Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

Also, for Silver, how I conveyed the use of Ignis:

She dropped low and ran at an opposing panther, swiping her Levin Sword up and under its belly. With a loud, gravely grunt, she hefted it up and into the air, slamming the electrified sword into it.

Before it could begin to drop, she deftly slid her sword back into place and retrieved her Wind tome, spreading it with a slap and holding out a finger.

"Come on! Cereal Killer!" The kitters screeched as its entire abdomen was flayed, splitting its bottom jaw.

"Hah! We're not done yet!" Green flames blazed at her feet, snaking up her legs to her now two extended fingers. She twirled in place and fired out a green shockwave, sending the panther recoiling off the...uh, Trick Room barrier thingie. When it crashed, she flung up her tome, grabbing Ilyana and giving her a sly twirl. She held up her hand, the spine thumping neatly against her palm. "Had enough?!"

To her surprise, it looked like it hadn't. It sprung back up on all fours, leaking this vile black-purple stuff from everywhere. She stuck out her lips.

"Wat? B-but muh Ignis...!"

I should also add that your mileage may vary on your depictions of Magic. According to some admittedly shady evidence, Soren neither needs to speak magic verses nor does he really need his tomes as anything but implements. This is because he is depicted in PoR as not wielding tomes in art and battle, and because he's a prodigy who learned to cast magic while he was in the time period of his life that he couldn't speak (not because he was too young to speak, but that he'd never been taught to. Sorta a big part of his backstory.)

Alex, on the other hand, calls out her magic's names. Not only is this because of Smash depicting this (and maybe Awakening), but she's also sortof ineffectual when she isn't serious. I made her more sword-based in-game, anyway.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Since there isn't an activation rate anymore, would Hoshidan Unity then be pointless or would it simply strengthen the skills/allow them to be used twice?

I still have some thinking to do on the form (mostly deciding if I want to name Corrin something else and what that name would be), but I guess I'll put it here since most of the skills and weapons are already thought out. I have the personality and appearance somewhere else, since they're still really rough. The only change to weapons would be adding a Fire tome if I decide to go with tomes. I went ahead and put Corrin's personal skill in the skillset, but if 6 skills is too many I can just get rid of it.

Name:

Universe: Fire Emblem Fates (Revelation)

Species: Uh... Dragon-blooded human?

Appearance:

Personality:

Abilities/Weapons:

She wields the Omega Yato, the fully awakened form of the divine blade, Yato. While she carries the Yato, even if she isn't wielding it, it grants her increased strength, speed, defense, and resistance. In addition to the Yato, she wears a necklace containing a Dragonstone and a bracelet containing a stronger Dragonstone+. These stones allow her to transform into a dragon form, although if they are somehow removed or broken she will lose control of her dragon form.

Due to having draconic blood, she is able to activate Dragon Veins.

Skills (slightly adapted to RP):

(Personal) Supportive - When fighting alongside a close ally, grants them increased hit rates and more damage dealt/less damage taken.

Dragon Fang - Occasionally deals more damage

Nohrian Trust - Can use other unit's skills when fighting alongside them

Hoshidan Unity - Increases trigger rate of all skills

Renewal - Restores some HP over time

Draconic Hex - Weakens enemies after battle

Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Since there isn't an activation rate anymore, would Hoshidan Unity then be pointless or would it simply strengthen the skills/allow them to be used twice?

I still have some thinking to do on the form (mostly deciding if I want to name Corrin something else and what that name would be), but I guess I'll put it here since most of the skills and weapons are already thought out. I have the personality and appearance somewhere else, since they're still really rough. The only change to weapons would be adding a Fire tome if I decide to go with tomes. I went ahead and put Corrin's personal skill in the skillset, but if 6 skills is too many I can just get rid of it.

Name:

Species: Uh... Dragon-blooded human?

Appearance:

Personality:

Abilities/Weapons:

She wields the Omega Yato, the fully awakened form of the divine blade, Yato. While she carries the Yato, even if she isn't wielding it, it grants her increased strength, speed, defense, and resistance. In addition to the Yato, she wears a necklace containing a Dragonstone and a bracelet containing a stronger Dragonstone+. These stones allow her to transform into a dragon form, although if they are somehow removed or broken she will lose control of her dragon form.

Due to having draconic blood, she is able to activate Dragon Veins.

(Personal) Supportive - When fighting alongside a close ally, grants them increased hit rates and more damage dealt/less damage taken.

I think, since it may be too overpowered to have a skill that allows for what basically boil down to "super moves" to be used twice in a battle, it actually might make more sense to keep Supportive and lose Hoshidan Unity. If you were to keep Hoshidan Unity and lose Supportive, it could take its function and be used to strengthen proc'd skills (and would convey that sense of balance the character is supposed to represent). I would keep it at 5 skills, though, if only because that's what I bumped Soren/Ike up to and kept Alex at. Though, quick question: does Fates have 6 skill slots? I let my friend borrow my cartridge and don't have the means to check right now D: If so, I'll consider giving us an extra slot for all the FE charas.

In Fire Emblem lore, Corrin is considered a Manakete. She's a dragon-kin who has the ability to shift forms using a stone that subdues/contains their power. [side note of no importance: Manaketes who lose their stones, but retain the ability to morph -into people that they've seen- are considered Chameleons biggrin.gif Weird how there's only one in the series...]

You can also implement Corrin's weird body-shifting stuff for Dragon Fang if you want ;D The skills look good, though; no real complaints.

Fates has a personal skill that can't be unequipped and 5 actual skill slots, hence my inclusion of the personal skill. If the limit is 5, I'll just do what you said and get rid of Supportive while keeping Hoshidan Unity.

Okay, I guess I'll put that for the species.

I think this should be good to go, save for the skills. I'll change those depending on whether or not we get 6 skills. Yes, I did use Corrin's black palette from Smash as an image because I prefer the Smash portrayal of Corrin's face to the actual in game face options. Just imagine that Corrin's wearing her normal armor.

I should probably give her some healing items to carry but *shrug* she has Renewal and I can't for the life of my figure out where she would actually carry healing items without them getting in the way. I have enough trouble wondering where the heck she puts the rest of her stuff when she's a dragon. While we're on the topic of stuff Corrin should also carry she should probably also get some range weapons (I'm looking at you, tomes *glares at lack of Nohr Noble*) but again where does she even carry anything. At least Robin has a belt.

Name: Cyil

Species: Manakete

Appearance: Cyil is relatively short, barely standing a few inches over five feet. She has slightly messy black hair that waves slightly as it reaches her waist, held back by a headband. During most outings, she wears a black shirt under a set of segmented silver armor along with a conspicuous lack of footwear. A clip on said armor holds a piece of cloth that connects to a nearly ankle-length blue cape.

Personality: Although Cyil appears to be nice enough at first glance, she is actually relatively reserved and somewhat of a loner. The war she waged against Anankos didn't help much, nor did the new responsibilities that came with being the ruler of Valla. Although delegation lessened much of the burden, her nature made many of the ceremonies and public speeches quite tiring. On the battlefield, she manages to shed off these worries and truly come alive. Instead of dedicating her mind towards fitting meetings into timeslots, she turns it towards analyzing her opponents. This allows her to find weak spots quite easily and utilize them to her advantage. She has a slight tendency to run from her problems and can become somewhat hostile when confronted. In addition to this, she also has a habit of keeping her emotions to herself and retaining a polite, friendly exterior regardless of what she really feels. These emotions can sometimes manifest themselves in powerful bursts, but she always quickly calms down and acts as if the outbursts never happened.

Abilities/Weapons:

Cyil wields the Omega Yato, the fully awakened form of the divine blade, Yato. While she carries the Yato, even if she isn't wielding it, it grants her increased strength, speed, defense, and resistance. In addition to the Yato, she wears a bracelet on her left and right wrists, containing a Dragonstone and Dragonstone+ respectively. These stones allow her to transform into a dragon form, although if they are somehow removed or broken she will lose control of her dragon form. In addition to these items, she carries Due to having draconic blood, she is able to activate Dragon Veins.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I think this should be good to go, save for the skills. I'll change those depending on whether or not we get 6 skills. Yes, I did use Corrin's black palette from Smash as an image because I prefer the Smash portrayal of Corrin's face to the actual in game face options. Just imagine that Corrin's wearing her normal armor.

I should probably give her some healing items to carry but *shrug* she has Renewal and I can't for the life of my figure out where she would actually carry healing items without them getting in the way. I have enough trouble wondering where the heck she puts the rest of her stuff when she's a dragon. While we're on the topic of stuff Corrin should also carry she should probably also get some range weapons (I'm looking at you, tomes *glares at lack of Nohr Noble*) but again where does she even carry anything. At least Robin has a belt.

Appearance: Cyil is relatively short, barely standing a few inches over five feet. She has slightly messy black hair that waves slightly as it reaches her waist, held back by a headband. During most outings, she wears a black shirt under a set of segmented silver armor along with a conspicuous lack of footwear. A clip on said armor holds a piece of cloth that connects to a nearly ankle-length blue cape.

Personality: Although Cyil appears to be nice enough at first glance, she is actually relatively reserved and somewhat of a loner. The war she waged against Anankos didn't help much, nor did the new responsibilities that came with being the ruler of Valla. Although delegation lessened much of the burden, her nature made many of the ceremonies and public speeches quite tiring. On the battlefield, she manages to shed off these worries and truly come alive. Instead of dedicating her mind towards fitting meetings into timeslots, she turns it towards analyzing her opponents. This allows her to find weak spots quite easily and utilize them to her advantage. She has a slight tendency to run from her problems and can become somewhat hostile when confronted. In addition to this, she also has a habit of keeping her emotions to herself and retaining a polite, friendly exterior regardless of what she really feels. These emotions can sometimes manifest themselves in powerful bursts, but she always quickly calms down and acts as if the outbursts never happened.

Abilities/Weapons:

Cyil wields the Omega Yato, the fully awakened form of the divine blade, Yato. While she carries the Yato, even if she isn't wielding it, it grants her increased strength, speed, defense, and resistance. In addition to the Yato, she wears a bracelet on her left and right wrists, containing a Dragonstone and Dragonstone+ respectively. These stones allow her to transform into a dragon form, although if they are somehow removed or broken she will lose control of her dragon form. In addition to these items, she carries  Due to having draconic blood, she is able to activate Dragon Veins.

If you can thin of a (potentially non-canon) spin on Supportive, or if you would like to replace it, I will allow 6 skills. I will be adding Beastfoe to Soren (extra damage to beast-type enemies), Imbue to Alex (this unit heals unusually fast/regenerates), and Pavise to Ike (less damage from sword/lances/axes).

I will also allow you to play Cyil as Nohr Noble, even if she keeps her Nohr Princess outfit. This is because I not only kept the base-class outfit for Alex but have her as a Grandmaster, but Soren is wearing his Wind Sage outfit when he's a Wind Archsage (because the Archsage outfit only appears in the concept art and battle, not in official art. Also, he looks better in grey than mint green). This will allow her access to tomes.

[Your complaints about the impracticality of Corrin's design is exactly why I'm very sore about design in general in Fates. PoR and RD armor for the win x3]

Edited by Sugar-Free

I think I'm just going to give Cyil a sword holster because I plan on giving her Ragnarok and Thunder and holding three weapons at once is just dumb. Yato does seem to have the ability to fly towards Corrin, however it only exhibited that ability once when it first "chose" Corrin so I'm not going to count that.

Chest windows and butt exposing armor is stupid. Effie as a General, A FULLY ARMORED CLASS, somehow doesn't want to wear actual pants because apparently no one will ever target her behind. Female Corrin's Nohr Noble is also kinda guilty of this but I like Nohr Noble's overall armor design so it gets a pass. Nohr Noble > Hoshido Noble fite me I'm nohrian scum

Abilities/Weapons:

Cyil wields the Omega Yato, the fully awakened form of the divine blade, Yato. While she carries the Yato, even if she's storing it in a holster, it grants her increased strength, speed, defense, and resistance. In addition to the Yato, she wears a bracelet on her left and right wrists, containing a Dragonstone and Dragonstone+ respectively. These stones allow her to transform into a dragon form, although if they are somehow removed or broken she will lose control of her dragon form. In addition to these items, she carries a forged Thunder tome and a Ragnarok tome. Due to having draconic blood, she is able to activate Dragon Veins. She is also able to control water.

Dragon Fang - Deals extra damage on attack

Dragon Ward - Nearby allies take half damage

Hoshidan Unity - Strengthens all triggered skills

Edited by Silverphoenixx

I think I'm just going to give Cyil a sword holster because I plan on giving her Ragnarok and Thunder and holding three weapons at once is just dumb. Yato does seem to have the ability to fly towards Corrin, however it only exhibited that ability once when it first "chose" Corrin so I'm not going to count that.

Chest windows and butt exposing armor is stupid. Effie as a General, A FULLY ARMORED CLASS, somehow doesn't want to wear actual pants because apparently no one will ever target her behind. Female Corrin's Nohr Noble is also kinda guilty of this but I like Nohr Noble's overall armor design so it gets a pass. Nohr Noble > Hoshido Noble fite me I'm nohrian scum

Abilities/Weapons:

Cyil wields the Omega Yato, the fully awakened form of the divine blade, Yato. While she carries the Yato, even if she's storing it in a holster, it grants her increased strength, speed, defense, and resistance. In addition to the Yato, she wears a bracelet on her left and right wrists, containing a Dragonstone and Dragonstone+ respectively. These stones allow her to transform into a dragon form, although if they are somehow removed or broken she will lose control of her dragon form. In addition to these items, she carries a forged Thunder tome and a Ragnarok tome. Due to having draconic blood, she is able to activate Dragon Veins.

Dragon Fang - Deals extra damage on attack

Dragon Ward - Nearby allies take half damage

Hoshidan Unity - Strengthens all triggered skills

Alright, everything looks good now! I think her personality has a very good chance of working with and against the other three FE charas. Ooh, I wanna see how they interact so bad~

[AND I KNOW. I don't think Fates is an utter travesty in all regards, but boob and butt windows are NOT what this series is about. If you want sexy/beautiful women in your game, there are respectful ways of doing it. You did it before. When this chucklehead is a more realistic knight than you, you've failed :l ]

I fudged canon to include a mechanism on Alex's belt that allows her to press the hilt of her Levin Sword into it and hold it while she's running around or not using it. I mean, you think putting a chainsaw in a sheath is hard, imagine trying to fit a facking LIGHTNING BOLT into one D: I know Robin can meguc and somehow float her weapons around her, but I think it's stupid and denounce it. It's never been a thing before Smash/Awakening, and it certainly didn't exist in pre-Ylisse Archanea, so...no.

I also fudged canon with Soren; canonically, he has a couple pouches on his hip to hold his small items in. I gave him a bag/holster for his spare tomes and a setup of straps to slide his staves in on his back for ease of access.

im also filthy nohrian scum much better than grorious nippon hoshido. the only downside is that they have best brother tacomeat 10/10 would wincest again

A HEADS UP FOR ALL INVOLVED!!!!!!

It will likely be tomorrow DC time before the IC is up. I'm hoping I'll at least get the finalized chara sheets posted up over in the IC tonight. When/if I do, I'll let you all know here and will bump the IC when I get it totally finished. Look forward to it~

I also have yet to contact Dusky regarding her original idea for this RP. I'll have to wait until I get that before I get super in-depth with the RP, but don't fret! Once I get the PM sent, I'll give about a week for a reply, and if I don't get anything back, I'll just devise a plan myself!

ONE MORE THING

I don't know if anyone's been paying attention, I've been steadily updating the first page of the OOC with some character info. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING IS OUT OF PLACE. Same goes for the RP itself once it gets going: if you feel you're chara is being misrepresented or underappreciated, or if you have some ideas you'd like to see come up or just anything else, come talk to me! I'm open through PM and the OOC, and while I can't assure that I'll say yes to or be able to amend things perfectly, I still want to try! I do make mistakes, and I ask you remember that I'm only one human!

Oh yeah, quick question. Will Renewal be allowed to work like a passively increased heal rate or will it act as a single activation heal?

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot the Omega Yato is a flaming chainsaw oh no how is she going to hold that.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Oh yeah, quick question. Will Renewal be allowed to work like a passively increased heal rate or will it act as a single activation heal?

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot the Omega Yato is a flaming chainsaw oh no how is she going to hold that.

Probably a passive regeneration. In game, Renewal restores I thjnk 10% hp per turn? And Imbue (which is like it) restores hp equal to the unit's Magic stat every turn. To balance the two while keeping them unique, I would say Renewal allows Cyil small passive regeneration, while Imbue acts as a "second wind" when Alex is badly wounded (bleeding out profusely, basically how Soren was after he killed the panther). I can weave it as a sort of forced healing due to her bond with magical entities (because she's a mage class) to prevent her from dying.

[An answer: Very, VERY carefully.]

Okay, thanks! Sorry for all the questions, but does Corrin get the water control thing that they display as a dragon?

Okay, thanks! Sorry for all the questions, but does Corrin get the water control thing that they display as a dragon?

If your playing them more canon than Smash, then sure? It never factors into Normal!Corrin, and it's so unimportant to the dragon form that I don't even understand why it's there. Like...I can see it's attacks having a water effect, but as far as I remember, it doesn't...really...use water? It doesn't spit a stream of water or steam, and I am aware of the Smash representation (Arceus used Whirlpool!), but??? What was the purpose other than a tangential connection to Azura? If this was made apparent somewhere where I don't remember it, just remind me.

Oh, Silver, btw, is the last sheet you ut up your final one? Or do you want to add the water stuff to it before I get it up in the IC?

I think in Fates Corrin does actually shoot water when they activate Dragon Fang while using a tome, at least in

, but it was never really explained. It was mentioned somewhere that Arete is Mikoto's sister, and since Azura is Arete's child I suppose it has something to do with Valla? Valla royals apparently have Anankos's blood so it might be related to Anankos's terraforming abilities. This is all pretty speculative, but since Corrin does use water abilities in Smash and Fates I'd like to keep it. I'll just put a quick sentence in the form and then it should be good to go.

Waa Ratchet good to go or do I need to keep editing?

Oops, did I not say? @.@ Yeah, he should be fine now! I've got him and (I'm pretty sure, besides Ascension, who I will also be playing due to being the DM) everyone else added to the IC now. Only things left is to type and insert the flavor text for the plot and such and send out the PM to Dusky :3

You missed the last sentence in the Weapons/Abilities section of Cyil's form. It basically just needs to have "She can also control water" tacked onto the end of the paragraph.

You missed the last sentence in the Weapons/Abilities section of Cyil's form. It basically just needs to have "She can also control water" tacked onto the end of the paragraph.

I swore I highlighted the right post @.@ Sorry about that! Fixing it now! Fix'd.

Also, for everyone: I just sent the PM to Dusky. If I get no reply by this time next week, I'll just start the RP without direction and fake it till I make it xd.png Promise I won't anus it up too bad :3

Edited by Sugar-Free

=Updates, again!=

Alright, sorry for the silence yesterday. Was a friend's house down in the boondocks, so I had no access to interwebs. To make things worse, my phone promptly died, and my only charger was this chinsy piece of crap that I had to press against a book and weigh down with my shoe and an orange juice box =.= So, thusly, no phone access.

BUT!

Dusky got back to me. I'm gonna take tonight's festivites (HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!) as time to get the IC finished and ready to go. I just need to establish a chronology of the info ahe gave me and a few unclear details, and that's it!

Keep looking back for updates! Stay safe, everyone <3

Hello, everyone! Hope everyone's doing good out there. I've got some fantastic news!

THE IC IS FINISHED!!! YAY!~

Now, I ask that everyone wait until I post for Ascension before posting themselves. As it's late here again, while I endeavor to do so tonight, I will not promise that I can. Please take a look over the Rules stated in its respective portion in the IC. Some things have changed, and some folks are new. I thank you all for being patient, and I hope to have a good experience with you!

I also should add: new characters can pop in whenever. Also, I retconned Corrin's appearance at the end of the old IC since that chara is being played now.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

EDIT: Dusky, if you see this, please clean your PM box and let me know :3

Edited by Sugar-Free