TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

I navigated away from the page and when I go back to "continue playing" I can't move at all. Does that automatically get fixed later or?

Arrange your house. refresh the page while still inside, then you can safely leave and the furni wont go hiding.

Thank you so much! I was tired of having to redecorate over and over again only to have it disappear. This worked!

The eggs are lovely! I can't wait to see what the dragons look like biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to pass on the game. I managed to get through it last year because every time you finished something you were told where to go next. This year you have to figure it out on your own. I delivered the package to Perl and am now just wandering around with no clue what to do. It's frustrating and boring. I don't like these types of games at the best of times, this I just can't do.

Wait, you delivered a package to Perl? Mine was to Bill (I think?) I guess there's a variation on who the packages go to?

Every time I decorate, when I try to put a certain three items down, the game freezes so I have to restart. Guess I can't have any art nouveau wardrobes or cat rugs in my house

The eggs are lovely.

I'm kinda sad that the game is so slow on my iPad, I'm probably not going to be able to play it. It took my character like five minutes after leaving Romeo to get back to the transporter building. The village is slightly faster on moving, but the other town is basically unplayable for me.

Thanks for the work that went into the game.

...Game froze right when I was decorating my house. I refreshed, only to find myself back in Alhira with all my progress lost. I'm NOT going to spend two hours just to get that progress back - the lag is so terrible, it takes me a minute or two just to get past a single screen. ...Oh, right, this game eats 1 million RAM on my laptop. WHAT?

user posted image

I'm not going to play this game until all the glitches and lag are fixed. Seriously, I'm about ready to punch the next person who comes to my room to ask me why I'm swearing.

Edited by Beldarius

I navigated away from the page and when I go back to "continue playing" I can't move at all. Does that automatically get fixed later or?

Yeah, I'm frozen too. Mine froze when I left Perl's house then tried to go back in. Tried refreshing and I'm still frozen. :c

I love the new egg and I'm so happy with one of the codes I got. I can't wait to see what beautiful dragon we get this time! biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas everyone! wub.gif

I love the new egg and I'm so happy with one of the codes I got. I can't wait to see what beautiful dragon we get this time! biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas everyone! wub.gif

ooh what codes did you get?

still waiting for tjs eggs to at least start cracking

I have lag problems too. Last year the game was almost unplayable for me. Now that I have a faster laptop it's much better, but Alhira is still terribly laggy. I mean the village is beautiful and everything, but it's still too slow to enjoy. sad.gif

I have absolutely no clue where Bord is, I have ran around what I think is the whole map twice. Can he be behind the roof of a building?? Is it randomized each time?

If you are confused with the game, read below. This is just so everyone can have an opportunity to play the game too.

You are free to put this in the wiki, if you want to.

I'm keeping this post updated, so keep checking back for any tips.

Quest Guide

Since this is spoilery, I will just link to my previous post:

Full Quest List (Nulhora, Alhira, Story Quests)

Map Compilation

Nulhora

Nulhora Town Center

Alhira

General map of Alhira

For each area (the numbers are the same as in the general map):

• 1 - Alhira Town Center
  • 2 - Alhira Town - South (Inn & Pub)
  • 3 - Alhira South - Beach
  • 4 - Alhira South - Beach (Maze)
  • 5 - Alhira South - Symon's Lair
  • 6 - Alhira Southwest
  • 7 - Alhira West - Connecting Bridge
  • 8 - Alhira Town - North (Dog Park)
  • 9 - Alhira Town - Southeast (Docks)
  • 10 - Alhira Town - East (Beach)
Temple
  • 1 - Temple Outside
  • 2 - Temple Inside - Ice Puzzle
  • 3 - Temple Inside
General FAQ

What quests are there to do?

As of December 31st, Day 7 of the event, there are 6 repeatable quests and 6 story quests*:

• Package delivery to Bill, Perl, Janus or Gladys/Galys (Nulhora)
  • Sledding challenge (Nulhora)
  • Cat round up (Nulhora)
  • Hide and Seek (Alhira)
  • Maze (Alhira)
  • Lost dog (Alhira)
  • Firewood (Story quest)
  • Ice Temple (Story quest)
  • Lost Thalassian (Story quest)
  • Jungle's Water Temple (Story quest)
  • Putting the artifacts back in the Ice Temple Part 1 (Story quest)
  • Putting the artifacts back in the Ice Temple Part 2 (Story quest)
After completing the Day 7 quest, you unlock the free play mode. No more quests were released so far [Last update: January 3rd].

* Day 1 story quest was simply to talk with Perl at the beginning of the game, so I'm not counting with it.

Is there something that tells you when you finish everything?

You get a green checkmark on the icons on top of your screen. These reset everyday.

• The book icon is for the Story Quest. Once you finish the daily story quest, it will have a checkmark. This is so you know you are updated in terms of storyline
  • The other icons are for repeatable quests. You don't need to do them everyday. Only repeat them to get new rewards.
I delivered a package to Bill only, what do I do with Perl?

You can only deliver a package to Bill, Perl, Janus or Galys, it's random each day. If you delivered to Bill, there's nothing to do with Perl.

I had to redo all my quests because the checkmarks were gone, what happened?

The checkmarks reset daily, so you can repeat the quests to get new furniture for the house. You don't need to do them if you don't want to. Your old rewards don't go away.

The checkmark on the book means that you have completed all story quests.

How do I activate the story quests?

Enter your house, refresh your browser and exit again.

Exiting my house doesn't activate the story quest.

If going in and out of your house doesn't activate the new quests, please try the following options: refresh your browser, hard refresh your browser, clear your cache, reset your position, change browsers.

Avery won't talk to me in the Temple, what do I do next?

Clear your cache, exit the room and enter again. If that doesn't work, reset your position to go back to your house (click the Reset text below the game instructions) then clear your cache.

How do you clear your cache?

What browser are you using ? In firefox - tool bar at the top: history > clear recent history > and make sure cache is selected.

In chrome: the three bars top right > history > clear browsing data and again, make sure cache is checked.

In any other - ask someone else laugh.gif

Who is Gladys/Galys?

Gladys' name was changed to Galys. They are the same person.

Where is Galys?

Known bug. Galys will be added soon. Galys has been added. She's in a house below the Sledding race, north of Nulhora. Update: Her name was changed to Galys.

Why can't I give the parcel to Gladys/Galys?

Glitch. Try to refresh while in her house, according to:

Word to those with issues concerning furniture glitching or Gladys not accepting her darned package:

Refresh your browser while you're in your house (for the furniture reappearing/rearranging/whatevering).

Refresh your browser while in Gladys' house (for her refusal to acknowledge you pushing a package in her face).

It solved both problems for me.  Now I don't leave my house after fiddlin' with furniture without hard refreshing the browser first.  Gotta love command-R.

How do I beat the Sledding game?

Avoid the obstacles and try to go through the ice to speed up. I find the right side better than the left.

The game is perfectly doable in the 18 seconds or less. If you are taking a huge amount of time (30+), your game is probably slowed down. Try to change browser, close and reopen the tabs, etc. I had the same problem, I'm not sure how I made mine normal again...

How do I activate the Teleporter?

Talk to the dragon next to it. Talk to the belly, not the head.

Where's the hide and seek dragon hiding?

Bord hides in different places for people. Use this topic for help.

Reported areas: Here, Here (notice tail behind roof), Here and Here

I believe he's always outside and in the same area, so don't run around to other screens.

How many cats are there to round up?

The dragon stops you when you are done, don't worry about counting.

How do I round up the cats?

Get next to them and press space. They move away quickly, so be prepared to press space.

Edited by LaHaine

OK I LOVE the continuity and everything, what I keep asking myself though... WHAT HAPPENED TO MY KITTY?

Thanks to everyone involved in bringing this back, the lag is quite bad atm but I'm sure it will get better smile.gif

I did all 5 things, put down everything I got in the house, and tired talking to Perl. Still didn't get the "end the day" message. Help?

WB

I completed the other four quests very fast but this hide and seek I have spent over twenty minutes and I have to admit is no longer fun like it is supposed to be. Does he stay in the town only or is it literally anywhere...he hides really well on mine.

I did all 5 things, put down everything I got in the house, and tired talking to Perl. Still didn't get the "end the day" message. Help?

WB

There's an end of the day message?

FINALLY!

The first crack!

*waits anxiously for whatever is inside to peek out*

Edited by arjunvohra

So, how are we supposed to know when we're done for the day? Edited by GuardianOfBelief

Merry Christmas everyone!!! Wonderful Holidays, and Happy New Year!!!

Great dragons this year! And new dragon is also awesome!!!

Thank you TJ and all spriters!

While I really like the idea and the continuity with last year's event, I have to admit I'm not a big fan of the execution.

The (kind of) open world feel is a nice touch, but a quest marker, a map or something would be really useful to help people find quests faster since running around aimlessly interacting with everything for 12 days just to find a quest (or multiples if Day 1 is any indication) will just get tedious fast. Personally I almost gave up trying to find the maze quest.

Not to mention the busy time period this event falls in.

Also, end of day message? What end message?

I can't play at all, I just get a black screen.

I'm having a similiar problem. My character either freezes inside my house or takes one step and the next screen loads...and loads...and loads. The bar doesn't even pop up, just a black screen. Resetting my location/refreshing the page only restarts the cycle sad.gif