SkySong278

A Knight's Story

Alex woke up the next morning to the smell of breakfast that was brought into bed to enjoy. “Morning,” she said in reply as she tried to wake up a bit more. “This smells delicious. What’d you make?” she said and asked as she got comfortable against him. “Maybe we can also look for a new mattress today.”

~*~•~*~

“Of course,” Cody said in reply after he got over the initial shock of being pulled onto the bed beside Ave with a surprising amount of force that he didn’t know that the other possessed before. He fell asleep after snuggling up against him and getting comfortable.

•*•~°~•*•

“Oh okay thanks,” Alivia said in reply before going outside. She saw Edward prepping the horses shortly after going outside to the front of the house and said with a smile, “Good morning.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Just eggs with ham and cheese. Yeah I agree. A new mattress with the bedframe." He said softly and kisses her. 

---

Avery woke up early and snuggled up to Cody. "Morning fiance." He hummed softly. "What would you like for breakfast?"

----

"Good morning. Did you sleep well? My stomach isn't feeling well so I've decided not to eat this morning." He said. "You should eat something. "

“Mm one of my favorite breakfast meals and okay. Maybe after breakfast we can go?” she said and asked in reply before kissing him back just as softly as he did her.

~*~•~*~

“Morning dear and maybe pancakes and eggs?” Cody said and asked in reply when he opened his eyes while feeling Avery snuggle against him some.

•*•~°~•*•

“Oh I’m sorry to hear that. Would you like some water to bring with you to see if that’ll help and maybe some broth to have when you get back to the castle? I did and I will a bit later. I’m going to go back to sleep after I see you and your guards off. How did you sleep?” she said and asked in reply to what he said and asked her after her morning greeting with some concern in her voice as well as on her face.

Zane smiled and stole a bite of her meal before getting his clothes to shower. "I'm going to be in the bathroom. " He said and left the room. 

----

"Sounds good." He said and got up snapping his fingers and the ingredients and pans started to get out and put themselves together as he worked on the pancakes. 

-- 

Fitful sleep. Hopefully it's just a cold I'm getting. Water sounds good now, I'll ask for broth when I get back if you're so worried. " He said and stood up. 

“Hey and okay. Maybe after you get out then,” Alex protested with a teasing pout and said in reply to what he said after he had stolen a bite of her breakfast. She sighed when he closed the door to the bathroom and finished eating her breakfast before she got dressed into some clean clothes for the day. She’d either take a shower after he got out of his or a bit later on.

~*~•~*~

Cody nodded before sitting up himself and then watched as all of the ingredients and pans for the eggs and pancakes got out on their own after Avery had snapped his fingers for them to do so. He then went to the bathroom with clean clothes before taking a quick shower afterward and then getting out, drying off, and then getting dressed. He then left the bathroom and headed into the kitchen to see if there was anything he could do to help.

•*•~°~•*•

“Oh. I hope it wasn’t because you weren’t at home, but I guess it could’ve been from anything. Alright and I’m not too terribly worried; just a little bit worried,” she said in reply before leading the way back into the house.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane came out of the shower toweling his hair dry and slipped on a tunic as he combed his hair and grabbed his money bag heading down for an apple to eat on the road. "You ready honey or do you want to shower first?" He said giving Bunny some raw chicken to eat. 

----

Avery was about done with the food. "Could you set the table? And inside the cold box there's some peach jam syrup I'd like to try on my pancake. " He said softly and pulled off the pan flipping one.

------

"No, I've been abroad most of my time in school and then my jaunt in the woods for a while. I must have caught a chill and a combination of things made it into a cold. At least it's not that flu thing again, that was awful. " Edward said following her back. "Alright men, the horses are... Are...ah....Ah achoo!!" He sneezed pulling out a handkerchief just in time. 

Alex had gone downstairs while Zane finished up his shower and now turned her attention to be on him when he came down to the kitchen himself. “Mhm. I’ll take one when we get back,” she said in reply to his question before heading towards the door and going outside to wait for him afterward.

~*~•~*~

“Sure,” he said in reply to both Ave’s question and request before setting the table and then getting out the jam he had asked for him to get out. He put the jam on the table before getting orange juice for the both of them to drink with their breakfast.

•*•~°~•*•

“Ah okay and hopefully that’s all it is,” Alivia said in reply before nodding in agreement to what he said about it not being the flu. When he sneezed shortly after following her back inside her house, she quickly went to the kitchen, heated up some water, put it in a canteen with some lemon and honey, and then gave it to him. “That should help I hope. My mom always gave me water with lemon and honey when I was starting to have symptoms of a cold myself when I was younger. It always helped,” she said as an explanation of what was in the canteen.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane nodded and held out his hand for her to take after fastening the money bag to his waist his sword next to it. He bit into his apple and headed out the door to the furniture store for their new mattress. "When we get back home with it, we can put on those new sheets and bedspread. They looked soft. Our house really feels like a home now. And I can finally call you my wife without getting looks from the other guards." He beemed proudly.

-----

Avery set the pancakes on the table and everything in the kitchen area seemed to die down, except for the sink that was only working on the pans and scrub brush in the sudsy water. He smiled and kissed his cheek. "Thanks fiance." He sat and dishes out the food and buttered his pancakes.

---

After two more sneezes, one of which so strong it made the prince fall on his backside. He was getting back up when she came back out holding the canteen and explained what was in it. "Thank you dearest. I would like to kiss you goodbye but I don't want you to get sick too." He said as his men save for the one filed past her to the horses and mounted them. 

Alex took his offered hand after he held it out to her for her to do so and then walked with him to the furniture store afterward to look at mattresses. “Sounds good love and yes they did. It really does and I’m really happy with the way it turned out. Yes you can and what kinds of looks were they giving you?” she said and asked in reply with a smile and after kissing him on the cheek. “You don’t have to tell me but I’m just a bit curious.”

~*~•~*~

“You’re welcome,” Cody said in reply with a smile after feeling the kiss on his cheek. “The pancakes look delicious love,” he said before putting a couple of them on his plate and then starting to cut them into smaller pieces afterward.

•*•~°~•*•

“You’re welcome and that’s okay. It can wait until you’re feeling much better. I’ll write you and maybe go visit you in a couple of days if you’re feeling better by then,” Alivia said in reply to everything he said with a smile while watching the other guards mount up onto their horses.

Edited by SkySong278

"Like I was doing a cardinal sin by living with a woman in not legally married to. Like I was like my father and would take advantage of the living situation. " He explained as they got and went into the store. 

--

Avery smiled and ate his pancakes in comfortable silence with his finance. 

--

"I'll send a letter to you when I feel better so you can visit." He said getting on his horse and rode to the front of the guards before signaling to leave and they thundered out of the town and into the woods.

“Oh. Well I’m glad that they won’t have a reason to give you those kinds of looks anymore,” Alex said in reply before following him into the store once they got to it. She then started to look around at everything that was there, specifically looking for a mattress that they would both be happy with.

~*~•~*~

“What would you like to do today after we finish eating breakfast?” Cody asked him after swallowing a bite of his pancakes and swallowing a sip of his drink. “I do need to go out and get something but it’s a surprise. Maybe we can have a picnic after I get that surprise thing if you’d like,” he said after a few seconds as a suggestion before returning his attention back to being on his breakfast.

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay. I’ll wait for it,” Alivia said in reply before watching as he mounted his horse and then continued watching as he led the guards out of town and back to the castle. Once they were completely out of sight, she turned and headed back into the house to go back to bed. The guard that stayed behind to help protect her followed her inside but stayed on the first floor (forget his name).

Edited by SkySong278

"I didn't care anyway. " He said. After a while they found a good mattress he had them delivered it to the house. "Alright now let's see if we can find things we can use on our trip to Spain." He said taking her hand.

---

"That would be great with this weather! I can make the picnic while you're out!" Avery grinned. "Can we eat by the sea? One of my favorite ships is setting sail at high tide today."

---

“Oh well that’s good I guess,” she said in reply before they found a mattress and he had it delivered to their house. “Okay. What kinds of things so that I can help look?” she said and asked in reply after he took her hand again and she intertwined her fingers with his.

~*~•~*~

“Yes it would and that sounds like a good plan love about both,” Cody said in reply with a smile on his face before he finished eating his breakfast. “I’ll be back in a bit. It’s going to be a very short errand,” he said after he brought his dishes over to the sink and then went back over to where Avery still was at the table. He kissed him softly on the cheek before leaving to head into town. When he got there, he went to the jeweler, picked up the ring he had put on hold awhile back, put it in his pocket, and then headed back to the warehouse afterward.

Edited by SkySong278

~•~•tsing a bit•~•~

Alex was making lunch for her and Avery and when she had finished putting it together, she brought it over to the table.

“So Ave give me the details,” she said with a happy smile after sitting down.

~*~•~*~

Cody had gotten the ring for Avery and had asked him to marry him shortly after retrieving it from the jeweler. He was a bit ecstatic when he had gotten his answer and it had been yes (if that’s okay) and he was now planning it with the help of Zane.

“I’m so happy, but I’m also a bit nervous. Just like you were if I recall,” he said while trying to get over his nerves a bit and also trying to focus on their planning.

((considering that Avery asked Cody with his own magic ring first, of course his answer would be a yes!))

Avery was in his boy clothes today, looking like a sailor with his hair braided and his gilded eyes outlined in the bottom making them stand out more. "Well, I asked him first after you two went home after your wedding day. I gave him the laptiz luzi ring he wears now. Of course he said yes, but he wanted to be the one to ask me and you know how impatient I am about such things. Still, he was romantic about it. He took me to the warf at sunset and proposed by the sea as we were watching my favorite ship sail into the sunset. Oh Sis it was perfect! I've decided to come out at our wedding, and I told him that but I want to make it a surprise for everyone. Dad's not going to give me away though, mom is. Or you. I can't decide on that but Rayna has the design of my wedding outfit and it's being made. For our honeymoon, im getting another familiar and we're going to travel so I can learn offense and defense spells. It should take about two months to travel around. Oh I hope I get a wolf, or a puma. I love Isabo but she wants to find a mate and have little ones of her own. " He said stroking the chest of said bird perched on the back of his chair.

------

"At least you don't have a overbearing Father or a trial to go through before you could get to this point." Zane pointed out in a light tone. "I was indeed nervous, but mostly excited and worried. Excited because I'll be able to marry the love of my life, and worried it'll all be just a dream. Just take a deep breath, like you're drawing a bow. So, first thing, inside or outside wedding? " He said softly patting his brother on the back. 

Edward watched the conversation with little interest. He didn't want to be involved in this but Zane was his guard and where he went so did the prince. Usually it's the other way around but Zane is strong willed and put his foot down on this, after all, Cody's father did adopt him so he was part of their family and Cody was equally involved in Zane's wedding so it made sense. However the whole thing with two men thing made him uncomfortable although he didn't show or voice it. Howard; his father, seemed to know about this and accepted it. He even will officiate the wedding between the two. "Father said you can use the gardens or the courtyard if you wanted it outside, and the ball room if it's inside with the dinning hall available for a reseption afterwards. "

((okay. just making sure since I kind of god-modded there))

Alex listened to everything Avery said, hanging onto every word he said with undivided attention. “Of course I know how impatient you are and sounds like it was perfect and I bet you’ll either draw or paint that sunset/moment to put up in your guys’ future home to remember forever. Sounds like that would be fun and between those two I vote for wolf. She’s always welcome to stay here (thinking that she and Ave are at her and Zane‘s house or they can be at his [Avery] warehouse) after you choose the new familiar. We have an attic that she and her new family can be welcome to stay in if they wish to,” she said in reply after swallowing a bite of her sandwich as well as a sip of her tea. “Are you planning on having the wedding in the summer or spring?”

~*~•~*~

“Yes, that’s true and thank you for the advice. Hm outdoor unless it rains or if it looks like it will then it’ll be indoor. I think Avery mentioned awhile back that he’d either like a summer or spring wedding and both seasons produce storms. We can say outside for now and I think the garden would be perfect. The ball room can be a good back-up plan in case it will rain and we’ll need to move it inside. I’ll discuss these things with him later and see what his thoughts on both are,” Cody said in reply to everything both Zane and Edward said while smiling when he felt the small pat on the back from the former. “How’re you and Lady Alivia doing Prince Edward?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Spring, when the lilacs are in season. The gardens of the castle has a whole hedge area filled with lilac bushes and it'll smell wonderful when they're in bloom. Isabo would probably stay in the woods nearby so she can visit. She still likes to see Bunny." He said softly as said hawk hopped down and walked to the sleeping cat was and almost nestled in top of him.  "I love what you did to the place sister, it dose feel like it's been lived in with the kleptomatic collection of things in here. It's nice. " He said looking around her living room from the dinning chair he was sitting in. "I will definitely paint that moment possibly would be a mural on a living room wall. I like my wearhouse though, magic has made it quite roomy and nice. "

----

"We're doing well. Still some threats but they are going to be cleared up soon. " Edward said ominously. 

"As for me brother, Alex and I enjoyed our honeymoon greatly. Spain was lovely."

"Okay and that's one of my favorite seasons. I think I heard the King and Prince Edward talking about you and Cody being welcome to have the wedding in the garden or in the ball room with the reception in the dining hall. The garden would definitely be lovely but in case it rains, would you be okay with the ball room and dining hall as a backup plan? We can decorate the ball room with lilacs and a few other flowers you like if you'd like that as a plan B. Oh okay. Well she and her family are always welcome to stay long periods if she'd like later on in the future when it gets cold so they can stay warm. I'm sure he'd really like that," she said in reply while also watching Isabo go over to the sleeping Bunny and settle on top of him. "Thank you. I worked on it a bit more after we got back from our honeymoon trip in Spain. Would you like some tea?" she said and asked in reply before getting up and putting on a kettle after filling it with water. "I'd love to see it when it's done. I'm glad you like it and that you also made it very roomy."

~*~•~*~

"That's good and alright. That's good to hear," Cody said in reply curiously before turning his attention to be on Zane when he heard what he said. "I'm glad you guys had a good time. Perhaps Avery and I will go there at some point and learn more about that culture," he said in reply with a smile. "I bet Alex enjoyed learning more about that culture, and that place as well." 

Edited by SkySong278

"I'd love to show you sister, it always makes me happy seeing people in awe of my magical abilities. I'm sure Isabo would love that, she's nervous about breaking the familiar bond but she is ready to have a mate of her own. Tea sounds nice." He said as she put the kettle on. "Spain sounds lovely, I know there's so many ingredients for potions in Spain, and rare beasts of magic like the Phoenix there. I'd like to visit sometime. Perhaps when I get my potions familiar." He mused. "We will move to the ballroom if it starts raining, however I'm friends with those who have magic. I can always ask them to make a magic barrier around the outside wedding. It's simple and easy magic, and doesn't cost too much energy to do." He said.

---

"She did. Improved her Spanish too. She loved the outfits and dancing style there. It's a good thing she loves spicy food too because every meal my family served had some type of spice or peppers in it. So brother are you excited for your wedding day? Avery is eccentric and unusual so it'll be interesting to see what he has planned for it. No doubt it will involve some of the magic he loves."

"I'm glad and I've always been amazed by your magical abilities. It was actually thanks to them and you getting Isabo that gave me the ability to be able to understand and talk to animals. We'd love to have her. I'm happy for her and the new family she'll soon have. Okay," she said as she got out some tea leaves of the type of tea that both of them liked and started to measure the right amount so that she wouldn't have to do that when the water was ready. "It's very lovely, and I didn't know that. I bet you'll be able to find what you need for potions,  and whatnot there if it has the right ones. You and Cody can go there for your honeymoon as well if you get the potions familiar before then or maybe after your honeymoon. Alright sounds like a good plan," she said just as the water started to boil. She put the leaves in there, mixed them, let it sit for a bit longer to let the water absorb the leaves' flavor, and then poured it into a couple of tea cups she had gotten out for them. "Here you go," she said as she handed one of the cups to him before sitting down with her own while putting a bit of sugar in her tea.

~*~•~*~

"I'm glad she enjoyed it and that was good that she could also improve her Spanish skills as well as her liking the clothing, and dancing style. I bet you both improved your dancing skills, and now know a different kind of dance to do other than ballroom. Yes, that's a very good thing that she likes spicy food because I bet that would have been a problem otherwise. Yes, I am and I'm also glad that we'll have our shot at it as well. He's not eccentric; just special in his own way. Of course. I wouldn't be surprised if he plans on incorporating it somehow in the wedding, especially if it rains and he wants it outside," he said in reply to everything Zane said and asked before turning his attention over to Edward again so as to include him in their conversation again because he didn't want to leave him out. "What about you and Lady Alivia, Your Highness? Any plans on a wedding of your own, or not just yet? Just curious, and sorry if that question will embarrass you as that wasn't my intention."

Edited by SkySong278

Avery added some honey and took a sip with a sigh. "It's nice being able to be myself and still talk about girlie subjects with you. Have you ever wondered what if we didn't switch places? You still would have met Zane at the tournament... And he wouldn't go to jail either, however then he wouldn't be able to expose his father to the king about his true nature thus resulting in him still being alive...." He mused softly. "You would be a beautiful Lady of the court, elegant and graceful; you are now of course but in the ways of the sword rather than of etiquette..." He corrected himself with a sly smirk preparing for the inevitable shoulder whack she'd give him at his remark giggling.

---

"She did, I already knew the dances and use some of the quicker steps for swordplay, of course we sparred often too." He smiled and also looked at Edward. The said man's ears turned pink at the question and he shook his head. "We are still taking it slow. The bandets are still a bother too. I visit her when I can but with the trade between my ex-fiance's kingdom and mine starting up, as the front-runner of the decision making process I can't visit her as often as I would like." He said wistfully. 

“Me, too and I agree; it’s nice to be able to do that with you. I’ve always treated you like a sister instead of a brother so that’s why conversations like this weren’t awkward growing up. It’s crossed my mind before, but it’s been awhile since I last thought about it. Hm I think I would have run away long before the tournament and gone to the castle to trade places with you. I don’t think I would have lasted very long learning etiquette,” Alex said in reply before taking a sip of her own tea. She glared slightly at him when he said what he did and gave him the shoulder whack he was expecting for the comment he said. “I bet that would be a sight to see, but I wouldn’t enjoy it. Etiquette is more your thing than mine; it’s always been that way.”

~*~•~*~

“Ah and that’s good that you two are taking it slow. I hope the whole trade thing along with the trouble with the bandits gets finished soon so that you can visit her more often. I can help escort her to the castle for her to visit you with her guards if you’d like me to. She can send me a letter when she’s thinking or planning on visiting you and I can head over to her house to be part of her protective detail,” Cody suggested with a small comforting smile.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery smiled but his golden eyes seemed distant. "You would have arrived at the castle, but I wouldn't be there. " He said softly. "Only Cody knows what I would have done, and if you don't mind, I'd like to keep it that way. I was very surprised that dad was so.... Accepting of my role, he did send me to the training castle to man up..." He trailed off and took another slower sip of the tea. "And the castle would have sent you back, or the Sisters would have come to collect you. Mother Mary Catherine is a strict woman, she would have made sure you wouldn't run away again. " He once again spoke softly.

------

"I would like that. Thank you. I'll send her a letter when we get back informing her of the plan. Any man who could help rescue a group of ladies and nuns from trolls, keep all of their horses and items intact, and deliver them to my aunt's house without waking up said trolls is a fine guard indeed. I'll even pay you for the detail. The same wage Zane gets paid. Alivia is going to be the future queen one day." He said and stopped when Zane lifted his hand for them to stop and be quiet.  He readies his bow pointing out a boar track in the grass. "We can plan later," he whispered. "now it's time to hunt." He winked a red eye at the other two as Edward also notched an arrow, keeping the string lose but at the ready to fire. 

"Oh?" Alex asked with a curious expression on her face when she heard him say that he wouldn't have been there even if she had arrived. She wanted to ask where he would have been, but didn't when she heard what he said next which was that only Cody knew and he wanted to keep it that way. She felt a bit sad that he didn't feel comfortable with sharing where he would have been with her, his twin, but didn't feel that feeling for long until she just mentally shrugged it off. "Okay. I was as well, but felt glad all the same. I, too felt surprised when he had told me at the tournament that he was going to let me stay at the castle to continue my knight training because I thought for sure that he wouldn't approve. He sent me to the convent for me to act more like a lady instead of a boy," she said in reply before also taking another sip of her own tea. "Oh okay and that's good to know. I'm guessing you had tried to run off and you got disciplined for it since you know about her being strict. I probably would have done the same thing as you had, then which was going to the castle first while on the way to the convent so that I wouldn't get tired or been attacked by trolls or giants. That's probably where I would have met Zane," she said in reply to the last couple of statements he said before taking another sip of tea.

~*~•~*~

"Okay and you're welcome. Alright sounds good and oh thank you. You don't have to, though but I'm still thankful that you want to do that. Yes that she is and she'll be a great one," Cody said in reply softly to everything that Edward said to everything that he had previously said before also noticing Zane hold up a hand for them to stop where they were and to be quiet. He then followed where his finger was pointing to see the boar track in the grass ahead of them. He nodded when hearing what he whispered in the two small statements and then also readied his bow shortly after the prince did to be ready to look for and shoot the animal after seeing his brother's wink. "Want me to go on ahead and scout where it’s at to see if I can scare it closer to you guys or just stay where I'm currently at?" he whispered in a questioning way towards Zane.

Edited by SkySong278

"I didn't, I liked it there. Another girl did run away and then got sent into confinement and was walked from class to class then had her room next to Mother Mary Catherine's.  I'm glad he let me stay and didn't tell the sisters about me. If he had, I would have been kicked out for sure and wouldn't be able to learn magic. So, sister... Cody told me that Zane has scars everywhere, including one on his backside where Toro bit him. Dose he really have them everywhere?" He said slyly with a mischievous smirk. "I'm positive you found out on your honeymoon." He winked with a giggle. 

---

Zane held up his finger to his lips then pointed to himself, then in the direction of the tracks lead, then to the two guys and then to the ground. His meaning was clear ; I will go, you  two stay here. With that he crouched down and slipped into the tall grass parallel to the tracks. 

After a minute and a half of silence, a squeal sounded and then a yelp. Instead of Zane chasing the bore, the bore was behind him with an arrow in it's rump and Zane had a couple bits of bore hair on his pants and one pant leg was ripped and bleeding obviously gotten whacked by the nasty curved tusks the beast had.  He panted as he sprinted by the two,  Edward waisted no time in letting loose his bolt hitting the shoulder and notched another hitting a lung making the beast squeal and round on him now, although slower and with labored breathing. "Bring it down Cody!" Zane yelled a good distance away by now.