SkySong278

A Knight's Story

He followed her out and headed to the blacksmith that handled his sword. The metal was difficult to work with without special knowledge of the blade so he had to use only one blacksmith and never had to sharpen it. 

----

"Well, it's said only maidens can attract them by a pond. I don't know if it will work but a pure hearted person could call a unicorn. " Avery said softly. 

She followed after him to the blacksmith to retrieve his sword. “Will you have to pay him to get it back or just pick it up?” she asked curiously when they were almost there.

-•-•-

“Oh and I guess as long as you’re pure of heart it’ll work,” Cody said in reply as he continued to ride along beside him.

"He gets paid from my father's bank. I sign a invoice and he takes it to the bank to get the money. He has a thing about customers and receiving large amounts of money directly from them. Apparently one guy gave him a bag of bolts and ten coins on a thousand gold coin project. He beat the crap out of him and got his money and project back but he's been weary ever since. Considering my sword was burned in dragon flame then cooled in it's blood, it transformed the steel into something stronger than a enchanted blade. The thing could cut through a anvil and not dull. The only thing needed to be fixed is the hilt but that's gold mixed with platinum and he's mixing diamond powder in it to make it stronger it's quite expensive. His work is always high quality."  He explained.

---

"Hopefully it works. It was around here..." He said getting off near the base of the split tree cliff where the black Pegasus was last seen. 

“Oh okay. That comes in handy I’m sure. I feel sorry for that other guy but he should have paid him the amount that the job was worth. That’s interesting about your sword. I didn’t know that. Ah okay and it sounds like he’s very talented at what he does,” she saidnin reply just as they arrived outside the smithy.

-•-•-

He nodded and then also dismounted while following after him. He figured Toro and Spot would be good enough in that small time-frame for him to not have to stay with them to make sure that they’d be good.

Edited by SkySong278

"It happened when my  great grandpa killed the dragon. He said and went into the neat shop that held amazing weapons from intricately carved bows, swords, daggers, knives , throwing knives , hatchets and axes among many other sharp implements. The man didn't look like a blacksmith at all. He was thin, reedy, with a wispy beard and acne. He introduced himself as Logan.  Zane talked for a little bit then a mountain of a man came up through a door with his sword and the invoice.  Zane signed it and took his sword back.

---

He called out to the Pegasus with his mind. 

((Can you play it again?))

“Oh okay,” she said in reply before following him into the store. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw all the intricate weapons that were there, thinking that they were very well crafted. She was still looking at them when he greeted the big, tall man that owned the store but turned just in time to see him sign what she thought was the invoice before he took his sword back. “Ready to head back?” she asked when she moved to be next to him again.

-•-•-

((sure :)))

After a little while it so after Avery sent out the call with his mind, the black Pegasus that had saved Alex the day she accidentally fell off the cliff cane and landed in front of both him and Cody.

You requested my presence? How’s that kind girl doing? I hope she’s recovering well, he asked and said while looking at Avery curiously. 

Edited by SkySong278

"After this." He said with a grin amd handed her the sword. He opened the pouch and the big man (according to the shops name was Robert but called Rob) who always held a no-nonsense I don't deal with crap look on his face  suddenly morphed into a equally terrifying look of aww when he saw the little kitten. "Such a pretty baby!" He petted Bunny with a single finger.  "He could have a play date with my babies. I take in stray cats and my house is full of them. My wife started it before she passed and my daughter Vic is keeping it up. We had three litters of kittens five weeks ago so when he's stronger he can come and socialize." He made cooing noises scratching Bunny's chin making him purr. 

"This person is good. I like them mama." The kitten mewed. 

-----

Avery spoke out loud offering the stallion a slice of a pear. "She's recovering well. The man she was with on the cliff is also really nice and she's almost completely recovered with his help. She's walking around better now. I need a couple ingredients for a flight potion and I need two black feathers from you to complete it. Could I pluck a couple of loose feathers from you? I wanted to get permission to use them for magic. "  He explained. "And if you know any mare unicorns in the area can you ask them to come to the lake? I need three tail hairs and again, I want to ask and make sure it comes from the creature itself. I know many bad spells use those materials so beautiful magical creatures like yourself are weary of mages." 

She took the sword with a curious look on her face when she saw his grin but then kind of understood when she saw him take Bunny out of the pouch to show the store’s owner. She smiled at seeing how he acted around their kitten and then also hid a small giggle behind her hand when she heard what Bunny said. “He likes you sir,” she said when she had herself composed from giggling and was only showing the smile.

-•-•-

Cody watched from a few feet away while leaning against the trunk of a nearby tree so as to not get in the way at all.

That’s good to hear on both counts. Sure I don’t see why not, the Pegasus said in reply after eating the offered pear slice before hearing everything else that was asked and said. I’ll see what I can do and you’re a much kinder mage than other ones I’ve talked with before. I’ll make sure to tell one of them that when I ask to meet you at the lake. I’ll be off then to do that and make sure to keep an eye on that girl to make sure she fully recovers. I’ve been hearing all of the other animals talking about a wedding that’s going to be happening soon that’s for her. I hope she’s fully well by then. He then took a running leap and flew back towards the way he had come, looking for mare unicorns on the way back to his herd to pass along Avery’s message.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane said his goodbyes and left for home. "Bunny must be hungry now. And so am I." He said taking her hand and holding it as they walked down the street together. 

----

"Yes, to the man you saw at the cliff. He loves her very much. Thanks for helping me!"he called out and went to Cody telling him what went on and the plans by the lake. He told him to watch but keep a distance unicorns can be skittish when it comes to swords out of fear of their horns being cut off and went sitting down by the lake. 

“I bet he is and I am as well,” she said also after saying goodbye to Robert and then enjoyed him taking and holding her hand as they walked through town to head back home. “What should we have for dinner? Also I was thinking about working on going up the stairs again after we eat,” she said and asked when they were about halfway back to their house.

-•-•-

Cody listened to everything Avery said regarding about what had occurred between him and the black pegasus. He nodded and then in reply to what he said about him staying at a distance so as not to spook the unicorn he said, “I’ll just stay here because that might be safest.” He then made himself comfortable on the ground by sitting against the trunk of the tree while keeping an eye on Avery who was now at the lake.

The black pegasus was now almost back to his herd but kept true to his word to the kind mage and passed her (forget if he’s dressed as a boy or girl but can edit if it’s supposed to be ‘he’ instead) message onto a white unicorn mare he saw on his way back. The white unicorn mare had listened to the pegasus’ message and nodded before making her way to the lake where she saw her sitting down by it.

You’re the kind mage the pegasus told me about I presume? she asked as she cautiously approached and stopped a short distance away from her.

Zane started to think about the dinner. "How about you work on the stairs while I make dinner? I'm going to make a traditional Spanish dish i haven't had for a long time. " He said with a grin. 

----

(Just assume Avery is dressed like a girl unless I scribe otherwise. I use he so I don't get confused.)

Avery nodded. "Yes, I am Avery. I know you can see through lies so I will not lie to you. I need three hairs from your tail for a flight potion. I asked the Pegasus to ask you to come because.... Well I am no maiden. " He shifted uncomfortably. "I dress like this to be more comfortable and confident. Just humans don't understand what very well and what they don't understand they hurt. I'm rambling, I'm sorry. If you allow me to, can I cut three hairs? I have a tiny pair of sewing scissors with me so I don't pluck them and hurt you."