TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I just got a RIP an Error Has Occurred screen o-o

Edited by Asketil

I just got a RIP an Error Has Occurred screen o-o

Same here! I guess we just need to be patient while this is sorted out. I'm gonna go have some eggnog ^u^

The game is a bit unstable at the moment, TJ is probably adding new stuff.

Maybe I should wait a bit before running around again, got stuck three times in the last three minutes :P

Teleport to Alhira, or go back to the teleport building if you're already there, and then head straight north.  You'll find a dog park.

I was running around to the west and south so I headed back to go due north. When I got to where the new section would reload I got an ERROR with a RIP tombstone. Makes me think that the dog park wasn't to have been released as yet. Will check again in a few.

EDIT:

was able to go back and found the dogs and patch. The faded icons also appeared on the top of that part of the map.

When I got home the faded icons were in my house with a green check mark by the book and the paw print not any of the others that I already did today. Guess I'll go back to do the sled and see if I get a green check mark.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

This tombstone.

user posted image

--

My game is back up but it is no longer snowing.

And only the book is checkmarked now? Everything that had been checked marked is not.

Edited by Asketil

Patch's sprite is so cool~. I found him earlier and loved him, I'm glad he got a little spotlight.

I opened the game to check if it was working after reading the latest replies, and lo and behold, it did, and SPOILERS: there's a row of symbols added to the top. The first had a green check mark on it and the rest seemed to match the different tasks you can complete for rewards, so I went and re-did the package delivery and sledding. I got new item rewards for them and they got marked completed on the top row. However, the rewards I got last time around haven't disappeared anywhere. Guess I'll have to re-do today's tasks for double the items biggrin.gif

UPDATE LOG:

Updates made to the game are as follows:

- various bugs have been addressed, from small to large

- New progress markers for various mini-games (story, letter delivery, sledding, Bord-and-seek, cat collecting, new finding Patch, and mazes)

- Yeah, a new mini-game has been added, Finding Patch. The mini-game is located in northern Alhira in the dog park, and the NPC to talk with is Jade.

It seems the rugs going over other items has been fixed, bless you guys!

And say, I wonder if that's how Magis always do their teleporting... "Alright little hatchling, just walk onto that teleporter." What frauds. xP

Edit: Oooh, I have to redo all quests but the post office! I'm actually very happy, since now I get more stuff and I already know where the quests are and how to do them.

Edit again: Wait, no, I have to do that one too. Does anyone know what the book is?

Edited by cbussiere

I'm still stuck in the odd corner of the Alhira inn despite the update with frozen sound. Clicking isn't resetting my location.

Since I got the faded icons in my house I've had to go back to re-do the sled, cats, letter, maze to get them marked with a green check....bummer!

Good news about having to re-do those quests is that I got some new stuff I didn't have before to decorate my home. No pets as yet though sad.gif

The new hatchies are cute!^^

I tossed one of the new eggs I got earlier into the AP to help with anyone who misses the new release. Least I can do after missing this Halloweens and searching crazy to get somexD

I'll check out the updated game in the morning as its very late and I am sleepy^^

On the faded icons, what does the book stand for?

Teleport to the beach area, look for orange folks.

Okay, but now I have to re-do every quest? Why?

Also, just did the cat one (twice) and I don't have a check-mark over the corresponding faded icon. - This one was fixed.

Edited by andromedae

- Yeah, a new mini-game has been added, Finding Patch. The mini-game is located in northern Alhira in the dog park, and the NPC to talk with is Jade.

This one doesn't work for me sad.gif The view is just one huge glitch, and I can only see my character and the dogs on the bottom of the screen. I get a similar glitch view after every load screen, but usually it becomes normal once I move my character. (Luckily, I managed to find Patch by randomly using the arrow keys and repeatedly pressing the space bar like crazy. biggrin.gif)

Edited by Aie

UPDATE LOG:

Updates made to the game are as follows:

- various bugs have been addressed, from small to large

- New progress markers for various mini-games (story, letter delivery, sledding, Bord-and-seek, cat collecting, new finding Patch, and mazes)

Nice!

I got new icons (for quests), but the game still gives me black screens like before sad.gif

Last year I didn't had any problems with event, but now...

When I click on "pencil" at my house - I get black screen (music plays but nothing happens).

Sometimes I get stuck on entering/exiting houses.

I delivered the present from Post office, went left, talked with Gilded Bloodscale Dragon, but when I click on any cat - it teleports inside the fence, but after that I get black screen (music plays but nothing happens). If I reset the game - all cats are out (so I can't progress any further).

Something somewhere is really wrong...

P.S. Laptop (i7-2630QM, 8GB, GTX 460M), Windows 7 (x64), Firefox 50.1 (Shockwave Flash 24.0, Java Platform SE 8 U111).

So I did every quest (Even the newly added 'Find Patch' one) and have decorated my house using some of the decorations I got. Is there supposed to be an 'end of day' message or trigger - or is it just a simple matter of waiting until the next update?

On the faded icons, what does the book stand for?

I don't know but while re-doing my quests when I got back to my house the book had a green check mark. I didn't see any orange folks at the beach though blink.gif

What does the faded icon between sled and cat mean? Where might I find it?

EDIT: I have to go find Borg again and he is not behind the orange tree where I found him last time. Where are the other two places to find Borg?

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

I discovered that I had to redo the quests but my house was how I left it? blink.gif Not complaining though, appreciate it. ♡

Kinda digging the overall look.

Do you think the holiday badges will link to our houses after the event ends?

Edited by Asketil

Okay, but now I have to re-do every quest? Why?

Also, just did the cat one (twice) and I don't have a check-mark over the corresponding faded icon. - This one was fixed.

I think the check mark only appears after you've switched areas (after the loading screen).

I think the check mark only appears after you've switched areas (after the loading screen).

Yup, noticed that. I mentioned it was fixed in my initial comment ^

On another note...anyone know who Gladys is?

Hm, that's weird. I fulfilled the 5 quests this morning and got a reward each time. I decorated my house and went offline.

Now I just felt like visiting the game again and look around although there was nothing new to do... But now there are these little icons indicating which quests you did and only the book icon is marked.

It looks as if I had to do all of the quests again. It though "well okay, that's sad but I'll do it.."

After repeating the cat quest, however, I realized that I got new rewards in addition to the old ones, which are still there. That's not supposed to happen, is it?

Now I'm not sure what to do ^^" Do the quests again, so the game knows I did them, or leave them, because I would be taking advantage of a bug..?

Edited by Hermeline