SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“Oh okay and your eyes are beautiful to me. I wouldn’t have ever thought that they belonged to a demon,” Alex said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said and asked. “Just because we’re close doesn’t necessarily mean that we share everything with each other. We might want to keep a few things to ourselves but I’ll try asking him if Cody has asked dad yet about them courting when I get back there soon,” she said before noticing that his eyes looked sad and heard what he said last. “What’s wrong? Okay and would you be asking him in person or sending him a letter? Along with a book I can bring you a journal to write and draw in,” she asked and said in reply to his last statement.

"In person. Don't bother, they won't let you give those things to me, or they'll confiscate them as soon as they see them. It's hard to hide things in here. " He said stretching till his face was by the bars looking down the hallway at the guards. "I don't want to be negative, but if I'm not found innocent, keep that ring, and my sword I'll leave to you. What little I have, will be split between you, Cody and my mom. Please, visit my mother at needle street, fifth house in. She likes bluebells, and green silk, the color of mint. Her birthday is coming up in a week, I'd like it if you and Avery would take her shopping for dresses, ease her mind a little. I know she worries greatly for my safety."

Alex nodded in reply to what Zane said in the first few statements before hearing the rest of what he said. She looked a bit crestfallen as she looked into his eyes before saying, "Avery and I will do that but hopefully you'll be found innocent. I'd like to be here when you're at the trial. I can be outside to await you when you come back out."

((should we ts to his trial or keep going with their conversations until it's time for his trial?))

((Continue with this, but skip to each meeting.)))

Zane nodded and pulled her hand through the bars, kissing her palm lightly. "Until we meet again."

"Yes until we meet again," Alex said in reply with the smile back on her face after he had kissed her palm and then headed towards the prison's entrance before getting back on Spot's back and going back home.

----

tsing two days later

The time for their next meeting came and found Alex riding back to the prison to visit him. When she got there, the guards greeted her, took her weapons as a precaution, and then let her inside, and for her to head to his cell. "Zane my love," she greeted him with her hands on the bars and with a smile on her face as she looked at him.

He had heard her come and was standing as close as he could to the bars with his restraint. The stubble on his lip had grown longer, still a thin mustache, but classy. Much like the dread pirate roberts from princess bride. "Mi amore how is my mother? And things going for you? Do you have a job as guard yet? I hope you are still training. "

"She's fine but like you said a bit worried about you so I shared in that worriment for a little while with her to help make her feel better before Ave and I took her shopping like you suggested. She liked that a lot. Things for me are going just okay. It's a bit strange being back at home after being at the castle for awhile but it's also good seeing my mom, uncle and grandfather again. I occasionally go for long rides when I want to be alone for a little while and then yes I continue practicing all that I learned at my time at the castle and I also bring a few guards along just in case. Not yet. I'm in the processes of becoming one but I would really like to go out on quests to really utilize my skills as a knight as well going on them with you," Alex said in reply to his questions while having the fingers of her right hand stroke his cheek gently.

Edited by SkySong278

He leaned into her hand. "Quests are hard to come by. And very dangerous. I'd prefer if you're a ladies guard. Good, you're wise to have such precautions. There's no telling who is in my father's pocket or under his influence. " He mused. "I'm glad you helped my mom. She deserves a son that wouldn't get her into such a mess. The shame my incarceration brings her is unbearable to me. Even innocent, people will see me as a potential threat. It's best if you find a job before me. Help out your family with expenses or save up for a home of your own."

"But what then would be the point of me getting to be a knight with your support if I don't get to use the skills I learned? It would be a waste of my talents if I didn't get to go on quests. What if we compromised? I can still be a guard and take the occasional quest when they become available and take either you, Tyler, my uncle or dad with me as well as a guard from the house when I go so that I won't be alone and so that I also have protection. I'm glad you approve of my cautiousness when I go out while at home and that's exactly why I do that," Alex asked and said in reply to his first few statements before hearing the rest of what he said. “She’s not ashamed of you. She told me that she was proud of you and that she knows that you didn’t do what you were accused of. I don’t think of you as a threat and I can persuade anyone that thinks of you as that that you’re not. I can do that but I’d rather live with you. If I were to get my own place I’d want you to be there with me,” she said in reply to the rest of what he said while keeping her thumb and hand where it was but also moving her head a bit closer to the bars.

((want to go ahead and ts to the trial or should there be another meeting between them before that?))

"I know she's not. Her reputation is based on my actions now. Even if I get out, who would higher a man, although pardoned by the king, whom they believed was a criminal? And for a woman in a man's world, who was divorced, kicked out and cut off from the high society, this alone would discredit her in the eyes of others. " He explained. He flushed at her last statement about living with him.

"I would like to as well. Very much so mi Reya he muttered leaning close to the bars as he could. A guard called down the hallway. "Visiting time is over!"

Alex nodded in understanding and in reply to everything that he said as an explanation before hearing the last thing he said. She blushed a bit as well before smiling happily and then saying in reply, "I'm glad." She would have said something else but she thought that it wasn't a good time to say what she wanted to so she was going to either say it at the next meeting or after Zane asked her dad if he could court her. She sighed when she heard what the guard yelled towards them and said, "I guess it's time for me to go my love. As to who would hire you, I know someone and will give you the details next week when I see you again." She then reluctantly pulled away from the bars while walking backwards a bit and then blew him a kiss. After that, she turned completely around, headed towards the entrance to retrieve her weapons, and then got back on Spot's back before riding back to her home.

Edited by Dragonpelt

They didn't let her back inside until a week had passed. When she did see him he was unshaven, not clean and eyes that were wild. He didn't get up to see her. "Hey. I'm not sure this is going to go well. " He said flatly. "More witnesses where brought out. More people in his pocket. He's bringing evidence that I don't know how he got. His case is building up, and he has the best lawyer in the land against me. I have nothing but my character and my morals to speak. "

Alex was disappointed that she had to wait another week to see him and when she was able to see him the week that they finally let her do so, she was happy at first but then her smile faded when she saw that his face wasn't all that happy as well as his tone when he talked to her. She also noticed that he didn't greet her at the bars but didn't say anything about that and focused on what he had said earlier. "That's not very good. If you'd like me to, I can have Cody help me write letters to our instructor and fellow trainees to come in to help plead your innocence. His and your adopted dad (I tried putting another combo of this but it didn't sound correct; it was "his father and your adopted dad" which reads to me as two separate people) might have a lawyer that can help you. I'll even testify myself if I have to. It may not help as much but I feel like I need to do something to help you and get that bad man to leave us alone," she said in reply to all that he said before wiping away the tears that she didn't know had been falling down her cheeks until she felt them. "Um I also didn't get the guard job but I found a job helping younger kids learn self-defense in a town close to our house. It pays well and a bit more than what I would have gotten being a guard," she added after she had gotten her emotions under control and could look at him again.

Edited by SkySong278

"Mi amore, don't cry por favor" he said, his own voice cracking as he finally got up and went to the bars. Hidden in shadow it was difficult to see his face, but now, in the torchlight, his nose had been broken and his eye had darkened. He had a chipped insizer, a busted lip, bruises on his neck and his hands were cut up. Nails looked bitten to the pink. His mustache had thickened a bit, a dark line on his lip and the faint stubble of a beard shown through the bruises. "I have been in contact with them, or at least I tried. I would like you do do just that. Every letter I sent never seem to have made it past the guards. I stopped writing to you, and you should not write to me mi corazon they read them. Then sneer at me. They threaten you. Come here next time with Cody in tow. " He instructed. "They come when you leave, at the change of guard. If you will set up my defense, please do so. " His own tears went down his face. "I hit them for the vulgar comments they made. I fear it has only strengthened Dominique's position. " He clasped her hand as if he was holding on to her for dear life. "The guard changes at four. I want you to leave early today. I'm glad for your new job, but Quiero niños de nuestra propia, I need to get out of here first, without getting hanged, and you need to be safe. El tesoro más preciado de mi vida stay on your guard. Please." He kissed her hand.

((Translation appearing in order: 1) my love 2) please 3) my heart 4)I want children of our own 5) The most precious treasure of my life))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

“Okay I’ll try not to anymore. It’s just that hearing what all Dominique has now up his sleeve is making me think that you’ll never get out of here and it’s making me sad,” Alex said in reply with a small sniff before hearing the rest of what he said. She nodded in understanding when she heard the part about her not sending her letters to him here anymore as well as what he said about him wanting her to write the letters to the people she mentioned earlier. “I will and I’m guessing that I don’t want to know or you want me to know what those comments were. That definitely doesn’t sound very good,” she said in regards to her setting up his defense as well as what he said about Dominique’s position getting stronger. “I will. After we’re done talking I’ll leave, and I’ll definitely stay on my guard as I do that. I can bring a few guards with me from my house along with Cody the next time I come so that they can help protect you if you’d like, and if you think that would help. I don’t want you hanged so I want you to be safe, too. I’ll be safe as I head home. What do those last things you said mean? I only know some Spanish but not a lot so those last few phrases I’ve never heard before,” she said in reply to the last few things he said while stroking the side of his hand gently with her thumb in a comforting way and with a smile after he had kissed her hand. "Speaking of jobs, my uncle and our instructor from the castle were wondering if you'd like to help them out with training a big group of kids in a town nearby. They trust you and would like you to work with them, if you're interested after you get out."

((thank you for those translations, especially the last two smile.gif))

Edited by SkySong278

He smiled a little bit, the old light returning to his eyes. "That's kinda the point. I'd love to help with them. I trained you didn't I?" He smiled and kissed her hand. "Make sure to send those letters so I can join you."

((Skip?)

((sure and to their next meeting or to the trial?))

Alex smiled herself when she saw his smile as well as the old light that was back in his eyes before she heard what all he said in reply to what she had said earlier. "You did but only the parts I had missed while my foot was recovering. I will and I can't wait for you to be free again," she said after he kissed her hand and she kissed his own hand before she turned to leave. She then went back out to Spot before heading back to her house.

((I'll just go ahead and post for their next meeting before the trial.))

By the time Alex and Zane’s next meeting came, the former had written a note in Spanish, with the help of one of her childhood teachers, for his eyes only saying that she had been able to contact their fellow trainees from when they were in knight training with Cody’s help and they had gotten back to her saying that they’d be at his trial to help get him out of prison. She had also asked Cody to go with her to her and Zane's next meeting and he agreed. She also wrote that their instructor had also gotten back to her saying that he’d also be there to help him as well as the family lawyer for Cody and his (Zane) dad. Cody had written to him to request he help out his childhood friend and adoptive brother and the lawyer had agreed to be there to help out. The very last thing she put before she had written her name at the bottom was that he not forget to wear red as well as that she loved him.

She brought it with her to give to him in person instead of sending it via messenger. She wasn’t sure if any of the guards there knew and could read Spanish and if some did, she didn’t want them to see what it said and give the other guards a head's up/warning about him getting a lot of witnesses to help him out. When she got to the prison, she dismounted from Spot’s back, made sure to put her weapons in one of the small bags that was draped over him, and then went inside to see Zane. “My love,” she greeted him with a smile before reaching her hand through the bars to reach for his own hand with the letter folded in it so that he could take it from her. Cody followed her in after dismounting from Chestnut and also making sure that any weapons he had on his person were in a saddlebag that draped across his horse's flank so that the guards wouldn't have to take them from him. He gave the guards a warning look as he passed them to Zane's cell before he stood behind Alex and gave his brother an encouraging smile, but otherwise didn't say anything.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane appeared more ragged his hair and mustache longer, however his bruises healed save for the chipped tooth. He took the letter and opened it. Taking one glance at the Spanish he grinned. "Did you find out what I said the other day? " He asked reading it and looked at Cody. "Thank you. " He waved the letter after folding it and taking Alex's hand in his grubby one, indicating his thanks was for what Cody did for him "both of you. It's a massive weight off my shoulders. How's my mom? And Toro? Has he been getting exercise? I have to thank dad too for this." He said softly looking relieved. He only called his adopted father dad. Dominique made Zane call him , father, sir, lord, Mr. Sanchez or sir Dominique. Zane himself has more.... colorful things to call his biological father. "How are you and Avery?" He asked Cody.

"Yes. I wrote down both and asked my childhood teacher, the one who helped me with translating everything in the letter into Spanish, and he said that it meant that you would like to have our own kids as well as me being the most precious treasure of your life," Alex said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before hearing the rest of what he said and asked to both her and Cody. "You're welcome and I think he'll be there so you can thank him in person and my own dad will be there too so that you can ask if you can court me. Your mom's doing fine and so is Toro. I visit them every other day a few times a week. I ride Toro around for a bit so that he can run and stretch his legs. I even brush him down and give him treats so that he can get some attention," she said in reply to his questions about his mom and Toro. "You would really like to have kids with me and you really think of me as your most precious treasure?"

Cody nodded in both reply and agreement to what Alex had said about their dad being there so that he could thank him in person before saying in reply to the thanks as well as the question he was asked regarding him and Avery, "You're very welcome and we're doing well although we can't wait to go on some double dates with you and Alex."

Edited by Dragonpelt

He blushed and smiled slightly. "I'm glad you are taking care of them. Yes, I would love to have children. Always, you're my love. Hopefully that could happen Cody. This is dragging me down. Another week and the trial happens."

"I try to go by your place as often as I can to check on them. Oh I just didn't think you thought that about me is all or that you wanted to have children with me,” Alex said in reply to the statements that were directed at her before Cody replied to the ones that were for him. “It will happen. Just keep staying positive and you’ll get through this just fine. Want us to leave so that you can rest and reflect more on the trial?”