SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“Oh okay; I guess the same would’ve happened to me if I had tried to do the same. I would’ve hated being there for sure. I don’t think he would’ve told them, but I’m also glad he let you stay there. I was surprised myself when he told me his decision about letting you stay at the convent. Yes he does,” she said in reply to everything he said and asked while blushing a bit before hearing the last thing he said. “Maybe I did.”

~*~•~*~

Cody nodded when he saw Zane’s motion for both him and Edward to stay where they were while he went and got the boar’s attention.

He then waited patiently where he was hiding for both his brother and the animal they were hunting to come their way for a minute and a half and when they did come, he got his bow and got an arrow ready. After Edward hit the boar in both the shoulder and lung with a crossbow bolt, he fired at Zane’s prompting and hit it in the chest before throwing a dagger that lodged in its heart. The animal slowed and then fell a few inches in front of both him and Edward. “That sure was a difficult target to bring down,” he said after he had retrieved both his dagger and arrow from the boar’s body.

"I wonder if I would find any scars on Cody after my wedding.." Avery said slyly with a smirk. He laughed at his sister's reaction. "You are too innocent dear sister! " 

---

Zane tied a kerchief around his leg to stop the bleeding. "Yeah... But look at the spot  it came from.. there's something it was trying to get at." He said pointing to the brush. Using his bow as a crutch he lead the two others to the spot he found the boar and pointed to a shimmer in the air. It looked like smoke from an angle however it shimmered a light blue over a particular pale stone the beast was obviously rooting at. "It looks like magic... But Avery said I shouldn't touch anything with magic I don't know about. " He looks at Cody. "Star the dragon had magical artifacts in her cave. Some I just got distracted by and he smacked me a good one. Have you seen him working with anything like this?"

“Maybe you will,” Alex said in reply to what Ave said in the beginning before blushing a darker red when she heard what he said last. “I hate you right now,” she grumbled before sipping more of her tea.

~*~•~*~

“That’s good and oh. That’s interesting,” Cody said in reply as he went over to where Zane now was and looking at what the boar was trying to get at. He saw the strange item with some smoke that was a light blue color over it and scratched his head a bit in thought when he heard his brother’s question. “I don’t think so but he also has a lot of magical items so it’s a bit hard to keep track of them all,” he said in reply after a few more seconds of silence.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery just kept laughing at her. Then he suddenly stopped at once, bolting up knocking over his chair. At the same time, Izabo let out a shriek frightening poor Bunny and the cat tore off to hide. "Where are the boys? A Rift stone has been found! We need to get to them!" He said bolt out the door as fast as the cat did.

----

Edward watched the exchange and sighed. "Well why don't we just bring him the shiny rock so he can see what it is?" He said starting to the stone. As he bent to pick up the stone Zane lunged at him to pull him away as the smoke began to quiver. Zane also reached for Cody and in a instant the three boys were encased in a pale blue light. Once ito faded they were in the same field as before minus the boar's body, and now it was midnight. Zane swore. "Damnit Edward you just had to touch the glowing magic rock! At least nothing changed but the time of day...." He said looking around but sounded uncertain. "Um.... We should... Head back?" He whistles for their horses and three came up. A massive black stallion war horse with a pair of bull horns on a metal faceplate, a dun Arabian horse and a slender and sleek dark chestnut quarter horse rode up to them. "Um ... You're not Toro..." Zane said as the horse in question snorted and shook his horned head at him then did something that Toro was trained to do; undo the knot of the bridles attached to his saddle horn and bowed to flip his back over his head.

Edward watched and approached the dun checking on the horseshoes. He looks at the other two. "This one has the same shoes as my Charlie so that means that's your horse Cody... But .. why did our horses change?" He questions but nobody had the answer for him then.

((They are in the parallel universe when the two twins didn't switch. Avery will explain about the differences later.))

((okay to both :). I came up with a post to post later as the parallel/past Alex that has her on the way to the convent in addition to one as the current one. I'll pm it to you later))

Alex's blush darkened even more when he continued to laugh at her due to the reaction she showed and her response before she got a curious expression on her face when he suddenly stopped and then bolted upright, ending up knocking over his chair in the process while Isabo shrieked which ended up scaring Bunny. She watched the latter run off and hide before having her attention go back to being on her brother when she heard the question he asked before the two exclaimed statements that followed shortly afterward. "They went hunting but I'm not exactly sure where!" she called after him while she ran after him.

~*~•~*~

Cody heard what Edward asked and was thinking up a response of it not being a good idea to touch or reach for it since they didn't know what it did, but couldn't voice it quick enough as he watched him reach for it. He held Zane's hand after the latter reached for him and then looked around afterward, thinking that the time of day wasn't right. He was still pondering about why that could be when he heard everything Zane said to the prince as well as what he asked them in an unsure way. He nodded in reply before his brother whistled for their horses, watching as somewhat different steeds than what they were used to came up to them. He saw what he thought was his horse next to a pure black stallion with bull horns and then a third horse that could only be Edward's although it was a bit different. "I'm not sure why our horses and time of day are different but let's try to head back to Zane and Alex's house and see if we can find Avery and ask him," he said in reply after he could find his voice and offer up a suggestion of what they could do.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery went and got lilly, riding bearback to the field where the boys were.  By the time they got there, Zane had loaded the boar on Toro but looked a little confused. Seeing Avery he drew his weapon. Avery suddenly stopped. He say the three and looked confused. "That's not my Cody... His eyes light up when he sees me... And Zane has face scars and looks... Terrifying." He said softly.

---++++++++

Zane got on the horse and lead them back to the city.  The streets where desolate. When they arrived at the house Zane had, a light was on and a family was inside eating a meager meal. "Well... Um... Castle. Yeah. We'll figure this out there.." Edward said and lead them to the castle. Once the horses were put away they went inside and sat in a vacant room. "So... How do we get in contact with Avery?"

~•-•parallel•-•~

Alex had begrudgingly gone to the convent, although against her will, and learned how to be a lady as well as graduated to now be one while working as a secretary for a Lord in the town she lived in. She had gotten quite a few lashes with the belt due to speaking out of turn and just for being rebellious during her first few years at the convent. She begrudgingly behaved later on, though she had still trained with her sword in secret while there so that she could still know how to defend herself if she was ever approached by highway men or thieves later on. She now shook herself out of her reverie for daydreaming and thinking back to her convent days and tried to focus on her work so that she wouldn't get in trouble for staring into space. What she really wanted to do the minute she got off of work was to ride Spot and work with her sword again, but she'd have to wait to do those things until she was off. She was aware of the brewing war, but tried to also keep it out of her mind as she was certain that she'd be sad over the amount of people that would no longer be around.

-♣-

Alivia was at home, studying magic in her room and also learning about being a lady. She wanted to be both a mage and a lady so that she could get a normal job during the day as well as be in training to be a mage. She was glad that her mom gave her some freedom to do what she (Alivia) wanted and not just do what she (her mom) wanted her to do. She was going to go riding to the castle on Yue soon to meet her teacher for her lessons and would bring a few daggers as well as some guards in case she would be attacked on the way there.

-♠-

Cody started to head toward where he knew Zane and Alex's house was and where the latter and Ave should still be, not thinking that the house didn't exist where they were as he thought they were just heading back from their hunting/bonding trip. He also just wanted to let Ave know that they were okay and had made it back. When he got there with Zane and Edward and saw another family in there instead of their loved ones, he got even more confused before nodding when he heard what the latter said about them going to the castle and figure things out while there. When they got there and a vacant room, he sat down in an empty chair. "I'm not sure. Maybe we can leave a note in the woods where we were? I'm not sure what happened, but I've heard Ave talk about magical items before and the stuff they can do. This might sound crazy, but maybe we were transported to another time? If we were maybe we can leave a note in that place of the woods that we came here to and he can see it if he's there now," he said and asked in reply to Edward's question (can edit if you don't want him knowing/suggesting something like that).

-○~○present○~○-

After riding on Spot really hard after Ave and Lilly, she arrived with him at the place where they thought Zane and company were and they saw them, but they acted strange. Zane turned and pointed his sword at him and they all looked confused. Zane also had scars on his face that she knew hadn't been there before he went on the hunting/bonding trip with Cody and Prince Edward. "And that's not my Zane," she said in reply with a confused expression on her face as well. "The Zane I know doesn't point his sword at you when he sees you or even has scars like that on his face." She then looked in the bushes and saw the blue stone there. "Should we leave the stone there or bring it back with us?"

-○-

Alivia joined them sometime after that, looking worried as well. "Have you guys seen Edward? I was going to meet him for a picnic when they got back from hunting but he didn't show up," she asked and said before looking at their faces and expressions. "What's wrong?" she asked now a bit curious first and then became worried shortly after although the former expression still showed before seeing the three boys there and noticed that on closer inspection, Ave and Alex's expressions also showed confusion. She then saw Edward and saw that he had a confused expression on his face as well, but he also looked different and he wasn't the Edward she knew. "That's not my Edward either," she said after dismounting from Yue's back before approaching the twins.

Edited by SkySong278

-*-*-* parallel ----****

Zane got out paper from his saddle bag and a quill starting to work on the note. "That's a good idea, but we need a back up plan. Cody, that ring of yours is magic right? Do you think it'll work to bring us to Avery here or..... The court mage!" He exclaimed making Edward who was starting to doze off jump in his seat.  He blinked away the sleep as what Zane said seemed to process.

"Avery is the court mage apprentice...  But who's to know if he is this times apprentice? Either way we can ask the mage questions about how to get back...." Edward said with a yawn. "Let's rest though... I feel like I've been hunting for hours and hours.." he started to snore again.

Zane huffed. "I want my wife. I can't sleep without her although I'm exhausted... I'm worried of my nightmares in this place..." He said looking at Cody as he sealed the note. 

::::::::: Present :::::::

Edward road up. "I demand to see the court mage at once! I need to get answers from him. " He shouted. Avery blinked and straightened. "Alex leave it! It's still radiating energy, I'll check on it with my teacher later today, Prince Edward, I am appointed mage apprentice and I'll answer your questions when I know what is happening. Right now, I have nothing for you, ride back with us and we'll figure it out at the castle." He said.

Edward frowned, went up to Avery and slapped him. "How dare you speak out of turn to your King! What would a local ship captain know about magic? You try to fool me that you are the apprentice when the real apprentice is there?!" He waved to Alivia. "Don't order your-" he fell silent and his horse threw him off as Avery seethed in anger then burst into flames. 

"Enough! Silence and sheath your weapons! This isn't the place you know! All three of us here are looking for our loved ones that in this place, are you three! Now fall in behind us!" Avery shouted. Izabo took cover on Alex's shoulder and the Zane scooped up Edward with one arm plopping him back on the horse who bucked him. 

The flames lowered and extinguished into wisps of smoke as Avery glared at the three with golden eyes still burning. He yanked Lily around and started back to the city. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I know; I saw you did yesterday. had a kind of busy day today at the new house, stripping wallpaper. I’m working on a reply and have it in my notepad area of my profile. I’ll see about getting a reply posted before I go to bed tonight.

((okay :)))

~•-•parallel•-•~

Alex got off of work an hour or so later, leaving after letting the Lord that was her boss know before she did so, so that he knew and then got on Spot to ride for awhile. She wanted to go somewhere where she could just think of nothing for a bit before heading back home. She had gotten a house nearby with the money she had gotten from working that had a stable close to it where she could put Spot and his tack. It was a small stable with only two stalls, but she was fine with that since she didn’t really need a bigger one than that. After trotting for awhile, she had him start galloping and headed towards a hill where she usually went to at times to just think about stuff or just to be alone with her thoughts (might have her go to the castle soon to see them and chat with them but won’t if you don’t think that would be a good idea).

"Okay and it is. He said that when I’m in distress or if he needs me it’ll emit a beam of light and lead me in the direction he’s in but I’m not sure that’ll work with him being back in our time," Cody said in reply to Zane’s question before hearing everything else he said afterward as well as what Edward said. “He’s probably not. It might be his teacher or a different mage entirely. We could also possibly ask this universe’s Avery if he knows enough about the item we found to get us back. Okay,” he said in reply to what the latter said before watching him fall asleep and then hearing what the rest of what the former said afterward. “I sleep better near Ave as well and I miss him but maybe we can just close our eyes for a little while and then go find the court mage in this time/universe like Edward suggested we do,” he said in reply before letting his head fall back against the back of the chair and then closing his eyes to rest for a bit.

-○~○present○~○-

Alex nodded when she heard what Ave told her about the stone before hearing everything the other Edward said. She glared at him as well when she saw him slap her brother and heard him yell at him. She then got back up on Spot before following after the former, looking back at the other three from time to time to see if they were following after them or not.

Cody still looked a bit confused after hearing the conversations, but nodded when hearing the sailor and lady say to follow them to the castle to continue the conversation there and did so. He didn't look behind him to see if Zane and Edward were following as he figured that they were.

Alivia looked a bit confused when she heard the other Edward call her a mage apprentice and wondered if in the universe he came from mostly only had girl mage apprentices instead of both men and women like theirs did. “I’m sorry, but I know nothing about magic. Avery’s the court mage apprentice here. Please follow us to the castle and we’ll try to answer all of the questions you have there,” she said with a small apologetic smile before following after the twins and also after getting back on Yue to do so.

((forgot to add a post of the parallel version of Cody))

Edited by SkySong278

Zane, having reached the area where the stone was ties a rock to the letter that was thick enough to have a couple pages in it and gently tosses it to the now softly glowing rift stone. When the two hit, a dimmer blue light flashes and the rock was gone. Sighing in relief that it works he, still restless, went to the bent tree hill. 

He got off of Toro at the base and walked up stopping midway seeing Alex there. His heart flutters seeing her, but then a wave of sorrow washed over him, seeing her in a dress with longer hair and realizing it was this world's Alex.  Sighing he still climbed the rest of the way and looked down at her with his red eyes speaking softly. "Evening Miss. May I sit by you? I.... Would like to share my thoughts with someone and.... You remind me of my love...."

--------- current -------

Once at the castle, Avery took out a red paper, wrote something on it, sealed it and it disappeared. Around this time the mage who was in a meeting with Harold came running in with the king seeing the six of them. "What's this about a Rift stone? How many came through? " Glancing quickly at the three boys she nodded and laid her hand on her phoenix familiar. "Asheron, go see the rift stone and report back. " The Phoenix let loose a beautiful cry and flew out the window.

Meanwhile the Edward, who was scowling the entire time to the castle fell on his knees, face pale like he's seen a ghost. "F... father?" The mage and Avery looks at each other speaking in a different language and the mage asked Edward; "Perhaps... By chance your highness... Where your father and mother killed in a assassination?" Harold looked confused and down at himself. "But I'm alive thanks to Zane and my wife is safe thanks to Alex here, two of our finest knights in the kingdom, and what is this Rift stone you speak of?"

Martha the mage sighed. "please your Majesty, I will speak to you later. It's confusing enough right now, I need to focus. Go find Gwen and meet me in her tea room. Once I get some more information on the situation I'll tell you both the details. " Harold nodded and left. "Girls, sit on one side, boys on the other. " Zane hefted Edward, still dumbfounded into a chair and sat in one himself.

Alex was enjoying the nice weather and also the view when she heard someone approaching her a little while later. She reached for her dagger she kept under her dress for protection, but then ended up not using it when she saw who it was and it surprised her at who she saw there. “Y-You’re talking to me? You usually just ignore me,” she stuttered in reply before noticing that the scars that’re usually on his face weren’t there while also noticing a bit late that she hadn’t answered his question so she did so a few seconds later: “Sure, and I do? I’ve never been told that before. You’re also not the Zane I know, are you?”

-○~○present○~○-

Alex and Alivia followed behind Avery to the castle before seeing his teacher and the king coming towards them afterward. Alex bowed while Alivia curtsied. They were then both confused when they saw the other world’s Edward react to the king being there and wondered if something bad had happened to his parents before hearing what the king said and how he said it and then they understood. They then sat down on the side where the mage said to sit and waited to see what would happen next afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane sighed and sat down beside her leaning on the tree. "Let me guess, the one you know is moody, dark, rarely speaks unless spoken to by a superior or Cody, walks with a limp, back hunched and a hand on his hilt like anyone could strike at him." He said softly basically describing himself before he met Alex. "No, I'm not him, and sadly you aren't the Alex I know and love so dearly. I don't know the details exactly, but some magic stuff happened and the prince, Cody and I got switched with the ones here. Judging by your state of dress, you and your brother weren't able to switch places? " He asked looking at his wedding ring. "Where I'm from, we're happily married, my abusive father is thankfully dead, Cody's dad adopted me so I can stay in the country and you're the first female Knight in history who can wiled a sword and can hold a stalemate in a contest with me. " He said and sniffles starting to rub his eyes. "And she's probably so worried about me, we can't sleep without each other! Promise me you will punch the Zane here in the face with that nasty right hook of yours and you'll find him practically following you around and interested in you. Just... Be gentle and kind, treat him like you would a injured lion after that and he'll warm up to you." He said rubbing his eyes. "Stupid idiot doesn't know happiness unless she hits him in the face. " 

-------- current-----

The mage asked all three boys what happened, mostly detailing the major things. She looked shocked when she heard that Zane ignored Alex, Avery was the head of the trade ships and pursued those dealing with smuggled exotic animals, magical artifacts.  The assassination of Edwards parents happened still. "Now most of the other things I believe, however the killing of the King and Queen was uncovered to be the work of Dominic in retaliation of being sentenced to the dungeon and intending to make it big with a all out war. The dragon fever didn't happen because of the attempt success, Dominic burning the plants to worsen the bond between us and Sararah. " She said looking at her notes carefully. She had laid out a map as a cart of lunch plates came in for them and had Isabo point out the spot of the stone as her familiar swooped in and dropped a rock with a letter attached on Alex's lap then trilled softly purching on a chair back. "Stone power is faint, needs to recharge or given mana. Letter found by stone, most likely the others saying they are okay.  Rift stone of Earth mana and Water mana. "  He raised the feathers on the Crest of his head like a cockatoo would tilting his head at the map studying it.  "Well then, sounds like we have work to do. Avery, you think you can get a five white unicorn hairs, a kelpie's tooth, and a blessed seed of a willow maid fariy?" Avery tilted his head. "With some help from my sister and Alivia I should gather them by noon tomorrow." He said thoughtfully. "Wouldn't a syrin's scale be more effective as a Water mana and a Nøk's fiddle string for Earth?" "Yes, but that would also require three more mages of our caliber, four magic familiars representing the two elements and would take two weeks to get them gathered in one area. That would take too long." She quipped back.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alex listened to everything he said with interest, nodding in reply and agreement to his description of how the Zane there acted and looked curious about hearing that they had switched places after he sat down beside her. “The Edward here is King after his parents were assassinated, though and yes my brother and I weren’t able to switch places. A stable hand heard our plan and tattled on us to our dad and he made us go to the places where he wanted us to go; me to the cursed convent, and him the castle to be trained as a knight. I was still trained by my grandpa and uncle and I practice often in case I ever need to use it for defending myself. I actually haven’t seen Avery since the day we left. I’m glad the me you know and love is a knight and I’ll gladly do that to the you that I know when he gets back here. I hope you can get back and be with the other me and be reunited. I just hope I won’t be thrown in the dungeon for hitting the King’s general,” she said in reply with a sigh and looked curious again when she heard what he said at the end. “I hope I can make him happier, and not be such a sourpuss all the time.”

-○~○present○~○-

Alex and Alivia listened curiously to everything that was said and explained, shocked as well when they heard that the opposite things happened in the other place than the ones they knew. The former was sad to hear that the other Zane ignored the other her, but also figured that it had something to do with his father that was dead in their time and was also surprised to hear that the other Dominic was responsible for the other Edward’s parents dying during the assassination that would have happened had she and her Zane hadn’t saved them. She was a bit lost in her worried thoughts again when she heard the mage’s familiar come back, jumping slightly and being knocked out of them when she felt the rock with a letter attached to it fall in her lap. She looked down at it before placing it on the table shortly afterward and then had her focus be on the rest of the conversation that was happening, feeling less worried when she heard the main mage's familiar say that the letter was probably from their loved ones saying that they were okay. “I’d be glad to help Ave gather those supplies,” she said when there was a break in the small bickering conversation between the two mages and Alivia nodded in agreement as she wanted to do something as well to be helpful in bringing back the loved ones they knew from the other time.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane looked at his pocket watch then the star positions and he got up. "It's getting awfully late I better head back. " He bowed to her, bid her good night and headed back to the castle.

--

Zane didn't sleep a wink and was up  when Edward got up and called for the mage and their apprentice. Edward was flabbergasted when Alivia was the apprentice and his 'wife' Kimberly came in to see what is wrong.  After sending Kimberly away, Edward told the mage what happened and asked how to get back. 

"Hmm... Well I've never heard of such a stone, perhaps the Merchant and magical artifacts collector Captain Ave could help you with this question. Look for the Sea beast at the dock, a three mast ship painted green with a merlion on the prow. " The mage said.

++++++++ Current++++

((Avery didn't assassinate Edward's parents, Dominic (Zane's dad) was behind it.))

Avery nodded and looked at the three boys. "Alright, you guys sit tight, act like nothing happened. Zane, you still need to protect the King.  Alivia, you go with me to look for the unicorn, here take these so you don't hurt her. " He handed her a pair of thread scissors. "She'd be more comfortable around you then Alex and I. Alex is no longer a maiden and I am a man. I made her uneasy last time. Alex,  kelpies use their prettiness as a distraction, you have the strength and ability to hear it speaking about eating you so you won't be put under it's spell. You can also hold your breath for a while, but if you can keep it from the water until it's skin turns green, it'll grant you a wish. This too is fake unless you wish for something in the kelpie's pond or from The kelpies itself. Here, ask for the tooth. I have nymph friends who help me gather ingredients for my potions so I will ask my willow maid friend for a blessed seed. Divide and conquer." He said proudly. 

((I put that he was partly involved in the assassination of his parents, but I can edit that post to add that Dominic was the one who was mainly involved or edit it just to take out that part completely))

Alex continued to look up at the stars until Zane said what he did about it getting late and he needed to be heading back. “Okay and good night,” she said before getting on Spot and heading back to her house to get ready for and go to bed herself.

~*~•~*~

Alivia was at the castle the next morning, sitting at the table in the front room when Zane, Edward, and Cody came in. She was surprised to hear about a stone that caused them to be there in the first place and made a mental note to look it up in one of her books later while studying to see if she could find out about it to see if she could help at all. Then when she heard her teacher’s suggestion about them finding Captain Ave, she sighed but knew at the same time that he’d probably be a better person to tell them about it since he was a bit more of an expert on those kinds of things.

Cody was in the front room and at the table with Zane and Edward and heard the prince asked the mage regarding the stone and how they could get back. When he heard that she didn’t know about the stone, he sighed and looked down at the table’s surface until he heard Ave’s name be mentioned and heard that he was a captain as well as had a boat. He looked surprised when he heard what the color was as well as what kind of creature was painted on the side of it as it was what he had described if he hadn’t gone to the convent. He nodded and was ready to get going, but waited to see what Zane and Edward’s reactions were first and stayed seated for the moment.

~•~•~•~present~•~•~•~

Alex and Alivia listened to everything that Ave said in the plan he had to get some ingredients they needed to recharge the stone, nodding in understanding but the former looked a bit nervous about her part of it as well as looked a bit tired. She just tried to hide both of those things with a smile. She hadn't gotten much sleep the last few days and also not feeling very confident about being able to do everything that Ave wanted her to do, but she'd try her best all the same.

Alivia took the pair of scissors that Ave held out for her to take for her part of the plan. She was looking forward in helping get their boys back from the alternate past that they got transported to and to also ask how it was there as well as find out what their alternate selves were like. She was a bit curious about that.

Edited by SkySong278

((it was just Dominic. All him. ))

Zane tilted his head quizzically. "A captain? I wouldn't peg him as such. Huh. " He said softly. Edward just nodded and led the way out with Zane following. 

When the trio arrived at the dock, two looked at the boat in awe. Edward took a deep breath and then marches up the gangplank to the deck.  He aproched  a deckhand who dropped the crate they had in shock. Edward looked them up and down. "Wait..." Looking around the ship he saw all the deckhands and crew where women, strong and all sorts of ethnicities. Zane just looked around blankly. He assumed that Avery knew how strong women are and probably didn't want to make the men uncomfortable. What shocked him most however was when a man swung from the mast and landed in knee high boots in a pair of brown trousers and a flamboyant lilac shirt that was low cut and frilly exposing his muscular chest. Hair was braided intricately with beads and feathers pulled away from his face. Eyes where blue, but he wore gold eyeshadow and pink lip paint. A thin saber rested on his hip. He ran right up to Cody and picked him up in a hug. "Hello my love! I was wondering when you'll see me! I just landed yesterday but you weren't waiting like you usually do! " He set Cody on his feet again and yanked him down in a kiss. "How I missed this darling! Come! Come! I got new swords and armor, of course you'll get first pick, I want my love to be protected out there!" He giggles dancing around. Then he seemed to notice the others. He drew his weapon with a snarl, the blade gleamed gold and is embedded with red runes if power. It seemed to glow red and hot. "The only men allowed on my boat are me and my love, who are you two to trespass here?" He growled lowly. 

------.......------

"Get some rest before you go sis." Avery said softly seeing his sister's weary look. "You need full strength to deal with a kelpie. We'll get what we need while you do so. " He said and kissed Alex's cheek. 

"I'll lead you to where I saw the unicorn last okay Alivia?" He said and took her hand leading her outside and helped her on her horse then got onto his leading her out of the city and into the woods. 

((oh okay. I’ll edit it later for it to say that))

“I would. He told me that’s what he’d do if he and Alex didn’t switch places and he ended up at the castle. He’d run away from it and get a pirate ship to sail the seas with,” Cody said before following Zane and Edward out to head to the docks.

When he got there with the other two he looked at the boat with a blank expression, not at all surprised with it’s appearance. He was a bit surprised, though when he saw that the crew was all girls. Ave hadn’t told him that little tidbit when he told him about the boat and what would be painted on the side. He was also a bit surprised at his attire before his eyes widened when he was picked up suddenly by him before hearing everything he said. He then kissed him back when he was yanked down in one and the other statements he said along with the question that was directed at Zane and Edward. “Okay firstly, I’m not the Cody you know; secondly, these are Zane and Edward who’re possibly also not the ones you’ve heard of; thirdly and lastly we need your help,” he said in reply while standing over near the latter two. “We encountered a magical artifact called a rift stone while on a hunting trip and found ourselves in your time instead of ours. Do you happen to have one in your collection that you have here that you’ve acquired? We were told by the mage of this area to ask you about it because she hadn’t heard of it,” he said and asked as an explanation.

~•~•~•~present~•~•~•~

“Okay and sorry that I look so weary. I guess it’s mainly due to me being worried about Zane and also not being able to sleep while he’s gone,” she said in reply before nodding and then heading upstairs to her and Zane’s room to get the requested sleep.

Alivia nodded in reply to what Ave said before walking with him outside and to their horses. She got up on Yue with his help, nodding in thanks before watching as he got onto his, following after him out of the city and into the woods afterward.

"Ah! So tell me, did my sister really become a knight? Am I a mage? Oh! I need to give you coordinates to where I found this sword. It's light enough for me to use and it's magic! I have a journal I can give you. Now..." He waved them over to follow him to the Captain's quarters and they went into a room under the ship's wheel where a small kitchen was and a bedroom/office was. He ruffled through some maps and pulled out a warn leather journal handing it to Cody then went to another spot going through it. "Now what color did the stone glow? Red, gold, green or blue? " He paused.  "Blue" answers Zane. "And Alex is a wonderful Knight and a beautiful woman. I met your sister here and she's really worried about you. You should see her. " He said.

Avery whirled around and stormed up to Zane. "Sounds like you know my sister on a very intimate level in the other world. " He growled. "I'm married to her so yeah, I do. And the King is going to marry you and Cody together regardless of your gender.  Now I can't get any sleep until I get back to her and I will really appreciate it if you didn't look like you're about to gut me. Cody and I are brothers and I don't care what side you bat your sword at, I just want to go back to my lovely wife and beloved cat and get some sleep without any nightmares. " He huffed leaving Avery slackjawed at his retort.

-------

Avery leaf her to the meadow and gave her a charm to talk to horses so she can communicate with the unicorn before leaving to look for his nymph friend. 

"Yes to both," Cody said in reply to both of his questions before hearing the statements that followed, curious why the area where he found the sword was important but didn't ask as he followed after him and the others after his gesture to do so. Then when they got to the place where he wanted to take them, he nodded in thanks when he was handed the worn journal before hearing the other question regarding the color the stone glowed along with the other conversations that followed. He sighed when this world's Ave and his brother started to bicker about Alex.

"Yes it's true he knows her on an intimate level but can we please get back on track about the stone? The sooner this gets resolved, the sooner we can get back and switch places again with this world's Zane, King Edward and lastly the Cody you know and love," he said after their conversation seemed to be done and the former was left slack jawed at his brother's response.

~•~○~•~

Alex woke up awhile later, heading back downstairs shortly after fixing her hair and asking the mage where she could find a kelpie. Once she was told the closest location, she put her shoes on, and then headed out to a swampy area in the woods near the house (guessing that's where they reside; if not, I'll edit). When she got there, she waded a bit into the water, and then dunked herself under it after she had passed the lip that was just passed the really shallow area. Here she politely summoned the kelpie and then waited for it to come. When she (the kelpie) did, she (Alex) kindly asked if she would like to come out of the water for a bit as a break from what it usually did and to keep her (Alex) company. After a moment of pondering, the kelpie nodded and then followed her out of the water, but still stayed close to the water. After chatting with her for a while, she noticed her skin turn green and took that moment to request a tooth from her as a wish. The kelpie obliged by giving her a loose one that she would have lost soon anyway before asking if she wanted anything else. To this request, she politely declined before bowing her head a bit in respect as well as in goodbye before walking away and heading back to the house with the tooth in hand, getting there about ten minutes or so later. When she went back inside and to the table where the mage and her familiar still were, she placed the kelpie tooth down on its surface before sitting down in one of the chairs there to wait for Ave and Alivia to come back.

Alivia watched Avery go after being led to the meadow and also being given the charm, turning her attention from his retreating back to the surrounding trees. After a moment's hesitation, she called for the unicorn using the charm. After a few minutes or so, one appeared from the trees to her left and Alivia had to keep herself from opening her mouth in both surprise and shock. When the majestic horse was closer and asked what she had requested her for, she politely asked for five hairs from her tail in order to help a friend out with a spell. After a few minutes or so, she granted Alivia's request and the latter carefully cut five hairs from the tail with the scissors before thanking her and then heading back to the house as well with the hairs in hand. When she got back, she saw Alex sitting at the table with the tooth and nodded in acknowledgement to her before sitting in a chair next to her before placing the hairs she had gathered on the table in front of her afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

"Right! Right let's see now...." Avery said flipping the feathers over his shoulder and darted around his living quarters. "Nøk string, pixie dust and a wild Phoenix feather. Set these around the stone. The other side would most likely use a Willow seed, kelpie tooth and unicorn hair but it will require more earth mana and a mix of the other two last elements, fire and air to fully charge it enough to open it up so six people can pass through. Give these to Alivia and she'll know what to do with them.  " Avery said handing the items to Zane who looked relived and then kissed Cody again for good measure. "I don't care what rift you are from, meeting you was fate and you are the same Cody I  know and love, only I'm not the same. Knowing me, if anything where to happen to you I will burn a thousand ships and raid kingdoms single handedly to make sure you are safely back in my arms. " He said softly and tenderly kissed him again. "Now go back to the other me and don't forget the journal. It's important that I get it. " He said then lead them off the ship. "Now take care! " He said waiving them off.

-------------current--------------

Avery came back with a lural crown and a flower wreath on his neck, short hair braided in tiny braids holding a faintly glowing seed in his hand. The mage gathered up the other items and asked the three men to follow them to the rift stone.

Once there Avery and his mentor set up the items at the four cordial points and drew symbols in the sand. Then they waited until the sun was in the same place as before when the rift opened. 

((sorry for posting this late. I was also cleaning at the same time))

Cody watched Ave dart around his living quarters to gather the other items that were needed to get them back to their time and to also get the other versions of them back to where they belonged. He then listened to everything he said afterward, nodding in both understanding and reply to what he said about the items he gave them as well as what items his Ave would bring to put next to the rift stone on the other side. When he was kissed afterward, he kissed him back with a surprised look on his face since he wasn’t expecting it and then pulled back when it ended before listening to everything else he said after. He nodded while taking the journal and then kissed him back again. “Okay guys. Let’s get back to the castle so that we can work on getting back to our loved ones,” he said after pulling back from the other kiss he had been given and after they had been waved off by that world’s Ave.

~•~○~•~current~•~○~•~

Alex and Alivia followed after Ave’s teacher and Ave to where the rift stone was with the items they had collected. After the items were placed where they needed to be and they (Ave and company) were waiting for the sun to be in the place where it should be, Alex left the other three to go on a small walk but would return when it was a bit closer to the time of when their loved ones would return. She hated waiting, mainly because she couldn’t stand still. After a bit longer, she turned around, and started to head back towards where Ave and Alivia were along with the rift stone.

Alivia looked from the sky to Alex when she noticed her friend walking away to be somewhere else, figuring that it had something to do with her not being able to wait for long periods and couldn’t blame her. She sat down where she stood while thinking that it was better than standing on tired feet as she waited.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane waited and sat down refusing to move from the spot when they got everything set up. 

---

The mages started to chant and the stone absorbed the materials and started to glow until a ring of blue appeared.  Zane was the first one through, this world's Zane, and he punched the other Zane in the face. "You absolute d*** I can't believe I was like you! Go making yourself happy and find Alexandria and castrate that worthless sire of yours!" He shouted before running to Alex immediately and kisses her deeply.  The other world's Zane looked completely shocked but rubbed his face tilting his head before waiting tor the other Edward to go through the hole. Once his king was through he went back after one more, this time more whistful glance at the couple seeing how happy she made him. Perhaps he will. 

Edward went through and looked immediately sick clutching his stomach. 

Avery collapsed when the two Cody's exchanged places, nose bleeding and pale. The portal blinked out of existence and the stone went from blue to black and stopped glowing. "The rift stone is no more, but I'll still take it to study it. " Margaret said softly picking up the rock with a cloth. "Avery, that took a lot of magic from you. You may have the rest of the month off to recover and reset your magic reservoir however only if you stop using magic for the simple house tasks and take plenty of rest. Cody... Make sure he gets rest. That much exertion of magical abilities can be deadly and cause internal bleeding. He needs strict rest. Make sure he gets it. " She warned.