Sugar-Free

[OOC] The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

Heads up for all the lovely folks:

Aiming to get the IC in order tomorrow or the 26th. I will also be able to for a reply for pad by then. For now, celebrating Christmas Eve and Day.

Happy Holidays everyone! Be safe!

Name: Arctic and Vulpes

Universe: The Legend of Spryo

Species: both are dragons

Appearance: Artic is a small white dragon that looks like she is just getting her wings. She has two head spikes that look like icicles and a small little icicle horn at the end of her muzzle. She has rather short, but firm legs from playing in the snow most of the time. Her claws are blue along with a short tail that also has small icicle spikes on it. She has crystal blue eyes.

Vulpes is a bit big and bulky, being an orange (the top part of his body along with his wings) and white (his underbelly) dragon with a white muzzle and the tip of his tail being white. His legs are black with white claws. His wings are long, enabling him to fly, but he keeps himself grounded to take care of Arctic. He has emerald green eyes.

Personality: Arctic in a sense is highly curious about the work around her. She likes to go "exploring" but often finds herself in trouble and ends up having to be rescued by Vulpes a lot. She is rather shy around new creatures and wants Malefor to leave her alone so she can explore peacefully.

Vulpes used to be carefree and not give a darn about anyone else until he met Arctic who was orphaned by the war going on between the creatures who wanted to be free from Malefor's reign and Malefor himself. Since then, he has become more cautious about the world around him and is highly protective of Arctic. He does let her wander around, but he makes sure she's always in the general area.

History: Vulpes comes from a long line of orange and white dragons. He was hatched from the hatchery where most dragons are hatched in the Dragon Realms. When he was older, he learned of the purple dragons who hatched every ten years. He never really understood why or how that happened, but as time wore on, Vulpes started to resent the purple dragons as rumors of Malefor and Spyro came to be. He started feeling left out that only those two would seem to be remembered since purple dragons were reverred. Then the unthinkable happened as Malefor came back and started spreading his darkness everywhere. Vulpes fled north deep into the mountain snow where he met Arctic. Arctic seemed rather young and was excited to see a dragon of a different color. Wondering what she was doing there by herself and in which she responded her parents were playing hide and seek with her.

Vulpes waited with her for hours for her parents to come back, but they never did. Taking Artcic under his wing as a younger sister, they left the mountains as Vulpes realized Malefor's control tried to extend where they were. They fled southwest, hoping to escape the war as best as they could.

Abilities/Weapons: Their skills are:

Scratching- they have the ability to scratch at their opponents with their claws.

Winter Freeze- She can form a circle of snow and ice around her. Anyone who steps in this circle gets instantly frozen solid for a good few seconds, buying her enough time to escape. Fire balls also get extinguished once they enter the area

Ice Ball- she can form small little ice balls and launch them at her enemies

Pounce- he can create small earthquakes towards a ground enemy to knock them down.

Nature's Breath- harnessing the nature around him, he can stroke at enemies using a combination of the wind and earth.

Other: these two play like the Ice Climbers. And both view each other as brother and sister

Hm, I saw the original version of this a few times in passing. Didn't go for it though, as I tend to dislike having canon characters in RPs. I'm kinda curious now though since most of the RPs I'm in are dead. What's the plot about? And does it have epic battles?

Hm, I saw the original version of this a few times in passing. Didn't go for it though, as I tend to dislike having canon characters in RPs. I'm kinda curious now though since most of the RPs I'm in are dead. What's the plot about? And does it have epic battles?

It will have epic battles but the original plot line was to stop an Espeon that is supposedly the Sun incarnation or smt

I know there's an Eevee involved that can evolve into its different evolutions. Not sure if Sugar is going to keep the original plot

If you'd like, I can definitely link the original thread. It was pretty awesome, imo. Heads cut off, panthers, good stuff biggrin.gif One of the best RPs I've been in yet. I'm also striving to get the IC up tomorrow, but I'm dead tired tonight. I need to ask Dusky a couple questions, and then I'll be able to decide what the plot will be from there. I'll likely keep Eos and Nix (the Espeon and Umbreon deities, respectively).

*rolls over* Ooooh, but I'm curious--who would you play, Silver? I see someone has perhaps dabbled in at least a touch of Fire Emblem stuff, if your sig is anything to go by.

ALSO: If anyone wants to play Ganondorf, Corrin/Kamui, Marth or Roy, you might want to tell me now. All Smash royalty besides them have perished. This includes Peach; Bowser and Jr.; Lucina; Zelda; King Dedede and Rosalina. If you desperately wish to play one of the perished charas, I may be open to somehow bringing them back to life. Maybe. Possibly.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Um, Sugar, what about my OCs?

Don't worry! I neither overlooked them nor forgot. I was going to wait to officially approve both yours and pad's charas on Monday, but since I'm up, I'll go ahead and do so for yours.

I like the idea of an Ice Climber-type duo! They seem balanced and nothing really sticks out to me. The fact that Vulpes keeps grounded is good, and I'll allow for situational flying from him (so long as he isn't zipping around the Smeshlands) As for any lore, that's all you; I also have limited experience with Spyro, so...yiss <:3

As far as Dalek's: Approved and accepted!

Pad, I'll wait till tomorrow on yours. I'll be up early, so you won't have to wait long.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Alright. I cut out the duplicates like the bouncer and the groovatron glove. I have six. Excluding the RYNO (which he has to find the holo-plans for) and Zurkon (Who is more like a temporary sidekick)

I can also cut out the Combustor for the Buzz Blades if need be.

That leaves him with....7, not including the omniwrench or the RYNO

I can cut Zurkon and the combustor as well if it's still too much

I would like to keep the omniwrench because it's a iconic part of Rathet and Clank. Plus, it's his only melee weapon (and it's not very good. It's just a glorified smacky stick)

Aphelion is a single person starship and I was going to use her (she can talk, think, fly on her own) as his introduction to the rp. Like he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and ended up on whatever planet this is taking place.

Think Captain Falcon or Fox's entrance in smash.

I really don't mind if that doesn't happen though

Ratchet and Clank is one of the best series that Sony put out. I have been playing and re-playing these games since I got my first ps2.

Ratchet is a lombax and is searching for the rest of his species (They jumped dimensions when their planet was overrun by another alien species). Clank isn't in the picture since this is the Ratchet from A Crack in Time where Clank was taken by a time travelig robot species called the Zoni. Clank is actually the predecessor of another robot that lives on a space station in the EXACT CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE (give or take 50 feet) and finds out he is basically the new keeper of the Grand Clock. Which is basically the pacemaker of the universe.

So Clank is there and Ratchet is trying to find him so he can get his buddy back.

thats not really important, it's just where my Ratchet falls in the time line of the series.

If Aphelion is used circumstantially, I'm fine with keeping her :3

Choose either the Combustor or Buzz Blades. I can imagine Zurkon being pretty entertaining at some points, so I don't have much of an issue with that staying, either. I knew to some degree that the Omniwrench was a weapon in the same vein as Ike's where it's kinda their thing, so that's fine, too.

Add these changes and you'll be good to go!

I like the idea of an Ice Climber-type duo! They seem balanced and nothing really sticks out to me. The fact that Vulpes keeps grounded is good, and I'll allow for situational flying from him (so long as he isn't zipping around the Smeshlands) As for any lore, that's all you; I also have limited experience with Spyro, so...yiss <:3

As far as Dalek's: Approved and accepted!

Awesome! I was trying to think of something where I can have them kind of together when I remember Ice Climbers. You can switch to either Nana or Popo depending on who you started to play as.

The only time you'll see Vulpes flying is to either save someone or he has to get to higher ground.

fixed that for you smile.gif I kept the combustor cause thats a pretty basic one.

Also, i remembered a game mehanic from R&C that I would like to include. As Ratchet uses weapons, they lvl up. They start at V1 but when they get to V10 they become different weapons. For example Mr. Zurkon at V10 becomes Zurkon Jr. (Basically he gets 4 mini Zurkon's)

If thats too much it doesn't have to be used.

If... all games within reason are allowed... mind me bringing in an Inazuma Eleven character? I haven't played any of the games, but I've watched the anime and know the games are largely the same, and well, for Valerie I'm also mainly using her anime appearance anyway, so... I guess it should be fine?

If it's no problem I'd like to pick Shawn Froste, in his season 2 anime version. This means that he has greatly defensive abilities at the start of a battle (Land of Ice (temporary single target freeze), coil turn (temporary single target confusion) and Cyclone (blows a single enemy away, if they're not too heavy(but it can carry much))), but after a while he will turn to his "merged form" and become more offensive, still with Land of Ice, but now instead of Coil Turn and Cyclone, he has Eternal Blizzard (Ice-based ranged attack(in-game element is wind, but in-game IE elements are VERY limited (wind, wood, earth and fire, and void which serves as a "null" element), and it's obviously based around ice)) and Legendary Wolf (also officialy wind, but let's treat this one as neutral. it IS more powerful than Eternal Blizzard after all...)

If... all games within reason are allowed... mind me bringing in an Inazuma Eleven character? I haven't played any of the games, but I've watched the anime and know the games are largely the same, and well, for Valerie I'm also mainly using her anime appearance anyway, so... I guess it should be fine?

If it's no problem I'd like to pick Shawn Froste, in his season 2 anime version. This means that he has greatly defensive abilities at the start of a battle (Land of Ice (temporary single target freeze), coil turn (temporary single target confusion) and Cyclone (blows a single enemy away, if they're not too heavy(but it can carry much))), but after a while he will turn to his "merged form" and become more offensive, still with Land of Ice, but now instead of Coil Turn and Cyclone, he has Eternal Blizzard (Ice-based ranged attack(in-game element is wind, but in-game IE elements are VERY limited (wind, wood, earth and fire, and void which serves as a "null" element), and it's obviously based around ice)) and Legendary Wolf (also officialy wind, but let's treat this one as neutral. it IS more powerful than Eternal Blizzard after all...)

If you don't mind putting together a sheet, I'll give it a looksie and approve based on what I see :3

ALSO: Sorry I didn't make good on my promise to get the IC ready today. It's been a long day over here :/

Name: Shawn Frost

Universe: Inazuma Eleven

Species: Human

Appearance: Picture! In his merged form his eyes turn yellow and his hair gets a lot messier.

Personality: He is a very calm and caring person, but after being in battle for a while, his older brother, who has passed away, will take control, and he only cares about winning the fight. When the fight is over Shawn will turn back normal.

Abilities/Weapons:

Normal form:

- Cyclone: Blows a single enemy away a few feet.

- Coil Turn: Confuses a single enemy by spinning around them in circles.

- Land of Ice: Temporarily freezes an enemy. If said enemy was holding a football, it will go to Shawn.

Merged form:

- Land of Ice: Same as above.

- Eternal Blizzard: Shoots the ball with a great force and sends a blizzard coming after it. Deals ice based damage to all enemies in a straight line, but it can be stopped while going.

- Legendary Wolf: This one's quite a lot more powerful than Eternal Blizzard, but it just deals neutral damage and he can only use it once he has his merged form under control.(Looks like this.)

In addition to this, he will have to retrieve his ball after shooting it. (Duh, common sense.)

If you'd like, I can definitely link the original thread. It was pretty awesome, imo. Heads cut off, panthers, good stuff biggrin.gif One of the best RPs I've been in yet. I'm also striving to get the IC up tomorrow, but I'm dead tired tonight. I need to ask Dusky a couple questions, and then I'll be able to decide what the plot will be from there. I'll likely keep Eos and Nix (the Espeon and Umbreon deities, respectively).

*rolls over* Ooooh, but I'm curious--who would you play, Silver? I see someone has perhaps dabbled in at least a touch of Fire Emblem stuff, if your sig is anything to go by.

ALSO: If anyone wants to play Ganondorf, Corrin/Kamui, Marth or Roy, you might want to tell me now. All Smash royalty besides them have perished. This includes Peach; Bowser and Jr.; Lucina; Zelda; King Dedede and Rosalina. If you desperately wish to play one of the perished charas, I may be open to somehow bringing them back to life. Maybe. Possibly.

A link would be great, thanks!

I'm not sure who I'd play yet, but probably either something from Pokemon or Fire Emblem Fates because I still haven't gotten over being utter Fates trash. I'm sorta late to the party since I just got the game in November and haven't played any other Fire Emblem games, but Fire Emblem Fates has literally everything I like in a game.

If we're going by who I can actually play without dying in Smash, then probably Corrin since Robin's what I usually use but Corrin's my secondary. Still, I try to avoid canon characters because I have concerns about portraying them as OOC even if Corrin is a customizable unit.

A link would be great, thanks!

I'm not sure who I'd play yet, but probably either something from Pokemon or Fire Emblem Fates because I still haven't gotten over being utter Fates trash. I'm sorta late to the party since I just got the game in November and haven't played any other Fire Emblem games, but Fire Emblem Fates has literally everything I like in a game.

If we're going by who I can actually play without dying in Smash, then probably Corrin since Robin's what I usually use but Corrin's my secondary. Still, I try to avoid canon characters because I have concerns about portraying them as OOC even if Corrin is a customizable unit.

Link to Old IC: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175732

Link to Old OOC: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175733

Again, if you're set on Corrin, then make sure to tell me now. It was only by fluke that they didn't end up beheaded in the old thread xd.png

Also, Silver, since the Avatars are custom charas, I'm allowing you to have them in whatever custom appearance/skillset you want (within game canon). You can use the online Corrin/Kamuk generator for a face pic if you'd like. Imma add mine here in a few minutes.

I wouldn't be concerned about ooc-ing them, since imo, Corrin/Kamui (and Robin) don't have any real personalities outside of "lolhoshidDO what nohr dont" or "nohr do what hoshiDONT", so I figure they're impossible to ooc xd.png (Proof: read Alex's dialogue in old IC.) You can also name them, as I did with F!Robin. Not saying you'd have to use it as an absolute, but I think my profiles for Alex, Ike and Soren are good guidelines for how to describe their skills/weapons (6 slots for weapons and items, 5 slots for skills. I figured I'd use this layout as it's truest to Fates's, and having the 5 weapon slots and 5 item slots from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would be slightly overkill.)

Edited by Sugar-Free

Name: Shawn Frost

Universe: Inazuma Eleven

Species: Human

Appearance: Picture! In his merged form his eyes turn yellow and his hair gets a lot messier.

Personality: He is a very calm and caring person, but after being in battle for a while, his older brother, who has passed away, will take control, and he only cares about winning the fight. When the fight is over Shawn will turn back normal.

Abilities/Weapons:

Normal form:

- Cyclone: Blows a single enemy away a few feet.

- Coil Turn: Confuses a single enemy by spinning around them in circles.

- Land of Ice: Temporarily freezes an enemy. If said enemy was holding a football, it will go to Shawn.

Merged form:

- Land of Ice: Same as above.

- Eternal Blizzard: Shoots the ball with a great force and sends a blizzard coming after it. Deals ice based damage to all enemies in a straight line, but it can be stopped while going.

- Legendary Wolf: This one's quite a lot more powerful than Eternal Blizzard, but it just deals neutral damage and he can only use it once he has his merged form under control.(Looks like this.)

In addition to this, he will have to retrieve his ball after shooting it. (Duh, common sense.)

Approved! So long as he doesn't roflstomp everything in his Merged form :3

fixed that for you smile.gif I kept the combustor cause thats a pretty basic one.

Also, i remembered a game mehanic from R&C that I would like to include. As Ratchet uses weapons, they lvl up. They start at V1 but when they get to V10 they become different weapons. For example Mr. Zurkon at V10 becomes Zurkon Jr. (Basically he gets 4 mini Zurkon's)

If thats too much it doesn't have to be used.

My only issue is implementation. How to keep track of these levels, more like. As I honestly have no idea for how long this RP will go on, it's hard for me to think of a way to do it in even increments. If you have an idea on how best to do so, please throw it at me!

Approved! So long as he doesn't roflstomp everything in his Merged form :3

He also doesn't want to let his merged form take over, he tries to surpress it as much as he can. And once in his merged form, he loses all sense for teamplay, making him an easy prey. And he only has one attack, after which he has to go and get back his ball... Land of Ice isn't guaranteed to work btw, since Gran has been able to break it.

And to clarify what I mean with "when he has his merged form under control", well, he will finally let go of his beliefs that now that his brother is gone he has to play for both of them (when they were young their father told them that together they were unbeatable) and thus will not turn to his merged form anymore.

His skill set when that happens:

Cyclone

Land of Ice

Eternal Blizzard

Legendary Wolf

Of course that will be pretty late into the rp, like, pretty much at the end, since at that point teamplay would become necessary....

Oh, and he's also very good at snowboarding, and quite a fast runner. He's "one with the wind". Whatever that means.

Link to Old IC: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175732

Link to Old OOC: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=175733

Again, if you're set on Corrin, then make sure to tell me now. It was only by fluke that they didn't end up beheaded in the old thread xd.png

Also, Silver, since the Avatars are custom charas, I'm allowing you to have them in whatever custom appearance/skillset you want (within game canon). You can use the online Corrin/Kamuk generator for a face pic if you'd like. Imma add mine here in a few minutes.

I wouldn't be concerned about ooc-ing them, since imo, Corrin/Kamui (and Robin) don't have any real personalities outside of "lolhoshidDO what nohr dont" or "nohr do what hoshiDONT", so I figure they're impossible to ooc xd.png (Proof: read Alex's dialogue in old IC.) You can also name them, as I did with F!Robin. Not saying you'd have to use it as an absolute, but I think my profiles for Alex, Ike and Soren are good guidelines for how to describe their skills/weapons (6 slots for weapons and items, 5 slots for skills. I figured I'd use this layout as it's truest to Fates's, and having the 5 weapon slots and 5 item slots from Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn would be slightly overkill.)

I hope it's forgiven if I don't read every single post, but I think I get the gist of it now. Sort of. Kinda. At least I understand up until the beheading? Who am I kidding, I'm just going to jump into this and figure it out as I go along.

In that case, I guess I'll go for Female Corrin. I think I'll stick with Revelation!Corrin since that seems to be "more canon" when there's only one Corrin, but I haven't actually played Revelation yet. Still, the general idea of Revelation isn't too hard to understand and I've read and seen enough that I might as well have played it. Probably going to put a sheet up soon since I have time to work on it right now.

I can tl;dr it for the sake of all the new folks:

So, once upon a time, there was an Eevee and its two sibling evolutions Espeon and Umbreon. Ascension (the Eevee) was good to people and could manage their needs using its ability to evolve into its elemental Eeveelutions at will.

However...Eos (the Espeon) and Nix (the Umbreon) were not so beloved. They were too powerful, and people suffered under Eos's scornful days and Nix's frigid nights fettered with momsters. So, omene day, Eos struck down Ascension and Nix killed Eos in retaliation. Now, thousands of years later, Nix has risen from dormancy and is causing havoc, and Eos and Ascension have risen from the dead.

Eos seeks to reform for the sake of Ascension, but neither her nor Nix are in their right minds. It's up to Ascension to gather the strongest folks from (originally) the Smashverse to combat them, settling the dispute before the dawn of the winter solstice.

-------

In the present times, there's a tournament going on in the Smashverse. The Smash Mansion (or the Smansion, if you will) is where the festivities are going on. Most of the roster charas are up there duking it out (with the exception of Alex, who was in Castle Siege hanging out.) All of a sudden, a Sylveon appears to announce the prophecy of Nix/Eos/Ascension, quickly after which Nix appears and destroys the apparition. He then gathers the royals and cuts off all their heads.

Just before this point, a few charas outside the Smashverse are having...interesting stuff happen to them. Valerie is running in her own world and poofs into the Mansion; Soren steps through his office door and crashes into the rubble. They only have a second to hear what's happening before the whole "off with their heads", but regardless of their efforts, Nix escapes to troll another day.

Soren says that the bodies should be burned to prevent Nix's goons from tracking them. Night is falling, and there's trouble brewing again for the heroes.

Before they can recupe, 5 shadow panther things sneak into the mansion and ruin everything. Now, the kicker with these beasts is thay their claws negate magic abilities for about 24 hours. Ganondorf gets chewed, Ascension is hit, and Soren gets carried off into the forest and VERY NEARLY DIES. It's only the good fortune that his bestie Ike gets poofed into the nearby creek, smells the fire he used and finds him lying unconscious. But he patched Soren up pretty good, so yes.

Alex, Val and Ganners clean up the rest of the panthers. Val had used her companions to set up Trick Room to prevent more panthers from entering/escaping. It did shatter, but it was a godsend.

Now, the heroes have taken the night to rest and heal. When they wake, they're greeted by an orange sky...maybe Eos is up to no good?

And that's TEGS in a nutshell.

So where do the new character come in?

That's alright. Ratchet can stick with the guns he has. I realized that mechanic wouldn't work in written format shortly after I post it

So where do the new character come in?

That's alright. Ratchet can stick with the guns he has. I realized that mechanic wouldn't work in written format shortly after I post it

I highly suggest giving some of TEGS a read. If the post above seems straightforward enough, I'd like to pick up somewhere's around where it left off. The only thing of note right now is that, upon awakening on the second day in-RP-time, all the current cast charas take notice of an unusually orange sky...at about 10am. Alex asked Ascension for clarification on what the heck was happening (hint: it's Eos), but is caught off guard by Corrin (whatever she may be named, if Silver calls her something else but Corrin), and isn't terribly happy about it.

She...may not have a good running history with the Corrins she's met (because her game has a multidimensional portal through which just about any Fire Emblem chara could possibly pass through, and as such, she's met multiple versions of "Robins" and "Corrins" over the years. She may refer to them as being from "the Outrealms".)

Oh, two things I want to clarify:

Any of the other charas that were active, but aren't listed in the Taken Roster section are open. HOWEVER, Ganondorf and Marth will likely be killed or captured if they aren't claimed soon. Either way, all inactive charas will be captured or killed, leaving Soren, Zoey and Valerie (and Kali/Blossom, all 'Mons), Alex and Ike as the only remaining "original" cast. There was a planned mod kill for Kumatora, and I intend to enact it. The reason being for this is that I simply can't control them all.

New charas will experience a "warp" of sorts to the Smeshverse. Like with Soren innocuously stepping out of his office and dropping through mid-air to the mansion, so should something like this happen to new OC/out-of-universe charas coming into the RP.

If you ever have a Roster Chara, this doesn't necessarily apply. Say Silver wanted her Corrin at home shooting the censorkip.gif with Takumi or something, her intro could include that, and have her be doing something when BAM!, she's lying in the middle of a field overlooked by a big burnt up mansion. OR, conversely, she could have been at the tournament while everything was going on, and somehow got flung down into the field and was unable to fight the panthers.

i.e:

OC or Franchise chara: Didn't have to be there.

Roster chara: Didn't have to be there.

Out of universe OC or Franchise chara: Must be warped/poofed/dropped into Smashverse.

Edited by Sugar-Free

I have a few questions about how Fire Emblem mechanics are going to work. How often do activation skills/crits activate, and when they do how will it be conveyed? When will after-battle and turn based skills/effects activate? And if I go with Nohrian Trust, how will it work?

Aside from that, I'm just trying to figure out how classes are going to work. I really want tomes but I don't know if Corrin should just be Nohr Princess since that's the official smash portrayal? Curse the lack of a Valla Noble, Robin has it easy with their "default" promotion.

I have a few questions about how Fire Emblem mechanics are going to work. How often do activation skills/crits activate, and when they do how will it be conveyed? When will after-battle and turn based skills/effects activate? And if I go with Nohrian Trust, how will it work?

Aside from that, I'm just trying to figure out how classes are going to work. I really want tomes but I don't know if Corrin should just be Nohr Princess since that's the official smash portrayal? Curse the lack of a Valla Noble, Robin has it easy with their "default" promotion.

Oooh, good question! Especially using Nohrian Trust as an example...lemme see if I can parse it out.

First, about a skill like the above: currently, there are only two people that Corrin could benefit from having this skill with, and that would be Ike (Aether) and Alex (Ignis). I'll also allow for it to be compatible with Soren's Flare, seeing as it's his class's [Wind Archsage] signature skill. Though it might be something of a limitation, I would suggest this ability being only compatible with Fire Emblem charas. For the sake of the RP, I would only allow the activation of this skill (and thus "borrowing" one of the mentioned skills above) once per battle. Basically, it'd be proc'd and Corrin could use Flare, Ignis or Aether depending on which of the charas she's paired with.

As for other skills, I just took what I knew about trying to balance a chara and applied it when altering skills to fit an RP situation. For example, Ignis procs based on Skill I think? But there's no way to calculate that in an RP! What I decided is that it's a once-per-battle situation, and you can choose whenever you want to use it. I have it listed as doubling the stat of whichever weapon she's wielding (tome or sword), and as someone who's a player and a Game Master, I get that it functions as a killing blow or a severely damaging attack.

Same for Flare. It doesn't blind in-game; it negates Resistance and acts as basically a critical. But, I figured it would be more useful for it to have that effect whilst having its power nerfed, and listed it as a once-per-battle skill.

Galeforce is also a "tell the GM you're doing it" situation that's once a battle. Move, hit, then move and strike again.

As for crits? Uh...well, I gave both Soren and Alex Solidarity, but honestly? I never got to a point where the crit buff could be aptly applied. How I'd put it is a 3-per-battle allotment, and they aren't nearly as potent as a Skill activation, but are just that umph you need to shave a limb off or something. We may have to do some testing and nerf/buff as needed.

Basically, get together your skills and work them to be reasonable, even if they aren't entirely canon. If you'd like, you can post them and I'll give some suggestions :3

Edited by Sugar-Free