Choppedmint

Choppedmint's Art (12/27)

When I first created this topic, it was before we had spoiler tags/the forum update. ^^ Which was why I still haven't gotten into the habit of using them. 

Yes, I promise I haven't forgot requests. But I've been working on holiday gifts for friends.

For Kat:

8LeyhTN.png

Displayed before you are the pages of a notebook. Covering the pages are the doodles and drawings all created for one month of the year. Portrayed are the characters featured in a special place called the Paradox House. Come. Turn the pages and see what was drawn for you.

--

Hey folks! Meet another one of Mint’s art dumps. She was working hard through the month of November and December for this and is happy to present to product of that. 

A special note! There were two TPH birthdays in December and because of that, we have extra drawings! I also made some doodles thanks to puns and things that happened within the month of December.

--

1FOxBj2.png

Lynx 17

--

bU6KjaM.png

And happy birthday!!

KbPliB5.png

--

3RpB9uZ.png

Arlo

NdB7p3l.png

Arlo

79odqf9.png

Vyra

--

4qcVkGC.png

Ciel

--

KDHRVUv.png

Duck

--

13qCNzM.png

Noctin and Rex

--

pjEMlEQ.png

I said I'd draw 7S in a kimono. Better late than never.

--

lv8r2To.png

--

nx0DbQN.png

--

biBSwKE.png

3fzMsm6.png

--

0yWNEGk.png

--

OVZpZvA.png

--

8JXK1cA.png

--

GW1No8y.png

--

https://imgur.com/GBExPHr.png[/img]

-- 

HCnUBst.png

--

9mgu5r0.png

--

B2SoULa.png

And happy birthday!!

0pmB99o.png

--

nzoKRzm.png

aOiYP8F.png

Edited by Choppedmint

I'll post the comic once I fix the coding for the images.

Edited by Choppedmint

Yo, that’s a lotta art!

Please, I’d love to see the comic! I used to be working on one, after all =D

Side note, I’m not very good at teaching any art skills, but pls feel free to pm me any time if you want my input <3 I study storytelling a bit, too, if that’s any use ;D

Thank you very much! That was me drawing  Amaterasu from memory, so I have no clue how well I got her. But it was fun! And I've loved drawing lavender for ages. Among whatever other flowers I had there.

---

Yup! Lots of art! I actually have a couple more, now I think about it. Have to post them at a later date.

And yes! I'll make sure to post my comic! I'll try and get up what I have today. 

That would be very helpful. I'm still learning and getting advice is very helpful. 

Please enjoy the fact that all of this was taken on a camera that is horrible.
And enjoy!
xrxxuQw.png
4aaAql9.png
gpOTvhJ.png
BBRIORm.png

8h1OFDn.png
jP1SERo.png

GpMrWdg.png

Those who wish to see the dark, be ready to pay your price.--Shadowcry by Jenna Burtenshaw

Summary

Will C. Morgen was supposed to be dead. Three cats saw her fall from the top of a cliff, into a sea, in the middle of Winter. But when she turns up two years later, at the same time as a mysterious sickness, cats begin to wonder what secrets are being kept from them. Jo Pree is the apprentice to the leader of Seaside, the small town who was utterly changed by Will two years ago. As the sickness, named The Poison, rages through the town Jo starts to unravel the secrets of Seaside and all of them seem to lead back to Will C. Morgen. Who can Jo trust to help keep her and her friends alive? And what - or who - will be sacrificed to keep those secrets buried. Or to bring them to the surface...forever.

Three sisters, twelve Council members, one apprentice and the cats she relies on, all against a sickness that could claim them all.

uhHa2qO.png
Meet our narrator. She's called Marick, and she'll turn up later in the story.

O9bRUwj.png
Ability to draw ice and waves isn't the best. But I hope the idea still comes across.

AMR3fQu.png
And we meet (one of our) main characters.

JklYmlD.png
Chapter 1 starts.

6gLtC2J.png
Old version of my introduction to new characters was just writing their names on them. I give out more info later.

YFCvpoz.png
I drew these sideways facing pages after I wrote the other ones for this part of the story. Then I realized I wasn't giving enough of the needed info. Just so I'm explaining the style changes.

eKX7aWD.png
Moor looks like he has rabbit ears in panel 1... XD

apVErdX.png
Just a little attempt to draw houses.

hkBhMX9.png
Meet our main main character. (The extra main is not a typo.)

KLnTCbG.png
Nothing to say here. I was experimenting with word bubbles. 

5njPrmb.png
I'm really proud about how this page turned out.

0lyt2Yx.png
Hopefully this is the one and only time I have to explain what a word means inside the comic. >.<

3KU22wg.png
Yay! Question mark faces!

ZllZrRt.png
Ice...again...

xs45Q2Z.png
More of this will get revealed and explained better as we move on.

3fYCpDq.png
It may be hard to see, but that water drops are green as well as the mist that came from Will's mouth.

FZtUBC4.gif
The gif that took so long to post.

qevvMdu.png
Yes! Welcome chapter 2

lEOxcnv.png
Welcome our secondary character. They still have important things to say, so pay attention.

N1TCZV7.png
Ah, a secret cat. Who could that be?

jXx5XBe.png
Once again, it may be hard to tell that the marks are green.

vIvPSB6.png
I started to do the dividing lines on the computer

JlBTA7M.png
This is a flashback, incase you missed that. XD

SMEKf4F.png
It was hard making the last panel a different color than the rest of the flashback scene.

XOTXDof.png
Tylor doesn't mind so much. He's probably thinking something like 'But I know what you look like when you laugh, Jo' in panel 3.

li3L3aJ.png
Uh oh, Mint's playing around with the borders again...

HezO38Q.png
Kind of ended up spellchecking these next two pages in the computer. x.x

GsJRVYz.png
I've been trying to add more backgrounds.

5E6F8q1.png
Ah look. No words...
What's a background again?

MKV2lFe.png
Look! I actually put some effort in!

HGxc9lU.png
We get to hear a little about Rattlesnake. We'll learn more later.         

v2QF7WJ.png
Ooooo. Rattlesnake has a daughter.

bju0cLL.png
Meet the Council of Twelve. Not all of them will be relevant in this comic.

A GIF will go here...if I ever get around to it. It's basically introducing the council members, which the comic basically does.

Yl6ehVg.png
What passes for our prophecy.

Ccv3O9I.png
If you were wondering why I always drew Honey sitting down...

gjS4wZE.png

Monny doesn't remember his last name, hence the ???. Also, I just drew his eyes like that to set him apart from the others. Most Mixed Blood Paranormal are not going to be that obvious about their condition.

Panel 1: *background chatter* Introducing new character: Monny ??? / Male / Paranormal

Panel 2: Over there is Marick and Monny

Panel 3: Monny? Is that the same Monny that you and Taylor rant about so much?

Panel 4: *feet shuffle* Yah...

Panel 5: *background chatter* Monny has what we call "mixed blood". He was given powers by both Will and another Paranormal.

Panel 6: *background chatter* Because of this, he has a few extra powers... But is mentally unstable.

Panel 7: Monny: Hey! Get over here! / Both Jo and Clarisa: Yes, Sir!

Panel 8: They say that he can read the future as well... And that he supported Will C. Morgen of all cats.

kNTaCGD.png
Panel 1: You call yourself Jo, right?

Panel 2: bubble 1: Yes... bubble 2: Taylor says I'm not supposed to talk to you.

Panel 3: bubble 1: *whisper* Doesn't that mean not talking? bubble 2: Don't get chummy with me.

Panel 4: Monny: I've never met a murderer before. Jo: Wahhhh?!

Panel 5: Marick: Hey! Don't go looking at me like that!

Panel 6: (background) Monny! Monny: You will kill the ones closest to you. Not out of anger, fear, or hate... But because you have to. You should trust the three, but you will fail them.

Panel 7: (I really hope that's readable. x.x )

Also, just another reminder that Marick is our narrator.

x5GwRQC.png

Slight color in this one...

bPSpJBf.png
Panel 1: You said that I should talk to Marick about the Feline War. / Yes?

Panel 2: Well, as you know, I didn't really get a chance. So, I thought maybe...?

Panel 4: Fine.

Panel 6: My face is timeless. Even forty years ago I looked the same as I do now.

Panel 7: How many Warriors do we have left? / Not enough.

Panel 8: Impossible! Where is Rattlesnake? He did this, he should fix it! / I think it might be as we feared. He was killed in the last fight. Accept it.

Panel 9: We have to hurry. It's started to rain.

Hey! Look! Shading! This will only be present through the tunnel systems. Probably.

wxyl5yy.png
If text is hard to read, you can try zooming in. ^^ Sorry about that.

dtclVJO.png
Butterfly-wings died, if that wasn't clear.

iVWbffh.png
The day I can get the odd shadow out of the corner is the day I'll be happy.

qRU11DD.png
Limited addition white word bubbles.

52nwSbx.png
The cotinuation of the white word bubbles.

LIjXJCi.png
Blunt as ever, Marick.

Still managing to sort of update on time!

5A5ZL0X.png

Remembering where Marick's poison marks are is a pain.

Plddxz1.png

Both Oliva and Tom of the Moor are effected by the Poison, it's just hard to see Oliva's poison mark, as it's in her right eye. Don't ask my where Tom's is, I haven't figured it out yet. Probably lower haunches or underbelly. Now I just have to remember where they are...

HbcicXW.png

Enter Will C. Morgen yet again. Oh yeah... and Larry.

Oliva's the only one talking in this page.

Updating might be harder to do, until my finals are done. ^^ Sorry it's only one page.

uhvv0TW.png

Larry Davis is Tylor Shield's son, if that wasn't clear. He has reasons which have yet to be explained for changing his name.

Two page update! Hopefully will get another 2 pages out before New Years.

mUqC0XP.png

Larry is short. Runs in the family, I guess. He and his dad are both short and fluffy.

By the way. O.O Weird 'sparks'. What could this be?

Xd8IYsZ.png

Percival who?

ZMvwjII.png

Another prisoner?

hlRLbwq.png

Oliva shouts a lot.

Edited by Choppedmint

KpskmXq.png

Just the three most random characters sitting down for a chat.

This is from a crossover RP on another forums, though wasn't actually a 'part' in it. Started way back in Dec and finally finished last week.

The characters are, from left to right, Enjolras (Les Miserables), Myrnin (Morganville Vampires, the only one RPed by me), and Captain Rex (Star Wars: Clone Wars).

Yes, Enjolras' sweater reads Don We Now Our Gay Apparel. No one could probably read it anyway, unless you were there in the RP. Myrnin's sweater is mostly blocked by his hands/arms, but it has a bat on it. Rex's is ... unassuming. I couldn't remember what he had in the RP.

dgVxY2b.png

The WIP from above my comic. Props to those who guess who these two are. I did mention Myrnin was in an interesting crossover RP once. (Not the one mentioned above. Ha, ha.)

Progress!

Then: 9uMuyW7.png to Now: g3mKhb0.png

Headshot: lTOzVGE.png

I just realized I reposted the one with the rain. With the WIP posted after the finished product. Wow, that's confusing but oh well. :P

Hjgqx53.png
Updates still exist! Back to the regular scheduled comic updates, I hope. One page a week. ^^

Doodles as I test out Firealpaca:

kHcD49K.png

If you don't know who this is by now, you haven't been paying attention. XD

tSgepIF.png

My OC Samuel. More about him later. ;) Next post, actually, because I want there to be two posts.

m0ZxHiv.png

Why might I want this in a second post? Because I feel it will get lost otherwise. Props to those who can guess the characters, though if you guess anything other than the 13th Doctor (Doctor Who) and Samuel (see above post) you are wrong. Thank you very much.

If you skip a bit back and read some posts on some art (I got some of Missy in here somewhere) you might remember that I mentioned I have a rather ... odd crossover RP that I do. This came about because I had a very large crossover that was perfectly logical since it took characters from different worlds and placed them in a new setting. Very classic. However, after several things happened, my character that I RPed, we found, had very entertaining interactions with another RPer's characters (both of which were from Doctor Who). Well, they left the RP, but we didn't want to stop roleplaying together and because we liked the character interaction so much, we actually made the two genres/series/whatever you want to call them work within the same universe. I'm still impressed. Anyway, we've been RPing that for a while and several plots later I make them be a test subject for an OC I wanted to write a fic about (which I have written, actually). It got rather cute.The background was just added for irony and artistic interpretation. The actual scene just happened in a stairway and it would have been a really boring background.

Samuel: Twelve year old boy with possible Hispanic ancestry. He has sandy brown hair, slightly tanned skin, and brown eyes. His hair looks like it's unwashed, but not untaken care of. More like he's just forgotten to wash it a couple of days, so it's oily, but brushed. Sticks up in small spikes/cowlicks in the back and top. Wears a white t-shirt with sleeves positioned just below his shoulders. Also has a pair of jeans with turned up cuffs and no shoes. Around his neck is a silver chain necklace with a gold bird charm, warn from being rubbed by his hand so often.

This was done on the flipside of watercolor paper and thus it is warped and trying to fall apart. I intend to redo it later this week. ^^ 

Edited by Choppedmint

Redraw of the above, just so I could have it on watercolor paper that wasn't falling apart:

1lRYBSz.png

A lot more little fire alpaca doodles that aren't the best:

vUKwWl6.png

Ciel from Black Butler. I actually like this picture.

mfQ4Urw.png

Attempt at drawing historic character Arthur Dee and failing horribly. His eyes mess with me.

p3HKicl.png

OC of a friend of mine.

FEWliP7.png

Probably Sam with his red eyes. Testing out shading.

A1f90Ri.png

Failed attempt at drawing 13th Doctor.

Animation tests:

isjDjYo.gif

Animation for this amazing fan fiction. The Lighthouse by Katanaheart

1IMlG5s.gif

Animation of a friend's OC's abilities.

HmAGoYV.gif

Outright a friends OC. cx

wKUDNSC.gif

Fan art for another awesome fan fiction by Searipple101!

Taking requests on Flight Rising:

6ZELE5m.png

Friend's dragon

T9qrTyQ.png

Done for draw that dragon above you.

5JLWAah.png

Flygo72's

Gp4OQLz.png

Toranne's

b2z3cJT.png

ShadmeTheAngel's

HGaJK8Z.png

StormDragon21's

4sIdo8Y.png

WelcomeToKell's

Credit oh that lovely credit. Had to look it all up.