Choppedmint

Choppedmint's Art (12/27)

it's been a while ~! gosh, i think i've said this before, but i absolutely admire your productivity. O: so many comics and interesting arts, both traditionally and digitally !! 

your latest art looks really cool, gives me such nice tavern vibes ~ like just two adventurers chilling while discussing their daily quests or something hehe. what was the intention behind the piece?

and omg i see that nier automata fanart AAAAA please put my boy in a kimono he deserves the world 

@takatsuki

Awww! Thank you so much! :D That means a lot.

I was drawing a scene from one of 'my' RP character's past. He's the one on the right, hair down, for once. The man on the left is Arthur Dee and the place they're both in is Arthur's shop. The setting is around 1604, but I can't say the clothing is completely accurate (I tried my best with the internet). Arthur Dee is the closest thing you'd consider a doctor and the other man is very interested in his studies and ideas (and romantically interested too, but that's another story). They're probably talking about some customer that came that was interesting, since Arthur is looking at a log book.

Heh heh. Yes, you see Nier Automata fan art. A friend of mine has an OC from the universe. But I might be able to get your boy in a kimono if I remember.

Edited by Choppedmint

Imgur is giving me heartache, so hopefully these DA image codes work.Sorry about the awkward signature.

_but_for_you_i_m_already_dead__by_choppe

Arthur Dee again

_and_this_is_the_letter_b__by_choppedmin

Learning ASL

bi_pride_by_choppedmint-dcdhbhl.jpg

Something for Pride month

spiders_are_better_than_cats__by_chopped

"Spiders are better than cats"

forest_of_lights_by_choppedmint-dcfjhme.

Painting

fr_fan_art_by_choppedmint-dcfqy27.png

FR fan art

joule_by_choppedmint-dcfqyic.png

More fan art

muck_by_choppedmint-dcfsv8e.png

See above statement

eros_by_choppedmint-dcft4g7.png

Ditto

Edited by Choppedmint

4 hours ago, Choppedmint said:

@takatsuki

Awww! Thank you so much! :D That means a lot.

I was drawing a scene from one of 'my' RP character's past. He's the one on the right, hair down, for once. The man on the left is Arthur Dee and the place they're both in is Arthur's shop. The setting is around 1604, but I can't say the clothing is completely accurate (I tried my best with the internet). Arthur Dee is the closest thing you'd consider a doctor and the other man is very interested in his studies and ideas (and romantically interested too, but that's another story). They're probably talking about some customer that came that was interesting, since Arthur is looking at a log book.

Heh heh. Yes, you see Nier Automata fan art. A friend of mine has an OC from the universe. But I might be able to get your boy in a kimono if I remember.

anytime ~~ o/

romantically and educationally interested, oho ~ that sounds really interesting! rps are great ways to explore characters/dynamics, i find !!

omg ; _ ; nier automata is so beautiful and everything hurts aaaaa my children 

--

flight rising fanart is always good fanart, lovely to see !! o/ i love the colours on your last work, so light and pretty ! 

20 hours ago, takatsuki said:

anytime ~~ o/

romantically and educationally interested, oho ~ that sounds really interesting! rps are great ways to explore characters/dynamics, i find !!

omg ; _ ; nier automata is so beautiful and everything hurts aaaaa my children 

--

flight rising fanart is always good fanart, lovely to see !! o/ i love the colours on your last work, so light and pretty ! 

I love them both dearly and must resist the urge to write a ... oh, I'm not even sure if it's a fic or not but I guess you could say loosely based novel ... on them. I will give in sooner or later, but I have to work on other things first. So for now ... RP!

I RP a lot and that means I have a thousand and one things I want to draw at any given time. I need eight hands and three heads. Maybe then I'd get it all done.

Hug all the children. They need the hugs.

Thanks! They're mostly 'doodles'. As in 'I put effort into these but I could have put more effort into them so lets just call them doodles' doodles, if you get my meaning. They are so fun to shade/color contrast however.

muwSswn.png

More RP fan art that could pass for non-RP fan art. 

As usual it did have something to do with MV, but for a change of pace not DW as well. Heh heh, this time it was MCU.

Aaaaaaaanyway I'm very proud of it.

It's backlog time! I'm back!

I'm basically updating whenever there's a new release, whoops?

test_by_choppedmint-dci2w9c.jpg

Scene from an RP that I started because I wanted to draw my OC Penny. And it was just the latest thing that was happening in the RP.
Height and perspective his way off because Penny's a small thing and Loki's a beanpole. But that's what ya get. And the table was just me ... doing what I usually do with tables. Pity it has no background (they were in the kitchen at the time) 

page_1_of_something_or_other_by_choppedm

but it was meant to be the very first scene from that DW/MV crossover thingy. Yeah, look, I'm drawing stuff for that again. Just wait, I'm not done victimizing everyone yet.
No, this is not a comic, will never be a comic. If I am motivated, weird, or otherwise  I might make another page.

12th Doctor / TARDIS (c) Doctor Who

Half the times I'm just copying the description off my dA ...

just_a_memory_by_choppedmint-dcjmvn4.jpg

What if you weren't living the life you thought you were ... ?

(c)Arthur's eyebrow arched. "It doesn't happen in my world either. Well, I suppose it does. I'm not sure what it looks like from the outside ... do you know any stories? About ghosts? A girl goes to a dance one night, highlight of her life, and when she dies she just turns up in that ballroom, dancing the same dance with the same people, over and over again? Think of that story from the inside. The girl doesn't remember anything that happened after that dance because for her it hasn't happened yet. She hasn't died yet, the boy she's dancing with hasn't dumped her." Here he winced because okay, this example was a bit close to home. "She hasn't grown old and lived her life. She's just at that dance. The first time, or so she thinks, and it's real to her. She doesn't remember she's relived the same night over and over again because she keeps entering that room and it's all brand new for her. I think ... I think that's me. Only near the end. Where someone's finally told the girl she died seventeen years ago and she's scaring the landlord." He tried not to smile. "You might have that in your world. Myrnin made a joke I didn't get about ghostbusters. I think it was in poor taste, but I couldn't tell."

Camera did a bang-up job of ruining the quality. Please zoom in for better detail.
Anyway, this is a scene from an RP. As in, the above written stuff is. The picture was done several weeks before it was revealed that 'my' character Arthur Dee was - in fact - dead. For a little it was suspected he was a vampire and with the help of several others I really enjoyed the big surprise. Currently in-RP Arthur Dee is favoring his fake life to his actual one and certainly doesn't like the idea that he is slowly fading away and passing on. 
The picture is a dramatic version of what sometimes happens. Arthur is an alchemist (fantasy version) and every time he does anything close to magic-y it rapidly burns away part of his life-force, causing him to begin to disappear. Both the use of magic and time passing is reducing him to a see-through version of himself where he can't feel cold, pain, and no one can touch him. It will only get worse from here.

Arthur Dee (c) Historical character - fictionalized
(Mentioned) Myrnin (c) Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine

house_of_memories_by_choppedmint-dcjpslr

Finished this. Meet my one and only female MV OC (apart from Bell. We do not talk about Bell.)
Penny Goldman, daughter to Marcel and Julius Goldman and I love her. 
The hallway in the Goldman house includes pictures of the family, including her one of her fathers (now dead), an uncle, an aunt, and a good family friend that she never got to meet. Sometimes it is not a pleasant hall to walk. Aurelia (Penny's cousin) took all the pictures. Some of them and unopportune times. Aaron reading and Theo cooking ... badly. Old photos fade into newer photos as you go, but I wanted to show a mix of both. :P

crossover_crossover_by_choppedmint-dckt9

Only I'd draw this.
Alt. Title: My Weird Friends are better than Your Weird Friends
So, the general description I sent out:
Sam's AU and Penny's AU thank GOODNESS doesn't exist within the same RP. But, like, really early on I was just thinking about what would happen if AU Penny ever met AU Sam (in this case at the park). She'd be the first to say anything but sooner or later they'd be off on a 'my weird friends are better than your weird friends' story telling style. Example being: "Well my alien knows magic"

Penny's little end of the crossover is of course the Marvel one and Samuel's is the Doctor Who.

fairylights_by_choppedmint-dcm2mx4.png

I've been sick for a little so haven't been able to work on my latest acrylic painting (spoilers: it's a cityscape of New York ft. my Marvel/MV crossover RP again. Ha ha, what'd you expect?)
Anyway, today I was messing around with one of the favorites folders I 'follow' (i.e. look in every blue moon) and it happens to be fantasy themed. So I'm like 'I want to do something fantasy themed' and here we are. Sick, no access to art materials, but a computer and a mouse and you get this. 

Trying to make my trees look like trees. Specifically a cherry tree. I swear to you I had refs. 

Fun fact: This is the RARE time this art wasn't for some random RP, a request from FR, or my comic. In fact, this might be one of the first that really has nothing behind it. Be impressed. I'm capable of this sort of thing.

new_york_sunrise_by_choppedmint-dcmnkcg.

Ah look. Another canvas painting for an RP. That isn't definable as fan art ... got to love those. XD
Anyway, it's for the Marvel and Morganville RP again. I have no idea what Stark Tower overlooks nor what the inside looks like. I supply the Morganville side of things and am not far enough into MCU to be able to do anything art related accurately (if I need to worry about such things). 
This is just my attempt to use up all these canvases, if I'm honest. So I searched around for something in this RP to paint (because I had the motivation) and figured the annoying sun that woke our characters up (or helped. Penny was much better at helping.) would work. And I'd painted two others that included an impressive light show (Moonlit Forest and that thing with the Aurora) might as well make it three.

Hum ... what to cite ...

New York Ref picture (c) Commonly used desktop wallpaper of New York and sadly I'm unsure of the original owner. Searching New York Sunset is how I got it.

you_could_have_knocked_by_choppedmint-dc

Goes with this: www.deviantart.com/choppedmint…
Julius Goldman. Design subject to change a little. Shown here at the age of about 26 from one of my RPs ha ha. Drew this and the next picture in one sitting and the only thing I regret is that I'm horribly tired today. 
He's hesitating before he knocks on a door and here's a hint ... the idiot never knocked. x.x Julius frustrates me some days. The dummy had one job. But he's often everywhere with his choices and there was a tipping point to go one way or another. And he ended up just staying in front of the door ...
I was tempted to draw some of his thoughts in the background which resulted in the next picture. 
This is a rather recent scene (four days) and pretty much the last one I put up. So nothing much has changed with him and his face is stuck in this position as of late anyway. -.-

I still don't know if I want him to wear his wedding ring or whether he would have taken it off. I think he would have but then I just probably want to draw the wedding ring. X'D

From my Marvel/Morganville Vampires crossover. cx

the_many_hopeless__gingerbread_minds_of_

This was the second picture. Threaten me with a knife before I attempt to draw chibi again. They look like gingerbread men. 
Anyway, this was what I was tempted to draw in the background. It was just supposed to be the top two but then the page just looked empty and I wanted to fill it out.
Usually Julius is of three minds about things. Do it, wait, and completely freeze (aka make no choices). He's so random about which he does that I've taken to random generating his choices. 
The top two are the mains with the ones below them sorted into minor categories of emotions. Tremble, Deer in Headlights, Run Away all go to the anxious guy on the right while Puzzle and Praying is split half and half. Pfft. I wish he'd gone with knocking now, but at the time he went with the middle ground of making both choices at once. Practically just talked through the door.

Goes with this: www.deviantart.com/choppedmint…

Still from my Marvel/MV crossover

___name__birthday_gift__i_guess__by_chop

Twas a birthday gift
I was given a prompt from a different friend for a 'sunset' so that's why the red/orange/yellows. Blue and green are just the characters aesthetics and I wanted to clash a bit with the sunset colors. Part of me also wanted to do fancy designs on the suit but 1) I ran out of time in art class/forgot to and 2) I liked doing the grayscale shading too much. :P

how_we_got_into_this_mess_by_choppedmint

"Instinctively he reached out and caught it, immediately feeling the unnatural warmth of it in the palm of his hand. He knew that feeling, and his magic immediately reached out to try and stop the explosion that he knew this thing was about to produce.

Unfortunately, that didn’t quite work."

Ah look. More fan art. Also, more dramatized art. cx This time I actually wrote down what part it comes from, for a change. This is also a bit recent in said RP. I loved trying to do it in colored pencil. Apart from possibly marker/pen it's my least favorite medium, so I liked trying to challenge myself. 
Obsidian is impossible to draw. That's what the cube was made of/looked like.
Yes, it's Loki again. I suppose I should mention that, now shouldn't I? I was a bit lazy, if I'm honest, on exact anatomy and making him look his age. And yes, it's still from my crossover.

Coloring is my camera's fault. It still is making it all ... weird.

Loki (c) Marvel Cinematic Universe

in_a_bed_too_empty_by_choppedmint-dcnvf8

Coming back from the dead it's ... my digital art! Wooh! I can't still draw humans on a computer. Er ... I still greatly struggle to do so but I'm working on it.
Per the usual I'm still pleased with the hair. The hair is something I'm constantly pleased with. Still trying to work towards improvement. A Lot of reference pictures were used. 

Aaaaaaanyway. This is Julius. You've recently met him in a lot of my latest art. 
This is very probably a scene from directly after Marcel died. Clarification, if you have no clue who that is, that would be Julius' husband. My one and only short story includes them both and that gives you a bit of an idea. 
Pre-whatever RP/storyline I'm using him in.
Mostly drawn while in class. Does that make me a bad student? XD

sam__for_once__is_cheerful_and_needs_a_h

Ha ha. Callback to my DW/MV crossover.
Though it's been on pause for a bit. This is Sam. Star themed background as usual, though I doubt that's Earth's moon. Sam's gone without a haircut for ages but there's been bigger worries. Anyway, he's happy for once. cx

Samuel (c) My vampire OC

i'm always amazed how nicely you tie writing / creating into your art : D (have i said this before? i feel like i have ???) 

always nice to see fresh minty works whenever i pop back from hiatus !! keep drawing ~~ 

As I wonder through my own art:

Logically, that picture of Samuel should be flipped because the light is on the wrong side from where the moon is.

BUT HEY it's a moon on a planet other than earth. I'll just say that it doesn't produce light. That works, right? XD

Hello, hello dear Weiss! It always pleases me to see you comment. :)

Oh yes, I love to draw things from what I write, especially if it is related to an RP. Probably because I then have at least one person I know will for sure want to see it. And no, I don't believe you've said that before. I appreciate it!

I'm actually impressed that you seem to time your return from hiatus the same times that I do. XD

inktober__1__a_character_by_choppedmint-

You might have noticed this isn't classic Inktober. That's because it isn't. It's from this: t9cWZ4f.png
Mutters several things in varying order:
1. Should not have seen that alternate Inktober prompt list
2. I dislike working with pen. 
3. I do like crosshatching
4. And that's Julius, because I imagine it's hard to tell.
5. Inktober's the first thing that I'm kicking out of October if I get too busy
6. And apparently I've chosen Julius as my test subject and I'm not completely sure why other than the fact that he and Penny are the two characters I'm leaning on. And I drew a lot of Penny when I was on vacation two months back.
7. I've previously noted Julius doesn't really do shorts. //shrugs

I may drop Inktober midway through because October is crazy, ha ha. >.<

inktober__2__their_love_interest_s__by_c

Takes up from my last drawing, so these are Julius' significant others. Marcel, his husband, is in the upper picture. Marcel died two years ago (if we go from the RP I'm currently in). Marcel was quite the artsy person, yes he was. I'm not sure if I like his current design. It might change. And ye, the other is Loki. Very perceptive. Didn't think that I kept drawing him because he was a little side character, did you? (He's actually my RP partner's main character. I'm still wondering if Julius just ended up with him because he was the only 'free' character I've ever RPed. I never intend to ask because it ruins the mystery.) I will not draw another bookcase. It's been too soon since I drew Myrnin's lab. So, this is my last bookcase (watch me draw another one in the next week. >.< )
The pictures were taken by Aurelia. She probably had to stand on a chair to get that angle. The pictures then get put up on the Goldman wall. 

These were finished yesterday and I have, in fact, been drawing more bookcases. However could I have guessed?

Edited by Choppedmint
typo