TJ09

2016-12-25 - Festive Expeditions

The instructions are at the bottom. Use SPACE or ENTER to talk to Perl. A/S/W/D or the arrows let you move arourd.

Thanks, I am so clueless on these type of games, even though it was a similar game last year. Thanks.

The intro graphic is cute. I can't wait to go see the awesome art in the extension of this year's game!

And congrats to whomever this year's spriter is. ^^

I knew I felt dread when I saw the event... I helped Hand and delivered something to Perl, got three types of things from him, went to my house, started putting things up and then when satisfied hit enter and since then I have been stuck in my doorway. Cleared cache, history, clicked the link for when you are stuck and refreshed. Ah... T-T

Hit the ice patches, avoid the obstacles. It's easily accomplishable in 14 seconds with hitting only 2 ice patches. Good luck! smile.gif

Thank you for the advice, but even with hitting four ice patches and nothing else, I still have 40+ on the clock.

Oh, that's it? After I deliver the package to Perl, I can't do anything else?

So far I've only found one other thing besides Perl, but apparently there's some sledding one in the game(?) that I haven't found yet.

Ok I got stuck in the Pine Forest of un-escape-ability. I'll wait until tomorrow when it's fixed.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus, Happy Holidays, Happy Sunday to all!

Ok I got stuck in the Pine Forest of un-escape-ability. I'll wait until tomorrow when it's fixed.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Festivus, Happy Holidays, Happy Sunday to all!

did you try the out of bounds button?

Anyone else get stuck in their own home? I went to edit it and when I came out of editing my character did this running motion to the door and then froze. Can't go back to editing mode, can't move, and resetting the game does nothing...

On another note: to those who are wondering, there's multiple activities you can do around town for decorations. You help the dragon east of the starting town, for example, with the cats. You can go to the post office too, and get an item to give to Pearl, which the postal worker will reward you for. When you travel through the teleporter there's a person who lost their glasses in a maze, as well as a hide and seek game with an orange dragon (haven't found them yet and can't due to glitch mentioned above). I checked around quite a bit before I got stuck and they, correct me if I'm wrong, seem to be the only four npcs at the moment that give you items.

Edited by Zonatailurus

The sledding game is the second screen to the north, just slightly west of the pillow dragon.

How do you find something to give to Pearl?

The sledding game is the second screen to the north, just slightly west of the pillow dragon.

How do you find something to give to Pearl?

Go to the post office.

did you try the out of bounds button?

Yes, and then I got stuck in a different location. It resets my incomplete things progress each time I do the reset so I'm just going to wait until it's all resolved.

Well I'm frustrated. Besides finding the glitches others have, having to click reset, I was back in my house for the umpteenth time and I saw there was a faded pencil symbol next to the sound so I clicked it and it took me upstairs? Then there was another faded symbol like a chest of drawers so I clicked on that a a blank purple dialog box appeared but I couldn't enter anything so I clicked reset and it appears I am forever stuck in my house upstairs.

There are bugs hiding that didn't show up until now, and are now in the process of being squashed.

If you guys could hang tight for us for a little bit, many random major bugs should hopefully cease to exist.

(games are hard. furniture is hard.)

Edited by birdzgoboom

There are bugs hiding that didn't show up until now, and are now in the process of being squashed.

If you guys could hang tight for us for a little bit, many random major bugs should hopefully cease to exist.

(games are hard.)

YAY! Thank you Elfling helper~

We appreciate your work.

Well I'm frustrated. Besides finding the glitches others have, having to click reset, I was back in my house for the umpteenth time and I saw there was a faded pencil symbol next to the sound so I clicked it and it took me upstairs? Then there was another faded symbol like a chest of drawers so I clicked on that a a blank purple dialog box appeared but I couldn't enter anything so I clicked reset and it appears I am forever stuck in my house upstairs.

the faded pencil puts you into a furniture edit mode to get out of it click the pencil again

(games are hard. furniture is hard.)

Ah... I remember you from the last time this game came about. Poor coordinators. *Pats*

PS - I'm pretty chill (numb) this month, so hopefully I won't have a mental/emotional breakdown this time... and if I do begin to, I'll catch myself in time and just avoid typing anything on the forum. Cheers.

Unfortunately, some bugs don't appear in testing, even if you're thorough. Sometimes they relate to scalability, for example, and it's very hard to test that sort of thing unless you're an actual game studio. I have every confidence that the DC "staff" are doing their best to make it work. smile.gif

I think the one thing that I would really appreciate is a map. I'm definitely lost in the world...and have no idea how to return back to my home. (i used the teleporter dragon)

Unfortunately, some bugs don't appear in testing, even if you're thorough. Sometimes they relate to scalability, for example, and it's very hard to test that sort of thing unless you're an actual game studio. I have every confidence that the DC "staff" are doing their best to make it work. smile.gif

They did a good job last year of fixing everything!