienced combat more than once in his lifetime. Problems first arose when an issue with the soil salinity on the farm came forth. It became harder to grow a plentiful bounty with such a high concentration of salt and, as such, having food on the table was no longer definite. A few months after the problem with the salt came up, a rich skyling bought the land the family lived on after hearing rumors about minerals underneath the ground. Hector and her family tried to convince the skyling that there was nothing in their fields, but the skyling did not care about the thoughts or feelings of groundlings.

Grabbing everything they could, the family fled their house and started their new nomadic lives. To Hector, it seemed as though everything got worse with every passing year. She lost her wings to a gang of unruly bandits, her mother died from a dreadful fever, and her father and one of her aunts left on a hunting trip but never returned. At the age of fourteen, Hector became a prominent figure in her family--she was tasked with taking care her younger cousins and her baby brother as well as fill the void her aunt and parents left in everyone’s hearts.

Around the time Hector turned nineteen, the family wandered into a small town to rest in. A couple running the local bakery took a shine to the family and offered to feed and shelter them in exchange for working for them. The family accepted the conditions, but Hector was not satisfied with her new life. She could not ignore the pit of anger in her stomach whenever she thought about how she was forced out of her home. She confronted her grandfather about her feelings and he told her that standing around and letting her rage stew would only hurt her in the end. He advised her to take his old hunting gear and the family heirloom, leave the house, and find something that could settle the anger burning inside of her. Hector’s grandfather assured her that the family would be safe where they were, and while Hector was skeptical at first, she was eventually convinced. She donned her grandfather’s hunting gear, grabbed the family war axe, whatever supplies her family could spare, and set off. Hector did not want to return to her family until after she found what she was looking for. As such, she ditched both her birth and family name and instead decided to go by the name “Hector”, the name of one of her ancestors that fought in the first Great War. Satisfied with her new identity and purpose, Hector spent the next seven years wandering aimlessly, helping those she came across and searching for something, or someone, to settle the anger burning inside of her.

Skills: Hector spent her childhood working on a farm. As such, she is incredibly knowledgeable about not only running and maintaining a farm, but growing rice specifically. Her time as a nomad taught her how to hunt, prepare food, create shelter, use first aid, navigate, and other survival related skills. Her grandpa placed a huge importance on self defense for reasons Hector did not realize until she was older. She is proficient in hand-to-hand combat as well using a battle axe.

War or peace: War

this is Lian day hi to Lian!

she looks gorgeous!! i love her hair 00:

--

okay but can we just

user posted image

bonus:

user posted image

this is the kind of quality art i contribute and why you don't want me in your rp

thumbs_up.pngblink.giflaugh.gif

Poor Ciel so tiny among the people! Glad you like her,I wanted a character who had flaming red hair and the fairy was in my coloring book, so I colored her with Lian in mind xd.png

Hi, I'm sort of new to DC forum RP but i'm very interested in joining this RP, this seems like a very fun universe!

Username: mackerelmaster

Name: Evelyn Helenae (Eve for short)

Class/occupation: Doctor/Medic (is healer more accurate?) (incomplete training)

Dark Wing supporter: No, but she wouldn't mind getting back at the jerks in the sky, could be persuaded.

Appearance: 5'4, dark blue/gray eyes, short, chin length dirty blonde hair she constantly pushes back out of her eyes, she has a kind face, pretty but not drop dead gorgeous.

Personality: Evelyn is a very nurturing person by nature but she can be downright motherly to friends and family. She's very persuasive but often passive when confrontations arise. She sometimes makes quick remarks that get her into trouble. As a healer, she's very intelligent and aware of people's feelings.

Wing appearance: 15ft Span, Her wings were once beautiful with shining bronze feathers (much like a hummingbird's) with silver flecks but now are unusable, warped and scarred

History: Eve used to live in the sky where she trained as a doctor/healer. She moved away from her parents when she turned 16 to begin training and didn't talk to them afterwords because they didn't support her wish to become a healer. She wasn't noble born but lived sort of middle class, her family were simple merchants which was why they didn't think she could become a healer. Unfortunately, she got caught up in drama with the nobility. (can refine this more later?) Long story short, after 'disrespecting' a man of high class, her wings were mutilated and she was cast out of the sky. On the ground, she lives a very simple life and enjoys helping the sick and injured in exchange for very little, some food or the occasional farm animal. But she always yearns to return to the sky.

Skills: Healing, Persuading/arguing.

War or peace: She wants to support peace but knows that if anything is to ever change, there must be a war.

Let me know if there's anything i could add or i'm missing?

Edited by mackerelmaster

I just noticed there's already a Lara, I'll change her name to Evelyn. Changed a few other small things too.

Edited by mackerelmaster

Ah i got a question Lu and Lil, with Ceil and Gae being Simon's close friends, there will be cute interactions that i would probibly like. I am writing a book based on this role play and would like your permission to use those two characters inside the story. I have the first chapter up on my Wattpad and DA page. I can send you the link if you want to take a look at it.

Ah i got a question Lu and Lil, with Ceil and Gae being Simon's close friends, there will be cute interactions that i would probibly like. I am writing a book based on this role play and would like your permission to use those two characters inside the story. I have the first chapter up on my Wattpad and DA page. I can send you the link if you want to take a look at it.

oh? what kind of cute interactions? 0:

ah, this gets a bit complicated bc i was going to use the concept of ciel, at least, as another character in something else. ; u ; i don't mind if you want to write him into your story, but just be aware that i will most likely have another white-haired thief named something else bouncing around elsewhere. : ' D

i'd love to see the first chapter!

Oh Like Gae and Simon at one point comparing height and Ceil is just sitting there like "Really? " And then he tries to swipe a glass vase from Simon's mom and gets whapped (I have a feeling that his mom would kinda adopt Ceil.... or at least fuss over him in a motherly way.)

Here is the first chapter

I dont mind! It seems cool and I'll check your story out in a little bit, I'm really excited!!

I'll have my second character that I talked to you about up in a bit soon, I saw your post on the IC and I'm so ready

oh also would it be okay for us to get a chatzy or Skype info or something maybe? Just to talk out ideas and stuff

Edited by Lilraaos

Oh Like Gae and Simon at one point comparing height and Ceil is just sitting there like "Really? " And then he tries to swipe a glass vase from Simon's mom and gets whapped (I have a feeling that his mom would kinda adopt Ceil.... or at least fuss over him in a motherly way.)

Here is the first chapter

please adopt him he's literally bleeding out onto the streets (i have no idea how he survived being attacked tbh)

looks good !! i recognise it from the post in the ic haha. lemme know when you update more 00:

edit; i second the call for a chatzy / skype please

Edited by xvi

Okay, they're here.

Username: Narvix

Name: Nadia Aurore Sartre

Ground or Sky: Sky

Class/occupation: Upper Class | Librarian

Dark Wing supporter: Maybe

Appearance: Nadia is tall, standing around 5’10” with long brown hair that falls in thick waves below the small of her back. Her posture is straight but she always manages to make herself look comfortable and at ease. With hazel eyes, Nadia has a delicate appearance to her features but a sharpness in her gaze.

[image credit to Nao Ikeda, Final Fantasy character designer.]

Personality: Nadia is very full of herself. Anyone can tell you that she is a narcissist but many may be unable to agree on just how much of one she is. She likes things tidy and clean, especially when it concerns her own physical appearance. She’s prim and proper, with very low tolerance for ‘savagery’ or ‘barbarians’. If you aren’t an intellect, Nadia won’t have anything to do with you.

Wing appearance: With a twenty-foot wingspan, Nadia has butterfly wings that match the patterning of a Large Blue.

History: Nadia’s parents had high expectations for her, difficult standards in her schooling and behavior for her to meet. Education was simple enough but Nadia’s personality just didn’t cut it. Born to a wealthy family who had a reputation as the city’s business gurus, Nadia’s narcissism and love of books didn’t really make a good match. Fortunately, her younger sister was able to take up the role of kingpin in the business, leaving Nadia free to run her own library. She’s managed to fill it with only the best and rarest books in existence.

Skills: Extensive factoid knowledge, calligraphy, story writing, appraising objects (especially books), mathematician

War or peace: Doesn’t care so long as she doesn’t get dirty and can keep her library.

Username: Narvix

Name: Janine Dembélé

Class/occupation: Working Class | Baker

Dark Wing supporter: No

Appearance: Quite small for her age, Janine isn’t taller than 5’2” with a frail build. Flour usually covers random patches of exposed skin on her face and forearms, if not her clothes. Her hair is consistently in an untidy bun, the dirty blonde locks lacking any luster due to the ever-present layer of flour. With tanned skin, green eyes, and round facial features, Janine has the stature of a man with a column torso and long limbs.

Personality: Janine has very low self-esteem and lacks confidence, especially when it comes to her appearance and fitting in. She doesn’t speak very loud, rather meekly instead, and easily folds under any pressure. Baking is her source of stress relief, her escape.

Wing appearance: She has transparent dragonfly wings that span almost eighteen feet in length.

History: Janine was born Joseph but, at the age of eleven, didn’t feel right with being a boy. When she identified that she felt more comfortable as a girl, she tried hard to get others to see that as well. However, it was a struggle and her parents weren’t thrilled with the idea. Bullies popped up everywhere and Janine was attacked, verbally or physically, from almost every side. She found two friends who saw her as she was and became her protectors of a sort, giving her a sanctuary when her home no longer was one. Her education was ended prematurely as the school’s environment was not safe anymore. She picked up baking at thirteen and has been baking ever since.

Skills: Baking, reading people, empathy

War or peace: Peace

Um, there's too many people now. I wanted to add "three more characters" but couldn't fit characters. Lil has one more. That would be two spots left. I don't want a massive group like last time. It's already overwhelming for me.