Choppedmint

Choppedmint's Art (12/27)

What life? I just draw all day.

inktober__3__their_pet_by_choppedmint-dc

My non-conventional Inktober continues. This is a cat that the character (Julius) is completely unaware he's gotten yet.
The bit on the side is something his daughter, Penny, said. It's a bit of a long story, but she was kind of blackmailing him about the fact that if they got a cat than he would need to clean his room since that would be where the cat would be spending most of its time. And Penny's the sort of character that if you say yes to her about something than she never lets it go. She also decided that they needed to get an orange tabby with green eyes. She was very specific about that. :P

inktober__4__their_home_by_choppedmint-d

Julius' House a day earlier than I'm supposed to have done it. The page was in my notebook (they all are) but the page was curved a bit in the middle so the line looks ... bent up at the top, but it really isn't. And the attempt at carpet in the living room flopped. Julius' room is still messy. And you can see the skinny, small window in the kitchen. XD
That was fun though!
I promised not to draw another bookcase, if you remember ... XD So of course I had to draw a lot of very detailed little bookcases two days after I said not again.

So, for all those who don't hang over my shoulder:
(from left to right, bottom to top)
Living room (Myrnin once slept a whole month on the couch when he had to guard someone), Aurelia's room (she has a ton of pictures on her wall. That's her profession), Aaron's room (you can't see it, but I did draw his graphing table in there. His room looks like a hotel's and very impersonal), Aaron's and Aurelia's parent's room (this is the Goldman house. Most are vampires. Aurelia and Aaron are stuck in their pre-teens). Then the next line is still the first floor. On the far left is part of the converted garage. This used to be Julius and Marcel's room, but after Marcel died Julius really couldn't sleep there anymore. Then there's the staircase and the hallway out to the second garage. The kitchen with a door into the side yard. Julius and his boyfriend's room (it's the messy one), and next to his Theo and Patience's room. Another hall with another door to the outside world and just visible is a corner of the guest room.
Upstairs on the fair left is an unnamed Human's room, the bathroom next to that, and another unnamed human's room. The corner of Penny's (Julius and Marcel's daughter) room is just visible on the right.

I actually do still have a WIP from my DW/MV crossover ... I just haven't touched it in 4 months. Ha ha?

I have too many WIPs. Over 10, I think. Digital and traditional combined. Hopefully tomorrow I can reduce that number and still get ahead in Inktober (and write and do my schoolwork and RP and apply for a job and ... etc.) I almost have a digital animation done!

inktober__5__their_job_by_choppedmint-dc

Oh look. I did Penny this time! So, yes, I'm posting these early. I'm cheating.  Penny after she tried to get into Julius' room, very clearly. He used his briefcase as a doorstop again. And I played with the border. No longer are we constrained by simple word bubbles! This was a lazy drawing done for funnsies. The background was an after-thought
Julius is an accountant. 

inktober__6__their_favorite_outfit_by_ch

Loosely used day 4's house-map as a reference, but Julius' messy room is always changing a bit, so the mess shifted. This is the answer key to some unmade find-the-item game. Julius is ... everywhere. Shoes (and monster, I got weird. Or maybe it's the cat) under the bed are pretty usual. The pants, shirt, socks, and coat move all over the place. The watch band doesn't move. He sets it there when he goes to bed and puts it on again in the morning. Maybe because it's actually important that he find it again (the man lost his glasses though ... so ... ) He often can't find the socks. He does have a place for his work clothing and that stays were it's supposed to. His around-the-house wear not so much. He probably isn't even the one who made sure the coat was in the dresser. It was probably Loki. :P
I lost ideas for mess near the end so down in the bottom right corner there's some of Penny's toys. My inspiration was passing a traffic cone while driving and figured it should go with a train set. Ha ha. -.-
This looks like my friend's college dorm room.

inktober__7_and__8__their_sibling_and_pa
Julius' sister. And this is me getting lazy, because I combined it with his parents. 
Shading experiment. 
Julius doesn't talk much to his sister. Not for any great reason, but they are both just very distant. So all news filters through his mother.
Had more fun doing the text border (ignore the smudge) than the picture itself.

inktober__9__their_hobby_by_choppedmint-
Julius is probably a lot younger here?
He used to garden, so Marcel just bundled up sometimes and looked bedraggledly out the window at him. Julius took pity and planted flowers that bloomed at night, though any vegetables were out of luck.   He no longer has a garden and thus no longer has a hobby. The poor boy.

inktober__10__their_favorite_food_by_cho
Never doing this angle without refs. A LOT OF REFS.
But I just eyeballed it, so everything looks awkward. But otherwise it's okay.
Julius doesn't really have a favorite food. Just anything he didn't make. So he really likes going out to restaurants or watching other people cook ( + chatting while they do it).
Don't ask me who he's eating with. Maybe Marcel. And either it's a misty day or he's dreaming.

inktober__11__their_squad_by_choppedmint
I lost motivation for this one. 
Michael is a vampire who knows Myrnin. Supported Julius when he started dating Marcel and visa versa. Then Julius' daughter Penny. And his nephew-in-law Aaron, who Julius likes to be snarky with.

inktober__12__them_as_a_kid_by_choppedmi
Probably Julius' mom talking. 
And Julius' sister probably pushed him into the pool.

inktober__13__their_favorite_place_to_be
Not really his favorite place. It's the kitchen, by the way. Julius just likes to hang around places he can talk to people.

inktober__14__their_social_media_account
He doesn't really have accounts. Morganville isn't big on letting you places on the internet. It's like permanently high school internet.
Sometimes watches YouTube.

inktober__15__what_s_in_their_bag_by_cho
Julius doesn't do anything neatly until he gets to work. And then he still has to fish the random junk out.

inktober__16__their_biggest_fear_by_chop
Julius is afraid of losing people he cares about.

inktober__17__them_when_they_re_old_by_c
I don't draw old people. I make badly done age jokes.
A lot of the adults are also probably taller than Julius.
Don't ask how he's in snow. Vacation from Texas.

inktober__18__how_they_met_their_love_in
A thousands curses on bendy paper. Marcel's face looks so squished. 
Anatomy was attempted. Shading didn't succeed.
I never said they met either interestingly ... 

inktober__19__their_favorite_music_by_ch
Height failed
And Julius looks like he has a nose bleed.

inktober__20__their_average_morning_by_c
Penny has no concept of time so of course wakes up Julius at the earliest possible hour.
The electric clock is something Julius loathes some days.

inktober__21__plushie_by_choppedmint-dcp
I did not do the prompt that I was supposed to do today. It involved HP crossover stuff, randomly, and I instead asked some others what to replace it with. Ginger-bread Julius makes a more accurate reappearance.

inktober__22__their_guilty_pleasure_by_c
I mentioned the anatomy thing? Julius probably just forgets to throw them away. And by that, he ends up putting them in the same area.

inktober__23_their_favorite_activity_wit
Once again he does various things that just means he spends time with other people. For someone who doesn't particularly read very often (though still enjoys to) he picked up when he met Loki.

Me? Update late?
Hah hah never. X')

Here's the remaining days!

inktober__24_their_sleeping_position_by_

This failed on so many levels. Penny's eye before I attempted to cover it with hair and general face anatomy.

inktober__25_their_biggest_fight_by_chop

I'm slightly pleased with this. Hunting right on humans, Draug, Daylight Foundation, and vampires unable to marry humans. (Then the general world who said two men can't either, since Julius and Marcel did not live in a state where they could legally get married.)

inktober__26_their_fondest_memory_as_a_c

Failed here too. My old pen died. So this was me trying to learn to use a new one. Julius doesn't really have favorites so much as a collation. So I just picked something.

inktober__27_them_as_a_movie_character_b

This one I'm pleased with. Near the end I was going through the prompts randomly, so this was actually the last I did. 4th wall gains at least one crack as Julius 'dresses up as a movie character' that technically exists in his world. This is of course saying Julius wouldn't collapse under the weight of all that armor.

inktober__28_their_favorite_shoes_socks_

Old beat up shoes. Nothing much to say other than it used the old pen. Not his favorite socks. Just the ones he could find.

Originally I wrote 'their favorite shows/shocks'

inktober__29_their_quirk_by_choppedmint_

Someone wanted a hot pink one. Thus we get the above view of Julius' room.

inktober__30_them_pulling_faces_by_chopp

I was lazy. I admit.

inktober__31_all_characters_together_by_

More quote then picture. //shrugs// No one in said picture is of actual blood relation to Julius, heh heh. I mentioned being lazy?

Just so no one thinks less of me, the last day I ACTUALLY drew was the one with Julius dressed as Loki and I did a few others in the 20-29s after I did this.

Aaron (c) mostly mine but some Rachel Caine

Sleipnir (c) based on Norse mythology but an OC of a friend 

Loki (c) MCU

Julius (c) Mine

Michael (c) Rachel Caine

Penny (c) Mine

God Eater (c) That's the cat and no one can own a cat.

Actually, I might as well explain the fact that Aaron named the cat to mock Loki.

deity_of_the_dawn_by_choppedmint_dcq6qxb

For starters, this is NOT my character. This good bean is owned by Iownfish ( www.deviantart.com/iownfish ) (is there a way to tag? Something like that? I'm not sure.) and I attacked them during Art Fight but was very unsatisfied with what I attacked with. This is my long promised IOU and I said that it would (I at least would find it ) more impress. 

Story time! So I started this in Art Class (pencil outline) and had no idea where it was going to go. So I've basically taken them, once again, into what appears to be another fandom. In this case a deity of the dawn. Colors hopefully are all good. There are some dark tones for the 'night that is passing' and that's why the star for an eye. Then we have the sun disk and general fire themes and a floaty disk thing with made up ruins.

This would also be the art piece I did in my class. Because when I say I'm going to do something I go to weird lengths to do so? I started this class by sometime doing art on my computer while listening to lectures. Then this month I needed to do Inktober so I ended up bringing in my sketchbook to do it. I was talking to a friend and they said 'next you'll be bringing in a canvas and painting'. Sooooo guess what? So today in class I set up a small art studio on my desk. XD A set of watercolor paints, a couple brushes that were stuck in with my pencils, and a water bottle was used, along with my all media form notebook.

The only comment I got in class was one of my peers came up to me after class and asked if I'd seriously just painted all of that in class. cx

playing_with_fire_by_choppedmint_dcq6x43

Loki again. Present for a friend.

she_corners_loki_for_story_time_whenever

When I'm angry with my computer I apparently draw trees. Loki is telling Penny a story. This has been a WIP for about two-three months? Glad it's finally done.
For two of those trees I was sitting outside my classroom bored out of my mind so I just copied the trees onto the paper. :P The rest were just 'let me just make em up'. I always love drawing Penny's hair. I have so few long haired characters (well ... that aren't tying it back in pony-tails). I had three hours trying to get my computer to work and I off and on finished that, so it probably took about an hour.

trees_by_choppedmint-dcraw5r.png

Birthday gift for someone called Morrigan. ^^

will_ref_sheet_by_choppedmint-dcrjhb0.pn

For no one who knows, Will is a character in my (semi)Warriors comic, Poisoning the Sea. 

Fur: grey with brown paws, tail tip, ears, chest, and cheek fur.
Eyes: green (some of my descriptions say purple, so to nod to that, this ref has both)
Nose: pink (and I didn't do a bubble color for that. Very sorry. x.x)

Done in Firealpaca because I needed a better ref for submitting for a cameo appearance. 

qlr15c3penhno7fe_by_choppedmint-dcsip8t.

My lazy gif of an OC.

the_sheep_dog_by_choppedmint-dcsiphf.png

A friend's dog

vanta_by_choppedmint-dcskvge.png

A friend's OC

maladict___coffee_by_choppedmint-dct03kh

Maladict from Terry Pratchett's Discworld!

maladict___christmas_by_choppedmint-dct0

maladict_by_choppedmint_dct045d-pre.jpg

Hogswatch themed!

theo_by_choppedmint_dcu72xo-fullview.png

An attempt at drawing Theo Goldman from Morganville Vampires. I a) got his hair color wrong and b) this is from an after-the-series RP. So he got blinded recently.

wow your art looks great 😮 
me and my friend really love this anime called hetalia, and we would love it if you did art of the magic trio, ive attached a image to this post, but if you wanna look up more pictures the characters from left to right are Romania, England/Great Britain/United Kingdom, and Norway

Magic Trio.jpg

@TemmieFlakes

Well, there actually wasn't any progress, but I started the WIP so I'd have something to show.

What with the New Year being here, I'm very busy. This probably wont be finished until next week. But here's what I have so far. WIP subject to change, but 

from left to right it's still Romania, England/Great Britain/United Kingdom, and Norway. If you or your friend would like something in the background, I can add it. ^^

sbiXPGv.png

If you are still doing requests, could I please see a drawing of this character:

The Mustache Man (Merritill)

As a child, his name was Merritill. His friends called him Merry, because of how reckless and naive and joyful he was. How childish he was. But as time went on, Merritill grew colder and sadder and older. With each year, he became sadder and sadder. He dropped the name of Merritill so that he would not have to be reminded of what he had lost, what he had left behind.

Childhood.

Throughout the years, he had also developed a mustache. This mustache grew and grew, longer and longer, until he decided to cut the ends off. Thinking that he had nothing better to do and might as well find something to fill the dull hole of life, he grabbed a very thin sewing needle and fine thread. He took the thick, coarse hairs from the mustache, washed them, and started to sew them together. 

When he had finished, he stared blankly at his creation: a mustache. He put it down and walked out of the room, returning with a small silver tray on a cart. Placing the mustache on the cart, he walked slowly outside, into the cold, grey city. People gawked and stared. He ignored them. He continued to do this practice for many years, earning him the name of Mustache Man.

Appearance: Medium length grey hair that is falling out, an old brown suit, sad eyes. His expression is always either blank ir sad.

Or, on a happier note, you could do Coffin, a happy-go-lucky, cheerful young black marrow dragon.

Thank you!!

Woah! I love your drawings and digital art! I’m always fascinated by everyone’s takes on the inktober prompts.