Dragon_Arbock

Update DC to the standards of newer pet sites

There's some misunderstanding here. Getting sick eggs, or worse, dead eggs, often has nothing to do with the owners putting them anywhere. It has a lot to do with view-bombing by someone else. Based on posts I read and on the experience of friends, some of those view-bombers are able to generate thousands of views within a short interval of time without using the hatcheries.. Not only. Even if you did fog your eggs as soon as they were caught and unfog them with 4d or less left, the viewbomber can attack and kill the hatchling with the same mechanism.

Backing this up. I pop my eggs in EATW right after snatching them. Haven't had any sickness issues with only EATW. AoND, I will admit, can sicken eggs, but only IF you threw 'em in right after grabbing them and then put them in other fansites, at least from my experience, and I do a fair bit of Incubating.

Viewbombers are pretty determined. Especially with a grudge (got that rare egg before I did, even HAVING a rare egg).

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

To sort of extend on my initial statement: I caught my 2 CB Aegis Dragons in '15. They ended up dying because I couldn't get internet for 2 weeks. I'm not complaining to TJ to restore them, or demanding a change in the egg raising dynamics. Life happens, unfortunately. Nothing we can do about it. :l

why should cb prize owners or cb holly owners have the right to make their dragon so special that nobody else is allowed to have a cb one too??????

lets say i take all your cb rares and replace them with messy inbred rares. you shouldnt care right because its still the same sprite

CB prize and Holly owners aren't the ones that decided that their CBs were going to be rare; that was something promised by the nature of their release. When holiday dragons drop, they are accompanied by a notice that they'll not be available in-cave again. When the prizes were handed out, it was with a notice that they'd not be obtainable via normal means. It's a perk for those who participated in those events- those coming in years after can still get lineages that they like. The 'messy inbred' option isn't the only one; you can just as easily pick up a lovely stairstep, or checker, or second gen, etc. You can get pretty much anything you want if you arrange a trade rather than rely on the AP. I wasn't here for the first few holidays; I have bred dragons for those years. I don't value them any less than their CB counterparts from subsequent events- I don't expect to be handed a CB for an event that I didn't participate in. Speaking from personal experience with another website, when a game re-releases things that were supposed to be 'rare' or 'exclusive' limited time items, people get angry about it- because then what's the incentive to get it when it's new? It's also a bit of a slap in the face to those who were there and put forth the effort to get it- it's not their fault, nor is it TJs or the spriters, that someone feels the need to roll in years after the fact and whine for a special re-release because they don't feel like their 2nd gen Holly/Gold is good enough. That isn't how limited-time or special releases work.

I think what Celly means that it's always the people that already have something that don't want to see others be able to obtain them as well. They want to keep their advantage.

I think what Celly means that it's always the people that already have something that don't want to see others be able to obtain them as well. They want to keep their advantage.

Even though I disagree about users having/wanting what others want... I have to play devils advocate and say this:

Why wouldn't/shouldn't they?

I'm lost... how did this thread become about the ~greedy Prize owners~ too?

Prizes aren't even mentioned at all in the OP.

As for the actual suggestion, unfortunately I really don't see anything ever changing on DC. Its very very behind the times with forums dying off and people moving on to Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and other apps. Pet sites as a whole seem to be declining in popularity.

Edited by shortaxel

There's some misunderstanding here. Getting sick eggs, or worse, dead eggs, often has nothing to do with the owners putting them anywhere. It has a lot to do with view-bombing by someone else. Based on posts I read and on the experience of friends, some of those view-bombers are able to generate thousands of views within a short interval of time without using the hatcheries.. Not only. Even if you did fog your eggs as soon as they were caught and unfog them with 4d or less left, the viewbomber can attack and kill the hatchling with the same mechanism.

It is extremely difficult to viewbomb and actually kill a hatchling. I've tried. (on my own dragons!) actually never managed it even with every fansite/forum I had access to and multiple auto-refreshers. Also, the OP wasn't talking about sickness or viewbombings. but simply not having time in an entire week to come in and put eggs in a fansite. Which takes two minutes, and can be done on any device that accesses the internet. (including Wii/Xbox/3DS/Ipad....)

As to the topic:

I have, in fact, been a member of multiple pet sites. every single one has either folded or couldn't hold my interest because of the very ideas you are suggesting here.

1.No support. I can not for the life of me fathom how this is too difficult. Unforeseen events aside, just get new ones. And unforeseen are unforeseen, they can't be planned for. If you KNOW you won't be able to get on for a week: Don't Hunt! very simple.

User activated turnover: even worse. I actually do sign on every single day because I at least want to check the forums, and I've never bothered to put the forums in a bookmark, I go to the site, check my dragons if any and then come here. But people shouldn't have to do that. I would be very annoyed if eggs/hatchlings didn't run time down while I was away should I miss a day or two. Also I am absolutely sick of every time a suggestion comes up that people don't want seeing "well how about make it an optional toggle"? No, that takes extra coding and if most people are going to toggle it OFF why bother in the first place?

Shop already has thread go post your support there if you want it.

Trading adults- Never happening. Do NOT Want. Do not pass Go, Do not collect 200 dollars. If I want to collect 500+ dragons, they ARE mine! I raised them. I did the work, You can't have them, it shouldn't matter how many people have.

Games: If they do nothing to affect regular gameplay I'm not against. but seriously, you want something else to do, go do something else. I have Minesweeper (Contagion) on my computer as well as many other much more fun games. or I could even get OFF the computer and go do something constructive, like Laundry. Its good that you don't have to live on the this game. It's a big reason why it is so popular after so long. (battling also has it's own topic, possibly several as gets shot down by players a lot)

Cave blockers are already deleted from the cave every 5 mins. That isn't good enough? raise some of those breeds and either freeze or release to the wild if you don't want to keep them. help the ratios. Something is always going to more common than others, and always therefore, less desired.

It is extremely difficult to viewbomb and actually kill a hatchling. I've tried. (on my own dragons!) actually never managed it even with every fansite/forum I had access to and multiple auto-refreshers.

This. I try to do it every Hallowe'en to save on kill slots. I usually fail. Eggs are easier.

I agree with DragonLady86.

By the way - about scrollsitters - when I have been knocked off unexpectedly - does NO-ONE else have a cell phone so they can contact someone and ask them to scroll sit ? I've had to do that more than once. I doubt if I am the only person who has no IRL mates they can ask... IN fact we all look out for each other; if we see each other's eggs needing views and not progressing we will carefully enter them and keep an eye.

And if you are afraid of view bombers (sure, I've been hit on occasion) fog your eggs/hatchies whenever you can't watch it. Part of this game IS looking after your stuff. Making it lazy would make it boring. And for me - it isn't boring at all.

Sorry if this has already been brought up before. I know bits and pieces of what I'm going to say have been, but I don't think it all has.

Dragon cave is an old adoptables site. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's an old site that has changed very little in that time. Since I have joined in 2009, the only things that have changed are the cave being split into 6 subsections, trophies, and BSAs. Everything else about the game has stayed the same, and in comparison to the functionality of other games, it is dated.

I cannot speak for all petsites, but I can speak for the other two I play, and attempt to give a comparison; GPXplus, and Flight Rising.

The first and biggest difference between DC and these games is that Eggs Cannot Die.

Now, death for some things makes sense- we have the kill function, zombies, and the Bite BSA may kill them, but death from Time I don't think should still exist. The fact that the only way to get enough views in the timespan your egg/hatchling has to mature requires the use of fansites should be a hint the the core design of DC is broken. Forum communities the the site was designed for are few and far between now, and even the ones that still exist and get some traffic, like Serebii, have strict rules about how many external images can be in signatures. Even worse, you can't even post them in your signature here. The fact that the game only still works because of fansites is a big flaw to me.

If eggs must still retain a countdown to their death, I propose this instead- User Activated Rollover.

I have also seen this feature places where things can die. Eggs/hatchlings would still have a limited lifespan, but that lifespan would not decrease unless the user has actually logged on that day. This way if people have to go away/have important school work/are in the hospital they don't need to get a scroll sitter to take care of their eggs while they are out of commission. If worried about users hording old eggs/hatchlings for trading, just make it so that anything older 14 days can't be traded, but at least this way they won't die while the owner is unable to access DC for whatever reason.

Another thing, and this I know has been talked about before, a Prize Shop, or really any kind of shop.

With DC, if you missed the time and date, it is impossible to get CB versions of many key breeds. On GPX plus, if you have enough of a specific currency, you can purchase a voucher that you can turn in to get the corresponding event egg. On Flight Rising, it is possible to buy an item to turn your dragon into an other breed or dragon, but for sake of example of system, GPX+ is much closer to DC. I have seen it mentioned before that raising a certain number of dragons should give you points, and over time you should be able to have enough points to get certain eggs from a shop. I would be all in favor of a point-based shop on DC where players could get CBs of things they missed out on. If an issue, I think it would be fair that they only get a certain number total from the shop, and that things bought from the shop should not be tradable, if necessary.

Another minor thing I have to mention involves trading. I think that adult dragons should be tradable. It might go against the lore, but really the idea of a person owning 500+ also goes against the lore when in the stories that accompany some events many draggons are shown to be as smart as people and not owned by anyone.

An also important thing I think DC is lacking- something else to do while waiting for things to grow.

DC is a very unengaging game. You come on, grab or breed a few eggs, then go away again for 3-4 days. Sure the holiday events try to provide something a little more, but I think we could use something all year. Some games have quests with rewards- GPX plus offers quests that often involve hatching a number of things, or giving other people views or clicks, a function that could be beneficial to DC. Coliseums or battle areas are also a common feature, but I'm not sure how well that would work with DC. Even just some mini games available to play would be nice- bring back the mana game. That was really fun and the bad thing about holidays I feel is that most of those things only get used once and become inaccessible afterwards.

The last thing I want to address is another issue that I know has been talked about a lot- cave blockers.

There's not really a good way to get rid of the more undesirable eggs in the AP. You can't take them all in because they take up scroll space, you can't bite them because any kills will also lock you for 24 hours. You can let them get low enough in time that eventually someone will take them because they will be ready to hatch.. but even then they take up space eventually due to there also being a hatchling limit. I say there could be one of two things that could be done for the AP; either remove the hatchling limit, or delete eggs that have been picked up then abandoned again a certain number of times. Considering how DC works off ratios and deleting things might now solve the problem, option one might be the better one- remove the hatching limit and encourage people to take in more of the less desired breeds so the ratios adjust.

These are just my observations, but I think some of these being implemented in some way or another would improve the game a lot, and this isn't speaking as some newbie- I've played DC for many years and as I also play other things, these are what stand out to me. DC doesn't have to be an entirely different game, but making the game more accessible to newer players, and more able to hold on to the attention of older users is needed to make sure the game will continue to thrive.

Not to mention, to TJ, the longer and more active people are on your site in a day, the more ad revenue you will get.

1. no death to eggs (or anything still growing) and less reliance on hatcheries - please no. The way the dragons are raised here is the very reason why I play DC, and DC only. Aside to having no exclusive breeds that can be obtained through irl money only.

2. user activated rollover - please no. I like exactly how the eggs will hatch after their time and being in a hatchery and die if you neglect your game for 7 full days. (and also that sb else can hatch your dragons for you if you can't be there)

3. Shop - it's a huge yes. Especially for the breeds not available as CBs anymore, or for the Prize breeds people never had a chance to grab on their own as CBs. I agree this is putting newer players in a huge disadvantage compared to the other players (the older the bigger advantage the user had an opportunity to gain, atm the hugest power is to the owners of CB Hollies and CB Prizes, the next oldest holidays CB owners are gaining more an more trading power for the holiday periods with time - even if it's not as radical as with the CB Holly owners, and also the CBs of the more current holiday breeds will never gain enough trading value to even out with the older players than them) So yes, a shop like this is needed a lot by the playerbase in general.

4. adult trading - I'd support if it was heavily restricted. I'd like adults to be tradeable, especially when I happen to forget about some growing hatchie I don't need (or need, but only frozen) and it grows up - I'd rather gift it to any other user than release it where it'll be of no use to anyone. But not an unlimited adult trading for the insane trade offers mentioned somewhere above.

I think it could work if one could trade only x amount of adults in a pretty long time, e.g. 1 from your scroll every 2 months (so you can't offer too many adults) and e.g. 3 to your scroll every 2 months(so you can accept adult offers on your regular offers, from people who don't own a growng thing of the breed and lineage you're looking for but really want to trade with you withoyut missing the chance).

5. DC unengaging, add (boring) minigames, battles - I play DC for the level of engagement it requires from me, and I quit Flight Rising after like 2-3 days of playing because of the minigames and the grinding that was taking almost all day of active playing the boring mini games:/ Also adoptants' battles are in almost every Facebook adoptable game... I have enough of the Facebook type adoptable games... I left all of them. Even if it was mostly because of the pay to win reaching you sooner or later (stupid Berk game... it was fine until they started releasing plenty of pay to get dragons - usually uniques like particular characters you obviously wanted to have - you couldn't get without buying Runes...). And with the battles, newer player usually can't reach the 1st place no matter how they try - an old long-term player will always have farmed more 'points' than you'd. Unless there were seasons - when everything resets in the beginning of a season. Also, it shouldn't earn you much of anything for the game proper - if there's a store, no more than 1 won battle should give you any Shards(/any in game currency). And that is if you're almost guaranteed to win within 10mins of trying. Idk, I don't think I'm interested in battling myself, I'm quite enough with them from other pet sites...

so, to generalize:

(all year) minigames - no if playing these is benefitial to the game proper

battles - not a fan but it might work if it's not much benefit to the game proper and also provided anyone can actually win some battles, including the newbies.

For me, the engaging thing is the New Releases and between them breeding of 3 frozens from my pairs. And to some extend the Zombie making but I'm getting discouraged when I see at least 20 dragons disintegrate in a row... Especially if it was CB Mageias or 2-H. Lindwurms. Also I have my weekly mass breeding(though I'd rather just click and have all my regularly bred pairs auto-bred to their last respective mates). And my life in between.

6. Cave blokers and AP blockers -

AP - I'm completely against destroying AP eggs, no matter how many times they were re-abandoned... in many cases the value of a particular AP egg is as subjective as e.g. telling if some kind of coffe tastes well or not (eg I like the chemical, my bf hates these and prefers the natural only, some people can get coffe through only if it's sweetened, some only if it's sugar-free, with or without milk, flavored or not, latte or espresso or cappucino or whatever... and it may even depend on your current mood or need - like with the eggs, and with the eggs it's even more fluid and depending on the moment).

Cave - I liked that suggection of sending biome blockers to AP. And I support that way of moving the Cave.

7. remove the hatchling limit - well, to be honest I support this. It's not that difficult to get hatchie locked, especially if you're trading a lot or AP ER hunting. But reducing the limit would be enough I think, add like 5 hathcie slots more.

It's difficult to tell what DC should actually get to keep players engaged enough, and it's also not so obvious if it should even be much more engaging...

I believe the bigger bummer is breeding groups (with all the breedign groups ofther than the regular being kind of neglected by the playerbase), 1-gendered dragons(holidays) which reduce the lineage possibilities (especially with the same gender breeds, e.g. a Snow can't breed with Aegis, Val09 can't breed with a Solstice etc. ...) - these reduce the lineage possibilites in a game that is all about collectign and breeding... And ofc the inability to get CBs of dragons once available as CBs - the store is the answer to solve this though.

For me New Releases work absolutely best. They are exciting(and a bit stressfull, the more breeds there are), involving and flooding the Cave:) And you start making plans for them, including naming them(I really enjoy the moment the breed's name is known and I can check some dictionary to get names for my new breed's pair). And it's nice how TJ's grow much sooner than ours. And that (sadly it's way too rare, in 2016 it was just the Antareans and Azures I think) there are cases when you can recognize you've seen the sprite WIP in the forum!

Also you can keep yourself busy by trying to create a dragon for the game (it's just new artists and 'completed list' dragons are pretty rarely released (compared to the artist-only part of the forum) - if that changed, it could really be a thing to do inbetween huntings and breedings and trades - but for now dragon threads are first let to get very dusty in the completed section, and then in hiding if ever chosen for release - I've noticed a lot of completed dragons were hidden about 10(?) months ago and I think just 1 of that batch got released so far - Azures)

Anyway, what seems to be established is that we don't really want DC to follow after other pet/adoptable sites.

I'd rather see more BSAs and other improvements like e.g. tags and tabs, Rooster, store, etc. (I can't really remember even those I strongly supported^^wink.gif

CB prize and Holly owners aren't the ones that decided that their CBs were going to be rare; that was something promised by the nature of their release. When holiday dragons drop, they are accompanied by a notice that they'll not be available in-cave again. When the prizes were handed out, it was with a notice that they'd not be obtainable via normal means. It's a perk for those who participated in those events- those coming in years after can still get lineages that they like. The 'messy inbred' option isn't the only one; you can just as easily pick up a lovely stairstep, or checker, or second gen, etc. You can get pretty much anything you want if you arrange a trade rather than rely on the AP. I wasn't here for the first few holidays; I have bred dragons for those years. I don't value them any less than their CB counterparts from subsequent events- I don't expect to be handed a CB for an event that I didn't participate in. Speaking from personal experience with another website, when a game re-releases things that were supposed to be 'rare' or 'exclusive' limited time items, people get angry about it- because then what's the incentive to get it when it's new? It's also a bit of a slap in the face to those who were there and put forth the effort to get it- it's not their fault, nor is it TJs or the spriters, that someone feels the need to roll in years after the fact and whine for a special re-release because they don't feel like their 2nd gen Holly/Gold is good enough. That isn't how limited-time or special releases work.

Actually getting things sooner IS a thing to at least some people. Just look at how prices change for things e.g. a newly released game from a popular series at first costs a lot, especially in a pre-sale (heck, check LoL's newet champions, at first they cost over 7k of the in-game currency for abotu a week or 2 I'm not sure, a bit later when they're officially released the new champ costs over 6k, and after a few years it can go as low as 3k or even below 1k), e.g. a game like Dark Souls - it's price is dropping slowly, also there are time-limited sales... Nobody is angry for how things work... if you want it NOW and are ready to pay for having it NOW, it's your thing, and you can't blame anyone for waitign for it and getting it cheaper - you had it for all this time and they haven't yet! And they're not even guaranteed to get it cheaper - e.g. old PSX game CDs are more expensive now than in the past instead.

Why should it be any different with DC CBs? Why should anyone who had the advantage of that CB Shimmer or Holly(2gens are VERY desired and valued, there's a much higher demand than supply compared to Prize 2gens) for years be now angry that others can have a CB as well... Also in DC you don't even spend real money on anything, while in plenty of other adopt sites getting exclusive stuff is bound ot payign irl money - nand even if they had spent irl money, just look at how it works with getting games and stuff 'NOW')

I don't mind the idea of a shop or simple mini-games - so long as they are just that, simple and not too important overall - but everything else doesn't sound appealing for me.

I've been around on DC since '08 and keep coming back because it is the way it is - it's forgiving on the fact that I'm forgetful or sometimes have a hard time checking on eggs/hatchlings but without removing the real risk that I might lose them, which makes me more interested in accessing my scroll regularly. It's nice that I don't have to grind mini-games to earn currency or items or anything like that just to look after my dragons. It has a low impact on my daily routine (which is a good thing for me); I don't have to devote large chunks of my time to other activities (like FR or GPX+, for example) just to make the game more accessible.

Something I would like to see, though, is more forum integration with the actual site, if that makes sense? I'm not a social person by nature, and I rarely access the forums, but the community has seemed to be pretty tight-knit over the years, for better or worse.

But to stick more with the OP's points - I absolutely don't think DC should change to emulate other pet sites more closely. It's been here for ten years, it still seems to be going strong, and from what I've seen new people still sign up all the time and enjoy the game. It should continue to be updated to modern standards without the pressure to become a game it's not.

Yeah I forgot to mention I do not have a cell phone. I usually fog my eggs after they hatch because if I don't they get sick- I did not have this knowledge about EATW supposedly not killing dragons.

If your babys are getting sick right after they hatch then they are getting too many views too fast o:

They should not be getting sick! I have only had 1 dragon egg or hatchling get sick in my years of playing!

1 fan site is enough, 2 with a extra smaller fan site if you want it to hatch at the 4 day mark and never add directly after you catch or breed the egg!

This. I try to do it every Hallowe'en to save on kill slots. I usually fail. Eggs are easier.

I agree with DragonLady86.

By the way - about scrollsitters - when I have been knocked off unexpectedly - does NO-ONE else have a cell phone so they can contact someone and ask them to scroll sit ? I've had to do that more than once. I doubt if I am the only person who has no IRL mates they can ask... IN fact we all look out for each other; if we see each other's eggs needing views and not progressing we will carefully enter them and keep an eye.

And if you are afraid of view bombers (sure, I've been hit on occasion) fog your eggs/hatchies whenever you can't watch it. Part of this game IS looking after your stuff. Making it lazy would make it boring. And for me - it isn't boring at all.

This is a valid point. It was mentioned that player rollover would work for unexpected absence, but how often does this happen? It's unexpected. If you're heading into the hospital sick, it's kind of a given that DC will go to the wayside.

But if you are technologically connected, as Fuzz points out, you can play on your phone or tablet or tell someone that you're sick, like a friend or fellow player.

The OP mentioned they don't have a phone, but in that instance, the goal should be to adapt gameplay or let the chips fall as they may--not ask for an overhaul of the system.

But nowadays if one has Internet access, one probably also has SOME kind of a telephone too? If not a mobile one then a stationary one? If you got e.g. a CB Gold(or whatever is precious to you that you really don't want to die) that you can't put into a hatchery due to no Internet access while it's about to die, maybe you can even ask your neighbour or class mate/colleague to let you use their phone(stationary or cell)? I bet there ARE some ways to contact someone who could put this egg/s into a hatchery for you if you can't. It probably requres more creativity to invent some way depending on your situation but it's not impossible if you really care so much? Ofc not counting severe cases and accidents but I bet in those situations some pixels on DC would be the last thing you'd care about... No matter how precious that dying pixels was to you...

Also with the store, even if it was e.g. a CB holiday, you could always re-gain it if lost. The store would solve so many issues in general if implemented the way the Trader's Canyon is suggested...

Yeah... the low maintenance gameplay is really one of the things that's kept me with this game for years where other games have fallen by the wayside.

Just to throw in my two cents:

Remove ToD - It would be nice to have an in-cave method of gaining views versus 100% fansite reliability. Like how GPX+ has their in-house click other people's stuff methods. But I don't know that removing ToD fixes that...

User activated rollover - I like that the game keeps going even when I'm not able to log in. If I'm not going to be able to get at a computer for a few days, it's nice to know I can put my eggs in a hatchery and they'll keep growing without me, versus FR or GPX+ that just stop if I'm not getting on daily.

Shop - I'd be okay with this if it's for getting previous limited releases. If we start getting into dragons that are only available by paying real money, I get very disinterested.

Adult trading - I'd be for this.

Mini-games - I like the holiday ones, but tbh on other games I really don't play them... and then when it's tied in with other game necessities (collecting gold, whatever), it ends up stalling my progress and making me less interested in the game as a whole. But as I've said, I like this game because it's low maintenance.

Cave blockers - I wouldn't mind a system to deal with cave blockers, but I'm pretty sure there's several threads on the topic.

But yeah. At the end of the day, making a game that is going to require a lot more time from me is more likely to make me drop the game altogether.

Also I have my weekly mass breeding(though I'd rather just click and have all my regularly bred pairs auto-bred to their last respective mates). And my life in between.

That's another quality of life thing I think DC should have. The only issue I would see is if everything would get auto abandoned then if if it would display the total results and let you pick 7 with the rest being abandoned.

Along the lines of that, with holidays and multiclutch breeding, I wish there was an 'abandon all' button, so I didn't have to pick one to keep, then go to that egg's page, and abandon that one as well.

Adult trading, yeah I'd be fine with a monthly limit to keep people from abusing it.

You can just ignore the holiday multiclutch eggs for an hour and they'll be auto-abandoned without you having to do anything. Literally. Just navigate away from the breeding page and don't take one and those eggs will leave your scroll after an hour.

Only going to comment on adult trading because it's all I have time for: OMG no. Please no. For the love of all things holy, NO.

I'm a prize owner. I've never hidden this fact and for the most part people have been respectful of my wishes not to send begging or soliciting PM's for trades. Add tradeable adults to that mix though? Oooh boy I can see my future now and my current low maintenance play style goes out the window.

You can just ignore the holiday multiclutch eggs for an hour and they'll be auto-abandoned without you having to do anything. Literally. Just navigate away from the breeding page and don't take one and those eggs will leave your scroll after an hour.

I'm aware of this, but if I want to breed other dragons as well that I may want to keep I need to abandon them now so they're not taking up space.

I don't see how an 'abandon all' would be an unreasonable request.

Why not simply breed for yourself first and for the AP once your scroll is as full as you want it to be? It's really that simple.

But I agree that an "abandon all" feature wouldn't hurt. It just doesn't seem necessary to me.

Because sometimes I may be interested in keeping an egg only if it has a cool code, or something along those lines. Look at the Z project, for example. But also with multiclutches I don't know why they don't make you pick one then and there as opposed to giving you an hour- you can't trade them anyway.

Because sometimes I may be interested in keeping an egg only if it has a cool code, or something along those lines. Look at the Z project, for example. But also with multiclutches I don't know why they don't make you pick one then and there as opposed to giving you an hour- you can't trade them anyway.

At least the last time I bred dragons that gave me multiclutches (Christmas, Halloween) they did ask me which I wanted to keep and then abandoned the rest, immediately. I was left with an egg on my scroll, but it's not much work to then kick that to the AP if I don't want it.

It's always been that way, in my experience. I wasn't aware that you could get around doing that.

Edited by silver_chan

If you navigate away from the page they sit in your lair for an hour. If it was 5 minutes I could understand, but an hour is a bit much. But the fact that I have to choose to keep one at the time instead of being able to click a button and have them all gone at once right away is inconvenient. And no, my lair isn't always going to be full so that doesn't happen. I didn't pick up a single Christmas dragon from the AP this year because I have no lineage projects with them (I favor the Halloweens).

DC passiveness

Much like most people here, I like DC for the exact fact there isn't much to do. I actually love the fact I can come here every 4 days, get some eggs, drop them off in a hatchery and disappear. I wish more pet sites were this passive.

Most click-based sites make you take time from your life to dedicate to clicking away. If you drop them to Yarolds, you get fast clicks, but you also have to spend hours clicking. I don't have that kind of time anymore. The only one I keep up with currently is because I'm there since the very beginning and it hurts to give it up now.

Eggs die

I don't see why this would be such a problem. Contrary to the click sites, you don't even need to spam forums with your eggs or do any kind of extra work. You can just pop them in a hatchery and wait without worrying. TJ can also easily create a hatchery if the fan ones ever disappear.

Tradeable adults

It would completely ruin the market over here. It's already a drama because of the valuable dragon's 2nd gens, imagine if you could trade CBs.

Minigames

I also love the fact that when I have to actually spend more time here (Holidays), it's always interesting quests that don't get boring. I'm thankful those holiday minigames are just that - holiday minigames. Because even though they are fun, they are not something I'd want to repeat every day.

TL;DR: I just want to collect sprites without much work or dedication needed.

Edited by LaHaine

It is extremely difficult to viewbomb and actually kill a hatchling.  I've tried.  (on my own dragons!)  actually never managed it even with every fansite/forum I had access to and multiple auto-refreshers.  Also, the OP wasn't talking about sickness or viewbombings.  but simply not having time in an entire week to come in and put eggs in a fansite.  Which takes two minutes, and can be done on any device that accesses the internet.  (including Wii/Xbox/3DS/Ipad....) 

In case you did not notice, I was not replying to the OP, I was replying to this:

Also, getting sick eggs means you're putting things in hatcheries RIGHT as you catch them...wait until they get to around 5 days and 15h and add to 1-2 fansites and they won't get sick. If they do get sick, you have a chance to fog them and hopefully the sickness will go away.

I've had a lot of sickness problems before (had two eggs die on me from sickness :c) but I just stopped adding things to hatcheries when I first grabbed them and waited a day then added to AoND and eatw. Even if they do get sick, they won't die if you fog them to prevent them from getting sicker.

No, it is not extremely difficult to view bomb and kill a hatchling if you have the right type of resources. Looks like at least one view-bomber does.