SkySong278

A Knight's Story

The day had finally arrived.  Zane was in the Church his hands trembling as his mother fixed his tie and corsage. "You have the rings Cody? I am so nervous right now, my hands won't stop trembling." He said shakely. "Everything is fine, only a few more minutes now." Rayna said softly then went to welcome her family as they filed in before checking on the bride.

--

Avery was doing Alex's makeup for her and her hair. "Your dress is lovely. Rayna really worked on a masterpiece. Are the flowers okay?" He asked handing her the bride's bouquet before picking up his own. Rayna came in and fixed a few folds and buttons that came undone before pulling a old vail over Alex's head. "This was mine, and my mother's, and my grandmother's. " She said fixing it to cover her face. "You ready?"

--

The King and Queen stood at the front of the church as Zane's side filled up with colorful dresses and bright matrador outfits. Zane waved to a few of his cousins and went back to staring at his trembling hands.

--

Edward came in his finest outfit, eyes holding dark circles and his face covered with a thick golden goatee and sideburns. His hair both on his head and face where cut and trimmed with a knife although the tussled look with his wavy golden hair looked good on him. He looked much older with the facial hair. He took his seat by Alivia without glancing at his parents. 

Alex was dressed in her dress and was watching Ave do her hair and some of her makeup, what she could see before closing her eyes for the mascara and eyeshadow, and when the makeup was done she took the flowers from him. “Yes the dress is very lovely, yes she did and yes also to the flowers being okay,” she said in reply to both his statements and question before Rayna came to help with the veil. “Thank you and it’s very pretty. I am but I’m also a bit nervous as well as excited,” she said with a small shaky laugh and a small flattening of her dress with one of her hands. A few minutes or so after that, her and Ave’s dad came and got ready to lead her down the aisle.

~*~-•-~*~

Cody was in the suit that Rayna had made for him and next to Zane‘s side, also waiting for Alex and Ave to come down the aisle. “Yes of course and I’m sure you’ll do just fine. Just breathe and relax,” he said in reply to his question and the statement that followed before watching as Alex and Ave’s family started to stream in and sit where they needed to and their dad go to the place where they both were. He figured that he was getting ready to lead her down the aisle.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia sat down where she needed to, wearing a silver gown that covered her knees but not her feet and white sandals on her feet. Her hair was pulled back in a braid and she was wearing a little bit of makeup but not too much to make her uncomfortable. She looked over to the side when she saw Edward approach out of the corner of her eye and smiled at him when he sat next to her. “I’m glad you’re here. You look very handsome,” she said softly before having her attention go to being on the front of the church where Zane and Cody were standing.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane looked like he was going to be sick. He took a few breaths as the music started.  As soon as Avery and his mother walked down the ale and he could see his wife he burst into tears covering his mouth with a hand and had a look of pure love in his watering eyes.

-

Before Rayna and her brother left Alex Rayna smiled softly. "Don't worry, your husband is just as nervous. You look beautiful." She said as the music began.

--

Edward smiled a little bit. "Thanks. You look lovely." He stood up with everyone else when the bride came in. 

“That’s good to know and I feel a bit better knowing that. Thank you,” Alex said in reply before Rayna left with Ave down the aisle and she was left with their dad.

“You look beautiful,” Marcus said with a smile before offering her his arm which she took and said before walking down the aisle with him afterward, “Thanks dad.” She smiled a bit more when she saw Zane, having tears in her eyes as well when she saw how handsome he looked. When they got to be in front of the altar, she kissed her dad softly on the cheek before joining Zane in front of the priest. He said what all he needed to after she signed the marriage agreement papers and also before they got to the vows. She repeated what the priest told her to and then it was time to say the I do’s. “Do you take Zane Rodriguez as your husband?” he asked her to which she said, “I do.”

~*~-•-~*~

Cody sniffed a bit himself when he saw how beautiful Avery looked in his dress and smiled at him when he came down the aisle before turning his attention to being on Alex when he saw her coming with her and Ave’s dad. He then briefly looked over at Zane to see his reaction and smiled a bit more when he saw that he had tears in his eyes at seeing her. Then he turned his attention to being on both of them after Alex joined Zane and listened to everything that she and the priest said while smiling all the while.

•*•~°~•*•

“You’re welcome and thank you,” Alivia said in reply with as small blush on her cheeks before standing up with him and everyone else when Alex walked down the aisle. She then had her attention be primarily on them and the priest after the latter joined Zane while listening while the ceremony started.

Edited by SkySong278

When they signed the martial document and had it signed as sealed by the queen and king Zane was a hiccuping blubbering mess. He repeated the vows once they paused to give him a moment to collect himself before continuing. "Do you Take Alexandra Conners as your wife?" 

"Si, I do." Zane said. I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest said. 

Zane lifted the vail and scooped her up in a big smooch. By the time he pulled away, his side of the family already started up a mariachi band, waving maracas and; as Zane and Alex lead the procession out of the church and to several tables set outside under tents with the banquet on it, they threw uncooked rice on them for good luck.

---

Avery couldn't stop grinning the entire time. It went flawlessly and the dinner was set up to be outside of the church so they can enjoy the late spring, early summer weather.  He took Cody's hand and followed the happy couple outside.

---

Edward couldn't help but smile at Zane's pure joy at finally making his true love his wife. "That was a very nice ceremony." He said as the loudness began to dim somewhat as the three dozen people on Zane's side filled outside to eat. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

When it came time for them to kiss and her veil was lifted so that it could happen, Alex smiled at him before kissing him back after he scooped her up to do so. She was still smiling when they led the procession out of the church and to the area where a banquet was set up under tents on the church’s lawn and then waved at Zane‘s family before and after they were outside. She wanted to talk to them, but she figured that she’d have a chance to do that when they made their rounds and would be talking to everyone there.

~*~-•-~*~

Cody clapped with everyone else after Zane and Alex kissed and then walked out with Ave and towards the tents. “You did a very good job in planning this love. You also look very lovely,” he told him after he sat down at a table close to the pathway.

•*•~°~•*•

“Yes it was. I’m happy for them,” Alivia said in reply after clapping with everyone else there and before they led the procession outside. “Meet you outside? You can also sit with me if you’d like to,” she asked and said after a few minutes or so before moving to be outside the pew and in the aisle.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane ran over, hugged his mom and stood awkwardly near a elderly couple both in colorful clothes and deeply sun kissed skin, the man looked regal like a retired bull fighter and the woman had the same beauty his mother had. He said a couple things before the man hugged him and he stiffened like he wasn't sure of it. He then brought them over to Alex to chat while everyone else for settled in their seats. He spoke in Spanish.

"Alex, meet my grandparents. This is Miguel and this Elaina. Remember the ring I gave you the first time, right after you got knighted? That was my abuelo's he gave it to abuela who then gave it to mamí. They where asked to get a piece for the living room and brought a rug from Spain. Our house will be full of color by the time we get everything moved in!" He said with a grin. 

Both grandparents hugged her tightly. "I also brought the best dessert wine, so your life may always be sweet! " Elaina said softly holding out a lovely rosè wine.

--

Avery blushed at his complement and sat down beside him. "And you look very handsome.  Thank you. Everything is going quite swimmingly."

--

"I would like to walk with you outside. " He said softly glancing at his parents. He took her arm and stroked his goatee. "I didn't have time to clean up more, I road in and had to get a hot bath and my hair cut from the langth it was. I'm sorry for how I reacted, things got messy back then with the bandits. I'm glad you are doing better. I still hurt, just not as much as it did then. It's been about two weeks now. I would like to have sent you letters but I was in the middle of nowhere at the time." He said softly as they reached a table and he pulled out a chair for her. 

Alex walked around, introducing herself to a few of Zane’s cousins and chatting with them a bit before she saw him come over with an elderly couple. She listened to everything he said including what their names were as well as where her first engagement ring came from and how their house would look like after everything was moved in.

“Of course and it’s a pleasure to meet the both of you. Thank you very much and thank you for coming. I’ve been looking forward to meeting all of you,” she said in reply with a smile before taking the offered bottle of wine.

~*~-•-~*~

“Thank you and you’re welcome. Yes it is and it looks like Alex is getting along so far with Zane‘s side of the family,” Cody said in reply before looking over to where she and Zane currently were.

•*•~°~•*•

“Okay,” Alivia said in reply before walking outside with Edward after he took her arm in his and then listened to everything he said before they got to a table and he pulled a chair out for her. “Thank you and I’m glad to hear that you’re better. It’s okay and I’m glad that I’m better as well,” she said in response to him pulling out the chair for her as well as in reply to his statements before sitting down. “You know when I said I love you when I was still recovering from the sweating sickness and you came to visit me because you were worried I meant it,” she said after a few minutes with a small blush on her cheeks as she looked at him.

Edited by SkySong278

The elders looked at each other with surprise hearing that she understood what they said let alone speak it well. "Forgive our shock. We rarely leave Spain yet we live in a city that many foreigners come to. They all learn how to listen to us speak, but rarely speak it themselves. This is lovely, it'll make shopping trips with my new granddaughter far easier. The best places are run by those who don't know English well. " Elaina said hopping up and down at the thought of getting some bonding time with her new granddaughter on their (Alex and Zane's) honeymoon. 

Zane smiled a little bit at his grandmother's excitement. "Please sit down abuela, dinner is about to start." He said as he looked around seeing nearly everyone seated now, even the King and Queen. "Oh! And don't worry about me stealing all your time Alex, our shopping trip would only be half a day. Don't want to miss siesta time!"

she went and sat down.

---

Once all was seated, Avery clapped his hands and the catering staff lifted the silver plate covers off the food and a lovely Hispanic spread was laid before them. From Spain, Portugal, and Moroccan meals where presented to them. 

Avery took some meat and rice that was on the less spicy side, not being a big fan of spicy food when he started doing magic. Magic and spice makes his spells fizzle and awful burp attacks. 

--

Edward dishes out once the food was uncovered after sitting down beside her. "While I was away, I was doing a lot of thinking about us. I really do care for you... And I thought I cared for that princess however I realized there's a difference between the mind tricking the heart and being conditioned to love somebody you never met, and the heart yearning for someone and bringing them to mind. What I'm trying to articulate here is that I have recognized the feelings for the princess were false and the ones I harbor for you are true." He said softly looking at his plate. 

Alex smiled when she saw their shock before listening to everything Elaina said afterward. “It’s quite alright and that’s very interesting. I’m excited to do that with you myself,” she said before smiling a bit more when she saw how excited she was. “I won’t and I can’t wait to do that with you,” she said in reply to the last thing she said before she went to sit down.

Then after both Elaina and Miguel were sitting down she turned to Zane and asked in English, “Siesta time?” She wasn’t quite sure what that was and wanted to ask now before their trip so she wouldn’t embarrass herself with not knowing what it was.

~*~-•-~*~

Cody looked at all the food that was uncovered before getting some himself. He got some spicy food on his plate and some water before sitting back down beside Avery. “This is really good food,” he said after swallowing the bite he had been chewing before continuing to eat more of the food in front of him.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia got some of the food as well before sitting back down beside him. She was enjoying a bit of the food when she heard everything he said softly. “I’m glad. I was a bit worried that wasn’t the case, but now I’m not. So, I’m guessing that soft kiss we shared before you left was real as well?” she said and asked softly in reply while gently putting her hand over his.

Edited by SkySong278

"Siesta time is from 2 pm to 5pm. Because the heat in Spain is so intense at times, siesta is a way to get out of the hottest part of the day and it limits work hours. Most often that's when people take a short nap, eat long lunches and whatnot. Restaurants and bars close around 4pm and don't open until 8 or 9pm. Spaniards take siesta quite seriously although they don't have it here because the weather is mild and it's not as humid. " He explained with a smile. "The night life is beautiful in Spain and music pours out from every corner. You'll love it." 

----

"Thanks. I have done some research on the foods and recipes, meaning a lot of time down at the docks. It looks like others are enjoying it too. " He remarked and ate his pork. 

---

It was hard to tell his bush with the hair on his face, but his nose and ears turned red. "Um... Yes that was real. I apologise for not asking you beforehand... " He said softly fork pushing around his tamale.

((I want to join your shifter to, but I feel bad if I just abandon my pack one. I think I'll stick with just two characters. Can they be siblings (fire and an adopted water bender) ?))

((that’s fine and I’d love it if you joined it :). that’s also okay))

She listened to everything he said with interest, making mental notes of the activities that were included in siesta so that she knew and also possibly what they could do while there. “Sounds wonderful and it also sounds like I would. When do we head there?” she said and asked in reply before reaching over and taking one of his hands in one of hers. “Now I’m officially Mrs. Rodriguez and it has a nice ring to it.”

~*~-•-~*~

“You’re welcome and oh. Is that what you were doing all those times? I never knew and yes that it does,” he said in reply before continuing to eat his chicken enchilada.

•*•~°~•*•

“It’s okay. I enjoyed it,” she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks that made her ears a bit warm as an extension. She then turned her attention to be on her Spanish rice and Pico de Gallo shortly afterward and started to eat them.

Edited by SkySong278

"When the family heads back next week. So we have time to move everything in the house, set it up and get packed up. " He took her hand and squeezed it and kissed her ring. "Well then Mrs. Rodriguez, how are you enjoying your dinner so far? " He said softly finishing his plate. 

---

"Sorry I thought I told you I was doing that. It must have slipped my mind." He said softly and then got quiet like he was deep in thought. Then his golden eyes lit up when he got an idea. "Darling I have the best idea ever! I know how I'm going to reveal myself!" He giggled. "Oh but I'll keep it a secret. " He said teasingly. "I want it to be a surprise."

--

The tortilla chips he was holding snapped and crumbled in his fingers. "Uh... I um... Don't know exactly how to respond to that.." he said trying to string together words that seemed to elude him at the moment. 

“Oh okay. I can’t wait. I’ll enjoy helping move things into our house and decorate it,” she said in reply before smiling a bit more when she felt him kiss her ring and heard what he asked. “I love it. It’s really good,” she said before finishing eating herself. “You look very handsome in your suit by the way.”

~*~-•-~*~

“Oh maybe you did and I don’t remember. It’s okay if you ended up not telling me,” he said in reply before having his attention be primarily on his food again while continuing to eat it. He then looked a bit interested when he heard what Ave said in his last few statements but then it faded slightly when he said about him not telling him registered. “Aw that’s no fair. You can’t just say you have an idea to get me interested and then not share it.”

•*•~°~•*•

“Oh um you don’t have to say anything,” she said in reply with the blush still on her cheeks while still looking down at her plate and her food. “Would you like to go riding later?” she asked a few minutes later after eating another bite of her food.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane grinned and straitened his tie. "I really like this, it fits well and definitely flatters me. I'll enjoy not having a nearly empty house and actually having it start to feel like a real home. By the way, I never told you- not that I needed to by my reaction in the church but, you look absolutely drop dead gorgeous in that dress. " He said softly tipping her head up for a kiss. 

---

Avery giggled some more. "But that'll ruin the surprise! Don't worry, it'll involve you, just a few things need to happen to be able to go through with the plan and both of them require you. But... Still I'm not telling. " He grinned at him. "Hm... Maybe if I could......" He trailed off in thought and pulled out a book and scribbled some runes in it for a plan. 

--

"That sounds nice. " Edward said his blush faideing as he calmed down more. "I'd like to take out my horse. I've been barrowing someone's horse because my horses hoof prints are unique. The shoes are a special make and have little hooks on them for icey and Rocky terrain."

“Your mom does a really good job with everything she makes. She told me that this dress is her best yet and I have to agree. It’s very comfortable as well. I wonder if the same is for your suit, it being her best I mean. Me, too. Oh um thank you and it’s still nice to hear verbally,” she said in reply before kissing him back after he tilted her head up to do so.

~*~-•-~*~

“Aw okay but glad I can be part of your super secret surprise,” he said in reply before going back to eating his food as Avery started to write some things down.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia’s blush faded slightly as well when she heard his response to the question she had asked, feeling better after hearing it. “Oh I didn’t know there was such a thing for horse shoes. I might need to get some for Yue soon.”

Edited by SkySong278

After the kiss there where a few speeches and then the cake cutting. The gifts would be brought to their home tomorrow afternoon. After the cake, Zane got up. "Would you like to have your dance with me Mrs. Rodriguez?" He said with a bow and holding out his hand to her.

--

Avery smiled and kissed his cheek. "You're welcome dear " he too made a speech when it came time and happily ate cake and watched as Zane offered to have their first dance to his sister.

--- 

"Would it be rude to leave early?" He said looking tired and board. "It's a unique thing after I broke my leg trying to ride my horse up a icy cliff. Horse slipped and fell on me." He explained

She cut the cake with him after the speeches and then after she ate her piece of cake, she was asked to have their first dance together by Zane. “Of course mi amor,” she said before taking his offered hand and then getting up afterward. “We can treat it like the first night of the ball back when we were in knight training and we danced there,” she said softly.

~*~-•-~*~

Cody smiled back at him before he (Avery) gave a speech he came up with for Alex and Zane after cake. He smiled when he saw them that close, knowing that they had been waiting for this day since their engagement which was awhile ago now (forget how many days ago it was).

•*•~°~•*•

“I don’t think so. I’ll tell Avery just so that one person can know and she can tell them and also give them our blessings,” she said in reply to his question before hearing the rest of what he said. “Oh okay. I didn’t know that but understandable.” Then she got up before adding a few minutes afterward, “I’ll be back.” She went over to where Avery and Cody were and said to the former with a smile, “Hello Lady Avery and Sir Cody. It was a wonderful ceremony and the food was very delicious but Prince Edward and I are going to head out. He’s a bit tired from his trip and I’m still a bit sore from the incident I was in a few weeks ago. Please tell Lady Alex and Sir Zane that for us and give them our blessings as well as our apologies for leaving early.”

Edited by SkySong278

"Ah yes, but I'm in far less pain now..." He took her hand in his, took her other hand and set it on his shoulder and pulled her close to him. "And we can get closer... And of course the music is my kind of dance music. Just follow my lead, just like we are sparring." He said nodding to the mariachi band and they started to play a flaminco salsa dance, stunning a fast guitar with knocks on the guitar, some bongos, a fiddle and castanets punctuated the rhythm.  "Keep in mind, it's all in the hips." He winked and started to sway moving his feat in a light step front and back. Once she got the hang of it, he changed hand positions, spun her out and back so her back was to him and continued to dance. "This my love is called Tango. It is a dance far better then the ridged ballroom stuff here. It's more fluid, graceful and..." He spun her out, then back and this time he grabbed her thigh, lifted it to his hip. His red eyes had a look of love and passion burning in them as he rolled his tounge like one would do in Spanish. "Rrrromantic." He stole a kiss then dipped her and the song ended. 

Cheers and whistles from the Spanish family ensued.

---

(At this point months probably a year and a half. he asked her before they went to the mission of the spies, just before she got stabbed, and even before that unofficially when she was knighted. )

Avery couldn't stop smiling at the sight of his sister being so happy knowing this was a long time in the making. When Alivia came up to him and Cody, he turned and listened to her and nodded. "Will do Lady Alivia. And call me Avery. We are friends now." He said softly turning back to the dancing. "Don't worry, I'll pass on your message. The King and Queen already retired for the night as well. You and the Prince take care now. Don't push yourselves too far. " He said still watching the dance style. "Oh honey that looks so fun! A little risque and unladylike, but the music is just so lovely!" He said jumping up and clapping when it was over. 

--

Edward watched the dance with disinterest. He wasn't big on dancing, he could move without tripping but he wasn't exactly that skilled at moving his feet either. A simple waltz is perfect then the complex,foot skipping motion that Zane was demonstrating. Edward would fall flat the first five steps. Once Alivia said her good-bye he took her arm and lead her out to the castle that was down the street from the church and into the stables to get his and her horses. 

“I’m glad you are,” she said before he pulled her closer to him after he put her hand on his shoulder while listening to everything he said. She nodded before watching what he did and matched her steps with his after awhile and before she was spun out and back in to be held close by him. “I love it,” she said in reply to what he said about what it was called as well as the description of it. When he trailed off at the end, she got curious and was about to ask what he was going to say when she was spun out again and back in but this time her thigh was lifted by him to be placed against one of his hips. She blushed a bit but then it faded when she saw the love and passion in his eyes before she was dipped and kissed. She kissed him back while wrapping her arms around his neck.

~*~-•-~*~

Cody smiled at Alivia as well when she walked up to him and Avery to tell them that she and Prince Edward were going to be leaving now and her reasons. He nodded in agreement to what Avery told her before turning his attention to be on the dance again afterward. “Yes it is but it’s a culture thing. It does look fun,” he said in reply to what he said before getting up as well and clapping along with him when the dance was over.

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia nodded when she heard what Avery said and then walked back over to where Edward still was after the dance was over and then was led away from the castle and towards the stables when clapping and cheering were heard in the distance. She waited outside when he went into the stables to get their horses.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane grinned when he pulled away and righted her. He stepped aside for her daddy daughter dance, dancing with his mother at the same time in a slower and far more tame display of a simple ballroom dance. 

--

"Cultural differences fascinate me. One can be so conservative and proper while the other is loose, loud and enjoy themselves. Did you know the Spanish also celebrate their passed ancestors and relatives in a huge display of food, flowers and skeleton face paint? " He said softly eating the piece of cake that was being handed out to everyone as the dancing went on. "And there's a festival of people dressing in white clothes with red scarves and running from the bulls leading then to the maitrador stadium for bull fights. People outrun angry bulls for fun! It's weird but still fascinating."

-----

Edward started pulling out the tack and saddled up her horse then his. He laced his fingers together and squatted a little to give her a boost onto her horse in her dress. "I really do want to get to know you better. And sorry about the facial hair, it's a little itchy." He said after she got on and he washed his hands before getting on his horse and scratches his goatee.

Alex kissed him on the cheek after he righted her again after their dance and then did a ballroom dance with her dad afterward at the same time he danced with his mom. After her dance was over, she went back over to her seat, and sat down.

~*~-•-~*~

“Oh? All of that is really interesting. I’d like to go to Spain at some point to see all of that but maybe we can plan a vacation for a year or so to go there,” he said in reply after listening to everything he said with interest before finishing eating his piece of cake while watching Alex dancing with her and Ave’s dad and Zane dancing with his mom. When Alex went back to her seat he turned his attention to Ave and asked, “Would you like to dance?”

•*•~°~•*•

Alivia got up on her horse with Edward’s help before nodding in thanks to him and then listened to what he said afterward. “Oh. What else do you want to know about me that I haven’t already told you? It’s okay. Where should we ride to?” she said and asked in reply after he got up on his horse.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane got a couple more dances with his family members then sat down next to his wife. He smiled softly thinking of the word. He took her hand and kissed it. "You are mine now love. Now I can call you wife and it really is true. Let me know when you want to go. We don't have to stay here all night. " He said softly.

---

"Maybe on my potion training we can. There's some items that need to be gathered in Spain. " Avery said. "You want to dance?" He asked after a moment of quiet between them.

---

What was it that you wanted to be, like a teacher or  writer or something, and what kind of family do you dream of having... hmm, lets go to the lake and ride on the shoreline. It's near here, to the west of here. " He said guiding his horse out of the stable. 

Alex smiled over at Zane when he sat back down beside her and then listened to everything he said after he took and kissed her hand. “And you are mine. Same with me while calling you husband. Okay and oh we don’t? I thought we did. Could we leave in a few minutes then?” she said and asked just as softly in reply while rubbing the back of his hand.

~*~-•-~*~

“Okay and hey I asked you first,” he said in reply with a small pout before saying with a smile, “Of course.” He held out his hand to him after getting up from his seat.

•*•~°~•*•

“A writer and good memory. I told you that at the special ball for you. A small one with two or three kids and okay sounds good,” she said in reply before following after him on her own horse towards their destination.