SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“Oh but I thought we were going to splurge a bit on that or was that the mattress? I forget now, but I know we were going to splurge a bit on the bed in some capacity. That was thoughtful of them to do,” she said before watching as he washed her dishes for her before hearing everything else he said and asked. “Okay and sure,” she said in reply before going upstairs to their room to clean up as requested.

~*~•~*~

“Okay and me, too. Yes, we can because they’re probably busy moving the furniture in now. Zane’s family is probably helping them out which is good,” Cody said in reply before bringing their dishes over to the sink to be washed, dried and put away after seeing the gifts they had gotten for them that were near the front door of the warehouse.

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay,” she said in reply just before the king walked in and saw them. She then followed after them and Gwen after the latter looked back at her husband and they both sat down.

“Well this is certainly a surprise. I wasn’t expecting to see you here Alivia. I thought you had gone back home yesterday after the celebration feast was over,” Gwen said with a surprised look on her face.

“I spent the night here, but I sent a letter to my parents to let them know so that they wouldn’t be worried. It was getting late so I figured it would be safer to stay here instead of heading home in the dark,” she said in reply with a small smile.

Edited by SkySong278

"It was a mattress. That one is old and my back can't take it. " He said. He opened the windows and started to talk loud. "Alright! Everything for the upstairs bedrooms are going to be the first things moved in! Next is the second floor bedroom and bathroom, lastly the downstairs kitchen, dinning, living room, family room and spare bedroom. " He called to his family. "This includes anything that goes on the walls such as pictures, shelves, and lights. We'll be starting with a the bed frame, bedside tables, dresser and mirror." He explained as a few members went to the front to collect the items and started to lift them up into the house and up the stairs. Zane had his wife guide them and tell them where she wants the items. 

----

"Indeed. He's got plenty of family helping out with that. " He said and went over to get dressed. "Can we go for a walk through the forest? I need more material for my spells and a quiet walk through nature is perfect to relax after being stressed for the last three weeks. "

-----

"Understandable. After what happened last time, I'm quite glad you stayed here for the night. " Harold said softly with a smile.

"Father, mother.... We need to talk about that day. About why I left that day.." Edward started. 

Alex hung up her dress and his suit in the closet before picking up some other things that were on the floor. She then went to the banister when she was done to hear everything Zane said to his family about where they were going to start and then directed them where she wanted some things that were being brought up. Once they were placed in their proper places, she went downstairs with them to get a few other things that weren’t too heavy for her to carry up.

~*~•~*~

“Mhm that he does,” he said in reply before hearing the question and other statement that followed. “Sure that sounds like a good idea. Okay and I’m sorry you’ve felt stressed.”

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia nodded before she turned her attention to being on Edward while Gwen did the same when they heard him start speaking.

“Okay dear. Why did you leave that day?” Gwen said and asked in reply to start off that conversation before starting to eat her breakfast.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane helped move in the bed as his mother and grandmother organized the kitchen things, setting up the spice rack, the pan rack, cups, plates and bowls in a nice hutch. Brand new tableware and knife set along with cushions for the dinning chairs. The bed frame was an elegant sleigh design in light wood with flowers painted on the curls. Simple paint job, but added a touch of color and flair. 

A rug came in next, soft Egyptian cotton sheets for the bed and soft light blankets with a mink over blanket and a chest bench came along with it followed by a full length mirror. It was only a half hour before the bedroom was done along with the kitchen. They moved on to the next level, two twin beds plus matresses, bedside table, desk, a half mirror that propped up on the desk, and a chifferobe.((a half closet half dresser)) Next room came a surprise, things where already moved in, this was a crib two chairs, a changing table, two soft rugs, a toy box with a few toys inside, a wooden rocking horse and a half dresser was inside. Zane called for his wife to see the room once he opened the door. 

----

"Don't be dear. Weddings are a mess and don't always go so smoothly. Teacher has been to several weddings and had me help with the magic and ceremony part of the wedding, usually it's for Lords and wealthy merchants. I planned my sister's wedding to be a bit more homey feeling. No tailored dresses, no huge display of fireworks and cathedrals or ball rooms filled with people who are only there for the feast. I liked it and I'm glad she loved it too." He said getting dressed in his woman's ridding outfit and shaved the stubble from his face. 

---

"I felt like you always compared me to Zane. You never spoke about my accomplishments with me or to others, you never asked me how I felt when Princess Danielle didn't work out. I felt like I was in your shadow my whole life and you just expected the best from me without much effort. " He began softly looking at his plate. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Alex helped move the other furniture and placed them all where they needed to go in their room before she helped in the other bedroom after theirs was done. She was very surprised at the quickness at which everything was done, but then reminded herself that they had a lot of help which made her thankful for Zane’s family being in town and for them being the ones to help them with everything. She’d be grateful as well if Cody and Ave helped them, too. She then grew curious when Zane called her so she went to where he called her, hands going to her mouth in surprise when she saw all the furniture that was there.

“Oh wow mi amor. This is great. I forgot we had this room. Did you get this set up in advance before we married or earlier today before you woke me up?” she said and asked when she found her voice again and after she got her composure under control.

~*~•~*~

“I understand. I’m glad you made Alex’s wedding stress-free and perfect and that everyone loved it,” Cody said in reply before dressing in clothes he can ride in. “Ready to go if you are,” he said shortly after and then headed outside to get their horses ready.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia continued to eat quietly while Gwen listened to everything he said, feeling bad for everything he said that they did or didn’t do for him.

“I’m sorry we did and didn’t do those things. We realized that when you ran away and regretted it. I’m so sorry and I promise to do better from now on,” she said with tears in her eyes.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane shook his head. "But I didn't do this. "  He looked to his family.

"I did." Rayna said softly. "These were the things in your nursery. I had them brought from the mansion to here during the sickness and you both where away. It gave me something to do, and hope that my son would survive. My papa hunted down your father after what he did and forced him to marry me after I found out about you. Papa had these furnishings made for his first grandchild. I wanted them to be for my own first grandchild too. " Rayna said as her brother shooed the rest of the family out to the yard again. Rayna kissed Zane's forehead and then both of  Alex's cheeks. "I feel like I have my smiling baby boy back because of you Alex. I'm proud to call you Mija. " She said with a kind smile.

----

Avery followed him outside and got Lilly ready and got on. "Last one to the forest is a stink bug!" He yelled then his mare tore off through the city and out the gate quickly passing the twisted tree and closing in on the woods. 

----

"Thanks mother.." Edward said and looked at his father. 

"Son, what made you think we're not proud of you? You broke the test record that I myself made at the academy by a landslide! You can cleve a log from a thirty year old tree in half with one swing of an axe. You hefted the claymore and swung it around single handedly! These things are quite a feat in themselves, however you never seemed to brag about them yourself. The only reason I didn't say anything about those things was because I was proud that you did do those things, yet where still humble. You helped your fellow schoolmates study harder when they failed and found ways to help them absorb the information in the unique ways you taught them. You chopped the logs of a tree that was fallen in a storm ad handed out the pieces to those who needed to rebuild the houses that tree fell on. And you picked up that claymore, handing it back to your opponent in a swordfight so you both where on equal grounds and he didn't have to fight weaponless. As for the princess, it was you who swallowed your tears and proposed a different tactic to unify the kingdoms in a different way, then suggested that we find a queen within our own borders to straighten the bond between the royals and the people. The entire time, you did not show any signs of pain, so you looked strong for the next face of our kingdom. I am sorry my son, I don't know how to express my appreciation for being able to raise what will be the greatest King this nation has ever seen, but I truly am proud of you Edward" Harold said tears falling from his eyes. 

Edward was a mess at this point and lept up hugging his father then mother crying. "I'm sorry I ran away! I should have told you both sooner how I felt."

“Oh?” Alex asked with a surprised look on her face before also looking around at his family until she heard Rayna’s voice. She looked over at her before hearing everything she said afterward. “I had no idea you did that while we were sick around that time. Thank you so much,” she said before both of her cheeks were kissed and then she heard the rest of what she said after that. “I’m glad I’m able to make him happy again and I’m also glad to call you mom,” she said in reply with a smile and also with a small blush as well.

~*~•~*~

Cody followed him to where their horses were, getting Chestnut ready before riding after Avery and Lilly. “Hey!” he yelled after him with a small laugh after getting over the surprise he had felt and quickly rode after him in an attempt to get ahead of him.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia listened to everything his mom and then his dad said, not helping the tears that came to her eyes that fell down her cheeks when she watched the emotional hugging of Edward and his parents.

“You’re welcome,” Gwen said in reply before hearing everything Harold said afterward. She also got tears in her eyes before they were both hugged but separately by Edward. “It’s okay. Did you at least have a nice break? It seems to have helped with getting your feelings a bit more under control,” she said in reply while sniffing and holding him in a hug but not too tight.

Edited by SkySong278

Rayna smiled and hugged Alex tightly. "Now come on, we have lunch ready, hope you like  chicken molè." She said and headed down stairs. 

"I'm sure getting spoiled with all my favorite foods." Zane said following after his mom holding on to Alex's hand. "After lunch we only have a few more rooms to do up stairs then we set up the living room. " 

-----

"My eggs!"

Avery was nearly there when he stopped Lilly making her rear in surprise and turned in front of Cody to stop him. "A mother snake's nest is around here. I just heard a shout. " He turned to the grassy field. "We won't hurt your nest Mrs. Snake. We'll walk our horse's so they can't get spooked and run off. "  He said and dismounted carefully.

-----

Edward nodded. "It was nice being out there. I did have some time to think about everything." He let go of his mom and sat down again taking Alivia's hand. "Mostly about Lady Alivia here though. I really missed her and I felt bad for leaving like that. "

Alex hugged her back with a smile before nodding in reply to what she said about lunch being ready and was prepared for them. “I don’t think I’ve had it yet but I’m sure that I’d love it,” she said in reply before Zane took her hand and she heard everything he said. “Seems like it. So we’ll be completely done after the living room? We can go riding after we’re done if you’d like and perhaps have a picnic dinner if your family won’t have anything already made for us.”

~*~•~*~

Cody stopped Chestnut short when he saw Avery have Lilly be in front of him to stop him. He nodded when he heard the explanation he said before also dismounting shortly afterward. He then held onto Chestnut’s reins and started to walk with him slowly towards the creek.

•*•~°~•*•

“I’m glad to hear it dear. Oh?” Gwen said and asked in reply curiously before watching him sit back down beside Alivia and take her hand and also before hearing everything else he said. She sat back down as well and asked with a smile and twinkling eyes, “Does that mean you have chosen a queen?”

Alivia blushed a bit when she felt Edward take her hand as well as hearing what he said about missing her and thinking about her. “I missed you as well,” she said softly where only he could hear. She then blushed a bit darker when she heard what the queen asked and went back to eating her breakfast to try to hide the darker blush now on her cheeks.

Edited by SkySong278

"I would but they'll probably stay for dinner too." He said as they went into the back yard and sat down with the rest of his family taking his plate that was handed to him and started to eat. 

---

"Do you still have that amulet that helps you speak with animals or has the spell on it worn off by now?" Avery asked as they reached the creek and he let Lilly drink. 

--

Edward flushed scarlet. "Oh, no no no... It's still too soon. I truly love Alivia, but it is up to her if she wants to be queen. Let our courtship last a little longer before you start sending wedding invitations to the neighboring royalty." 

She let out a small sigh before following him outside with the rest of his family. She sat down beside him after being handed a plate as well. She started to eat her food as well while listening to the conversations around them.

~*~•~*~

“I do but I think that ability has a worn off. I can give it back to you when we get back to the warehouse,” Cody said in reply to Avery’s question while also leading Chestnut to the water for a drink.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia blushed a bit darker than earlier while hearing everything Edward said. “I wouldn’t mind being queen, but I agree with what he said about letting our courtship go a bit longer before sending out invites. We need a bit more time to get to know each other a bit more,” she said in reply after a few minutes.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane tilted his head hearing her sigh and thought for a moment, got up and set his plate down and put his fingers in his mouth letting out a shrill wolf whistle so everyone in the yard went quiet. " Mi Amigos y mi familia, my wife and I would like to have this done by dinner, we would like to go out on a lovely picnic together. We both want to thank you for helping us today, and the gifts you brought us, it'll certainly make our home unique. " Zane said. "No need to get upset," he continued as his aunt and uncle's started to glare at him saying something about coming all the way here to see him in Spanish before he cut them off. "Alex and I will be making a trip to Spain, to see the place I was born, to share with her a large part of my culture with her. We'll visit some of you while there. " He said calming down a few of his family members and got a smile from his mom. "They just got married and finally have good furniture in their home. Let them get settled in and enjoy themselves." She added.

---+

"No it's okay. That kind of spell requires a potion and a mythic familier. You can keep it, I just wondered because you would have heard the snake too if it still worked. " Avery said and crouched down picking herbs along the waters edge. 

--

Harold nodded in agreement. "Alright, we won't rush things for you two, but it's good to hear you are getting along. " He said softly and Edward nodded squeezing Alivia's hand gently.

((sorry. I was catching up on watching ATLA episodes on Netflix. it’s back on there))

Alex jumped a bit when she heard the shrill whistle that Zane let out before hearing everything he said to his family and friends. She blushed a bit when she saw the glares he was getting from his aunt and uncles. She then blushed a bit more when she heard what his mom said to his family afterward before turning her attention to be on Zane. “We could’ve gone later after dinner and just done a regular ride then,” she said softly to him still with the blush on her cheeks.

~*~•~*~

“Oh okay. I didn’t hear it so I guess it lost that ability,” Cody said in reply before sitting down near the water’s edge to watch the fish swimming around in the clear stream while Avery picked herbs along its edge.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia blushed a bit more when she felt him squeeze her hand and squeezed it back. “We’ve always gotten along well,” she said in reply both softly and a bit shyly.

Edited by SkySong278

((it's quite alright! I binged the whole series XD ))

Zane sat back down and tucked a hair behind her ear with a soft smile letting his fingers trail on her cheek. "Relax dear. We're married, and we should have some time to ourselves. We'll see them in Spain, or better yet, on the ship to Spain. They leave when we do. I would like some relaxing time with you my dear. A picnic sounds lovely."

-----

Avery collected herbs until the quiet got to unbearable and he verbally vomited the first thing that came in his mind. "Immacomeoutatthe wedding."  He blurted suddenly and immediately flushed pink and burrows his face in his hands still holding flowers.

---

"Im glad to hear that. It was nice seeing that you came to Zane's wedding, both of you, I know Zane is somewhat of a close cousin to you Edward. I would say brother, however I believe that title belongs to Cody, who is not only his figurative brother, Cody is quite literally his adopted brother. As for you lady Alivia you and Alex are best friends it seems, you only met the couple a few months ago. Wasn't it the other day I saw the two of you out in the archery range for target practice?"

"Father what are you getting at- wait what now? Was she teaching you to shoot a bow?" His attention went from diverting the topic to something else to focusing on the indication his girlfriend had a skilled fighting side to her. It wasn't his cup of tea, but he understood the reason a woman should know how to fight. "If you wouldn't mind, I would like to show you some hand to hand moves, so you can excape and run if the thing with the highway men happens again.... " 

((okay and it’s still there on Netflix if you want to watch it again. I was binging it on Memorial Day but I’m taking a small break from it because then it would be over too quickly. I was watching it on DVD before it was on Netflix again))

“I’d like that as well and okay. What should we have for food for the picnic? I can make a pie. I‘m just a bit embarrassed with the way your family reacted to us wanting to spend some personal time with just the two of us I guess,” Alex said in reply still with the blush on her cheeks but it was a bit lighter now in color than it was earlier while enjoying him trail his fingers over her cheek.

~*~•~*~

Cody looked a bit shocked when he heard what Avery suddenly blurted out and looked over at him. “Oh?” he asked while going over and kneeling down next to him. “I can’t wait to see how you plan on doing that at our wedding. I know it’s a surprise but I’m excited to see how you plan on doing it.”

•*•~°~•*•

“I’m glad I went as well. It was a really nice ceremony and I’m also glad that the weather cooperated so it was a nice weather day as well. Oh um yes she was helping me with some other way to protect myself,” Alivia said in reply with a small shy smile before hearing what Edward asked and said. “She was and that would help as well. I’d like that,” she said in reply. “I was also wondering if you and some of your guards could come with me when I head back home after breakfast. Just until we get through the woods and to just before the town I live in. I put in the letter to my parents to send some guards to that point so that they could escort me the rest of the way home.”

Edited by SkySong278

"They haven't seen me in a while, not since I was ten. Hmm, baking with this many people in the house may be hard to do, and I'd like you to help choose where things go in the living room. Let's see, we can have cold roasted pork with the rice, some cinnamon charros for dessert, I've seen them around here, abuela made them... And should we have some wine?" He said with a smile. "Or should we wait for that until we get back and light some candles?" 

---

Avery looked at him. "That's going to be a surprise, but by then it'll be too late for everyone to leave without being considered rude especially with the King as the minister." Avery said softly and he plucked another herb then looked at his pocket watch. "We'll give then another hour and a half then swing by and drop off the gifts for them."

----

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll gather some guards for the trip." Edward said finishing his breakfast and excusing himself, getting up and heading out into the training yard where a few men where he called them over, asked for five volunteers to accompany him and two of those men offered to go the entire way with Alivia. 

“Oh okay. Maybe that’s why they were a bit disappointed. That’s true and I’d love to help with that. That sounds delicious,” she said in reply before hearing the question. “That sounds really nice. Will the wine be Spanish wine?”

~*~•~*~

“Alright then I can wait for the wedding to find that out,” Cody said in reply before hearing the rest of what Avery said. “Okay sounds good. I bet his family will still be there, though.”

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay,” Alivia said in reply with a smile before watching him go. She then had her attention go back to her breakfast before finishing eating it shortly afterward. “I’ll wait for him to come back in the sitting room,” she said to the king and queen with a smile after their dishes were cleared.

“Alright dear. I’m glad you stayed here overnight with us,” Gwen said with her own smile and Alivia said still with the smile on her face, “Me too.” She then went over to the sitting room and sat down on the fainting couch that was there.

Edited by SkySong278

"Yes the wine abuela got us. " He said finishing his meal. "When you're done we'll get started on the living room. "He said softly and went to clean his dish. 

-----

"Well of course they'll be there. Just at that time they should be wrapping up for the day and knowing my sister she'd like a ride and a picnic at the split tree. So I hid the tack in Zane's stall, and I have the clothes in my saddle bag so we can go right over after this." He said organizing the herbs now and rolling them carefully in a soft leather pouch.

--

Edward came into the sitting room a while later. "Did you send the letter to your parents yet? If not a couple of guards are willing to take you all the way home and I don't mind accompanying you too. I'd like to speak with your parents about the chaperone and protection situation for the next month and a half while Zane and Alex are on honeymoon. "

“I love that kind of wine and alright,” she said in reply before following after him inside with her own empty dish.

~*~•~*~

“Alright and probably she and Zane would be doing that. That was a good idea to do and okay. It’ll be good to see them again,” he said in reply before sitting down beside Avery and the basket of herbs.

•*•~°~•*•

“I had sent it earlier but it’ll be nice to have a lot more protection to get through the woods just in case and I’m glad you’ll be there as well. Okay and I’m also glad you’ll be helping with that as well,” Alivia said in reply to everything Edward said when he got to the sitting room and with a smile while standing up. “Should we get going?”

Edited by SkySong278

Zane cleaned his dish and then was pulled away to help with the living room. Soon they had a weapon rack, a few books and nick-knacks to go on their shelves, a colorful rug and a table plus two different sizes of sitting chairs one dark green with leaf embroidery designs on it, and the other a rust brown color with brass buttons on the front end holding the leather to the frame. "It looks... Chaotic." A cousin said softly with a distasteful look.

"Just like our relationship, Chaotic but somehow it fits." Zane joked with a chuckle.

---

Once all the herbs where packed away he stood up and checked his watch. "We should get going. Foot traffic in the main square is a nightmare at this time, so by the time we get there it'll be wrapped up." He said softly and held out a hand to help Cody up. He smiled at the ring on Cody's finger. "Perhaps we can tell them about our engagement?"

--

Edward nodded. "Yes, the guards are ready as are our horses. I'd rather get you home before dusk. Seems we slept late or the day just went by quickly." He said looking out at the mid afternoon sky. 

Alex went with him and the other members of his family to the living room to help them get it set up. When they were done and she heard what one of Zane’s cousins said as well as what he said. “Oh? Our relationship is chaotic? I had no idea,” she asked and said with a slight tilt of her head as well as a curious expression on her face and a small giggle.

~*~•~*~

“Alright sounds good and we can do that. They should know. Alex can be your maid of honor or bridesmaid,” Cody said in reply while taking Avery’s offered hand to stand back up afterward. “Ready to go when you are.”

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay then let’s get going. Maybe it just went by quickly,” Alivia said in reply before kissing him softly on the cheek and then went outside to wait for him and the guards so that they could start the trip back to her town.

Edited by SkySong278

"Relationship itself, no, the condition surrounding it.... " He said holding up his hand counting on his fingers. "After I found out you're a girl, your sister got captured by trolls, we spared at the tournament and my father found you out, then he tried to get you kicked out of the academy, when that backfired he got me arrested. Then the assassin's attempt on the queen and king, our mission to root them out then the Princess ordeal, then the sickness... I think you got the point by now." He said now up to eight. "We aren't the best at keeping a low profile and are kinda a magnet for trouble it seems." 

----

Avery fastened the basket to his saddle and got on. He made sure to make a wide berth around the area of the snake then made his way into town. They passed by the prince on his way out the people making way for him and the armed guards around Alivia. Avery waved at them with a smile. Once at his sister's shared house he got off and pulled out the parsol of the clothes he bought for Alex. Zane's family where milling around but it did seem less crowded, a majority of the cousins and extended family went back to the inns. Only the immediate family on his mother's side stayed to finish cleaning up and washing the dishes packing away the ones that where brought to the house so there where enough for everyone to get a plate. Avery knocked on the open doorway. "Hello Mrs.  And Mr. Rodriguez how are you doing today? We have gifts for you and a small announcement as well." He said stepping inside with a cheeky smile. He held out the package first. "This is for you Alex. I hope you'd wear them on your trip. Your gift is in the stables Zane. "

----

Edward joined her and then headed through the town. He nodded to avery's wave and continued out of the gate, over the draw bridge and into the woods where he was on high alert now. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Ah and yes I do understand now. I’m glad I have a partner in crime to help with all the trouble we get into. It’s not as much fun to do it all on our own or by ourselves I’m sure,” she said in reply with a smile before stepping out of the way of the family members that were still there so that she wouldn’t accidentally run into them.

~*~•~*~

Cody followed after Avery when he got onto Chestnut, giving the snake a wide berth as well while still continuing to follow the former into town. When they got close, he also saw the prince on his way out of the town and waved to him as well with a smile then went back to following his fiancé to Zane and Alex’s house afterward. He dismounted and went inside before smiling a greeting at the newly weds.

“Hey Ave and Cody. We’re doing fine. How about you guys? Oh okay and what announcement is that I wonder?” Alex said and asked back when she saw them come in before hearing everything else Ave said and then taking the package afterward. “Oh thank you and I will. I’ll have to try them on.”

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia got onto Yue before riding with Edward and the guards away from the castle. She waved at Cody and Ave as well when she saw them before looking ahead of them again and around at the woods surrounding them. She hoped nothing bad would happen this time while letting out a small sigh.

Edited by SkySong278

"As for the announcement, after you guys left I, in a quiet corner to not draw attention from your day, proposed to Cody who accepted. I got tired of waiting for him to propose to me so I decided to do it myself. " Avery smiled. 

"Zane laughed. "Made the girl do it? You overthink things brother." He said pulling Cody under his arm. "Let the girls talk I want to show you my new house. My family did a good job huh?" He waved around to the furniture.

"Id like to see your face when you open them. It's a traditional Sahar outfit, belly dancer and married women where these with the bangles, charms, and little bells to show they are untouchable by men, in that country to harm a married woman or dancer is a high crime, and given that the men often have harems of two or more women, violence against them is uncalled for. Unmarried woman wear dresses that are more conservative and harder to get off to preserve their purity. " He explained looking around the house. "It looks nice now, less like an empty husk and more lived in. "

---

Edward rode close to Alivia, one hand on her saddle horn and the other on the hilt of his sword ready to draw in a instant. He relaxed when the town came into veiw and her guards where waiting for them outside the forest. "I'll still ride to your home. " He said softly and patted her hand before moving his horse away to give her more room. 

“I was at a loss as how to word my proposal so that’s why I was a bit delayed. I wanted to ask you for advice but kept forgetting. I definitely wasn’t expecting for her to ask me nor did I intend on her doing it,” Cody said in reply to Zane’s question and statement before he was pulled under his arm and he heard the other statement and question he said and asked. “Alright and yes they did a very good job,” he said in reply while looking at all of the furniture that was moved into the house.

Alex nodded before opening the parcel to reveal the clothes that Avery had gotten for her. “Oh wow Ave. It’s marvelous. I can’t wait to try them on,” she said with a bright smile after looking over the outfit and the jewelry that came with it. “Thank you and yes it does, doesn’t it?” she said and asked in reply to what he said last.

~*~

Alivia smiled over at Edward when she saw him ride close to her, feeling a bit better than earlier and less nervous. She also continued to look around at their surroundings until she saw the end of the woods come into sight as well as the guards that her parents had sent to meet them there. She sighed quietly in relief when she saw that before hearing what Edward said. “Okay. To talk to my parents, right?” she said and asked before he pulled away some to give her a bit more space. When they made it out of the woods a few minutes later, she greeted the other guards from her parents before riding with them and Edward towards her house.

Edited by SkySong278