TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Can't wait to see the new Christmas Dragons when they are full grown...I already made a new Need list for Christmas holiday mates and I added 22 for this year alone plus 9 I forgot to get mates for last year ;s;

If you are confused with the game, read below. This is just so everyone can have an opportunity to play the game too.

You are free to put this in the wiki, if you want to.

I'm keeping this post updated, so keep checking back for any tips.

Quest Guide

Since this is spoilery, I will just link to my previous post:

Full Quest List (Nulhora, Alhira, Story Quests)

Map Compilation

Nulhora

Nulhora Town Center

Alhira

General map of Alhira

For each area (the numbers are the same as in the general map):

1 - Alhira Town Center

2 - Alhira Town - South (Inn & Pub)

3 - Alhira South - Beach

4 - Alhira South - Beach (Maze)

5 - Alhira South - Symon's Lair

6 - Alhira Southwest

7 - Alhira West - Connecting Bridge

8 - Alhira Town - North (Dog Park)

9 - Alhira Town - Southeast (Docks)

10 - Alhira Town - East (Beach)

General FAQ

What quests are there to do?

As of December 26th, Day 2 of the event, there are 6 repeatable quests and 1 story quest:

Package delivery to Bill, Perl, Janus or Gladys (Nulhora)

Sledding challenge (Nulhora)

Cat round up (Nulhora)

Hide and Seek (Alhira)

Maze (Alhira)

Lost dog (Alhira)

Firewood (Story quest)

Is there something that tells you when you finish everything?

You get a green checkmark on the icons on top of your screen. These reset everyday.

The book icon is for the Story Quest. Once you finish the daily story quest, it will have a checkmark. This is so you know you are updated in terms of storyline

The other icons are for repeatable quests. You don't need to do them everyday. Only repeat them to get new rewards.

I delivered a package to Bill only, what do I do with Perl?

You can only deliver a package to Bill, Perl, Janus or Gladys, it's random each day. If you delivered to Bill, there's nothing to do with Perl.

I had to redo all my quests because the checkmarks were gone, what happened?

The checkmarks reset daily, so you can repeat the quests to get new furniture for the house. You don't need to do them if you don't want to. Your old rewards don't go away.

The checkmark on the book means story quest, it's there to say if you have completed the daily story quest or not. Today, the story quest is the firewood one.

How do I activate the firewood quest?

Enter your house and exit again, Perl should talk to you.

Where is Gladys?

Known bug. Gladys will be added soon. Gladys has been added. She's in a house below the Sledding race, north of Nulhora.

Why can't I give the parcel to Gladys?

Glitch. Try to refresh while in her house, according to:

How do I beat the Sledding game?

Avoid the obstacles and try to go through the ice to speed up. I find the right side better than the left.

The game is perfectly doable in the 18 seconds or less. If you are taking a huge amount of time (30+), your game is probably slowed down. Try to change browser, close and reopen the tabs, etc. I had the same problem, I'm not sure how I made mine normal again...

How do I activate the Teleporter?

Talk to the dragon next to it. Talk to the belly, not the head.

Where's the hide and seek dragon hiding?

Bord hides in different places for people. Use this topic for help.

Reported areas: Here, Here (notice tail behind roof), Here and Here

I believe he's always outside and in the same area, so don't run around to other screens.

How many cats are there to round up?

The dragon stops you when you are done, don't worry about counting.

How do I round up the cats?

Get next to them and press space. They move away quickly, so be prepared to press space.

Bumping this because it answers a lot of the questions that keep coming up, and it's wildly helpful.

To the original OP, thank you so very much for creating it! smile.gif

I'm really excited for Christmas adults too! They look like a Pegasus, which is amazing. I'm sure they'll be super beautiful, judging from their s2 sprite.

Hide and seek [screen 10 in map above]:

- From teleporter house, go to the town, you will see the market. Then go right to another screen. Find this dragon (right and a bit south, near some dragons on the beach) and agree to play hide and seek.

Reported hiding areas: Here, Here (notice tail behind roof), Here and Here

I found the dragon in a different location from the four reported here. Not sure how to upload a screenshot here (lol), but he was by the top of the ocean when I found him today!

I just received the Redshag Rug (Small) for delivering something to Janus (again), but when I look at it in my inventory it's blank. The picture of it in the inventory doesn't show up. I can still select it and it shows up in the house, though.

I have that with the cat rug (small) I got yesterday.

I found the dragon in a different location from the four reported here. Not sure how to upload a screenshot here (lol), but he was by the top of the ocean when I found him today!

You mean right here?

Linked for size!

I thought I was the only one who got caught in the trees. Also can't seem to figure it out. There is no building labelled the Post Office or how I would get those letters to be mailed out. I prefer the one where you decorated your tree or house rather than this one. It just can't seem to work right for me . wink.gif

I can't seem to get it to recognize that I'm on a new day. :( Can't get Perl to talk to me, or do the activities again as others have been saying then can. I've exited and reentered and refreshed so many times, but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Thank you for the check mark icons! biggrin.gif those are a great help!

I've also realized we do expect a lot from our game organizers, as we fuss (guilty as charged) about not getting some item or the other. Seriously, though. In real life, if someone asked you to take mail to the post office, would you really be getting three items of furniture in return? No, you wouldn't, and even if the person who asked you gave you a little something, would you really say to them, "Oh, I wanted something else."? So, I'm going to collect what I can while I can (the internet here keeps poofing for HOURS at a time), and then leisurely arrange things when I have many more items to work with.

Thank you to all those who made this event possible!

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

I thought I was the only one who got caught in the trees. Also can't seem to figure it out. There is no building labelled the Post Office or how I would get those letters to be mailed out. I prefer the one where you decorated your tree or house rather than this one. It just can't seem to work right for me . ;)

Map. Post office is to the left of your house

Done for today, completed all quests without any spoilers, no glitches, either. The added quest marks are nice, although I first misread the first one as a book (instead of logs of firewood). My sledding gets better and better, down to 13 seconds in my third attempt (I have no idea how to speed this up, "running" doesn't work, and yes, I'm using the icy patches as accelerators). Oh well, never mind, as long as I beat Abe. tongue.gif

Finally got my cat bed (yay!) and some much nicer rugs than yesterday (I really like the Renaissance one). Fun fun fun. biggrin.gif

@creators: People, I can't thank you enough, absolutely brilliant!

Somehow the glitch where it didn't show an updated house has fixed itself in my game the next time I loaded it.

I filled every wall that permitted it with windows, because that is a must in my dream home.

So, anyway, am I the only one who kind of wonders if at the end of the game, if there's going to be some sort of snap-shot of our fully-decorated house when we finish? That's actually the main reason I'm playing it, under the circumstances that there's going to be something like a badge or lingering thing on my scroll.

...Well, that, and I figured out that if my game freezes, if I reload the page by right-clicking with my mouse button, it fixed the bug and just set my character outside the inn. The freezing only happened once, though. I'm actually kind of enjoying the game now, because there's something really nostalgic about it.

...that, and I love stories. The weather's going weird, and that might have been initially thought of as a glitch, but now it seems that was intentional. There's also that mean guy with the black dragon that scoffs at you and walks off on the first day.

Thank you for the check mark icons! biggrin.gif those are a great help!

I've also realized we do expect a lot from our game organizers, as we fuss (guilty as charged) about not getting some item or the other. Seriously, though. In real life, if someone asked you to take mail to the post office, would you really be getting three items of furniture in return? No, you wouldn't, and even if the person who asked you gave you a little something, would you really say to them, "Oh, I wanted something else."? So, I'm going to collect what I can while I can (the internet here keeps poofing for HOURS at a time), and then leisurely arrange things when I have many more items to work with.

Thank you to all those who made this event possible!

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!

Me too. So I would LOVE an official note about when rearranging the furniture stops being possible. I remember that wreath....

...but I do hope I get a cat in the end....

I can't seem to get it to recognize that I'm on a new day. sad.gif Can't get Perl to talk to me, or do the activities again as others have been saying then can. I've exited and reentered and refreshed so many times, but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I am having this same issue, and I also don't have a list of activities at the top of my screen so I can see which have been completed....any ideas how to fix this?

edit: I'm also now getting a black screen when I leave my house...I hit the reset button and the same think happened again

Edited by schneimc

I can't seem to trigger the Day 2 quest with Perl. sad.gif

The game was updated, and I have the icons at the top of the screen, and I was able to do yesterday's quests again and the new one where you have to find the dog, but I still can't talk to Perl.

I got it! All I had to do was reset to my house and then leave the house for her to show up!

Edited by meirelle

but I can't be the only one frustrated at the amount of people having to repeat the same answers to the same questions, especially when the answers are repeatedly said in the page or two before the poster.

First I tried figuring it all out on my own. Then I came to the forum and tried reading all the posts about the event, but I couldn't find the info I needed. Then I went back to the game and tried on my own again. Then I came back here. Then I went to the Dragon Cave wiki, and I googled about the Dragon cave christmas event, and so on and so on. Finally I posted a tiny little question about how to find something. No one answered that first question, so I went back to trying to figure it out on my own. I nearly gave up, but finally was successful. And so the second time I had a problem, I looked for the answers here, got tired of scrolling through page after page, and just asked a question. This time I got the info I needed.

I wasn't trying to be a nuisance, and I'm sorry that I'm not one of those people who can just figure out these games all on their own. I love the game, but I'm tired of scrolling through thousands of answers about how to play it without finding what I'm looking for. There comes a time when it doesn't seem worth it to play when it takes so much time and there is so little reward.

There is no building labelled the Post Office or how I would get those letters to be mailed out.

The Post Office is right next door to your house, across the street going west, through the town square. :-)

Lots of helpful suggestions on here (thanks to whoever made the guides!). I finally got all caught up as far as I can for today.

The only question I have left is, does anyone else have trouble with certain pieces of furniture when customizing their house? The Nulhora chair I can't place at all without the game freezing, the blue table I was only able to place one and asking to place anymore causes it to freeze; things like that. Each item seems to be different.

Anyone else having troubles or limits on the number of item types in the house?

is there a list of what pieces of furniture you can get yet? oAo

I finished all the quests, but it doesn't seem like I've got them all o - o

This years event has been amazing...

I agree. Despite my frustration at my own cluelessness, I love the game. I appreciate all the work that TJ and the spriters put into it. I also appreciate the help from the people on this forum. I do wish I could figure out more on my own, but as I get more practice I am doing better. I found Bord without checking out the maps of his hiding places, and I won the sled race all on my own, too. I rounded up the cats even faster the second time. So, I think I'm doing okay, if not great.

Thanks again to the people who designed and worked on this event. :-)

The game event has been lovely! I most definitely appreciate the hard work and effort that's been put into its creation. Frustration on my behalf due to the occasional glitch does not diminish my appreciation for this event smile.gif

Is there a list of quests and the specific steps to them saying where to go and such? It's so hard and confusing finding all these different people. I personally don't like this game so much.....