AppleMango

Share your house

One of my tables apparently self-rotated itself into the wall, and there is a lamp in the middle of my room which I definitely didn't put there intentionally. How odd.

Still a bunch of furniture I didn't get, somehow. Thought I replayed enough games...leaves much of the house quite empty as I was waiting for it. I only had a couple of windows to choose from and no fireplace.

https://dragcave.net/holidays16/tropitix

Edited by Ashywolf

Well, I would of shared mine but it's dissappeared from being able to be found.

I even tried to get to it by copying the url from one of these (which all look fantastic, by the way) and replacing the username with my own, but it just tells me "page not found" so Idk.

I mean, it wasn't anything fantastic as I didn't spend as much time on it, but I'm still kinda confused as to why it's gone, but ah well. smile.gif

Mine's pretty simple, but I didn't really know how else I should've decorated it. Link~

I thought about spamming my floor with the Grumpy Cat face rugs at one point, but ultimately I decided not to. xd.png

I love looking at all the houses in this thread! wub.gif

Here's mine: My House

I really like how it turned out, even though the red-and-green Christmas carpet should be below the creamy carpet and the nice rug in front of the entrance door has vanished without a trace, lol.

I wish I could move right in! biggrin.gif

Edited by silivren_tinu

My House

Drop on in, my guestroom sleeps four!

Hmmm, it looks like they moved the dresser in the master bedroom, it was all the way down in the corner before, so it didn't block the doorway.

And I wish the ice fireplace would have lighted like the other one.

My House

Drop on in, my guestroom sleeps four!

Hmmm, it looks like they moved the dresser in the master bedroom, it was all the way down in the corner before, so it didn't block the doorway.

And I wish the ice fireplace would have lighted like the other one.

I'm rather amazed at your window placement! blink.gif

That link only shows everyone their own house. You need to append your scroll name wink.gif

Like https://dragcave.net/user/scrollname just with /holidays16/ instead of /user/: https://dragcave.net/holidays16/scrollname

Thanks a lot, I didn't know that! I think I got it right this time:

I love looking at all the houses in this thread!  wub.gif

Here's mine: My House

I really like how it turned out, even though the red-and-green Christmas carpet should be below the creamy carpet and the nice rug in front of the entrance door has vanished without a trace, lol.

I wish I could move right in!  biggrin.gif

I wonder if there are any stats we could get after the fact about the most commonly used items or something. Cause I'd be curious since many people favored certain items, and especially if they tended to put them more in one room or another. Or combos of certain art designs.

The world may never know.

But on Topic: My House - I See Some Common Themes Amongst Many Homes!

Edited by natayah

I wonder if there are any stats we could get after the fact about the most commonly used items or something.

I was kinda hoping we'd get to see that, too! Just judging by forum shares, though, I'm going to say the art noveau (sp?) got used by far the most. It is a very beautiful and well done set, so no surprise. Probably the light blue and the cat set got used next most. (Light blue was the one with all the pretty, fancy extra furniture, right?)

Plus, the Art Nouveau was the only set with a working fireplace! Otherwise, I'd have chosen an Ice themed design (but their fireplace was not working).

Eh

I made the leftmost room look as much like my actual bedroom as I could. The rest don't particularly resemble anything at all, they're supposed to be a living room and a dining room.

i'm having so much fun "visiting" everyone's homes, seeing the different tastes and styles and techniques!

as for popular items, i agree that there seems to a lot of art nouveau items. i hadn't intended to use any originally myself -- but in the end i couldn't resist.

anyhow, here's the finalized version of my house. simple and cozy, just the way i like it. biggrin.gif

left: relaxation room/casual entertaining

center: dining/formal entertaining

right: master bedroom

I also have an Art Nouveau room. tongue.gif The raised fireplace (hey, no bending down when adding firewood!) had a matching flying chair next to it, right under the ceiling, but it just didn't fit the style and I deleted it. Not that the house is very stylish - I'm not really the decorating type. However, I fell in love with the icicle windows when I first saw them on the thread here. I had to do loads of sleighrides to get them eventually, but they were worth it.

https://dragcave.net/holidays16/fly-by-night

I was kinda hoping we'd get to see that, too! Just judging by forum shares, though, I'm going to say the art noveau (sp?) got used by far the most. It is a very beautiful and well done set, so no surprise. Probably the light blue and the cat set got used next most. (Light blue was the one with all the pretty, fancy extra furniture, right?)

Dark Blue actually (Light blue had a lot of them just with the blue parts changed, like the windows, wall lamps...)

The bookshelves and wall lamps were unique to the (Dark) Blue set as was the working fire place for Art nouveau and the cat beds (with cats) and scratching posts were unique to Cat. Ice had the Night windows and the other (non-working) fireplace.

I bet those unique items made the matching set more popular on average.

my house

I simply loved the look of the ice furniture and the cream. I even make the shag appear like wall to wall carpet! smile.gif

The dog stuffed toy looked like a fox I just had to have many of them!

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf