Sugar-Free

The Eternally Guilty Sun: Revival

"No! It was a mistake! You couldn't help it. I'm fine, just a little...pained..."

Upon seeing Alex's pained smile, she had to resist the urge to apologize again. She didn't have any healing items with her, or she'd surely have offered them to Alex. Not even a staff - though her healing wasn't the best, so Alex might actually be better off not being subjected to her magic. Heh... maybe I should have asked one of the healers to teach me more about staves. It would have been really useful now. A slight tint of regret permeated throughout her thoughts, bringing with it a misplaced sense of loss, but she quickly shook it off. Don't dwell on it. The past's in the past, can't change it now.

"'Sides, that doesn't matter right now! The water wench is gonna wrap Soren up in that stupid poser-magic band, and I just can't stand for that! Sorry Aine, but either you're with me or you ain't on this."

Alex's stubbornness surprised her, as she chose to go after the Corrin anyway despite having fallen over. To be fair, it had been her fault that Alex had tripped, but was Alex really going to try and fight Corrin while injured? Instinctively, she tried to look for a battle forecast to predict the outcome, but she caught herself in time. It was doubtful Alex and Corrin both obeyed the static stats and attacks of a game, though it certainly would have been helpful if she had a scanner of sorts to read their abilities. Unfortunately, even if she had a scanner, Alex's words put her in somewhat of a pickle. Should she defend the (probably) innocent, or stand by Alex?

Thankfully, Ike intervened on her behalf and stopped Alex before she could reach the Corrin. After some scolding, Alex retreated with a pout, leaving Ike to tower over her intimidatingly. She was pretty sure that wasn't his intent, but with his huge sword and her short height, it was kinda hard not to be intimidated. He gave a cursory glance over her, making her stand up a little straighter in self-consciousness, before directing her towards the door.

"Go with her. We don't know each other, but that doesn't mean I'm about to let you get killed."

She nodded once before hurrying after Alex, nearly crashing into a blond-haired warrior as she whirled around. Huh? Is that Link? Thankfully, she'd regained her balance by the time he extended a hand to her, grasping it firmly in her own. She was about to ask him about his role in the situation before she recalled the eloquent grunts of the Links she'd seen in games. Uh... maybe she should stick to simpler yes-or-no questions. Releasing his hand, she stepped back and made to introduce herself. After all, she still had to follow manners, even if she wasn't sure Link spoke the same language as her.

"Hi, I'm Aine, and I'm a summoner from the realm of Askr. You're Link, right? Don't ask me how I know that, the explanation probably won't make much sense."

She figured she'd save him the trouble of introducing himself to her, seeing as she was still unsure about Link's speech abilities. Grunting probably wasn't an effective method of communication, and she wasn't sure she could read Hylian writing. Hopefully, he wouldn't think she was too crazy for knowing his name already. Maybe he'd just assume Ike told her. That would be good. Too good to be true, even. At least I won't have to explain internet to him.

Alex. Was miffed.

Anuses. Dirty. Anuses.

What a world! What a world composed for the profit and comfort of the tall and strong! Alex pressed her lips together in a tight line, folding in on themselves to form c's. Did he think just 'cause he was bigger than her that she could be so easily pushed around? She'd fought a hundred wars for crying out loud! Could he say he'd fought a hundred wars? Probably not! There weren't a whole lot of people who could claim that! But he had the muscles and the scowl and the big swingy thing, so here she went--sulking away...her! A seasoned veteran sulking away from an especially tall boy.

Man. What am I even doing?

Not that Ike was her enemy or something. He was intimidating and a bit of a pushy-poo, but not worth being direct with. Even if she buzzed with all the desire to turn around and give him a piece of her mind, she didn't. Alex could take care of herself. But Ike was looking out for her, not denying her skill, she knew that. And maybe...just maybe...attacking the Corrin

miiiiight....maybe....sorta...possibly kinda might've been a bad idea.

Maybe.

She did look back long enough to find where Aine went.

"Oh, heeeeey!"

She'd met Lonk! Cool! She scuttled up behind him and peered beside his shoulder. Alex placed her hands on his side and drummed her fingers over him. Link wasn't going to be able to answer her question, anyway.

"Don't worry, Lonkaroonie. Aine doesn't bite thatIknowof. You can trust her~" She gave a decent kitty-face to assure him.

Edited by Sugar-Free

~~~leon~~~

The smell of blood hung in the air, thick like the coat that covered Leon's face. Blow after blow rained down on him from a merciless angry ball of a man. Well what he thought was man, now he was nothing more than a animal. One that was currently trying to kill him by beating him to death.

"SHUT" a punch to landed on his lip, busting a tear from the side of his chin to the top of his bottom lip.

”UP” another swing hit his arm throwing it out of the way. Pain shot up from the place that was hit, setting into his shoulder.

Swinging with his free hand he nailed him in the face again, horror and disbelief shone in him when dylas shook it off like nothing. Had he even felt it.

”SHUT” Leon brought a hand to his face, his arm in the way to block the blow which still hit home. A gash opened up over his eyebrow, blood trickling down and clouding his vision.

”UP” another hard blow caught the edge of his ear, continuing on taking his earring with it .

AAAHHHHHHH pain ripped through him as dylas didn't let up his assault.

”SHUT” a whimper escaped Leon as his head was flung to the side, the blow splitting his gums. His mouth was filled with the metallic red fluid, just as his face was covered in it.

He had to find a way to stop him. Lightweaver had abandoned him and Ascension was too​ far away. And Dylas showed no sign of letting up, with each swing getting stronger and fasted.

He would really kill him.

Leon's hand brushed something cold, cool and rough but large enough that it fit into his hand. Digging at it frantically with his hands he stared at Dylas as he raised his fist again.

”UUUUUUUP!!!!”

crack

Leon's nose crumpled under the force of Dylas’s fist, blood bursting forth and covering his fist as he drew away. A florist of his arms out wide, crackling lightning dancing along his hands.

”Please Dylas, stop.” his voice cracked and sputtered as he worked it through the pain and blood. Some of it landing on Dylas as Leon begged under him.

He felt defeated and torn, used and abused.

He was broken..

"I'LL BURY YOU!!!!"

What had he done, what did he do to deserve this. Dylas had gotten Freya, a warm home and plenty of friends. Was Leon the last thing to take care of before he had a happy life, would it appease him if he just laid here and waited for his death.

Maybe that was best.

….

Ventuswill didn't need him, Freya didn't need him…

No one did…

. . .

"NO!"

Turning to the voice, the ray of light in the dark, he seen a haze of brown though the liquid running down his face, staining the ground crimson.

Ascension?

He was coming, coming to save him? Why, he didn't need him, did he? They had just met, Leon was a stranger. No one to warrant feelings, of any kind, for.

But it was enough.

Enough to live for…

Someone cared, cared enough to have panic when another was being hurt. When he was being hurt, inside and out. By Dylas and life.

pop

The dirt holding the rock gave way as it broke free, momentum carrying it up into the side of Dylas's face. Leon flowed with his movements following the rock up, looking down at the face now under him. A small trickle of blood dribbled down from Dylas's temple, a red river into his hair staining the lighter blue. He was now stilled, laying peacefully under him.

Moving over some he laid down into the grass, the cool touch a blessing on his flaming skin. A eye slide to the boy next to him, grateful he was out cold now. A shadow passed overhead blocking out the light from the sun. Lightweaver passed overhead.

“Hey Lightweaver, tell me something. Did you spot him, you know, my attacker. The one who just beat my face in.” Sitting up Leon spit out a wad of blood, wiping what he could off gingerly with his shirt.

“Because you know, haha, I coulD HAVE USED HELP. I mean you have to be good for something”. Laying back again he wondered to the sky, the light warming his sore muscles but burning his face.

~~~link~~~

"Hi, I'm Aine, and I'm a summoner from the realm of Askr. You're Link, right? Don't ask me how I know that, the explanation probably won't make much sense."

Link gave her hand a firm squeeze in greeting, looking between her and Alex. It was nice that she knew who he was already, it saved him from having to try and tell her.

If he had to guess, Alex must have told her at some point. Some point, how long has she been here anyway?

Gesturing to the area in general before the main door that they came in, he waved determination that he could get his questions across.

"Oh, heeeeey!"

Fingers touched his side, drumming his skin through his shirt. A shudder ran through him as he swiped at the offending hands, throwing a aggravated look over his shoulder at the smiling girl behind him.

"Don't worry, Lonkaroonie. Aine doesn't bite thatIknowof. You can trust her~"

”umhm”

Shaking his head he stepped to the side so he could look at them both. One to talk -well attempt to, to Aine, the other to keep Alex and her fingers in sight. He was never one to like being touched. By anyone.

On rare occasions he would let Zelda hug him or get led around to somewhere, but other than that he kept his distance from people. Well people like her, Aine he didn't know. Even so, there was a lot of touching recently.

First Ike to get him out of the river, then Ike throwing him, and now Alex on his side. What is with this people?

Edited by Acornia

Lightweaver wasn't that concerned at first, continuing to hover in the energy-infused sky. If it was being handled, it was beneath her notice. The equine had been asking for--

But then beneath her, the horse suddenly gained the upper claw. Blood went spraying, and she descended to attack the horse '- Ascension came runing, crying out - a rock smashed into the side of the aggressive Beastclan's head. He went limp.

Lightweaver flew over the fox as she came in for a landing, noting the blood. Leon spotted her, and spoke.

“Hey Lightweaver, tell me something. Did you spot him, you know, my attacker. The one who just beat my face in. Because you know, haha, I coulD HAVE USED HELP. I mean you have to be good for something.”

Lightweaver didn't respond aloud, choosing instead to touch down. When she landed, she eyed Leon, taking care to avoid challenging him by making eye contact.

Hmph. It's not worth my time to start a fight with someone injured, or to rise to the bait.

A voice within implored her to fight, called to her primordial, wrathful urges. She snarled and refused to acknowledge it.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"...I get it now."

Through a silent exchange she couldn't fully decipher, Ike had gained all the information he needed. His level communication with Soren was incredible, but given how long they had traveled together, it wasn't unusual. In a way, it reminded her of Azura... but now wasn't the time to reminiscence. After all, there was still a bound-up insect dragon to deal with.

"Both of you two have been through a lot these last few days, and you both have pretty strong personalities. I don't have to be told exactly what to know that you probably said a lot of things you both did and didn't mean. Regardless, I won't tolerate the fighting anymore. We're a team, like it or not, so save the aggression for the real enemy."

Ike took a few steps towards Stormcatcher, addressing both him and Soren sternly, but not harshly.

"Soren, get washed up and tend to any injured. And keep your distance from Stormcatcher."

"Yes, sir, with haste. If you'll excuse me..."

Soren responded to the order immediately, clutching his Mend staff and striding purposefully towards her. Seeing as the conflict had been resolved by Ike's presence, she felt it unnecessary to keep Stormcatcher bound up, and quickly dissolved the ribbons of water binding him. A moment passed as she made sure Stormcatcher wasn't about to make any quick moves, and seeing as there were none, she felt confident enough to turn her attention to Soren.

"Would you like me to produce some water for you? I heard Ike ask you to wash and tend the injured, and it could be useful."

Edited by Silverphoenixx

When the water magic let go, Stormcatcher hissed. He eyed the water user, growling, until he caught sight of that creature.

That thing. No one talked about his fears and laid them bare to everyone. No one called him a beast, a common lizard!

Hissing, he made for the creature. It clicked and scuttled back as he snarled snd lowered his head to its level. The grey dragon msde to speak, readying electricity and ignoring its fluttering feathers and overly wide eye, when ---

Whhrrrrrr- beep - beep - bwouf! A pulse of harmless plasma went off in his face, and he recoiled in suprise, before catching sight of an apparatus. A glowing spparatus, that smelled of electricity.

The creature reacted. <"What the censorkip.gif?!">

Stormcatcher connected the dots easily, glowering at the creature. That insolent, ignorant, stupid little thing...

"Why you little...." He crackled with electricity, and it bolted. He gave chasse.

Before stopping short, his claws screeching on the tiled ground. He hissed as he realized where the yellow and metallic creature was going. Towards that Water mage. And he had also noticed something else - Ike approaching. Stormcatcher hissed again, pupilless cyan eyes going to Ike's sword.

---

Xker looked around, now that things had been settled. Mostly. The Volt wasn't sure it was fully settled, given what the lizard acted like.

Speaking of the lizard in question, there were claws clicking and stomping on the ground. Getting louder. Xker clicked and turned hastily, catching sight of Stormcatcher. The expression on its face did not indicate anything remotely good headed for aer. Rather the opposite as it lowered its grey and turquoise head. The Volt stepped back as it kept coming, the air beginning to smell of ozone.

In a split-second, instinctual reaction as the thing opened its mouth, Xker fired aer Plasma Pulser. A blast of energy -

- but! The lizard was unaffected?! What? What, in the wrath of the Grox?!

<"What the censorkip.gif?!"> Xker vocalized aer confusion with a curse, before it spoke.

"Why you little..." Anger radiated from the lizard, amd it crackled. But as soon as the ozone became more pungent, Xker turned and ran. Towards the mammal named Cyil, in hopes it would deter Stormcatcher, what with its... fearful... reaction to the water.

I am not going to stand there and let myself get fried.

As soon as the screeching noises started, Xker glanced back, shifting aer head to get more of aer visual field behind aer. Stormcatcher had stopped chasing aer. Thank Ka'Kyrneirr.

With that, Xker turned, veering away and towards the area no one was standing in, deciding to stay well clear in case there were splashes of water from Cyil and her strange ability.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Stormcatcher, as soon as he was unbound, went back to his trademark hissing, looking over Cyil with what Ike could only describe as a poisonous glare. The water slithering free of him dissipated, and the dragon seemed to be eased at least marginally by it. However, Stormcatcher did not make a move toward them, and he foolishly thought that he'd finally reasoned with him for now. Yes, there was still his side of the story to gather--

And then he bolted.

Stormcatcher was headed toward Xker now?! The Volt, he recalled--at least he assumed that was what they were, but it could have easily have been a faction or elsewise--skittered away as the dragon lowered his head seemingly to give chase; Ike tossed his head in disbelief and snorted, immediately going to intercept before seeing an incredible blast of light engulf Stormcatcher's head. He nearly stopped in place.

What in--?!

But Stormcatcher was no worse for wear. Now, Xker made for Cyil, and given how acidic Stormcatcher was toward her, he knew he had to stop him from trailing them. As he made his way over, the dragon suddenly stopped, his eyes shooting to Ike and trailing over him with intensity. He heard another hiss, but Stormcatcher finally ceased. He kept his expression toward him severe as he deserved, but inside, he couldn't be more relieved.

I'm sure I could take him on...but I don't want to find out that I can't. And truth be told, he really didn't want to. He felt an itch at his scalp that was less of an itch and more of a pang--he rubbed it away and continued forward.

Nearby, Soren had dressed down to wash himself, water provided courtesy of Cyil. He would leave the two alone for now. Instead, he wanted to get to know the newcomer. They'd had an awful entrance into this mess, and he wanted to make up for it, make them feel welcome.

As welcome as you can feel here.

Ike walked close enough to see them clearly, but not enough to intimidate, hopefully. He thought about kneeling, but would they take offense to that? Standing would have to do for now; he'd get a better read on their mindset by talking to them anyway.

"Rough time so far, huh? I hope you're okay; you're not hurt or anything, are you?"

=============

Ascension scooted to a halt as Leon twisted in the blue-man's grasp, bashing a loosened stone against his temple and watching him crumble with no effort. Lightweaver was quick to land as soon as she sensed the threat had passed, and Leon had stood back up to face her, his voice laced with contempt at her. Had it been wrong of her to fly off like that when her teammate was being brutally beaten? No, but it also hadn't been her fight, arguably...but it hadn't been his either, and to have left him to nearly die? Ascension could understand his frustration at her! Lightweaver only responded with cold indifference, and her body language read clearly as "superior".

It was time for him to step in.

"I don't disagree with Leon. He was attacked and nearly killed by this mysterious man...?" Or was he mysterious? He seemed to approach Leon with a ferocity that could only be emboldened by a deeper intimacy than was lent to strangers.

"Perhaps I'm mistaken though. Did you know that man, by any chance?"

Edited by Sugar-Free

Footsteps. Xker's hackles prickled, unable to stand up from the matting of Volt fur, as Xker spun to face whatever had snuck up on aer... oh. It was that blue-furred mammal. And not the lizard. The Volt relaxed a bit, but didn't let aer guard completely down.

"Rough time so far, huh? I hope you're okay; you're not hurt or anything, are you?"

Xker was silent for a bit. Looking around. The lizard fidn't seem to be coming this way. Nor did anyone else.

<"I'm not wounded."> Xker paused, narrowing aer eye and glancing in the direction of the lizard. <"Though just how was that thing not affected by my weapon...?"> The Volt was unnerved by this, seeing as there was no logical reason that aer knew of for something to be completely able to shrug off a blast from a Plasma Pulser like it was just a flash. Especially not one to the face...

---

Lightweaver turned to see Ascension. How cute. Seems he thinks this was her fight. It wasn't... since Leon had decided to step in and been attacked. She could well have made the fool pay, but she wasn't going to step in on what wasn't her fight to intervene in.

"Perhaps I'm mistaken though. Did you know that man, by any chance?"

The golden dragon sorely wanted to show her teeth.

"No. All I know is that he's overly aggressive and seems to like slinging insults at others. Leon seemed to know him, though..."

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Leon shook his head at the snarl that tore from Lightweaver, who wouldn't meet his eyes. Was she trying to make him mad by ignoring him, if so it was somewhat working. And the air of indifference and superiority, it made his blood sheath with rage.

”Don't you growl at me! I could have used your help.” giving Lightweaver a disgusted look he heard Ascension before he saw him. A smile broke out, stretching the skin and opening wounds for blood to seep out again. ” Thanks Ascension.” If he was ever around Ascension by himself he would have to make a point to tell him thanks and what for, now though was not the time.

"I don't disagree with Leon. He was attacked and nearly killed by this mysterious man...? Perhaps I'm mistaken though. Did you know that man, by any chance?" Leon could have laughed, he know him all too well, they both knew each other well. Dylas and Leon, before Freya was in the picture were naturally competitive, if was friendly and very rarely ever physical.

"No. All I know is that he's overly aggressive and seems to like slinging insults at others. Leon seemed to know him, though..." at that he did chuckle, Lightweaver was very perceptive.

”Unfortunately I do, his name is Dylas. He was…..An old acquaintance. Although this is the first time I have ever seen him be….

so painfully aggressive.”

Cleaning more blood from his face he turned to Dylas's prone form on the ground. He may not have liked him, and he definitely didn't agree with random acts of violence. But he wasn't rude enough or heartless enough to leave him bleeding out.

”As much as I don't like him right now, I do not wish to leave him” sighing he turned to Lightweaver, a lighter and friendlier tone. ”I do not wish to carry him and even if I did, I couldn't carry him far. Because you are the largest, it would be easiest for you to carry him.” holding a arm out he smiled again at Lightweaver,”would you be kind enough to carry him, at least to the next town.” leaving him here, well it could spell death it something else came by.

The blast Xker mentioned did seem oddly ineffective. In his limited knowledge of what that could mean, however, he did find something of an answer for them. Given, it was a stretch, and he'd thought maybe they would know this, but maybe not? Guess it's best not to assume. I should offer any information I can.

"Well...maybe it's magic?" He didn't have to turn to feel the static in the air. "Stormcatcher is a dragon, and he's practically bursting with Thunder magic. Maybe the two cancelled each other out?"

Speaking of, he still had Soren's tomes in the satchel. It occurred to him that that might be why that, besides a wounded ego, Stormcatcher was no worse for wear. He was suddenly very relieved that he wasn't here trying to gather body parts to put the dragon back together with.

============

Ascension sighed. Leon was badly bloodied again already, but alas, there was not much he could do besides offer that he find some way to wash himself. His transformation would not cycle for another day, and until then, they were likely out of help from any healing source. As for the man on the ground, a "Dylas" by Leon's admission, he was as badly battered, but there was little he could do for him either. He pawed over to him and gathered his vitals, noting that he was merely unconscious. Though, if things had progressed any longer...

"...we need to get moving, preferably to a water source. Lightweaver, do you agree to have Dylas here strapped onto your back? And, if at all possible, could I ask you to help us seek out water?"

Though, the whereabouts of the other team niggled at the back of his mind. Where were they? And had they met a similar altercation on the level of Eos? If so...was there any hope they would return?

Xker smelled ozone as Ike spoke, before picking up a low snarl not long afterwards. The Volt could almost feel an angry glare directed at aer, and it made aer tense up.

<"A... dragon?"> The term was a new one for Xker. The next statement made Xker's eye flash. <"Magic? It's not..."> Xker trailed off, wondering how. Why. The strange water power. And now this dragon shrugging off a blast in the face. Magic isn't real though...

Is it?

---

Lightweaver narrowed her eyes, looking down at the Beastclan.

"...if you require."

Such a creature. I'm not sure why Leon tolerates this beast after he tried to kill him.

She crouched, extending her neck to pick Dylas up by the scruff of his neck. Her teeth found a hold - but when she tried to lift him up, she felt skin tear and tasted blood's iron tang.

Hmm. "Seems Beastclan have thinner skin than I anticipated..."

And to think these creatures cause so much chaos.

The golden dragon lowered her head again, this time biting into the collar of his shirt and lifting him up.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"...we need to get moving, preferably to a water source. Lightweaver, do you agree to have Dylas here strapped onto your back? And, if at all possible, could I ask you to help us seek out water?" sighing he looked around, practically done with Dylas. Once he was secured on Lightweaver he wouldn't have to deal with him let alone look at him until dylas woke up. At that point he felt that it would be hard to not notice him if his behavior moments ago was anything to go by.

But would Lightweaver agree to carry him. She didn't seem to like him, holding about the same disdain for him that Leon did. But if she didn't carry him Leon would have to.

"...if you require." suprised he glanced back at her as she bent down to grab Dylas.

Opening her mouth she found a hold but her teeth tore at the skin. Small amounts of blood oozed down his neck.

“I hope I'm not around when he wake up.” muttering under his breath he stalked closer, intent on helping. The sooner that they got dylas on her back the faster they could leave. And leon agreed with Ascension, water sounded like a good idea right now. He still had the bloody turdin that he had used to stop the bleed on Lightweaver from earlier. It needed to be washed or at least rinsed so he could wear it again.

"Seems Beastclan have thinner skin than I anticipated..." a flat unimpressed look passed over his face. Lightweaver didn't look at all worried or concerned, let alone sorry for the bite marks she had left. Who ever has the unfortunate luck to explain that to dylas he felt bad for.

Lightweaver had moved from his neck to his shirt as a means of picking him up. This method worked a little better. With a little work, leon was able to help her maneouve Dylas on to her back. Looking their handy work over, it looked good except when she moved.

” I'll hold him in place.” Leon nodded his head to Lightweaver in appreciation. Now that the adrenaline had worn off his temper was dieing down also. ” Thank you” he wouldn't apologize for snapping because he did feel that she was in the wrong, but he would give thanks for the help because she didn't have to.

Placing a hand on Dylas's leg Leon glanced back to Ascension. With Lightweaver carrying dylas and leon holding him in place there was no way she was going to fly to find water. Looking her up and down he descided he didn't want to chance riding her either. Even if he did that would put him to close to Dylas. He was holding him in place because he had to in order to move. It didn't mean he wanted to be packed up on a dragon with Dylas pressing into his stomach.

” So how are we going to search for water? Lightweaver cannot fly with Dylas on her back, and it would be rude to ask for more, when she's already carrying him.”

Edited by Acornia

Cyil's decision to unbind Stormcatcher left him a bit anxious, considering how carelessly the dragon had striven to strike him down. All along his spine was sensitive, expecting a blow at any moment, prepared to dive and turn and sever his arm from its rancid socket at a moment's notice. It took more than a few calming breaths to keep himself settled--he reassured himself that the others were nearby, and that they were just as opposed to Stormcatcher's abrasiveness that they would certainly step forward to stop him should he chance a blow again, but he put no trust in the dragon's disposition at all. Ike had told him to stop and that should have been the end of it, but would he listen?

Likely not. You think you're better than us and that decency doesn't apply to you. Coupled with the unpleasant feeling coming back as he replayed the situation in his head again, his expression and mood were quickly souring. Stormcatcher leveling his head at him, trying to impale him, then Cyil--

"...urgh." He shook his head and focused on her, not bothering to hide the intense disapproval on his face as she spoke.

"Would you like me to produce some water for you? I heard Ike ask you to wash and tend the injured, and it could be useful."

He lifted his head abruptly when he found himself staring through her. Where was his mind at?

"Yes, yes," he rubbed a hand down his face, "I was just about to ask you before being interrupted." He placed his shawl on the floor and lay his staves and canteen upon it. His hands came up to tug at the dip under his collarbone, finding the ties there and pulling them undone. He then went about meticulously, but swiftly tugging the lacing from bottom to top, loosening the garment enough that he could slip his arms out of their sleeves and lift it off of him. With it neatly folded and set next to the other small pile, he started unwinding the makeshift bandages, starting at his shoulder and working downward until he was left bare, patches of brownish red stark against his skin.

"I need enough to rinse myself with and fill a waterskin." As he waited, his mind began to drift back to the confrontation. Soren's eyelids slowly dropped, and he fell back into contrition as the image was pasted over his vision…

And worse yet, the feeling that followed that he now properly identified as ...“concern”...

It made him sick.

Cyil raised a hand as Soren accepted her offer, summoning the amounts he required in separate spheres and looking the other way to give him privacy. There had been disapproval on Soren’s face when he’d first glanced up, but the exact reasons for it were unclear to her. Perhaps he’d simply been thinking on a matter when she’d spoken, or, thinking back, he hadn’t been all too pleased with her blocking the attack meant for him. Could that be the source of his current displeasure? Nevertheless, she wasn’t going to confront him about it, so she kept her gaze on Stormcatcher as Soren went about his business. She might as well keep an eye on the prickly dragon as she waited for Soren to finish up.

Soren stopped biting at a bit of skin on the inside of his lip and enveloped his hands within the water. Cyil was quick to turn from him as she had Link, and while he raised an eyebrow at her for it, he was quick to figure it wasn’t typical for her to be around people tending themselves. Hadn’t she said she was a commander? While he didn’t usually cleanse himself in front of others, it wasn’t unusual to see soldiers walking around the encampment walking half-clothed to the nearest healer or apothecary. And he hadn’t entirely abandoned his decently at the very least…

Bashfulness is pointless in your situation.

The water was surprisingly compliant. It didn’t insist in dribbling all over him, and it didn’t take too much of the spare, unfettered bandaging to wipe away the dried blood. Good; that was less to work out of his trousers later. He couldn’t even hope to consider when they would come upon society again, if such a thing existed here, and he wanted to spare his clothes as much as possible. It occurred to him that Cyil could remove the stains possibly, but he didn’t want to ask. If his clothes were battered enough to be bled upon, it would for certain be his blood, no other. And if he had to sacrifice his clothing to take a hit, so be it. Such things could be replaced.

Soren finished up and disposed of the bandages, gathering them in their own pile to be discarded in the flames. As he redressed, he chose his next words with care.

“I would like some clarification on our discussion regarding your ‘corruption’.”

Soren’s voice drew her attention again as he pointed out the corruption she’d mentioned earlier, something she’d been certain he’d do. She sighed, slightly wearily, then cleared her throat and resolved to give him a reply.

”And what would this ‘clarification’ entail?”

Though she knew Soren would not be the type to simply let the matter drop, she had held out a sliver of hope that he would fail to pursue the topic after a night’s sleep. Perhaps after a day, when she had more time to think over her response, or when she’d properly conveyed her intentions and wasn’t just barely more than an acquaintance. Then she could be more sure of his reaction, and how to best tailor her response to him.

It was foolish to mention it in the first place when I had no straightforward answer ready.

I shall be more careful next time.

Bringing up the aforementioned corruption seemed to weigh her voice as she answered, as though mere mention was enough to wrest the spirit she’d displayed only moments ago from her. He did not sympathise with her--the point still stood that she had willingly put his constitution at risk, and he was unwilling to let her do so again. But wasn’t that entirely why he stood now before her, if not for his own health but for another’s?

“You said that it could only take hold if one draws upon your magic, correct? It isn’t a matter of simple proximity?”

It appeared to be that way from her description, but he would be remiss to assume. Certainly, she could answer this much for him, regardless of how ignorant she claimed to be.

”Yes, close proximity alone will neither cause nor further any potential corruption.”

She could sense a slight feeling of disdain emanating from Soren, even if he made no confirmation of it in his speech. Clearly, the disgust from last night hadn’t fully diminished, though it certainly would have been too much to hope for it to have dissipated completely. Regardless, there was no changing the circumstances she was in now, so she might as well make the best of her current position as the interrogee.

Soren nodded, satisfied. Of course, there was no way to prove as much beyond a shadow of a doubt, but he would remain vigilant in the stead of proof.

But vigilance will only lend me so much. There was no way for him to properly divine the symptoms of her corruption on a physical level alone. Ever since this revelation, he’d pondered the method by which he could ascertain such details and whether he was willing to take that responsibility upon him, but he’d since reached his decision with confidence: he would stay near this woman. It would take a considerable amount of patience and dedication to do so in the name of research...or, perhaps not. To say Cyil was entirely insufferable was a gross overestimation, and he begrudgingly set aside that bias to face the reality: that there was still much to learn about her, and, if not for his own curiosity, he would dedicate himself to investigation to negate any chance of her betrayal or further obfuscation.

Even if I’ll lose my sanity doing so.

“Very well then.” Soren parted his hair over each shoulder and went to work rebinding it. His expression changed from slightly miffed to serious. It was time to utilise his advantage. “You sound confident in your answer; I’m sure you’re aware of the unique situation you’ve put yourself in, though?”

Oh? Was that a hint of a threat she heard? She hadn’t expected Soren to be so… devious. But if he thought he would be placing any real constraints upon her, he would be sorely mistaken. There were many options she could take from here, but as for now, she’d remain compliant to his wishes. Doing otherwise would complicate matters unnecessarily, and she didn’t want to disrupt things so soon after the incident with Stormcatcher.

”Of course.”

“Then I’m certain you’ll understand when I say that I intend to make full use of your situation as I see fit.” Soren bent and picked up his waterskin, and upon placing it at the remaining orb of water, it siphoned inside and filled until it brimmed over the top of the lip, forming a perfect unbroken bubble. He sipped the excess away and tipped it up, relishing the coolness as it passed over his tongue and down his throat. He’d barely noticed his thirst up until now--none so far than a passing mention forming an excuse--but it was so ravenous that he feared he’d drain the skin before Ike had a chance to sate his own. Soren forced himself to make do with only a few drinks before capping off the waterskin; as a mage, he rarely expended as much energy as his companions even as he moved around the battlefield, and it was important to conserve and ration when possible to supplement for Ike’s comparatively robust exertion.

He quickly returned to the task at hand, leveling his gaze directly at her.

“Don’t misunderstand: if you believe I take any sort of perverse delight in keeping you under my thumb, you’re wrong. Above all, it is my duty to manage and keep track of a myriad of variables for the sake of maintaining the status of the group at large.” He shrugged, but his expression did not change. The next words he spoke would likely incite some malice in Cyil, but it would not be the first time. He would make this very clear to her, regardless of her opinion of him.

“You are only another variable to me. I do not allow for oversight.”

And though he had been admittedly foolish and allowed Stormcatcher to throw him off-guard--only in reaction; he’d fully expected such vitriol from the moment he had spoken--he would not allow it again.

But that moment came back to him again, the sound of a clash of weapons in the space behind him...and then, a sword coming forth before, past him, one he’d thought was meant for him...

Soren’s eyes narrowed again.

So that was it? No thanks for saving his skin twice? Granted, he hadn’t asked for elaboration, but it was hardly a compensation for his current attitude. Under normal circumstances, she would have let the borderline rudeness in his words slide, but this time his lack of gratitude was irking her.

”So, this variable doesn’t get any thanks for ensuring your safety?”

Less than thanks, even. Instead of giving gratitude, you give threats. How pleasant. She resisted the urge to retort rudely, instead settling for a frown and a quirked eyebrow. It wasn’t his words that she took issue with, really, it was his attitude. Perhaps if he was inclined to not only ignore her efforts, but to be displeased with them, then she would let the next attack catch him unawares.

Yet, she did not truly wish him injured out of petty spite, and she knew that her body would act before her mind did. After all, he was a teammate now, and she would not let a teammate get injured on her watch. Stormcatcher had already proved the dangers of letting tempers run before logic, and she was not about to fall into the same trap. It would take a lot more before she truly disliked Soren anyway, and she supposed his current statements were byproducts of his colder countenance and reserved personality. It was impossible to fault him for acting efficiently, and at the very least he was honest.

Still, her diplomatic years had taught her the importance of preserving feelings, something Soren could stand to improve on. She was not a particularly easily offended individual, but if she had been, then Soren could easily have made himself an enemy today. Not that he hasn’t already made an enemy out of Stormcatcher, but that was only partially his fault. He was partially excusable in that situation, but less so in this one.

“...”

His tongue went to the back of his teeth again. This had been the most forward she’d been so far with him. She wasn’t wrong for saying it; he wasn’t quite petty enough to deny that, but the way she’d stated it wasn’t exactly kindly. No, it wasn’t the lack of “pleasantry” that galled him, actually…

“...I suppose I do owe you that. Thank you.” His gratitude came out as little more than a gruff acknowledgement. “If you hadn’t stepped in either time, my life would be forfeit…however...”

And now, to the meat of the thing.

“Without sounding ungrateful, you’re far too impulsive. Reckless.” He shook his head at her. This was what had been setting on his mind. Even on the floor below, she had moved without so much as a single thought, disregarding the reaction and mindset of the one she’d been so eager to save. Again, he was reminded how close he’d been to killing her for it.

“Worse yet, you lack any sort communication during these bouts. I’m surprised you’re no worse off for it yet. Or, perhaps you enjoy throwing yourself under the blade?” Yes, that sort of personality tended to run rampant amongst young idealistic soldiers, practically clambering over each other in their bid for heroism, but he didn’t want to believe that of her. Such an attitude was laudable in some aspects at its core, but wholly unrealistic and dangerous in practice. Though a practised healer, it gave him no joy to tend to wounds that could have been prevented had the suffering practiced self-preservation, or, more often, piece and suture back together the broken bodies of the fallen, making them more presentable to their families. Soren had grown numb to the innumerable pallid, empty faces he’d seen during service, but the concept still left a coldness inside that was impossible to shake. He was sure he would never grow accustomed to it.

Perhaps that chill had dampened the heat of the scorn he had shown, for he felt the buzz of anger behind his eyes grow still. He sighed, drained of the will to carry on his beration any longer, and his expression settled not into distaste, nor sadness or neutrality but somewhere between the three. Why did this matter so much to him?

“Though your recklessness is the reason I’m still standing, you cannot save everyone. There is nothing commendable about self-sacrifice.”

Black-red blossoming onto a lifeless canvas, spattered with mud and viscera as they lay trodden into a trough in the ground, their identity stolen under a thousand hoofbeats. The one who digs their hands under the unknown, raising them up out of the sullied earth and knowing them even when they are entirely unrecognizable. Feeling the anguish where Soren felt nothing.

“Nothing at all.”

Edited by Sugar-Free

Seeing how this scene, that involved pretty much everyone, including a rather curious-looking beast-like creature that had just appeared, which also seemed to be partially... mech(?) was sort of settling itself, and she didn't get the impression her intervention would improve the situation, she decided that she'd look out for any upcoming danger. What caught her attention, however, was not the appearance of an enemy. No, by far not, it was Link. He seemed to be quite uncomfortable in the presence of Alex and Aine.

What is with this people? she heard him think. It seems the impression she got from his body language was fairly accurate. Thus, she decided to move towards the three and try to help him out.

"Ah, blessings to you, Alex, Aine and Link. What are you discussing?"

Alright, we've got dragons, beasts and mechs already. Now we need a demon, elemental, pirate, murloc and totem and we've covered all 8 HS tribes

((If it feels off that Tyrande is greeting people by saying "blessings to you", well, it's among the most sensible greeting for her to use... it literally is her "greetings" emote!))

((Will post for Soccer Kid & the Tall But Not Humongous Women prolly tomorrow))

Stormcatcher watched Ike leave with Xker. His thumping heart slowed as adrenalin receded and faded, and pain began to creep across his body. The dark dragon snarled in pain, and heard something rather interesting.

He scoffed quietly. This thing doesn't know what a dragon is? Don't believe that.

And then, hearing the next words, he hissed. Now he made to step over - pain jolted up his leg, tore into the muscles, and he clenched his jaws - then sgain, and pain pulding through his body, and again till he was there.

A snarl curled on his lips. "I am a being of magic, creature."

--

Xker heard footsteps. Claws. The beast... the dragon. Stormcatcher.

And then a snarling voice. "I am a being of magic, creature."

Xker jumped the moment it spoke, and turned around, eye narrow, body tense. The Volt's feathers flickered as aer backed up slightly. How can it be... something of magic? He's solid. Perfectly solid and tangible. He's not ethereal or anything!

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Ascension gasped as the great Light dragon bit at the unconscious man's bare neck. She was going to finish what Leon had started at this pace! Thankfully, she noticed her folly before completely clamping down, and without so much as a fleeting expression of concern, made a comment at his delicacy.

"Please be more careful with them in the future," he plead. "Humans, or whatever this man is considered, are not accustomed to be carried in such a way." To his relief, Leon assisted Lightweaver with directing Dylas onto her back, and this time, she held him by the collar instead. With the man in place and with no clear direction, he focused on the question he posed to Lightweaver before. But now, the more he looked and took in the forms of the two, the more he realized how easily his weigh would disadvantage her.

”So how are we going to search for water?" Leon asked, voicing his concern, "Lightweaver cannot fly with Dylas on her back, and it would be rude to ask for more, when she's already carrying him.”

"I'm aware," the tiny fox paced back and forth and back again. This was a conundrum. And though the uncanny sun had returned to a more respectable brightness, time was wasting. They needed to keep moving, no matter how much his limbs begged otherwise.

"Hmm..."

Out into the distance, far far above the treeline, there rose a spire. Dark against the midmorning sky, it was just barely visible, and quite a long walk away, but reachable within a day if they started now. There was a chance they'd find water in that direction, as he vaguely recalled a river running through the area, and it was worth a shot. Perhaps the others may lie there, seeing as it was the approximate direction they'd taken off in.

"...We'll head east. Toward the tower in the distance. Perhaps we'll come across some life along the way."

Lightweaver filed away the information. So they call creatures like that "humans". Not a term I've heard. She nodded to the brown fox, before Leon came over to aid with getting Dylas on her back.

"Thank you." The golden dragoness directed this at Leon after Dylas had been more or less zecured in her back, befire tutning back to Ascension as he spoke again. Now the Eevee looked east, and she followed the direction of his gaze to a great spire visible above the trees.

"...We'll head east. Toward the tower in the distance. Perhaps we'll come across some life along the way."

She acknowledged him with a flick of her ear and turning to the east, towards the spire.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

There was a whistle in the air not unfamiliar as, not far from Ascension's group, chains began to form and a portal opened to another realm. Two entities fell from it, clutching each other tightly and refusing to release.

The wind blew for a moment before the female opened her eyes.

"....Ciel, much as I enjoy your touch, you're hugging quite tightly." she whispered playfully. "I do believe we're safe, my King."

"Uncertain." Ciel helped her to her feet, and then observed the area, looking around for a long while before coming to a conclusion.

"This is not Elrios." he stated firmly first, shaking his head. "I cannot hear the Abyss here."

"....That's alarming. Anything else to add?" Lu asked, hand upon her chin.

"Your dress has a slight wrinkle from the descent. I shall quickly mend it."

"LATER, Ciel." Lu sighed. "Anything else?"

"I sense entities from nearby. The presence of a crowd. A lot of magical energy. But I also regret to inform you, my Queen, that you have lost a lot of yours."

"And so have you." Lu replied, hand to her head as she began to ponder. "Not enough to return to that accursed pygmy form, thankfully."

"You were rather cute." Ciel said, almost forlornly.

"And I'm not cute now?"

"Cuter." He quickly amended, sincere.

"That's what I thought!" she said, spinning around him. Her black-blue eyes twinkled mischievously as she continued her dance.

"Plans?" Ciel asked, drawing out a small notebook from seemingly nowhere, yet somewhere very real.

"Hmm... first, food." Lu said, moving quickly around him. "Then, perhaps investigation of these newfound forces... Then...-"

"Oi!"

There was a long pause as Owain approached the pair, Severa walking behind him reluctantly. He seemed really excited. She wasn't.

Ciel immediately was in front of Lu, both of his gunblades drawn with their blades facing Owain. Lu was standing behind him, slightly surprised by the newcomers, but her hand was already beginning a spell.

"Speak your purpose." Ciel grimaced.

"Making friends?" Owain said, undaunted. "HELLO, good new people, and WELCOME to a universe that is not your own! Behold, great arenas! Majesti-"

"Do you know who we are?" Ciel narrowed his eyes.

"Not in the slightest!" Owain responded, confused. "Severa?"

"Never seen them before..." she said, exasperated. "And why do we have to play welcomer to every single newcomer? Let someone else do it."

"IT'S FUN!" Owain said.

"You are standing in the presence of royalty." Ciel stated firmly, lowering his swords slightly. "Queen Luciela, of the Demonic Planes."

"And this is King Ciel, my loyal guardian." Lu replied, throwing her hands over his shoulders. "Unafraid. Unstoppable. But such a good lover."

Owain paused a moment but Severa blinked.

"You two are together?" she asked. "I thought you two were siblings... because of the hair and eyes."

"An unfortunate but acceptable byproduct of my descent into demonic energy." Ciel replied, putting his guns away. "You two don't seem to hold hostile intentions... though that girl seems constantly aggressive. Reminds me of another girl from our world."

"You got her there." Owain nodded. But Severa punched him.

"I AM NOT ALWAYS AGGRESSIVE!" she yelled, huffing. She crossed her arms, putting her nose in the air.

"Now she reminds me of Lu when we first met." Ciel rubbed his chin. "How interesting. Do you two know of the group over there?"

"Yeah. It's led by a furry godthing." Severa said before Owain could speak. "And don't ask him, he'll give you everyone's life story."

"Not EVERYONE'S..." Owain tried to protest.

"And you two are together too, aren't you?" Lu said slyly, sliding towards Severa and patting her shoulders. "Isn't this cute?"

"Of course I'm cute!" Severa stated angrily. "But our love is a very serious matter."

"Oh yes, of course it is." Lu said sincerely. "Do you wish to tell us more about it as we journey to your friends?"

"WELL!" Owain began, but Severa stopped him.

"We just learned your names. Can we really trust-"

"Do you know how many random people have fallen out of the sky today and all been good people?... Well, besides the angry wolf and that temperamental dragon."

"DRAGON?" Ciel asked, his own draconic armor lighting with desire.

"...Yes? Oh he's not a threat.. I don't think. He's just really short tempered." Owain said, shaking his head with disappointment. "Acts quite like a child, really. Then there're the weird humanoid beast things."

"....Ooh, Ciel, this sounds wonderfully fascinating! I want to see!" Lu said, holding out her hands. "Please, show us! I want to meet these other, mystical creatures."

"What if they're dangerous?" Ciel asked, drawing his gunblades again from the ether. "Lu, we must be-"

"Careful? Oh but that's never any fun..." Lu pouted. Her face almost seemed to become sad and close to tears.

"We're going." Ciel immediately changed his tune, almost on a millisecond's notice.

"...That was a quick-" Owain began.

"Take us." Ciel demanded, swords already sheathed. Lu was in his arms, her arms around his neck.

"....Is that normally how you walk-" Owain tried to ask.

"Yes, on occasion." Ciel replied.

"It's much more fun! And don't worry, my husband is quite strong." Lu promised. "Now take us to the others!"

"...Alrighty." Owain said, but Severa was still skeptical... Something about this pair didn't seem remotely right.

Edited by Thaelasan

"I'm aware," Leon watched as Ascension paced back and forth, he was worrying a borrow in the ground. It was understandable that he was on edge and possibly a little tired and they still had a ways to go.

Glancing back to Lightweaver and Dylas he grazed his fingers over the slight scabbing on Lightweavers side. It would scar but nothing to bad, he hoped. It he had a stronger tome with him then it wouldn't be a problem.

When the padding of paws on grass stopped he looked back to Ascension whose gaze was looking to the east. Following it he gaze landed on the dark shadow of a spire standing tall over the treetops.

yes maybe we will

Keeping a hand on Dylas's he turned with Lightweaver and aimlessly followed Ascension and her east. His hand held firmly to Dylas's thigh to keep him in place. Occasionally a misplaced step or something would have him sliding in which Leon would tug at him to bring him back up.

”Ascension….I got that there is some hard feelings between you and Eos. What happened between you two to make her so crazy.” he hadn't been around when everything had started but now that he was, if there was the possibility to death, he at least wanted to know why. Why were they here and…..Could he go back.

---Link---

"Ah, blessings to you, Alex, Aine and Link. What are you discussing?" Link sighed a mentally​ as Tyrande popped up. Her matters with the others apparently done. It was a good thing to, it made explaining what link wanted from Alex and Aine so much easier.

Turning slightly to include her into the small circle a pleasant smile graced his lips, the only drawback to using her was she may not communicate everything he wants her to. Not that everything he says need to be relayed, but it helped to get his points across.

Hey Tyrande, can you ask Aine if she has seen a giant red loftwing. unstrapping his shield he brought it round, gestured at the bird like form on it. He figured that the picture should be pretty universal no matter where he was or who he talked to. It looks something like this

"Oh, heeeeey!"

It didn't take long for Alex to pop up after she'd finished her introduction, swinging an arm over Link in a sort-of bro hug. Immediately, he jumped and swatted Alex's hands away, sending her an irritated glare before quickly backing up. Alex, for her part, seemed unfazed as she continued on.

"Don't worry, Lonkaroonie. Aine doesn't bite thatIknowof. You can trust her~"

Uh... for only having met her for a day, Alex seemed pretty confident in her trustworthiness. Maybe she's just the trusting kind? It wasn't like it was a bad thing, but the readiness of Alex's recommendation surprised her. She hardly knew her more than Link did, and her circumstances of appearance weren't the sturdiest pieces of evidence for her good character. Granted, Alex seemed like a warm - if exuberant - individual, but she was still taken aback by her verbal confirmation of trust. Most of the Heroes she summoned took some time to warm up to her, even the cheery ones. And when she earned it, their trust was more out of necessity than true loyalty. A day of conversation would be a new record.

...Jeez, I hope the Order of Heroes is still holding out okay without me. I gotta figure out a way to talk to them or something - and quickly.

A bolt of light flashed in the corner of her eye, bringing with it a fresh wave of charged air that caused her hair to stand on end. As she tried to bat it out of her face, she saw a mechanical animal - she hadn't heard enough conversation to catch its name - facing down a bristling Stormcatcher.

"Why you little...."

He began to rush at it before suddenly stopping, claws producing the most horrible version of chalkboard screeching she'd ever heard. Her hands flew to her ears and she shot a mostly pointless but satisfying glare towards Stormcatcher's back, watching him eye Ike's sword. That's right, you overgrown Ridgeback. You better be glad he's not shish-kebabing you right now for that noise. She probably shouldn't be badmouthing something that could knock her flying in his sleep, but it wasn't like he could hear her thoughts... could he? Nah, if anyone could do that it'd be Tidelord or the Water flight.

She lost interest in the events after a few moments and turned back to the group, finding an absurdly tall purple elf staring her down. Now, what kind of universe had humongous purple elves? World of Warcraft? It'd been a long time since she last played World of Warcraft, but it was the closest thing she could compare the elf lady to. She did recall seeing something in passing about this elf lady in particular, but the details escaped her. Some sort of card game, maybe? Oh well. At least she didn't look dangerous, unless she was plotting to break people's necks with her sheer height.

"Ah, blessings to you, Alex, Aine and Link. What are you discussing?"

"Um... nothing much." She replied, slightly awkwardly. If there was such thing as height intimidation making it difficult to formulate replies, now would be a perfect example of it.

Thankfully, Link seemed to know what he was doing as he began to unstrap his shield, pointing to the stylized bird on its surface. Charades? She guessed that this Link couldn't talk then. Hm... but what was the bird on the Hylian Shield supposed to be again? A loftwing? What did Link want her to do about a loftwing? She certainly hadn't seen any, but she was pretty sure it was a trophy somewhere and therefore would exist in the Smashlands. What did he need about a loftwing anyway? Was he just going to fly away into the clouds?

"If you're asking about a loftwing, I haven't seen any, but I'm pretty sure they exist here."

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Solar was almost frozen. Why. Why...

Why...

Why did you leave... do you even..

Remember me? Remember...

The Torracat released a cry of abandoned betrayal. She could understand stopping a monster. She could understand stepping in. But he left her. He left. He left. He'd stopped them, why didn't he come back?

Monster...

Monster...

Murderer...

They're all the same...!

She yowled, and ran blindly. Solar didn't care where she was going. Where.

Within moments of finding comfort in the succor of the short, upon them again was an almighty towering entity, a goddess of a woman in her stride and stature. Eyes aglow and hair--the hair!--a-waving, she approached from beyond where Alex could have spotted her and regarded their tiny, tiny subgroup, tiny in number and diminutive in height. Mimicking Aine's struggle, she craned her head up to view the elf-lady's face, a look of startled realization shocking her into surprise.

"Naga BE! I musta been on something earlier, because HOT DAMN you are tall! How did I not notice this before?!" No, really. How did she not notice this?! Forget Ike--THIS woman took the cake on behemothism! What was she? Like, 7 feet tall or so? She didn't think she could feel any more insubstantial, but here she was! Extra insubstantial! Practically see-through! She pushed Link aside and stood in front of Tyrande, stretching her arms upward with her pout pulling her face to the center.

"Forget some red-riding turkey! Pray to your god and make me a giant woman!"

-----------------

Ike instinctively put himself between Stormcatcher and Xker as the former approached. He wasn't trying to start trouble already, was he? Maybe it was the entirely unemotive permanent grimace across the dragon's maw or something, but every time he spoke or moved, he had the notion to stop him. Stormcatcher was so aggressive he didn't know how to take it, and it felt like any moment something would spark the dragon's ire and cause him to lash out. He knew better than to believe that outright without solid confirmation, but Stormcatcher was making it difficult to believe otherwise. Maybe it was just the environment they were in. Maybe it was something more internal that Ike wasn't picking up on.

He could still stand to be less touchy.

Xker was obviously thrown by this revelation, as they backed away and fluttered in a display of clear discomfort. That was strange. Not backing away from Storm, that was perfectly understandable. But did the concept of magic really disturb them that much? That had to be it, right?

"What's wrong? Are you worried or something? If that's the case, all the mages here are pretty skilled, and you don't have to worry about them attacking you." Ike eyed Storm out of the corner of his eye as he said that.

"If you're still concerned, you can talk to Soren, Tyrande or Alex about it for more information. They know more about that stuff than I do." Ike motioned out to each in succession as they were mentioned. Some people were naturally more susceptible to magic attacks, so it was fair of Xker to be antsy in light of what Stormcatcher had shown.

Speaking of Xker...

"Oh, hey, by the way Xker," he asked, but he wasn't sure how to put the follow up any less bluntly, "what should we call you, anyway? It's a little hard to tell with the voice thing if you're a guy or a girl."

------------

And with that, they were off.

Sure that the others were following close behind, Ascension kept pace with Leon as they began their walk. He'd felt so rude for not elaborating any more than he hadn't to this young man, so perhaps it would be possible for them to properly catch up now that the time allowed. As tense as it left him, he was slightly grateful for these grace periods in between the struggle. He kept away enough to allow the man the room to walk without threatening to step on him.

”Ascension….I got that there is some hard feelings between you and Eos. What happened between you two to make her so crazy?”

That was a fair enough question, even if the assumption that he'd had any hand in her demeanor prickled him. Of course, the offense was likely unintentional, so he ignored it in favor of being as concise as possible.

"Forgive me if I sound exhausted in my answer, but I will try to be as truthful as possible. Eos is my sister, my elder but not my eldest sibling. She, along with my brother Nix, the eldest of the three, once made up a trinity of gods who had dominion over the Sun, Moon, and Elements respectively. As my siblings grew envious of my sway over humanity, Eos endeavored against me and slew me in cold blood, and in turn, my brother did the same to her." His face drew as he recalled that day, that horrid, blood-red day. His ears drooped as the next part of the story came forth.

"I spent the next 3000 years roaming the underworld. By some chance, some sway of the Stars who called me, I was resurrected, but as it turned out, it was only to stop their quarreling. Eos had returned, and Nix had had control in my stead."

He thought to the room. The grey upon pitch bled away by indomitable light. How easily she had incapacitated nearly all of them.

He thought to the corruption so evident in Klepto's mind, driving him to his sister's insanity.

He thought to Solar, who had suffered to save him. He, a god, no more powerful or able than those who surrounded them.

"...mmmh..."

And what had he done for her? What...could he do for her? He saw the soulless abandonment in her eyes upon the robbery of the condor's life, the way her spark had nearly diminished before his very eyes, and he, useless as she nearly faded. If not her life, than her spirit, nearly extinguished. Though he feared for all involved, there was no doubt the Torracat had grown on him, and he felt himself erring toward protectiveness in light of it. There were very few here who he'd met on his level, and somehow...it complicated things. Ascension didn't know what that meant for him.

...bleeding heart...

He nearly ran underfoot of Leon before hearing a peculiar screech. His eyes first went to the sky, but realized with a swivel of an ear that the sound was from behind. As he rounded to find the source of the tortured sound, a blur of red shot toward the far forest, away from the group and the tower. It could only be one person.

"SOLAR!"

He started backward before setting his paws forward, ready to take off after her, after whatever was making her flee--and what was that?--but he found himself in indecision. He found a pair of humanoids that had snuck into the vicinity, and whether they were friend or foe was unknown to him. His skin thrummed with anxious energy as he looked between the two--follow Solar or continue with the group?

There was only one real answer, but his body would not move.

He looked up to Leon, trying to find an answer there.

Xker watched as the blue-furred one stepped purposefully between aer and the dragon. He spoke now.

The Volt tapped a claw on the ground now. Why did they - the others - seem so familiar with magic? They seemed to consider it almost commonplace. Jhw...

Though the names Ike mentioned. Perhaps they could explain. Aer inclined aer head. And then...

"Oh, hey, by the way Xker, what should we call you, anyway? It's a little hard to tell with the voice thing if you're a guy or a girl."

Xker paused for a moment, befire speaking. <"Actually, I'm genderless. I prefer being referred to as aer, but they is fine if you can't remember.">

Hey Tyrande, can you ask Aine if she has seen a giant red loftwing. Link asked her, as he unstrapped his shield and motioned towards a somewhat bird-like decoration on it. It looks something like this

Before she could even tell Aine what he was asking, the girl had picked up on what he was trying to convey and answered his question. Tyrande wanted to assure her that she had indeed understood Link correctly, as Alex rudely interrupted the conversation.

"Naga BE! I musta been on something earlier, because HOT DAMN you are tall! How did I not notice this before?! Forget some red-riding turkey! Pray to your god and make me a giant woman!"

Once again, Alex's behavior surprised her, to say the least, and not quite in a positive way. She noticed she was slowly losing patience with this girl, but this was not the time nor place to start a fight. For either of them, any of the people here, to even have a chance to get back home alive, they'd need to collaborate. There was no option but to reply to Alex's statements seriously.

"I suppose that in this company, it is true that I am among the tallest people, but honestly, for my race, I'm not that far above average. Furthermore, my goddess, Elune, is not responsible for my length. And even if she were, I can't reach her from this realm, so praying to her... is useless. Even her blessings... can't protect me here.

She turned back to Aine.

"But yes, Link was trying to ask if you've seen a giant red loftwing in this area. It seems he didn't need my help to convey his question this time."

---

After continuing their walk for a bit longer, they finally caught up with the rest of the group, just in time to hear Ascension say something about searching for water.

"Oh, but Spritzee can help looking for water, right, Spritzee? Sprrit, spritzeeee?"

"Spriit! Sprr-Spritzee!"

"And Blossom, your Klefki can help as well."

"You're right! Klefki, I choose you!"

"Klef! Klef!"

"Klefki, we need you to look for water, got it? And once you've found something, come back and show us the way."

In the meantime, Shawn had caught sight of two creatures that weren't there when they entered the castle. One was lying on top of the big dragon, while the other one was talking with Ascension.

Kali, similarly, had noticed two new people coming their way, following Owain and Severa. And she noticed that Ratchet wasn't there.

"Can anyone tell me who those new people are? And... why Ratchet is gone?"

"I was just about to ask the same thing."

"Forgive me if I sound exhausted in my answer, but I will try to be as truthful as possible. Eos is my sister, my elder but not my eldest sibling. She, along with my brother Nix, the eldest of the three, once made up a trinity of gods who had dominion over the Sun, Moon, and Elements respectively. As my siblings grew envious of my sway over humanity, Eos endeavored against me and slew me in cold blood, and in turn, my brother did the same to her." Leon felt something inside him cringe, the droop of Ascension's ears and the tilt of his head gave him a defeated look. It pained him to tell it and Leon almost wished he hadn't asked now.

"I spent the next 3000 years roaming the underworld. By some chance, some sway of the Stars who called me, I was resurrected, but as it turned out, it was only to stop their quarreling. Eos had returned, and Nix had had control in my stead."

Dipping his head to look at the ground he continued on in silence. He was stuck in his mind as he thought over what all Ascension had been through. He felt bad that he had made him trudge it back up to tell him.

”sor….” the word hadn't even fully made it out of his mouth as a scream broke throught the air. "SOLAR!"

Turning in the direction of the soul torn scream, a black strick ran to the woods. From the taunt muscles and Ascension gaze he could tell Ascension wanted to give chase. Why didn't he though?

"...Alrighty." owiens voice drifted to them from a little ways off, They appeared to have found some new people. If they weren't fighting them then they must not be a threat. Even if they were, leon and Lightweaver could handle them. There was someone else who needed Ascension's attention more than those two.

”go to her, I think she needs you more than us.” looking back at him he smiled, ” besides we can handle anything they throw at us. raising a hand to the spire in the distance he glanced back.”and you know where to find us when you two are ready.”

Turning he preceded on, not giving Ascension a chance to argue about staying. He didn't want to risk it even though Ascension didn't appear to be like that. Truthfully he didn't want to give him a choice, solar needed him and Ascension was the only one who could talk to her.

"Oh, but Spritzee can help looking for water, right, Spritzee? Sprrit, spritzeeee?" With the main problem being taken care of by Leon's standards, he turned to address the new group of people. With them where some odd ….animals? not knowing much about them, he turned to Lightweaver for answers. Do you know these people? I'm assuming they are friends of yours.

~~~~link

"If you're asking about a loftwing, I haven't seen any, but I'm pretty sure they exist here."

Link's gaze fell to the ground disheartened. Even if they did live here, wherever here was, he don't care about them. He was worried about just one. Crimson had come through with him and fell, but somewhere along the way they separated in their descent and now he was gone.

"Naga BE! I musta been on something earlier, because HOT DAMN you are tall! How did I not notice this before?!"

Stumbling to the side he straightened back up next to Aine. Alex sudden outburst unwanted but shouldn't have been unexpected. From what little he know about her she could be unpredictable and sometimes unconventional in her actions, and it showed. In this case her attention wasn't on the fight that had happened or on the question at hand but on Tyrande's height.

"Forget some red-riding turkey! Pray to your god and make me a giant woman!"

why did I come over here again? It not like Alex can stay...On thought.

Even if Alex was preoccupied now with the height of another, Aine was still there and he could still talk to her to actually get some information out of her.

"I suppose that in this company, it is true that I am among the tallest people, but honestly, for my race, I'm not that far above average. Furthermore, my goddess, Elune, is not responsible for my length. And even if she were, I can't reach her from this realm, so praying to her... is useless. Even her blessings... can't protect me here.

Tyrande turned back to Aine, her attention not really on Alex or link.

But yes, Link was trying to ask if you've seen a giant red loftwing in this area. It seems he didn't need my help to convey his question this time."

Didn't need help to convey?!, maybe not this one time, but it always make it easier to have a auto translator you know. throwing his shield back he fastened it back into place before crossing his arms. He supposed that if Aine had seen any, whether they were his or not, she would have told him. There wasn't really a reason to keep it from him was there.

Glancing back to tyrande he gestures at Aine and Alex, nevermind it's ok, he is just…..A important friend. Link's face fell at the prospect of possibly never seeing crimson again. He was possibly one of his only true friends, being closer to link than even Zelda.Smiling at Aine he tilted his head with a shrug, a offer of thanks. Thanks though

Edited by Acornia