TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

Yay finally got it to rest, did the cats again, did the letter, found the sledding. No idea where the maze is though. Or the teleporting thingy. Fun though.

What's the book icon ?

Edited by Mysfytt

Hand says I'm still delivering the package to Gladys. sad.gif

Reloading a few times fixed the issue but only reloading on another screen from North Nulhora.

Edited by Samona

Yay finally got it to rest, did the cats again, did the letter, found the sledding. No idea where the maze is though. Or the teleporting thingy. Fun though.

Maze is in the other town, down, down by the grassy islands. Teleporter is a fairly big building with a little fancy do-dad symbol sign hanging around the door. It's somewhere right above your house in the starting town and around the center of town near the fancy gem statue in the other town, the building with the two waterfalls.

Hand says I'm still delivering the package to Gladys. sad.gif

Did you try delivering again? Or just talk to Hand again?

Did you try delivering again? Or just talk to Hand again?

I resolved it by reloading a few times in a different screen from North Nulhora. That seems to fix the bug with Gladys.

Uh oh - does it not work like last year? Did I miss something by choosing to wait to do the game until after there was time for bugfixing? I hope not. sad.gif

Uh oh - does it not work like last year? Did I miss something by choosing to wait to do the game until after there was time for bugfixing? I hope not. sad.gif

it should work the same last as last year with you being able to catch up in 1 day

This may be the first DC event I don't complete. Not because it's bad or glitch, but because I can't bring myself to care.

Why was this done after Christmas and not before. I spent the entire month waiting for the event to be announced as it's part of my pre-holiday tradition now. But now? Christmas is over, go home. Bah humbug.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the RPG thing last year. This year is just too big and tedious. I don't want to do multiple quests every single day and spend hours walking all over just trying to find them. Not everyone has that kind of time. No maps, no directions as to where people or places might be....This is not fun.

Where do you start the dog quest? After I delivered the firewood to Jade I can't find him anywhere.

Edit: Found him. He was literally to the left somewhere lol

Edited by Evolutary

it should work the same last as last year with you being able to catch up in 1 day

I tried to 'reset' as I'd never finished doing day one, but it looks like I'm getting day two content anyway. Are you sure? Is the conversation with Perl about warm weather supposed to happen on day one? I don't remember it from before.

I tried to 'reset' as I'd never finished doing day one, but it looks like I'm getting day two content anyway. Are you sure? Is the conversation with Perl about warm weather supposed to happen on day one? I don't remember it from before.

the weather conversation and getting the fire wood is day 2

the weather conversation and getting the fire wood is day 2

Oh no... so I don't get to do day one then? Darn... I'd better not miss any more days... honestly, that's not a change I like at all. Makes it feel more like a task I have to hurry to complete before I miss the chance. Last year you could be more leisurely about it.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Oh no... so I don't get to do day one then?

day one was just talking to Perl

the story quests and mini games are seperate

I fulfilled all quests yesterday, but none of the new signs has a green mark. I really hope I do not have to do them all over again??

day one was just talking to Perl

the story quests and mini games are seperate

Talking to Perl as in the very first bit where she wakes you up? That was literally all?

I fulfilled all quests yesterday, but none of the new signs has a green mark. I really hope I do not have to do them all over again??

You don't have to do any quests. You can do as many as you want, with previous requests resetting each day (so far at least), to get more items.

Talking to Perl as in the very first bit where she wakes you up? That was literally all?

New content will be made available periodically during the event.

somethings can start out slow then ramp up

Why was this done after Christmas and not before. I spent the entire month waiting for the event to be announced as it's part of my pre-holiday tradition now. But now? Christmas is over, go home. Bah humbug.

Because it's a nice way to start the new year.

Also, if you've taken a look around at all the new and amazing art, I'm sure this took a while to 1) get art done, 2) get the text and quest ideas figured out, 3) get the game actually set up, and 4) do some testing. Please remember that the people who contribute to this site are much like you: human with non-DC lives to take care of. ;3

somethings can start out slow then ramp up

That's fine, I'm just making sure I understand! Thank you. smile.gif

I am so lost. I delivered the wood but got no reward. What other quests are there?

Look at the top of your screen on the left. There's icons for each task available to complete. The story quest doesn't give items but the mini-games do. The book icon is the story quest, the rest are mini-games. Games from previous days reset (so far) so that you can complete them again if you want to get more items. And a new game was released today (hint: it's the paw print, so maybe it has to do with dogs... ;3 )

Because it's a nice way to start the new year.

Also, if you've taken a look around at all the new and amazing art, I'm sure this took a while to 1) get art done, 2) get the text and quest ideas figured out, 3) get the game actually set up, and 4) do some testing. Please remember that the people who contribute to this site are much like you: human with non-DC lives to take care of. ;3

I do understand that Sock. It's not that I mind. I certainly didn't when it was announced it would be after. It's just that I can't seem to get myself into the spirit of the game now that its here. sad.gif A personal failure, not an attack on the hard workers who do all this work for us with no compensation except our thanks. My apologizes to all if my statement came across otherwise.

How the heck does one catch any cats? Nothing I do is working. My house is so glitchy that I keep getting multiple pieces of furniture.

I do understand that Sock. It's not that I mind. I certainly didn't when it was announced it would be after. It's just that I can't seem to get myself into the spirit of the game now that its here. sad.gif A personal failure, not an attack on the hard workers who do all this work for us with no compensation except our thanks. My apologizes to all if my statement came across otherwise.

No problem. I can totally understand that. <3

How the heck does one catch any cats? Nothing I do is working. My house is so glitchy that I keep getting multiple pieces of furniture.

Catch cats in the mini-game or decorate your house with cat items?

Catch cats in the game: approach them and press space or enter. You have to be close enough to them and should be facing them for it to work.

Decorate your house with cat items: items are randomly given, so you'll have to wait to receive some cat items before you can use them to decorate with.

If you place the white square while in furniture editing mode over the item and press enter or space, you should have an option to remove those glitchy extra items. :3