AppleMango

Share your house

i think this is my finished house:

user posted image

my only regret is that i cannot keep carpet on that bare patch by the entrance; i'm able to lay it down:

user posted image

but when i refresh or go outside, and sometimes simply when i leave edit mode, it's gone. dry.gif

Edited by miaou

@miaou: Your house is lovely and quaint. biggrin.gif I would definitely love a visit, especially the visitor's area at the centre. I love the view of the windows.

Just finished getting the last of the furniture I wanted and decorating my house! I think it turned out nice. Living room in the center, SQUID's room on the right, and a guest room on the left!

user posted image

This was my first holiday on the site, and I gotta say I really loved the event! A few things didn't work quite right for me at first, but it was still very fun!

user posted image

Going for cozy and comfortable. happy.gif (With my faithful canine waiting by the door, who just happens to resemble my RL pet, YAY!)

@miaou: Your house is lovely and quaint. biggrin.gif I would definitely love a visit, especially the visitor's area at the centre. I love the view of the windows.

you would be most welcome any time! biggrin.gif i really love the windows (though not quite enough to put them on the floor... wink.gif)

speaking of windows -- @ShaladorsLady, i love what you did with yours! and i also had my puppy waiting by the door at one point, but then i thought he might like it more in the "green room" with the kitties and plants.

Edited by miaou

I completely redid mi casa:

user posted image

When PRPLD isn't busy delivering mail, winning sled races, finding lost dogs and glasses, herding cats(which she is particularly good at!), playing with bored Bords, or saving the world, she runs a cat rescue/sanctuary. Any and all cats are welcome, PRPLD will try to find them forever homes, until then they can stay with her and her own cats, just don't call her a crazy cat lady. tongue.gif

My bedroom is the nest on the right, the main room is dining and plenty of seating for visiting with the kitties, and the left room is the guest/cat room, with human and cat areas for sleeping and relaxing.

user posted image

Here's my house! biggrin.gif

I spent forever trying to figure out how to fill up certain spaces of emptiness in the right two rooms and also editing the screenshots together so that the borders look nice and so that Snowa is nowhere to be seen! xd.png

Here's my house, probably finished now:

user posted image

I love the Ice windows! Also I'm happy I finally got some cats, I've been hunting for them since the event began. It's so inspiring to look all the houses you shared, it just makes me want to get back and get more items.

user posted image

Here's the house I made right after completing the story quests. I'm still collecting items, so I might add another post after I get all the items. I also didn't think about cloning items, so it's not suuuper fancy. laugh.gif

(Only two days left blink.gif )

still collecting but here's mine.

user posted image

how do you rotate tables and chairs?

From editing mode, put the little box on what you want to move, hit enter to select it, enter again to choose move, and then use Q or E to rotate. Not all pieces will rotate, however!

Edited by prpldrgnfr

I don't have all items yet (and probably no time to unlock them before the event ends), and I'm constantly itching to redecorate xd.png but if my house ends up getting locked like it is now, I'm okay with that.

user posted image

Basic concept: middle room is meeting area for friends & family (provided they bring food as I obviously do not have a kitchen - not even a stove!), right room is for me and my cats (and sometimes my GF), and left room is when family wants to stay over - last visitors were my brother and his little 3-year-old son, as you can see from all the toys.

This is yesterday's house:

user posted image

And then I figured the middle room looks too much like a conference room. Sad thing is, there are no purplish, reddish or orange sofas/couches at all sad.gif

Also, as pretty as the Ice Fireplace is, it has no toggle option to activate it sad.gif which basically makes it just a wall painting.

user posted image

At the moment my house is a decoration lab. I try to do set themed decorations for all sets before I decide on a definite look for my house (I don't stay completely pure because not all sets have everything but I try only to add small things that fit the sets) If anyone is interested the images can be watched here

And here's part deux

The only thing I didn't do was "black stripes" and I have two mixed houses where I only did one room for the smaller 'sets'.

Now tomorrow I will have to decide what to actually do with my house permanently...

I like the dark blue library and my ocean meditation room and my cream bedroom and... *sigh*

And I want a calico kitten and a Magi plush and...

I love how each of the sets has it's own personality. I could tell stories about the inhabitants of each of my houses smile.gif

Edited by herk

And here's part deux

The only thing I didn't do was "black stripes" and I have two mixed houses where I only did one room for the smaller 'sets'.

Now tomorrow I will have to decide what to actually do with my house permanently...

I like the dark blue library and my ocean meditation room and my cream bedroom and... *sigh*

And I want a calico kitten and a Magi plush and...

I love how each of the sets has it's own personality. I could tell stories about the inhabitants of each of my houses smile.gif

Oh my, now I need to go and do a library, too! xd.png (The library was sort of a brainfart already near the beginning of the event but then I just forgot about it due to all the opportunities!)

user posted image

Yes! I finally found the time to do this! I'm also kind of envious of everyone else's houses. They look super great! smile.gif

Anyway the only thing I'll explain is that the left room is all reserved for the cats. They get their own space and lots of toys! xd.png I couldn't help myself. ;u;

I was forced to edit the middle room's bottom right corner because the table next to the entrance/door disappeared today:( I also can't place anything on tables anymore, so re-stylising the right room made the 2 plushies not there anymore... ehh:( These 2 being no longer possible are a bummer...

user posted image

is it normal for the fireplace to stop moving if you exit and re enter the house?

i hope the fire keeps moving after the event is over, it really looks nice animated

is it normal for the fireplace to stop moving if you exit and re enter the house?

i hope the fire keeps moving after the event is over, it really looks nice animated

Mine doesn't have the animation ever since leaving after placing it, and I placed it pretty much in the beginning...^^; also the animation has/had a glitch - in one of the frames there's an ugly clunch of red - and I'd rather not see it permanently there if hte animation starts workggn at some point xd.png

Edited by VixenDra

I really hope so, my house needs a moving fire in the fireplace. smile.gif

Here is my new house, left room is Nulhora, right room is Alhira, and middle room is quite pretty. smile.gif I made it this way so that MOUSE (that's the name I use for the game! biggrin.gif) can easily switch between living in Nulhora style and Alhira style. And the middle room was decorated thus so I could fit in the things I wanted without ruining the style of the Alhira and Nulhora rooms. smile.gif

user posted image

Edited by MessengerDragon

I just figured out how to layer rugs. It doesn't look that great here, but oh well.

user posted image

Edit: dangit...I doubled the middle room! Just...ignore that...

Edited by VioletWhirlwind