SkySong278

A Knight's Story

"Second floor, down the hall on the right. " He huffed struggling up the stairs leaning on the handrail and her for support. "Keep your dad close then. I hate not being able to protect you, but I don't think I can take any more lashes. I already had some from when he arrived upset because I took the quest without notifying him first." He painted when they reached his floor. "At this rate, I'd be a cripple by the time I reach mid twenties... There's just.. no getting away from him.." He mutters.

----

"The garden, I'd like to look at my favorite flowers. How did you know i liked lilacs? I only told you my favorite color!" He grinned. Then it fades. "It would be better to talk in privet too. I... have something I'd like to tell you. I don't know how you wold react to it. However, i am looking forward to wearing those new dresses tomorrow. I have to say, you have a fine eye for the modern fashions with a modest taste. "

"Okay and my dad or Cody if my dad's not close enough to whatever my current location might be later if he ends up coming after me," Alex said in reply to his first few statements before focusing more on helping him up the stairs until they arrived at the top of them and on the second floor. "They sound like they hurt. I hope these current injuries you have will heal correctly so that you won't be a cripple around that time. Someone needs to put him in his place so that he doesn't continue doing this to you; maybe my dad because I think he knew your dad when they were in training. I don't like seeing you like this," all this she said in reply to his last few statements as she walked with him down the hallway.

-~-~-

"Okay and your sister told me," Cody said in reply to his first statement and question before hearing everything else he said while leading the way to the gardens. "I'm curious as to what you'd like to tell me. I can't wait to see you in them and thank you; I've been shopping with my mom and sister often enough to see what are good enough fashions to wear for ladies nowadays."

He nodded in response, conserving his breath. Once down and into his room he struggled to get off the jacket and vest. Asking her for continued assistance until it was just his pants and bandages before he tenderly crawled into the bed, laying on his belly. "Thank you. " He whispers reaching out for her hand and kissing it tenderly once more. "I didn't want you to see me this way either. But.. you were right. You may see me like this at later times. I doubt that would work though. Good night my lady. " He gave her a half sleepy smile before squeezing her hand and then letting go.

---

"She did? I must speak to her later. I'd rather give information about myself and receive some about you in return then you knowing all about me and I nothing about you." He said as they left the bustle and noise to the sound of nature and peace of the plants around them. "They made you into a fine gentleman that any lady would be very lucky to have. Speaking of.. I've heard the ladies of my group speaking before the ball, and they were wondering if you where available to court. Well, they were talking about getting you and Zane to court them, but he made it obvious he is interested in only my sister, so one of my good friends wished to know if.. you would want to date them?...." He said looking at the flowers, carefully testing the waters.

Alex saw that he was having trouble with getting his jacket and vest off and started to help him before he asked her for continued assistance in getting them off. "You're welcome," she said in reply with a small smile after he had kissed her hand. "I sometimes am right and it's worth a try, right? Cody's dad could always adopt you and maybe he could keep your dad at bay. Good night." All this she said in reply to the rest of his statements before he squeezed her hand and she left him to sleep. She closed the door softly behind her and then headed back downstairs where she had left her and Avery's dad, told him that she was going to bed, and asked if he could walk her there in case Zane's dad came after her. He nodded and then they went to her room together, he kissed her good night, and then he went back downstairs while she got ready for bed. When the mask and dress were hung up in the closet and the closet doors were closed, she got into bed, blew out the candle, and then fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

-~-~-

"I asked her so it's my fault. She was only trying to help. I could always tell you something about me now while we're out here and have some time to ourselves. I'm glad they did that because it turned out to be a good thing for the present. I am available to court but I'm only interested in the person that's currently with me now," Cody said in reply to his statements and question he said and asked as he looked over at him.

Zane's father was in the hall as Marcus walked away from her room. "I know that you have twins, one boy and one girl. The one in red, I know she was your daughter Marcus. My son lost to a woman! And that other one, how can you let your only son dress like that? He's a freak!" He shouted with a snarl. "That girl will never be a knight if I have something to do about it, control your children or I will for you."

((Because we all need drama))

------

Avery flushed pink but hid it with his fan in front of his face. Still testing the waters. He wanted to be absolutely sure that Cody liked him. For him. Even if he was a boy in drag. He looked around them. "Oh? And what woman has that pleasure of keeping you company?" He asked waiting for an answer.

((I apologize. my sister-in-law gave birth to my first nephew over the weekend and I was excited before hanging out with a friend and got sidetracked from needing to post in here))

Marcus glared at Zane's dad, a fellow trainee of his from when he himself was training to be a knight, when he heard everything that the former said. "He wants to dress that way and I let him because that's his choice. As for my daughter, I'm going to make sure that she gets to become a knight. It's always what she's wanted and I would be proud of her to be the first female knight, and not only in history, but in my family line. Zane didn't lose to her; he forfeited and if you had been listening to what he said about if he didn't do that then they would have continued for awhile and there wouldn't've been a victor because they're evenly matched. If you touch my children or tell them what to do, I'll make sure that your reputation is ruined," he said in reply all with the glare still on his face.

((that's fine smile.gif))

-~-~-

"You're the only one here so you and you're the one I'm currently talking to," Cody said in reply before leaning in and moving the fan out of the way before he kissed him both softly and gently on the lips. He then pulled away shortly afterward and looked into his eyes.

Edited by SkySong278

((Oh that's okay! Congrats on becoming a aunt! It's the best thing in the world, enjoy them when they're little, because it would seem all to fast when that baby boy becomes a hyperactive toddler! xd.png))

"Forfeiting is the same as losing. Ha! You ruin my reputation? You have no connections, you couldn't do anything to me if you tried. You can't be around your children all the time. You are no threat to me. " He huffed and whirled around, striding away. "Take that wretch out of training now, boy. " He spat. "If you don't, you'll regret it. " He headed back to the ballroom.

----

Avery was as red as the roses behind him. He was entirely still as the marbled Cupid up top of a bubbling fountain behind Cody. His blue eyes were wide and bright with the joy he felt. "I... I would like to-" he whispered breathlessly. His eyes then glazed over and he wobbled. He didn't realize that he hadn't taken a breath the whole time. He wobbled again, then swooned with the grace of a lady. He fanned himself after a brief moment of being out taking deep breaths. "A bit of a shock... I thought.. I thought...." He looked up at Cody through his lashes. "I would very much like it if we could.. court each other... "

((thanks smile.gif and I'll keep that in mind. they live in Colorado and I'm in Georgia so I won't see him until they come to visit or I go visit them which I'll be doing over Memorial Day weekend so I'm excited))

Marcus huffed at Zane's dad's back after the conversation had stopped and then continued to glare at his back until he was out of sight. He then turned his attention to Alex's room when he heard the sounds of sniffing and trying hard to stop crying coming from behind the closed door. He went over to it, knocked softly to let her know that he was coming in, then opened the door and closed it again afterward before he went over to her bed to hold and comfort her until she was done crying. He then told her that they wouldn't leave to head back home until after the ball would be under full swing so that way she would have time to talk to Zane about the situation before they would leave. She nodded and then went back to sleep and he left and closed the door behind him quietly before he went back down to the ballroom but avoided Zane's dad.

-~-~-

Cody smiled a bit at Avery when he heard what the former started to say but then it faded a bit to be replaced with concern as he watched him start to faint. He caught him before he fell on the ground and then helped him up before he started to fan himself and as he heard the rest of what he said. "You thought what? I'll be happy to do that after both of our training is done and also after I ask your dad if it would be okay for me to do that," he asked and said in reply with the smile now back on his face.

Edited by SkySong278

"Of course you should ask my father before. " He said, easing to his feet. "I thought you wouldn't... want to be with a guy. I'm glad you do though. " Avery said softly in response to his question.

((Skip a while? You choose how long... but let's have the trainer not wanting to send of Alex... for drama purposes.))

((okay. should one of our characters tell him what gender she actually is and maybe get a group of other trainees together to support her?))

"I'm bi but I'm more interested in guys than girls," Cody said in reply with the smile still on his face.

((thought I'd reply to your post as Avery first before the ts. maybe a week ts?))

((okay to all smile.gif. posted the other rp by the way. I'll post my forms for my wolf chars tomorrow and add the pictures to those then as well))

Two weeks have gone by now since the confrontation between Alex's dad and Zane's and when she told the trainer that she was going back home, he persuaded her to stay while also saying that she shouldn't worry about Zane's dad right now. She was still a bit worried, but felt a little better nonetheless about the issue. She was currently outside in the training yard, training with some of the other trainees while also teaching them the moves she had used the first day of the tournaments and balls that followed.

-~-~-

Cody was also outside in the training yard, watching Alex with the other trainees off to the side near the fence. He was also writing a letter to Avery who was back at the convent so that's why he wasn't currently training with anyone at the moment. He would, though after he was done writing.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane only told two others of her secret. With him and Cody, then Alex, they made up the top five of the class. Zane was waiting for his turn to learn some of her moves when a voice made his blood run cold.

"I'm training this class today. I will not leave until I do so." Came a deep rugged voice of his father.

"But sir, you're not expected until a fortnight. " the instructor pleaded.

"It's a surprise test. Now I want you to show me what you got. ....boy.." he pointed at Alex and snarled the word like it sickened him to say it.

Alex was about ready to show Zane the moves that he was interested in learning that she had beat him with when she heard the voice that she couldn't forget; Zane's father. She visibly paled for a few minutes or so before she got herself under control and then turned to face him when he acknowledged her. She nodded even though she was a bit nervous, but tried not to show it. She even dared not to look at Zane as she got into the en garde positon. She then started off with her infamous butterfly sweep and then a twist that led to a swipe from the right towards his midsection. She knew that he would probably find that to be a bit unorganized but she also didn't care what his father thought of her.

Edited by SkySong278

He blocked it, grabbed her wrist and threw her down on the ground. "Novice moves. Pathetic. Again. " He growled. Zane and another grabbed their swords as his father jammed his blade in the earth beside her, cutting her hair. "Get up! " he ordered and took his stance again. "You boys move again and you all would have to run until dinner." 3 He snarled.

Alex's head hit the ground hard when Zane's dad threw her to the ground but hid the pain well when she was told to get up. I need to do better, she thought to herself as his attention went to Zane and the other trainee that had moved to help her. While he was focused on them, she tried to sneak up on him and take his legs out from under him but if that didn't work she tried a few different swings of her sword towards his midsection and head with a few twists while also trying to dislodge his sword.

Zane's father didn't let up on her. Hitting her stomach, her back and then socked her in the face. Once more his blade came down however this time it was blocked. Zane stood in front of her, fuming. "You yellow bellied cowered! Hit me, punish me but don't you ever touch her again! " he shouted. Both father and son swung their swords at each other, in a flurry of movement.

Alex tried to get up after every hit that Zane's father gave to each of the body parts he hit, stomach, back and face, but after he hit her in the face she slid across the ground a few inches and didn't want to get up right away because her side hurt somewhat due to a bruise that had appeared. She was about to block the former's sword with her own when Zane suddenly appeared in front of her and blocked it with his sword. She was surprised at the amount of rage that he showed when he practically yelled at his father. As they fought each other, she got up with the help of one of their fellow trainees and then went over to the instructor and asked if she could be excused. He nodded and she went back inside the castle to go to the medic's room, asking for a cloth of ice to put on her face and she was given one. After she had gotten it, she went to the stables and gave some attention to Spot while letting the tears fall down her cheeks at the pain she was feeling from her injuries.

Edited by SkySong278

A cry of rage was followed by one eerily similar cry of agony, clangs of swords and shouting from the other students. "Did you fools not realize that a woman was among you?! Being in a castle full of young men, how loose can a woman get? And to have my blood defend such a wench is insulting!" His father roared. He had broken Zane's wrist and sliced open his shirt, where a thin line stretched from right shoulder to left hip. It would leave a thin scar, but wasn't fatal. Zane however did a number on his father. The man's beard had blood matting it from his nose and lip, when he sneered he was missing a tooth. He limped like his foot got stomped on and he held his side gingerly.

Zane's father fixed his eyes on Cody. "And you! You knew as well, and that wretch's deceitful, grotesque, freak, of a brother of hers! " he yelled and started limping towards Cody, the instructor and students helped Zane and stood in the way of his path. "Sir Dominique Sanchez, you have overstayed your welcome here. I insist you leave now before I call the guards."

Alex had calmed down a bit where she no longer had any tears falling down her cheeks and was now brushing Spot down and giving him an apple.

Cody had watched while Sir Dominique hurt Alex and had wanted to help but when the former had told Zane and another trainee not to interfere, he thought that it would be best if he didn't interfere either. He then watched her go after she had been beaten countless times by him before his friend stepped in to help her before ending up yelling at him and taking over the fight afterward. He got concerned yet again when he saw the injuries on Zane but then held his ground when Dominique made his way towards him. He would have answered but didn't want to then glared at him when the latter was told to leave. "I would do what the instructor told you and leave before you're forcefully removed. You're not welcome here," he said after a little while with the glare still on his face after moving to be standing next to Zane and the other trainees.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane lifted his blade with one hand and pointed it at Dominique along with the others. "You will hear from me boy, how dare you raise your blade against your father.." He spat blood at his son. Zane didn't flinch. "I'm not your son anymore. Tyler, please go get the buckskin Arabian out of the stable. That's sir Dominique's stallion. He still should be saddled." Zane said calmly, red eyes never wavering from his father.

Once the horse was retrieved, Dominique mounted glared at the trainer and the boys before whipping his horse's flank and taking off. Zane didn't hesitate. He dropped his sword and, cradling his hand, ran over to the stables ignoring the pleas to see the nurse first. "Alex!" He called, voice proceeding before him. He rounded the stable door a moment later. "Alex, are you okay? I'm sorry I'm so, so sorry.. I promised you..." Zane strode to Spot's stall reaching out with tear filled eyes. The heat radiating off his fingers could be felt the injured part of her face, close, but hovering like he was afraid to cause more harm. "I'm sorry, I promised you I'd protect you from him... that I won't let him lay a finger on you. I should have stopped him before he started... I'm sorry mi reina I'm so sorry.." He started sobbing uncontrollably.

Alex was just finishing up brushing Spot when she heard Zane's voice come from around the corner of the stable. A few minutes later she saw him coming quickly towards her and when he was in front of her she said in reply to his question and trailed off statements that he kept apologizing in, "I'm fine and it's okay. He didn't let you interfere or if you had you would have had to run until dinner. Are you okay and is he gone?" She then hugged him both gently and carefully because she could tell he was injured with a light gash that ran from his right shoulder to his left hip and that his wrist was also broken so she tried not to jostle it. "Are the instructor and rest of the class mad that I lied to them and will they let me stay? If not, I may have to leave later this evening. Also what does mi reina mean?"

-~-~-

Cody also held out his sword with the tip of it pointing towards Dominique with the rest of the trainees and Zane before the former mounted his horse and left. He then had his sword point to the ground before he sheathed it again and then went back over to where he left his unfinished letter to Avery. He finished it off with the incident that had occurred between Alex and Zane's father but also made sure to add that she was fine and would heal but would be a bit sore and stiff for a few days. He also added that the rest of the class now knew what she was, but that they might still let her stay after what had just happened. After he finished writing, he made sure to seal the envelope, address it to the convent, and then gave it to the messenger so that he could see to it that it got delivered to the correct place.

Edited by SkySong278

"I don't care what they think. If they kick you out, I'll train you myself. You will become a knight. There's no laws or rules against it." He growled between sobs. "I'm fine, I've been in worse pain because of him. I don't give a damn if he made me run, I wouldn't have listened, and he knows I'm used to it. " He sniffles. "He's gone. He's gone mi reina hermosa, mi amore I swear I'll protect you. This will not happen again." He said lightly touching the injury and then kissing it lightly, as if he could take the pain away like that. He ignored her last question, simply holding her when his good arm and sobbing into her shoulder.

-----

When Avery got the letter, he started crying. He quickly sent a letter to his father, using the wording Cody used to describe what happened with Zane's dad before asking for help for his sister, knowing the woman was too stubborn to seek it for herself.

"They'll probably let me stay after what happened but I don't want to assume anything until I know that for sure. I wouldn't mind if you took over my training in case they happen to not let me stay. I rather like the idea of you protecting me but no doubt Cody has sent word to Avery about what had happened and then the latter in return has sent word to my dad and he'll be sending me even more protection. If you're fine, why are you sobbing? What if he comes back?" Alex said and asked in reply to everything that Zane said before feeling him lightly kiss her cheek injury and him holding her close while he continued to sob. Her tears started up again but not because she was worried about him or that he was injured; it was because her back and side bruises were starting to hurt a bit more.

-~-~-

Cody watched Zane go to the stables to be with Alex before he turned his attention to be on the instructor. "Will you let her stay here to continue training or will she be kicked out?" he asked him curiously while also being a bit worried as well of what he'd say.

-~-~-

Marcus got Avery's letter regarding Alex being injured by Dominique and immediately went outside to talk to the guards there. He sent two of his best back to the castle to help protect his daughter if Zane, Cody, or himself weren't there to protect her from another attack.

Edited by Dragonpelt

He let her go and rubbed his eyes. " I'm crying because I couldn't protect you. If he comes back I'll stop him I swear." Zane said he pulled out a tissue and dabbled at her eyes, wiping away her tears.

----