TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Wonderful. Another RPG. /sarcasm ... I don't know if I'll be playing at all this year. I really, really disliked this thing last year.

I can't get any eggs until the afternoon, but they look lovely!

I can't beat 32 seconds on the sledding game, even without hitting any obstacles and hitting as many ice patches as possible. Help?

I kind of want to know when the "day" ends. I *think* I've been almost everywhere, so I don't exactly know what's next. Some paths are glitched in Nulhora, so maybe that's where I need to head over to.

I went that way as well and still can't find it.

Its the first building in a straight line west of your house.

Would love to know when the 'day' ends as well, but that would involve being able to escape my house. LOL

Edit: Here's what not to do:

user posted image

Edited by Wends

user posted image

I'm very happy you can decorate your house without having to walk to a specific place, because if you did, I would have hecked up big time. And also I would be trapped.

I loved where the game was going until I entered my house, then tried to go back out but the game seemed to have frozen? The little music was still going and my computers fine, but no matter how much I refresh the page or even reopen the thing, I can't continue. x'D Guess I won't figure out how the whole game was meant to be played...

P.S. Unlike others who have mentioned they got stuck in their house, I didn't even own any furniture to place yet to get me stuck. x'D My house is just the death house and doesn't want me to move so I can escape. x'D

Edited by AveryCF

Any hints on the hide and seek? It's driving me crazy and I've been all over the map.

The sledding thing...try restarting the browser/re-opening the page? I noticed mine was lagging, the ice wouldn't even speed it up any (or sometime it would, but after a second it wouldn't work any more - you would literally see yourself slow down to a crawl) And my "best" time was 25 seconds dry.gif . Restarting the browser and reloading the game fixed it for me...and indeed it was easy to beat in 13 seconds flat.

Yay, this event looks fun! I hope nobody will notice that my character seems to have forgotten where everything is...

Wow, though, the lag is overwhelming. I hope that tone down after today.

Any hints on the hide and seek? It's driving me crazy and I've been all over the map.

The sledding thing...try restarting the browser/re-opening the page? I noticed mine was lagging, the ice wouldn't even speed it up any (or sometime it would, but after a second it wouldn't work any more - you would literally see yourself slow down to a crawl) And my "best" time was 25 seconds  dry.gif . Restarting the browser and reloading the game fixed it for me...and indeed it was easy to beat in 13 seconds flat.

They're in the orange tree in the grassy patch, near where you first meet them. Their wing nubs stick out, and move a little bit.

Edited by Zonatailurus

The sledding thing...try restarting the browser/re-opening the page? I noticed mine was lagging, the ice wouldn't even speed it up any (or sometime it would, but after a second it wouldn't work any more - you would literally see yourself slow down to a crawl) And my "best" time was 25 seconds dry.gif . Restarting the browser and reloading the game fixed it for me...and indeed it was easy to beat in 13 seconds flat.

That worked, thank you.

Merry Christmas Drag Cave!!!

Just looking at the new game, I never feel a shortage of amazement for all of the things that this site does for the holidays!!! ohmy.gifwub.gif

Interesting so far. Definitely more complex than last year.

maze, as well as a hide and seek game with an orange dragon (haven't found them yet and can't due to glitch mentioned above).

Thanks for reminding everyone about the glitch with Bord. I've been looking for that stupid dragon for almost an hour. I'm leaving now! Haha

Edited by Coyote

Thanks, but I already said that.

The breed limits page hasn't had holidays on it ever since limits on bred holidays were removed. I do not think the page can actually correctly list those dragons because there are now two different limits. It is something that some of us on the mod team have been talking about trying to return, but TJ's been really busy with holiday stuff and hasn't had time to chime in. If you want, you could create a Suggestions thread on it (not sure if it's a glitch and would go in Help or if it was an unintended side effect or just an unavoidable one), but its own thread in a separate place would gain a lot more attention than posting about it here in News, where it keeps getting quickly buried. ;3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Whoop. Unstuck... and I got to meet "Will the Bench". biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kitties, Odeen! Though I wonder where mine from last year is now? sad.gif

EDIT: Ah... nevermind. I found her! wub.gif

Edited by Nyxity

Hah! I'm so glad we're back in town with Perl and 'Snowa'! I haven't run into any 'major' glitches yet, although I did have to refresh when I froze the game by putting furniture next to each other, and they'd start stacking (one would jump onto the same tile as another, and trying to move one off that tile seemed to confuse the game!)

So far all I see are some minor clipping issues, and one random square of white background/snow that clips over Snowa so s/he can hide behind it entirely smile.gif

Got my eggies too! I'm excited for them to hatch!

They're in the orange tree in the grassy patch, near where you first meet them. Their wing nubs stick out, and move a little bit.

Do you mean the dragon hide-and-seek? I've found an orange tree but can't seem to find the right one. Is it near the parent dragons?

I don't understand this game. I went to the post office, agreed to deliver a package to Bill and did exactly that. I went back to the post office, got 3 items to decorate my house with (a giant stuffed lion, a couch, and a moose head.) Now what? It's not saying the day is over, going back to the post office just says to come back tomorrow and Perl just keeps asking if I've decorated my house. Yes, Perl. I have decorated it. I've wandered around and people just babble stuff to me.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? No one is approaching me for tasks. I'm so confused.

Do you mean the dragon hide-and-seek? I've found an orange tree but can't seem to find the right one. Is it near the parent dragons?

I found him behind a building with only the tail sticking out. I wrote in white.

Up from the orange tree there is a guy behind a counter across from him you should see a gold tail moving about.