TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

What browser are you using ? In firefox - tool bar at the top: history > clear recent history > and make sure cache is selected.

In chrome: the three bars top right > history > clear browsing data and again, make sure cache is checked.

In any other - ask someone else laugh.gif

Bumping this for users who need it (helps with Avery's quest)

Omg, THANK YOU for putting Hanukkah items in the game! It's really nice to be included.

So far my favorite items are the Cream Window, Pinkglass Table, Hanukkah and Darkblue Sofas, Miscellaneous Plushes, and Yellowshag Rug. But all the different furniture is so cool. One thing I really want to know: will there be bookcases and musical instruments? Can't imagine life without bookcases. wink.gif

Many thanks to the spriters who made all this stuff!

Edited by infiniteviking

Totally unrelated to the game...:

I just realized that with this year's Christmas Dragon, we will have 6 Dragons, where the CBs are always male, and only 3, where the CBs are female... O.o I do hope that next year's will be female again... ^^;;

Not counting this year's, we have four of each from past years. smile.gif

Male:

1. Aegis

2. Winter Magi

3. Wrapping Wing

4. Yulebuck

Female:

1. Ribbon Dancer

2. Solstice

3. Snow Angel

4. Mistletoe (well, CB mistletoes are female - bred ones can be either)

how do you clear your cache?

On page 67, Socky posted some helpful links. Of course, you could always use a search engine to do your own research.

I walked back to the ice room, refreshed and then went back to the room with the pattern on the floor. Then Avery suddenly talked to me.

that didnt work for me

I'm in the ice temple, but I'm not sure what to do next? I completed the ice skating puzzle pretty easily, but the next room seems to have nothing in it for me to interact with.

user posted image

Edit - apparently Avery is supposed to talk to you. He won't interact with me from any side, even after multiple refreshes from within both rooms.

Edit2: I cleared my cookies and stuff, closed and reopened the tab, then moved to the bottom of the room and he talked to me smile.gif

Edited by Zeditha

One thing I really want to know: will there be bookcases and musical instruments? Can't imagine life without bookcases. wink.gif

Many thanks to the spriters who made all this stuff!

I received a "dark blue bookshelf" today (it doesn't really look blue at all) and put several of them in my character's bedroom. Can't imagine life without bookcases, either, wink.gif

Not counting this year's, we have four of each from past years. smile.gif

Male:

1. Aegis

2. Winter Magi

3. Wrapping Wing

4. Yulebuck

Female:

1. Ribbon Dancer

2. Solstice

3. Snow Angel

4. Mistletoe (well, CB mistletoes are female - bred ones can be either)

Not quite.

According to the Dragon Cave Wiki, the following CBs are male:

Holly

Yulebuck

Winter Magis

Wrapping-Wing

Aegis

and if you take a peek at TJ's hatchies, you'll see they're male, too.

So that makes 6 CB male Xmas Dragons... ^^;;

I got a dark blue table twice that is very tan. tongue.gif And a few other things that colors don't really seem to match.

And an Art Nouveau Fireplace that is a bit glitchy when toggled that can only be placed in the center of a room. Kinda an odd location for a fireplace. xd.png

A blue couch that has no name in the list, so it's just a blank space.

A few that have no previews in the list

All of these odd things aside, I love my little "dark brown dog plushie" that looks very much like a fox. And for a time, accidentally place a pale version of the plushie, which returned to normal when I moved it. It's fun decorating. xd.png

how do you clear your cache?

What browser are you using ? In firefox - tool bar at the top: history > clear recent history > and make sure cache is selected.

In chrome: the three bars top right > history > clear browsing data and again, make sure cache is checked.

In any other - ask someone else laugh.gif

As I said up there somewhere smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

Not quite.

According to the Dragon Cave Wiki, the following CBs are male:

Holly

Yulebuck

Winter Magis

Wrapping-Wing

Aegis

and if you take a peek at TJ's hatchies, you'll see they're male, too.

So that makes 6 CB male Xmas Dragons... ^^;;

Well technically that's how they were released but later you could get female Hollies at the raffles...

anyway the pattern for release on Christmas has always been

m - Holly

m - Yule

f - Snowangel

f - Ribbondancer

m - Wintermagi

m - Wrapping Wing

f - Solstice

f - Mistletoe

m - Aegis

m - NEW BREED

It's alternating every two years - we were due for a male this year and the next two should be female wink.gif

The wiki says that using Q & E will turn your furniture, but none of mine can be turned at all - is this incorrect, or is my house/furniture just glitched? sad.gif I'd really like to be able to turn things around.

I'm doing the quest with Avery (never got one with Gladys/Galys) but when I talked to Luna, she just said Good Luck, so I went into the temple but none of the dialogue is showing up that is supposed to be, according to the wiki, trying to interact with Avery does nothing, and I've crossed the ice portion and can't get out of the temple now, since there's no path to get back to the other side.

The wiki says that using Q & E will turn your furniture, but none of mine can be turned at all - is this incorrect, or is my house/furniture just glitched? sad.gif I'd really like to be able to turn things around.

I'm doing the quest with Avery (never got one with Gladys/Galys) but when I talked to Luna, she just said Good Luck, so I went into the temple but none of the dialogue is showing up that is supposed to be, according to the wiki, trying to interact with Avery does nothing, and I've crossed the ice portion and can't get out of the temple now, since there's no path to get back to the other side.

Are you sure you selected move furniture while trying to turn it?

I've got the same problem. I've reset the day about 5 times and it's still not working. What am I doing wrong???

Some of mine rotates and some doesn't. But a lot of it looks so weird rotated that I went right off it. (blue bunk, I am looking at you... Why go SQUARE - I just wanted you along the other wall...)

Are you sure you selected move furniture while trying to turn it?

Yeah - I click the edit pencil, move the white box to the item I want to turn, space bar to activate it, and space bar again to choose "move" then I hit Q & E and nothing happens. sad.gif

ETA: Okay, so I guess it is just certain things that can be turned - I found a rug that can be turned for me. Disappointing that the beds I'm using can't though.

Edited by forcryinoutloud

@forcryinoutloud

I have the same problem as you. Most of my items do not rotate when i move them around and yes, i am in editing mode and the move is choosen and... *sob*

@forcryinoutloud & Tigerkralle: Do you have all scripts enabled? Did you try F5 or Esc before entering the inventory? Or leaving your house/logging into your account again? BTW, pressing 'q' also works. But as Fuzzbucket said, not all furniture can be rotated...

Well my little character is moving much more quickly and smoothly today, yay! I was so sick of walking at a crawl.

I'm in the ice temple, but I'm not sure what to do next? I completed the ice skating puzzle pretty easily, but the next room seems to have nothing in it for me to interact with.

user posted image

Edit - apparently Avery is supposed to talk to you. He won't interact with me from any side, even after multiple refreshes from within both rooms.

Edit2: I cleared my cookies and stuff, closed and reopened the tab, then moved to the bottom of the room and he talked to me smile.gif

thank you so much!! he finally talked to me too!!!!

I finally got a cat bed and a mint plush! So excited. Now to figure out where they go...

@forcryinoutloud & Tigerkralle: Do you have all scripts enabled? Did you try F5 or Esc before entering the inventory? Or leaving your house/logging into your account again? BTW, pressing 'q' also works. But as Fuzzbucket said, not all furniture can be rotated...

I can rotate a few items, but there are items from whom i expected them to be able to put one on the left and then mirrored to the right.

For example i can see the Mini Plush Magi item with the eyes to the right, but mine always look to the left and ingame i can see them looking into the other direction... sad.gif

If he isn't talking to you, clear your cache (or do a hard refresh) and then exit the room and enter again. That should put Avery to work again :P

If you want to come back before finishing the quest, click Reset position below the game instructions, it sends you to your house.