SkySong278

A Knight's Story

Zane chuckled. "It is unusual. Don't get upset Alex. I get it a lot. Many knights can't tell a lilac from a snap dragon. "He said kissing her hand. 

--

"No I'm just surprised. As he says it's an unusual hobby. " Avery said. 

"Okay and I guess you should be glad that you do," Alex said in reply to what both Zane and Avery said before looking around for Toro and Spot. "I wonder where Toro and Spot went. Toro was in a playful mood earlier and I think he got Spot to play with him but I didn't see where they went. Oh here's your shirt back. He dropped it in my lap," Alex said before taking his shirt and dropping it in his lap from behind.

~-~-

Cody smiled as Alex seemed to relax a bit before asking curiously after the former was done saying what she did, "What should we do now?"

Edited by SkySong278

"No use really. It's split down the back. No use for sewing it. As for the horses, the yard leads into a run that goes to a field behind the castle. This was a guest house for visiting royalty before my mom acquired it so it makes sense that the yard goes to the castle. " He said looking at the shirt. "Well, I'm going to continue to train and teach Alex Spanish while doing it..." He said glancing over at the group of ladies that where now dissipating.  "You two could go exploring the castle or go riding maybe." He suggested. 

--

"Riding sounds good. " Avery said looking at Cody. "I think Zane is saying that he wants to be alone with my sister. I think he got tired of me nagging him." He giggled.

"Oh okay and that's interesting about this house and where it leads," Alex said in reply to Zane's first few statements before hearing his last two towards Cody and Avery. "Thank you for coming to check on me and thanks Avery for a few of my things as well as my favorite breakfast items and toppings to go with them and the necklace chain," she said to them with a smile after hearing her brother's choice of what he and Cody could do.

~-~-

"Okay we'll see you in a few days for dinner and you're welcome Alex," Cody said in reply to Zane and Alex's statements before everything that Avery said. "Okay and maybe," he said in reply to before chuckling a bit and then offering him his arm.

Zane watched the two leave before getting up. He  retrieved his sword once more and started to go through poses. He'd point to an object and say the name in Spanish. Like ring, necklace, a type of flower along with colors. He paused to help her pronounce some of the words laughing when she got some wrong and it ment something entirely different. 

----

Avery slipped his arm through Cody's arm and walked away from the yard leaving his sister alone with Zane. "Shall we retrieve your horse before getting mine?" He asked. 

Alex also watched Cody and Avery leave before watching Zane go back to doing some training poses with his sword and then listened closely to how to say each thing he pointed to in Spanish before trying to repeat them herself. She then frowned a bit when he laughed after she had pronounced a few words incorrectly. She then tried again but slower and ended up saying them correctly afterward.

~-~-

"Sure. Yours is at your house I presume?" Cody said and asked in reply to Avery's question before heading towards his (Cody) house to get Chestnut out of his stable.

Edited by SkySong278

"Watch how you pronounce some of the words. One missed pronunciation could make years into butts." He said still laughing a little before moving on. "Keep practicing by switching from English to Spanish and vice versa when talking to me. I'll do the same with you. That way you can learn to translate as you speak so when you meet my mama's familia you can understand them. Not all of my cousins speak English. This way you can hold a conversation with them at our wedding." He said with a blazing grin. 

--

"Yes she is, and I need to switch to riding boots. Flats aren't good for a comfortable ride. " He said and walked on the other side of Chestnut as they went to his (Avery) house to pick up his mare Lilli from her stable and switch his shoes for a more enjoyable ride.

“Okay and I’ll get my former Spanish teacher to help me as well after I’m fully recovered so that I can get better with speaking it,” Alex said in reply to everything Zane said before he gave a blazing grin. She blushed slightly when she saw it but smiled when she heard him mention their wedding. “Think we can go riding or would that not be a good idea right now?” she asked after a few minutes of watching him continue to do poses.

~-~-

“Okay,” Cody said in reply after they had acquired Chestnut and then started to head to Avery’s house. When they got there a little while later he said, “Go on inside and get your riding boots on and I’ll get Lilli out for you.”

"No." He said immediately after her question. "Riding takes the core muscles to stay on and upright. The bouncing may pull your stitches. Like it or not, I'm not going to risk you worsening your wound. I will however help you get inside so you can change in a dressing room in the back and we'll go for a short walk in the courtyard. There's plenty of benches and the ground is flat. "He said pointing beyond the four horse stable to the gate only a few feet away from the back of the small stable to the castle courtyard. "I'll put on a shirt as you change... unless you want me to stay like this.." He said giving her a cheeky grin.

-----

Avery nodded and did just that, switching into riding boots and pinning a hat to his head to keep his fair skin from getting to sunburnt. He came out with his riding gloves on. "Is she ready?"

“Okay and I know. At least I asked instead of just going and doing it anyway. That sounds good and even though I’m tempted to say that I’d like you to stay shirtless I’m going to say no because I might become jealous of the other girls that’ll swoon over seeing you like that,” Alex said in reply with a small blush to everything that he said before carefully reaching down to pick up the bag that had her clothes and a few other things of hers that Avery had brought over for her.

~-~-

When Avery went inside, Cody left Chestnut to graze in the front yard before going to the backyard and stable to get Lilli ready. After he had gotten her saddled, he led her back to the front in time to see Avery coming back out. “Yep. She’s saddled and ready to go,” he said in reply to his question before offering him a hand on getting onto Lilli’s back in order to be the gentleman that he should be.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane did just that and returned to help her walk around the courtyard. He had switched to an old shirt, sword still at his hip. He took her arm and carefully walked out across the yard and into the courtyard. 

((Sorry for power play, this is moving a bit slow for me))

------

Avery smiled, took his hand and got on, adjusting his skirts so he was comfortable and turned lili around so they could head out the back way. 

((it’s okay and we can always ts to when she’s healed if you’d like or a bit longer than that))

Alex had gone inside with Zane and had changed her clothes before going back outside with him to carefully walk the castle grounds with him. “You’re rather quiet. Is something on your mind?” she asked after a few minutes and while also still enjoying the nice weather.

~-~-

Cody got back up on Chestnut’s back and followed after Avery and Lilli out the back way of the former’s house. “Anywhere in particular you’d like to explore or are we just going to see where a path leads us?” he asked him curiously as they rode.

Edited by SkySong278

((okay :)))

A week and a half later found Alex healed from the wound she had received from the assassin that had tried to kill the queen and she was up and walking again. It was after she had gotten off work and she was working on practicing the sword moves that she had learned while training to be a knight in the backyard of Zane’s house and was looking forward to using the new move that he had taught her after she was better.

~-~-

Cody was training the young kids in the town and was looking forward to the double date that he, Avery, Zane, and Alex would have later. He was really glad that she was better and knew that Avery especially was relieved as well. He was now finishing up his training with them and then would head to Avery’s house to pick him up.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane spent longer at the castle, interrogating the assassin and came home later. He came up behind her her sword hitting his. He looked tired and warn out but the light in his eyes said he's ready to fight. He started sparring with her.

---

Avery was touching up his hair and face paint. He was also delighted about the double date tonight. 

Alex felt another sword on hers and turned halfway to see Zane with bright eyes that suggested he was ready to fight although he looked a bit tired and worn out. She wondered if it had something to do with the interrogation of the assassin but she’d ask him about that later. For now, she focused on sparring with him.

~-~-

On Cody’s way to pick up Avery, he remembered that he needed to change first into some clean clothes so he turned towards his own house first, washed his face, changed clothes and then headed to Avery’s. When he got there he knocked and was let in by his mom with a nod of thanks along with a welcoming smile and waited in the sitting room off to the left of the foyer.

Edited by SkySong278

He parried her attack and went into some different moves she taught him. He remained silent, enjoying the comfortable dance to the metallic rings of steel they were doing in the yard. Without him even telling her, he was already pushing her sword into position for his new move to be used on him. He had modified it to be used without a sword hook.

------

Avery came down in a lovely evening gown that was deep blue with silver trimmings, white lace, and black velvet patches. It was elegant yet comfortable to walk in. His hair was in a elaborate up do like a rose bun on the back of his head, a small black feather hair comb pinned it into place. 

Alex blocked the moves that he did that she taught him before doing the new move he taught her. She threw her weight to the side before dislodging his sword by knocking it out of his hand and then turned so that she was back to back with him while her sword was against his chest.

~-~-

“You look lovely dear,” Cody told Avery with a smile when he saw him come down the stairs from where he was in the sitting room. “I’m not sure though if Alex and Zane are ready yet so maybe we should start heading towards his house in a few minutes.”

He grabbed her sword arm and pulled her around in a dip kissing her deeply. "You're a fast learner dear. Now let's clean up and head over. I want to speak to your parents real quick before we go to dinner. " He said straightening her up and headed to the house unstrapping his armor as he went. He washed his face, applied scented perfume that made him smell like summer spices drying in the sun. He changed into a nicer set of silk clothes his mother finally tailored for him and brushed his hair. He met her downstairs in the waiting room of the now closed shop. 

----

"Knowing them, they are probably practicing swordplay. We'll wait for a while. Let them clean and change. How was work today?" He asked sitting carefully. 

Alex kissed him back after making a surprised sound when she was pulled around and put in a dip before saying in reply, “And you’re full of surprises. Okay.” She then followed after him to the house before getting dressed in a white and pink casual dress (has a little white mixed in), brushing her hair a bit afterward before putting on some flat white shoes, washing her face, and then heading downstairs afterward where she saw him already there and waiting for her. She also still had the chain that Avery got for her and with his ring on it around her neck. “I’m ready to go if you are,” she said with a smile.

~-~-

“Okay and good. The kids are getting better with sparring,” Cody said in reply to both Avery’s statement and question before kissing him on the cheek after he sat down in the chair next to him.

Edited by SkySong278

He held her hand and started to walk over to her home. "You look lovely my dear. " He said softly, kissing the back of her hand. 

--

"Wonderful news! I found a knife teacher and he's been working with me so I can defend myself. However he's a little.... fresh with me at times. I've told him off but he thinks I'm playing hard to get. Got dangerously close to discovering my little secret in drag. It's not my fault I feel more comfortable as a woman... I was just born in the wrong body. That's all..."

“Thanks and you look handsome,” Alex said in reply with a small shy smile as they walked to her house. They then reached the house a little while later and she opened the front door with a key she had. “Hey guys. Sorry to have kept you waiting,” she greeted Cody and Avery when they had stepped through the door and into the foyer and after the front door was closed again behind them.

~-~-

“I might have to be there at your lessons then to prevent him from continuing that. I know it’s not your fault and I understand,” Cody said in reply to everything Avery said before the front door opened and Alex and Zane came in. “It’s not a problem at all. We’re just talking,” he said in reply to her apology with a smile on his face.

Zane smiled at the couple on the couch before wandering deeper into the house searching for her father in particular. Once he was located he spoke with him for a few minutes before joining the others. "Is everyone ready? I made reservations at a restaurant for us. " 

---

"Alex! We were going to come and collect you and Zane. This is a pleasant change of plans. The humidity would ruin my hair. " He said collecting a parasol by the door. "I did it with some help from mom. She is really supportive of me like this. She even took me shopping the other day! " He giggled. 

Alex got a bit curious when she watched Zane go look for her parents but then had her attention go to Avery when she heard all that he said. “Okay and oh? Zane said he wanted to talk to mom and dad about something before dinner and that’s why we’re here. Your hair’s lovely and that’s really good to know. Perhaps the next time the two of you go shopping I can go with you,” she said in reply before Zane caught up with them and asked if they were ready. She nodded and went to the door and opened it before walking out of it as Cody took it from her and continued to hold it until Avery and Zane were outside. “So I’m assuming you asked their dad for Alex’s hand?” he asked him quietly so that the other two couldn’t hear his question after his brother was outside as well.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane just smiled at his brother. He flipped something in the air. It shone silver and gold before he caught it and pocketed the object in his brest pocket. 

"I didn't know you were the shopping type." Avery laughed "I would love to do something sisterly with you once. "