SkySong278

A Knight's Story

"Cody, Cody, Cody..." He sighed "I proposed to my wife twice. Or was it three times?" He said scratching his chin. "Anyway, there's no ring on her finger, so you still can propose to her. At least tell me you have a ring to give her. " He asked his brother leading still showing him around the house. 

Avery grinned. "I know your size so I know they'll fit you. I got some for myself as well. Zane has the red leather tack he's been eyeing for a while. "

--++

Edward nodded and followed her to the house and got off helping her down. 

“What? I thought you only did it once,” he asked and said in reply to his sighed statement as well as the other ones he said afterward. “Oh okay and I have one picked out. I’m holding a reservation on it and I’ll pick it up later on our way back to the warehouse,” he said while continuing to follow him around his house and looking around at all the furniture that was in it now.

“Oh. You’re really good at that kind of thing it seems. I can’t wait to see you in your Sahar outfit. I bet it’ll look really good on you. I bet Zane will enjoy his gift from you,” Alex said in reply to everything Avery said with a smile barrier sitting down on the couch afterward. “I need to sit for awhile and let my feet rest for a bit. I’ve been moving nonstop since I woke up really early this morning to help move the furniture around.”

~*~

Alivia smiled at Edward when he helped her off of her horse after he got off of his own and then led the rest of the way into her house. “Mom, dad I’m home!” she called into the house after they entered and also after she had closed the door behind them.

“Welcome back sweetie,” Daphne said to her with a smile after walking into the entryway from the sitting area and her dad followed. “I also see that Prince Edward is here as well. Did he need to talk to us about something?” Xander said and asked with a curious expression on his face.

“Thank you and yes he does,” she said in reply before stepping over a bit to the side to let them talk.

((I had posted a thing and it didn't work!))

"No, there was the time I gave her the ring on your knighting ceremony and I was in jail. Then the dinner you witnessed, then the third ring I had made wouldn't be bent or cought on her armor when she's fighting and I proposed with that one as well. As for what you say, just speak from the heart. I'm sure she'll love it." He said softly.

"I bet, you don't have magic to help out." He giggled and sat down in one of the chairs now. "I'm surprised you got up early. I would think for a guy who is usually shirtless and bold he wouldn't waste time after marriage. Or is he shy?" Avery said with a cheeky grin. 

-----

"Yes sir. Our usual chaperones will be gone for a month, and I'd like to set up a patrol for any more vangabonds in the woods, and perhaps meet here instead of her having to go to the castle. I'd also like your permission to train her in hand to hand so lady Alivia could defend herself if the need arises again. I don't want to see her hurt again. " He said touching his chest like his heart hurts thinking about it. 

Posted (edited)

((oh no :())

“Oh I didn’t know that counted as a proposal. I remember those other two and the first one but I wasn’t aware it was a proposal. Okay. I’ll try to come up with something. Thanks for your advice brother,” he said in reply to everything he said with a smile.

“Yep I don’t. Just a special connection to animals which doesn’t really help with moving furniture in a house with a lot of people,” she said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said and what he asked afterward. She blushed a bit before saying in reply, “We had to with the amount of furniture we have now but it was really helpful to have his other family members there to help us. We were both shy. We only did what we were comfortable with doing last night.”

~*~

“Alright and I agree with that. Although she goes to the castle with a few guards, which is good, I’d feel better if she limited her trips there and for her to stay here. Like what you said. I think that would be a good idea and we feel the same way,” Xander said in reply to everything Edward said before putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. “I’m glad she has someone else who cares for her as well as can protect her when we can’t. We care for and protect her when she’s here but when she’s outside the house, we can’t. I’m glad you can help us with that. She’s also happier than she has been in awhile and we’re glad for that as well.”

Edited by SkySong278

Zane smiled and patted his shoulder. "It was in a way. The dinner one was the true proposal. I just hope you're happy. " He said softly finally showing him the bedroom. "Look! I have a mirror now!" He said running over and waving to the shinny mirror in the corner by the dresser. 

"A little wine and loose clothes would loosen you both up a bit. " Avery said simply. "Just because I like dressing up, doesn't mean that I don't know what goes on in a guy's mind. " He bit his lip. "It's embarrassing sometimes I wish Cody was a little bit more bold at times. I only saw him shirtless once....." He said waving his hand at his face to cool his burning cheeks. "But he's a gentleman, so I probably won't see it again unless he hurts himself or we're married. Zane just needs a confidence boost or you to take the first step no matter how small. " Avery winked.

-----

Edward blushed glancing at Alivia. "Glad we could agree sir. " He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm also happier than I have been in a while. She's easy to talk too, and gives great advice. You raised a wise woman Sir."

Posted (edited)

“Ah okay and I am. I just hope I can make Ave a bit happier after asking her what I should have awhile ago,” he said in reply before following Zane to his room. “Wow it looks really nice. Much nicer than that shield you had before but I know it was just temporary,” he said in reply with a smile to the former’s excited statement regarding the mirror.

“Oh. I guess I can try to do both of those things. Maybe he’ll do that when he gets ready to go to bed and you’ll be able to see it more often that way before you two get married,” Alex said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks especially in response to what Ave said about wine, loose clothes and her taking the lead.

~*~

Alivia also glanced over at Edward, blushing as well when she heard that her dad had noticed that she seemed to be happier than she has usually been. She looked away again when she heard that he thought she was easy to talk to as well as her giving good advice.

“Why thank you. I tried to give her some lessons on being very good at listening as well as how to give advice at the same time she was learning how to be a lady,” Xander said in reply with a small smile.

Edited by SkySong278

"It does doesn't it? I don't look so sickly in it too. Although I'll keep that shield in case I'm fighting at gorgone sometime." He chuckled and went back downstairs seeing the rest of the family now left and only Cody and Avery where there. "I'll get the picnic basket, you said my gift is in the stables right Ave? We're going there anyway for a little alone time so if you want to follow us there you can. " Zane said then tilted his head. "why are both of you... You know what, I don't want to know." He said raising his hands and moving to the kitchen.

Avery flushed too at her comment. "Yeah, I still wished I didn't have to wait so long to be asked to be married. You know me, I'm impatient! " He looked up seeing Zane and Cody there and waved a little bit.

-----

"Well it worked. She's the best. I've gotten a few worries off my chest thanks to her gentle tone and kind words. " He said with a bow. 

Posted (edited)

“Yes it does and I don’t think you look sickly at all,” Cody said in reply before walking downstairs with him where he saw Ave and Alex in the living room and sitting on the couch there. He smiled and waved back at his love before turning his attention back to being on Zane afterward as he went into the kitchen. He also went into the kitchen to help with anything he could probably help with for the latter and Alex’s picnic.

“Well maybe he was having a bit of trouble wording his proposal to you and yes I know how impatient you can be at times,” Alex said in reply before seeing Zane and Cody coming downstairs. She smiled at both of them before looking a bit curious when Zane suddenly stopped his second thought before he went into the kitchen. “I’ll be right back,” she said to Ave and Cody before going into the kitchen. “Mi amor? Is everything okay?” she asked while putting a hand on his shoulder after getting to where he was.

~*~

Alivia blushed a bit more when she heard everything Edward said about what she had done to help him.

“Well I’m glad I could help her with that. Should we discuss a protective schedule for before the usual chaperones aren’t in town for a time?” Xander said and asked in reply while bowing slightly as well.

Edited by SkySong278

Posted (edited)

"Everything is fine love. I just was wondering what you two where talking about that made you both become a pair of cherries but it was probably something girly and decided to drop the subject. " He chuckled and took her hand and kissed the back of it. "I got it all packed up, I just need the cork screw behind you Cody in that drawer. " He said pointing behind his adopted brother. Once in his hands and packed, Zane walked holding the basket in one hand and Alex's hand in the other. 

Avery stood up and quietly waited for them to get done. Once they were going to the stables and followed behind them.

--

"Yes, shall we sit down for such a meeting? " Edward asked tilting his head. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Posted (edited)

“Oh okay and Ave was just giving me some advice about the next time we try to be, um intimate? if that’s the right word, with each other,” she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before smiling a bit when she felt him kiss the back of her hand. She then walked out of the kitchen with him after Cody had gotten him the cork screw that was in a drawer behind him with the latter following behind them. “We still need a pie dearest,” she reminded him as they went to the stables.

~*~

Alivia sat down in the dining room area as Xander led Edward to the sitting room. “We can discuss that here,” he said in reply while sitting down on one of the fainting couches they had there.

Edited by SkySong278

Posted (edited)

Zane flushed and shot Avery a glare at which the latter just giggled and clung to Cody's arm. "We agreed to get a pie from the bakery on the way out of town love. Let's saddle up our horses first-" he said walking across the street and into the stable stopping at Toro's  stable and seeing the red leather tack there. Wordlessly he handed Avery the basket and went in feeling the soft leather. "This is beautiful! Wait... It's the exact same one I spent all that time drooling over at the tack shop! How did you know?" He looked at Avery.

"Toro told me. He said the other one was so warn down it gave you both saddle sores and you always stopped by the shop while riding him pointing to it and telling him it would be great to have that one." Zane blushed. "Oh, I didn't know he knew the one I was looking at. Let's try it on shall we?" He said to his horse and put on the saddle, rains and the rest of the tack. He swong up on the saddle and grinned. "Way softer. I don't feel like I'm riding bear back anymore. " Toro snorted in response. "He says that it feels like you're a feather now." Avery translated.

----

"I would like to have a trusted guard to be stationed with her whenever she is out. One of my older knights has grandchildren out here, he's been wanting to retire to this area but the pay is too good to not continue working. He could be her personal guard on my payroll, just send a maid or someone telling him that she's going out."

Posted (edited)

“I know. Just reminding you is all,” Alex said in reply with her own blush after he had given Avery a glare and also after what she (Alex) had told him earlier. She then nodded before following after him to the stables where his gift from Avery was while Cody also followed after them with the latter (Avery) on his arm after kissing him softly on the forehead. Alex smiled when she saw Zane‘s reaction to the new tack set that Avery had gotten for him.

She then listened to everything that her brother said about how he had known how he (Zane) had wanted it before hearing Toro snort but also knew what he said. “Yes that’s what he said,” she confirmed after getting Spot ready for their picnic ride. “It suits you very well. The date of when we first met each other during knight training is coming up. I thought that maybe we could treat that as an anniversary if you’d like.”

»»•««

“That sounds like a good idea. Will you also be joining them while your guard stays with her? Just curious,” Xander said and asked in reply while a maid brought them some drinks at the latter’s signal.

Edited by SkySong278

"I know that's coming up, but we are married now, we have an anniversary. What makes you say that love?" He asked letting Cody and Avery get on that horses so they could get back home, then spurred Toro from the stable and to the road heading to the city gate and the bakery. "I've observed it too with a date or something special for that day. " He said softly.

---

Avery left them on Lilly and headed back to the wearhouse they lived in. Isabo was flying from rooftop to rooftop along the way.

---

"Most of the time, but if she'll like to go shopping or take a walk, I probably won't be there. Gorge would still accompany her, but if she's with the maids or her mother he'd just be within calling distance and eyesight of them at all times so the ladies have some space. When I am here, I'd like to have a maid or her mother accompany us as a female chaperone, or a guard you personally trust to keep an eye on us. Just so you know, I was blessed with the strength of ten barbarian men and skilled in the sword, dagger, bow,  axe, and hand to hand. With your permission, I'd like to teach her a few self defense moves so she doesn't get grabbed or hurt again. "

Posted (edited)

“I know but I just thought we could have another anniversary for when we first met. We don’t have to, though. I just thought it would be nice,” she said in reply a bit shyly before following after him to the city gate and bakery and also while watching Ave and Cody head back to their place. “Oh. I really haven’t been observing it but it just brings back good memories from training and makes me smile.”

~*~•~*~

Cody followed after Ave on Chestnut back to their warehouse, enjoying the quiet while also watching Isabo flying from rooftop to rooftop. “It was nice that we could see them and give them their wedding gifts,” he said after a little while of companionable silence that had fallen between them.

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay sounds good. Let’s plan on that then. Alright that can be done. Oh? That’s interesting but also good to know. I bet it also comes in pretty handy. Of course. We’d like her to know that as well since we also don’t want that happening to her again. She started to learn some of that stuff when she was younger but then stopped so that she could focus on her lady lessons more. I’d feel a bit better knowing she’ll also know self defense as well.”

Edited by SkySong278

He stopped outside the bakery and came back out with a blueberry pie mounting Toro and headed off again getting to the tree and setting up the picnic. "It would be nice. Perhaps go visit our old academy, see old teachers and encourage the students there. Apparently they allowed two other women in to learn after they demonstrated some skills and both traveled from different countries to be trained there. " He said handing her a plate of food and popped the wine cork pouring half a glass for each. He raised his up in a toast. "To our honeymoon. "

---

"It was. I am glad that my sister liked hers, and Zane liked his. " He paused for a moment. "You know, Zane has a funny way of naming animals. He had a rabbit named tortoise, has a horse who's called the Spanish word for bull, has a cat named bunny and his mom told me she had a parakeet when he was little he would call monkey. " He chuckled. "I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to name his kid fox, or dragon or something equivalent to that."

----

Edward nodded. "I would too. She is a spitfire with words judging by her book, but she herself is docile and shy. Not every criminal she comes across would be patient to listen to a mighty tounge lashing from her,  words do not always solve conflict, action will."

She stayed outside the bakery when he went in to get the pie and then rode beside him again after mounted Toro once more when he came back out with the pie. “Alright. That would be fun and I’m glad I could be a good influence on them enough so that they wanted to go to the same academy,” she said in reply after they had gotten to the tree. She dismounted from Spot’s back before joining him on a blanket that was laid out for their picnic and then taking the plate and glass she was offered afterward. “To our honeymoon,” she said while clicking her glass against his and then taking a sip soon after as well as a bite of the food.

~*~•~*~

“Me too,” he said in reply before hearing everything else Avery said afterward. “That’s true he does. Maybe but now he has Alex and I’m sure she could help persuade him to name their kids Spanish names like Maria or Silvia for girls and Hector or Jose for boys instead of animals,” he said after chuckling a bit himself when hearing the potential names that he could name them.

•*•~°~•*•

“That’s true and I’m glad you’ll be teaching her more self defense techniques that would be very helpful for her to use in case she’s ever attacked again,” Xander said in reply with a nod of his own before getting back up and leading the way back towards the foyer. “Will you be heading back now, now that we’ve discussed those things or would you like to spend the night? It’s getting a bit late and I’d hate for you to head back when the sun’s starting to set as it could be a bit difficult to see. Your guards are also welcome to stay.”

Posted (edited)

Zane also took a sip and looked at the sunset. "Perhaps our children would like to go there. I'm happy to know that if we have a daughter, she'll be welcomed there like her mother was. " He paused. "Could we name her Evita?" He said pronouncing the name like e-VEE-tah. "It's from the Hebrew name Eve meaning life. Evita Rayna. Queen of life. And a boy Jacinto." He said like ha-SEEN-to. "It means hyacinth, the flower. It's different and unique, both Spanish. We could call him Chinto for short." He said softly taking another sip of wine after eating some food. "The wine is good. Nice and smooth with a fruity flavor." He blinked and smiled. "I know it's kinda sudden, but I would like your opinion on the names. "

----

"Sounds like something my sister would do. It'll be nice having a niece and nephew. I think I'll be the cool Tío." He grinned and got off at the stables brushing down Lilly after he removed her tack. "You need a bath Missy. " He said to the horse.

---

He looked outside and nodded. "That would be great. I'll tell my guards they can stay. We'll head off early in the morning. " Edward said nodding thoughtfully. 

“Well I was welcomed there only after a certain bad someone tried to kill me but I’m glad I was. I’d love it if our daughter would also be welcomed there,” she said in reply before hearing everything else he said while taking another sip of the wine and then another bite of her food afterward. “I love those names. They’re pretty. I don’t mind that it’s a little early to be thinking of names because it would be good to be prepared. I also agree with what you said about the wine,” she said in reply after swallowing the bite of food she had been chewing.

~*~•~*~

“I could see Alex do that as well and you’ll be a really cool Tío,” he said in reply with a smile of his own before dismounting from Chestnut and also taking off his tack and putting them up. “It looks like Chestnut also needs a bath. They could be cleaned at the same time.”

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay and I’m glad you’ll stay for the night,” Xander said in reply with a nod.
Alivia had gone upstairs to get dressed into a nightgown and now went back downstairs just as she heard the tail end of her dad and Edward’s conversation, especially the part about the latter and his guards staying the night. “I can show you a guest room that’s rarely used that you can stay in if you’d like,” she said when it was over.

Zane finished the meal the same time she finished hers and pulled out the pie getting a single slice and feeding every other bite to her. He scooted closer to her and snuggled up to her. "I'm glad you like the names. Such a beautiful sunset too." He said softly, although still looking at her. 

---

Avery nodded and with a snap of his fingers, a fog encased both him and Cody before it blew away in the breeze. He had switched outfits, now in sailor pants and no shirt and Cody had on his usual swimming outfit on. "Let's go give them a bath. " He said leading Lilly out to the spicket and pumped water in the bucket getting out the scrubbers and soap.

----

Edward nodded standing up when she entered the room like a gentleman. He nodded in thanks. "That would be lovely. " He said and followed her to the room, giving her a chast kiss on her cheek goodnight. 

Posted (edited)

“Why wouldn’t I like the names? They’ll be for our kids after all so I’d love any name idea you come up for them,” Alex said in reply after eating the pieces of pie he fed to her and then snuggling back up to him as he did to her while hearing what he said about the sunset. “It’s very beautiful,” she said in agreement before noticing that he was looking at her. “What?” she asked a bit shyly while putting a loose strand of her hair that had fallen out of her ponytail being her ear. “Oh um were you referring to the sunset or me?”

~*~•~*~

Cody watched with interest as a fog appeared after Ave had snapped his fingers  and then looked down at himself after it disappeared to see that he was now wearing his swimming outfit. He then looked back up at the other boy to see him in his sailor pants without a shirt before following him over to the spicket with Chestnut after hearing what he said about giving their horses a bath.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia nodded and then led Edward to the guest room she had mentioned that he could stay in for the night. She softly and gently kissed him back on the cheek after he kissed her before saying and asking afterward, “Goodnight my handsome prince. I’ll just be a few doors away if you need anything. What time are you planning on leaving in the morning?”

Edited by SkySong278

"Can it be about both?" He said and winked then started to pack up. "Let's head back now. I think I'm ready to be with my wife." He smiled and got everything ready getting on Toro. 

---

Avery got the water and dumped the first bucket on Lilly then the other on Chestnut. He could make it go faster with magic but he liked giving Lilly a bath. He scrubbed her down until her coat shone, combed her hair and braided strands, rinsed and dried her off before moving to her hooves and picking out the rocks and things in her horseshoe.

--

"Probably eight. I'm not much of an early riser and we need time to get everyone organized again. Hopefully you'll be up by then. Goodnight my dear." He said tilting her head up for a chast kiss on her lips before slipping into the room and getting undressed setting his clothes aside and falling asleep. 

Posted (edited)

“Oh uh I guess,” she said in reply to his question before blushing a bit more when she saw his wink. “You’re making me blush on purpose,” she accused still with the blush on her cheeks before helping him pack up their picnic and putting them on Spot. She got into his saddle just before letting the rest of what he said register. “Oh um then I guess I’m ready to be with my husband as well,” she said with even redder cheeks than earlier before starting the ride back to their house and leading the way back there.

~*~•~*~

Cody followed suit in throwing the other bucket on Chestnut and scrubbed him as well until his own coat shone. He then also picked out his horseshoes until they were much cleaner than they were.

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay and I hope to be up by then to see you guys off and then I’ll probably head back to sleep afterward,” she said in reply before lightly kissing him back on the lips and then also heading to her own room. She unmade her bed and then got into it, falling asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Edited by SkySong278

Once back at the house, he unpacked what the had, lit a few candles and reused the glasses for a little bit more wine leading her up to the bedroom. He set down the glasses and took her hand pulling her close and started to humm softly swaying with her gently. Then he kissed her, then down her neck still humming softly.

~~~

A blush crossed Zane's face as he laid back running his fingers over her scar on her belly softly fighting to keep his eyes open. "I look forward to seeing you in those dresses Avery got you. They look lovely. And they'll be lovelier on you." He said kissing her nose.

----

Once both ponies where cleaned up, he took them both to get penned then headed to the wearhouse. He flopped on the plush rug once he entered the home. "I'mma go sleep here...." He mumbled though the velvet. 

----

Edward stayed up to read a little bit before falling asleep.

He was up at six, forgoing breakfast in favor of waking up each of his guards and making sure they are a decent meal.

Alex helped unpack their picnic stuff when they got back to the house and then followed him up to their room after drinking a bit of wine. She wrapped her arms around his neck when he pulled her close to him and started dancing while humming, enjoying hearing him do that as well as dancing with him. She kissed him back when he kissed her and then moaned softly when she felt him kiss down her neck.

~~~
Alex was also blushing a bit when she cuddled close to him, one of her fingers trailing down the light scar on his chest that went from shoulder to hip while he softly trailed one of his fingers over her only scar. “You’ll have to wait to see them on me until next week when we’ll be in Spain. Why thank you,” she said in reply before kissing him on the cheek and then falling asleep afterward.

~*~•~*~

Cody helped Ave bring Lilly and Chestnut back to their stables after they had gotten them clean and then followed the former into the warehouse before walking around him when he had plopped down on the rug after he had gotten onto it. “I’m sorry love but I don’t think that’s a good idea. It might be better for you to sleep in your bed and plus it’ll be more comfortable,” he said after chuckling slightly she before he picked him up and brought him to that piece of furniture.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia woke up at seven the next morning, dressing into a casual dress before heading downstairs. She was going to see Edward and his guards of and then would go back to bed after they left. She smiled at the guards that were in the kitchen and looked around for Edward because she didn’t see him right away.