kreepers_killer

Sweetling Breeding Change

A way I see to implement a choosing mechanism would be via a BSA; all Alts could gain an alt-specific BSA that changes an egg (or hatchling?) to alt colour, and have all eggs be pink by default. It would wear off through an abandon or a trade, like Influence or Incubate.

(from my post on an earlier page)

I still think that an alt-specific BSA would be the best way to go about this. If the alt owners are ok with blacks being available to everyone, then the hatchies (and eggs? Or not?) could keep their colour through trades and abandoning; if not, it could wear off on both, and alt owners are able to collect either simply by virtue of leaving it alone for a pink or using their alt-specific action to turn it black.

But DEFINITELY no randoms. People complain enough about Gemshards and Nebulae and even Luminas now, we don't need that level of frustration at valentine's day (and ONLY then!).

Full certainty on Holidays. Even if it's not always controllable - Snow Angel wing colours, for example - we know what's going to happen.

Edited by Zeditha

(from my post on an earlier page)

I still think that an alt-specific BSA would be the best way to go about this. If the alt owners are ok with blacks being available to everyone, then the hatchies (and eggs? Or not?) could keep their colour through trades and abandoning; if not, it could wear off on both, and alt owners are able to collect either simply by virtue of leaving it alone for a pink or using their alt-specific action to turn it black.

I like the idea of a BSA, but I'm confused about how you envision it working.

I get the idea of all sweets being pink by default and only creating black sweets through the BSA. And having only black sweets have the BSA would allow black sweet owners control over if they want to share alts - but from what I understand, this would be usable for dragons on your own scroll? So, for example, you couldn't use the BSA, then breed to share more black sweets with others. You could only keep one, turn it into a black sweet, then not get to keep it if you want to spread black alts - if this doesn't wear off. Bit of a stream of consciousness here, but my main point is, I don't really see the purpose to this if the BSA wears off during abandon/trade - may as well keep things as they are. And the minor point is that if users want to be able to give others black sweets, that means they have to give up keeping any offspring for themselves if this is only applicable to the one egg per dragon they get to keep.

The biggest con, of course, would be that you couldn't 100% control what color a sweet hatched and since sweets can only breed true once a year, this could make lineages more difficult/frustrating.

This.

I can't support your idea for this reason. It is hard enough to build holiday lineages and making them harder by throwing chance into it would be maddening!

While I would love to be able to raise pink Sweets on my scroll and to share my dark Sweets with others, it has to be something I can control!

Can I just say that if I knew what I was doing back then, I would be getting the black sweetlings as well? But alas, I didn't and I missed out and I sort of have to agree that black alts should only be for those exclusive people.

How do you know ? Seriously - I don't think people were able to plan... I do recall that Sweetlings were almost impossible to catch - which is one reason I only have one CB sad.gif If I'd known then what I know now I would have stuck with the cave hunting for longer, but I was pretty new and didn't understand the implications.

ANYWAY - Kila said she didn't want things changed, so I think that should be an end of it... Even though I'd love mine to have been black.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Honestly, while Kila's opinion does matter... I think the views of those who were affected, and had no choice in the matter, should take precedence.

Having said that, while I'd love to be able to have the alts as well as the blacks, a few points:

- No random! Sweetlings breed true ONCE a year, and if RNG goes against you you are hosed, period. With just 2 to 4 eggs per pair, you have a really high chance of getting a bad outcome.

- Egg keeps color of scroll it was laid on: I don't much care for this either. It'd let you get the sprites, and also let people get them from the AP so less of the whole "you need to trade", but for some reason I'm just not liking it.

- Egg keeps color of scroll it hatches on: I'd support this, it means you just need a friend who's willing to hatch eggs. They can be incu-hatchable and BAM back it goes.

- A BSA of some sort: I'd support a BSA where a Sweetling influences the egg to be the adult's color. That way, after you get one black Sweet via trading, you can get more without much trouble.

Either way, I'm not feeling too strongly about it. For all ideas except random, its in the "would be nice" category.

Cheers!

C4.

How do you know ? Seriously - I don't think people were able to plan... I do recall that Sweetlings were almost impossible to catch - which is one reason I only have one CB sad.gif If I'd known then what I know now I would have stuck with the cave hunting for longer, but I was pretty new and didn't understand the implications.

ANYWAY - Kila said she didn't want things changed, so I think that should be an end of it... Even though I'd love mine to have been black.

Because I had just started out a couple days before Valentine's Day and I skipped it, not knowing about it o.o

Perhaps a different way for the BSA to work, then?

Alts could 'influence' another Sweetling to produce (with no fail rate!) all black Sweets on the next breeding.

Also, perhaps instead of all sweets being pink by default and requiring the BSA to turn, Sweets could simply be scroll-colour by default. However, I see this as just making things needlessly difficult for alt owners, as if they want Pinks, they don't have any to influence with, and would have to trade for them; however, if they want blacks, it's easy to influence. Yes, non-alt owners would have to trade for or AP-catch a black, but that would happen anyway unless black became the default, which is definitely not going to happen.

The suggestion of them being pink by default, BSA-influenceable, and that wearing off through trade or abandoning, was a suggestion that would allow Alt owners to collect Pinks (which some may prefer) but not allow non-alt owners to collect blacks, since that's the most controversial part of this suggestion.

Basically though, this boils down to a simple question:

Should everyone be allowed access to both Sweetling sprites?

- Yes

- Only Alt owners

- No

Perhaps that could be made into a poll? I don't see any other options, really, but if someone else does (or an 'other' was added), that's not a bad idea.

Once we answer that question, as long as the answer isn't 'no', we can move on to 'how'.

Personally, I think the best method of alt distribution for both Sweetlings and Snow Angels, which work the same way, should be this:

- Keep the current mechanism.

- Adults get a BSA to influence an egg to turn into the same kind as the "influencing" adult.

- You can acquire other alts by trading for "influenced" hatchlings.

Link for BSA suggestion (Snow Angels in this case, but could work just the same for Sweetlings): https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=165615

(Exception: Spriter's alts. For SA, the tan SA should be able to turn eggs into regular tri-colored SA if the hatchling leaves the scroll. For Sweetlings, Nakase's alt should be able to turn Sweetlings pink (if they leave the scroll as hatchlings), while Kila's alt should get the ability to turn Sweetlings black (if they leave the scroll as hatchlings).

If it were/is released to everyone then it wouldn't be much of an APOLOGY to the people who got it now would it. I side with the artist that it loses its original purpose and the very fact they sacrificed their spriter's alt to give it to folks who got stuck in a crappy situation should speak for itself.

Feels like every time a special, prize, or alt comes out, everyone else wants it handed to them. Collection games like this need a rarity system or there's nothing to work for. Black sweetlings aren't obtainable even in trading or breeding because they were an APOLOGY GIFT.

No support to this.

While I understand that they were indeed an apology gift to those who lost their sweetlings that year because of a glitch, I feel that getting CB black alts is a pretty awesome gift, by the way and totally agree with it, but I think allowing those black alts to breed more black alts (or having some way to obtain bred black altsand vice versa for black alt owners) does not negate that gift. Those owners still have the original CB versions, and no one else will be able to get them, just like people are unlikely to ever get CB Prizes or CBs of holidays past, but we are all still able to collect lineaged versions of them (with the exclusion of Snow angels, of course). It's like it is with tinsel owners, they are privilidged enough to get CB's, and they get so much more out of it because they CAN breed the true colour and have that be passed to whoever they want to trade with. This is the same for Black sweets, how many of those black sweet owners suffer because of a "gift" they were given? How often are they able to find people who are ok with getting alternating lines? How often do they pass up lines because they don't want to mix the pink lines with a black sprite? Sure there are those who don't mind, or don't care, but there are those that are and do. It was a lovely gensture on the part of Kila to offer her up her own sprite for those people, but to limit it to only those people for lineage and collection purposes hurts them as much as it does everyone with normal sweets. And the fact that a fair few of those with the black alts would love to collect the pinks as well adds to my argument, though admittedly adds more towards allowing the black scroll owners to get pink sprites, more than allowing for others to collect black ones.

Yes, i am totally up for someway to get the black sprites, I'm always going to be up for awesome art and designs.

My suggestion is more along the lines of limiting the number of black sweets were breed. Say in any multi clutch of black sweets bred, there could be a minimum and maximum of one black egg per clutch. So say there is a 4 egg multicluch from a black sweet, one is black, the other three are pink (when dropped, if a black scroll picks up pink eggs it has the chance of becoming black (like 75% chance, or 25% chance of staying pink) for non-alted scrolls, they have the chance to pick up black eggs that were not kept by the alt scroll, or the chance to trade for them. That one egg in the multiclutch that stays black will stay black no matter what scroll it is on. Pink scroll owners however are unable to breed the black ones (or again, there is that chance in a multi clutch that one could be born black, like a 25% chance). This then allows for owners to pick the egg they wish (100% certainty of what they were getting). In instances of single egg drops (which is sad, but not entirely uncommon) then the egg is that of the scroll coding (pink for pink scrolls, black for black scrolls, and if it s possible in terms of coding, it could be done so that single egg clutches will change according to the scroll it is picked up on, but I don't do coding, so I have no idea how that part of the idea would work. Or it could just remain the colour it was when it was bred.

Pros:

- Option to keep what egg out of the multiclutch you want

- limiting the amount bred, keeping the "giftedness" of the sprite sacred, while still spreading valentines love.

- 100% certainty in what you are keeping.

- Options for everyone to gain both sprites

Cons

- Does not entirely keep the sacred gift idea (because the sprites are being spread around, even if it is in small numbers)

- Single egg clutches means no option to choose.

I can't think of any more cons, but feel free to add or discuss or expand on this idea

If it were/is released to everyone then it wouldn't be much of an APOLOGY to the people who got it now would it. I side with the artist that it loses its original purpose and the very fact they sacrificed their spriter's alt to give it to folks who got stuck in a crappy situation should speak for itself.

Feels like every time a special, prize, or alt comes out, everyone else wants it handed to them. Collection games like this need a rarity system or there's nothing to work for. Black sweetlings aren't obtainable even in trading or breeding because they were an APOLOGY GIFT.

No support to this.

Kinda falls apart when you consider some of the people with black sweetlings would actually prefer pink ones, or at least very much like to collect them. It was a nice thought, but it was a rushed thought when it happened, if that makes sense? Nobody stopped to consider that it might actually disappoint some people who had no choice but to only collect black sweetlings.

I don't think people should be afraid of change just because it was meant to be a certain way before. Yeah, everyone understands that, that's okay, but it didn't quite work out as intended in a lot of ways, and she still has an alt so she isn't missing out on anything, and there a lot of good people on this site that have suffered glitches or issues and kept on going... why not extend that gift of black sweetlings as a gesture to the whole userbase?

edit: In reply to the comment just above mine, totally agree that the CB black Sweetlings can easily be considered the gift. They will still always have a thing no one else will have, which will actually skyrocket in value if other people are able to collect black sweetlings (so I'm sure many/all of them would appreciate the change).

I still think hatchlings should just keep the color they hatch, though, since it gives control over the black sweet owners what they would like to do with their offspring, and it makes the most sense overall. It's the simplest and most sensible solution, so I hope that's what happens.

Edited by Painter

As someone with Alts, these are the things I really would not want to see:

1) Having to complete any type of extra BSA step to make sure new Sweetlings on my scroll turn black or remain black.

2) Any possibility that the excess Alt Sweetling lineage eggs that hit the AP would be pink or turn pink on my scroll. I count on picking up other Alt Sweetling lineages via the AP. If only 1 of 4 eggs in a clutch will turn black and the 3 pinks hit the AP, it is going to cut into my (already reduced) options when I hunt for lineages I can continue by breeding mates from my CB holiday dragons.

3) No Random coloring. Please. I have more than enough trouble with Nebulas. xd.png

Pink Sweetlings are adorable. I have seen a lot of really pretty Pink lineages. I even picked up a few in the AP and thought "awww... bummer for me!" However, I actually don't have much of a true urge to own Pink Sweetlings. I have lineages that include them & that is good enough for me. I do understand that other players do not feel the same way about this, due to differences in scroll goals.

Edited by Terrafreaky

I have several black sweetling offsprings and I would have loved for something like this to be in place. The black sweetlings owners are the only ones who can have CB so I don't see how their rarity will be reduced, since bred holidays are a dime a dozen unless something is special about them like an artist alt holiday or cb prize parent. I would really like sweetlings to breed true, i,e. black sweetlings produce black offsprings and pink produces pink offsprings. If this were ever to be implemented, I would also like to know if it will somehow impact the pink sweetlings I already have from black parents. I honestly stopped collecting them after one or two tries because I very much dislike the alternate coloring, although I suspect the changes will probably only apply to newer dragons and the ones I already have are a lost cause. OH well... I am not expecting this to happen because "reasons that most of us don't understand", but it would be nice if for once introduce something that has consistently been in demand for years. Old pinks and frills were a good initiative in this direction.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I am not expecting this to happen because "reasons that most of us don't understand", but it would be nice if for once introduce something that has consistently been in demand for years. Old pinks and frills were a good initiative in this direction.

I think 'The artist that gave up her Spriter's Alt wants them to remain exclusive' is an understandable reason. One that can be questioned or argued, maybe, but it's perfectly understandable reasoning.

No support to this.

I once missed a CB gold due to a site malfunction. Why don't I get a super-duper extra-special CB alt version of the gold sprite as an apology? It would only be fair, compared to how the people who lost their sweetlings got treated. However, I didn't get anything like a sparkly alt. I didn't even get a replacement. Nothing. Nada. Nilch.

(And, although the story is quite true, I'm not going to make a fuss about it. It was years ago, I was horribly disappointed because it would have been my only self-caught CB gold, and, in a way, I'm still disappointed. But that's just the way it is.)

So, compared to the above story: Why do owners of black sweetlings "deserve" something special that lasts for as long as they play and actually breeds true, at least on their own scrolls?

And please don't claim that Kila "sacrificed" her own spriter's alt. She got a different one that's just as awesome and also unique.

Also, about rarity system and "nothing to work for": There's literally no way we non-privileged players can work for black Sweetlings or the two varieties of Snow Angels we don't have. There's no way to work towards CB Shimmers or Tinsels, nor for old CB holidays. And, considering that lineages have become a very important part of DC for way too many players, the demand for those CBs is pretty high. Some of us don't even have the ability to "work towards" CB metals, unless we decide to risk our scrolls. (I don't. If you don't believe me, look at my rare dragons. They're proof enough.)

In other words: There's a difference between rarity and absolute unobtainability.

And please don't claim that Kila "sacrificed" her own spriter's alt. She got a different one that's just as awesome and also unique.

That's...incredibly selfish, and also not the point. Regardless or not of whether or not I agree with the whole thing, the Black Sweetling was Kila's alt. It was the one she wanted and put her time into for herself, and selected personally as the reward she wanted for a job well done. Yes, she got the Chocolate alt. instead, but that doesn't invalidate what she did - it compounds it.

As I recall, Kila and Neph made several Sweetling colour sets, and eventually, with TJ, selected the pink one for the site, and the Black and Rainbow ones for themselves. They could have given the users who lost their one-time-release-not-merely-extremely-rare-all-year-round-eggs nothing, or one of the unused palettes. But no, as a personal apology to all those people who may have had plans with lovers or friends or what-have-you, and got up early/stayed up late to catch the new Dragon, Kila decided to gift them her own chosen alt. and select another.

She didn't have to do that. She could have just given the affected users the Chocolate alt. or one of the others (there were upwards of ten, if I recall correctly), but she wanted the apology to be more personal. It's disrespectful, and immensely entitled to see a gift like that and say 'no fair, me too'.

I mean, on the whole, there are a lot of good points either way, and if it came down to TJ putting it to a flat vote, I'm not sure which side I'd ultimately be on, but claiming Kila's sacrifice is an invalid reason is just sickening, and a symptom of the greater problem of the staff of this site not getting anywhere approaching the level of respect and gratitude that they deserve.

Speaking of Kila, it's her you'd have to convince, not TJ, as I believe he's said he'd never change it without her consent? I know he's said that regarding the Snow Angels and Solstaces (and the reason the Solstaces did change was because Odeen allowed them to, whereas the Snow Angels remain the way they were designed to be). It's the same thing with Gemshards when people complain about the way they breed - they were designed to breed the way they do, the creator doesn't want it changed, so that's that.

Asking once is all fine and good - Odeen was responsive in the case of the Solstaces - but repeatedly hounding TJ to violate the wishes of someone who put so much work into the site...is just wrong. Hypocritically enough, I've even seen some of those same members say that they'd be very angry if TJ changed the way their dragons work, whilst simultaneously hounding him to change the way others' work. Funny, that.

... And suddenly I remember why I never post here anymore.

Edited by Millennium07

Speaking as someone with pink sweetlings... I don't see why rare retired stuff has to be released for everyone to get. I really don't. It's a theme I'm seeing all over the forums lately, and it just strikes me as an inability to cope with having 'missed' something.

I was upset I missed them at the time, but at this point, I have no issues with things remaining the way they are. I don't know, I don't feel "I want something" automatically equates "I should get it" - there is a why involved, and 'why not' fails to become an adequate reason when something was retired for a reason. I wish more people could make peace with that.

That's...incredibly selfish, and also not the point. Regardless or not of whether or not I agree with the whole thing, the Black Sweetling was Kila's alt. It was the one she wanted and put her time into for herself, and selected personally as the reward she wanted for a job well done. Yes, she got the Chocolate alt. instead, but that doesn't invalidate what she did - it compounds it.

As I recall, Kila and Neph made several Sweetling colour sets, and eventually, with TJ, selected the pink one for the site, and the Black and Rainbow ones for themselves. They could have given the users who lost their one-time-release-not-merely-extremely-rare-all-year-round-eggs nothing, or one of the unused palettes. But no, as a personal apology to all those people who may have had plans with lovers or friends or what-have-you, and got up early/stayed up late to catch the new Dragon, Kila decided to gift them her own chosen alt. and select another.

She didn't have to do that. She could have just given the affected users the Chocolate alt. or one of the others (there were upwards of ten, if I recall correctly), but she wanted the apology to be more personal. It's disrespectful, and immensely entitled to see a gift like that and say 'no fair, me too'.

I mean, on the whole, there are a lot of good points either way, and if it came down to TJ putting it to a flat vote, I'm not sure which side I'd ultimately be on, but claiming Kila's sacrifice is an invalid reason is just sickening, and a symptom of the greater problem of the staff of this site not getting anywhere approaching the level of respect and gratitude that they deserve.

Speaking of Kila, it's her you'd have to convince, not TJ, as I believe he's said he'd never change it without her consent? I know he's said that regarding the Snow Angels and Solstaces (and the reason the Solstaces did change was because Odeen allowed them to, whereas the Snow Angels remain the way they were designed to be). It's the same thing with Gemshards when people complain about the way they breed - they were designed to breed the way they do, the creator doesn't want it changed, so that's that.

Asking once is all fine and good - Odeen was responsive in the case of the Solstaces - but repeatedly hounding TJ to violate the wishes of someone who put so much work into the site...is just wrong. Hypocritically enough, I've even seen some of those same members say that they'd be very angry if TJ changed the way their dragons work, whilst simultaneously hounding him to change the way others' work. Funny, that.

... And suddenly I remember why I never post here anymore.

Just...this.

While I would love to have alt Sweetlings on my scroll if it were an option, I can't stress how much I agree. And, honestly, I'm happy with my Pink Sweetlings.

Alright, I've been sitting on this for a while and thinking about. So if it's cool with alt sweet owners (and I actually think their say should trump spriter say, as the spriters have their own pretty special sprites - of course the difficulty here is that we only hear from a small group of forum-going, suggestions-visiting, alt-sweet-owners here, so we don't have a very comprehensive overview of how they feel), here's what I would suggest:

Pink and black sweets both have a chance of breeding either pink or black sweets. If your scroll is originally coded for black sweets, you have a higher chance of sweets hatching black. If your scroll is originally coded for pink sweets, you have a higher chance of sweets hatching pink. However, both types of scrolls still have some chance of hatching the other color - just one will be less common for them. Once hatched, the hatchling's color is set.

This would not be as limited as what we have now or what is suggested in the OP. This would allow for users to get both sweet colors. This would allow lineages of alternating and otherwise mismatching sweet colors. The biggest con, of course, would be that you couldn't 100% control what color a sweet hatched and since sweets can only breed true once a year, this could make lineages more difficult/frustrating.

I like this idea. Changing existing sweetlings seems like too much drama, but making it so alternating lineages would be impossible isn't much of a good idea either.

All right, we've gotten to the game of name-calling. Thanks for stooping to that level.

However, the point remains: Why does one group of people apparently DESERVE an APOLOGY GIFT while all others who have lost stuff due to problems with the site don't?

Some people lost hatched NDs way back when the site (regularly) went down for hours on end, and TJ "compensated" with turning back DC time for a little more than what was lost. Lots of people lost dragons due to data loss ("data monster attack"). Someone had an adult Winter holiday dragon (I think it was a Yulebuck) go feral because they had a held egg in a teleport for too long. Or think of the CB alt black known as Commandant Lassard (although I'm not sure I'm spelling this correctly). I'm sure there are other cases that I don't remember right now. In any case, all of those people were told to DEAL WITH IT. The question I dare ask is quite simple: Why the difference?

That being said, I still think that the argument (which has been made!) that Sweetlings may never change because Kila SACRIFICED HER ALT for the well-known APOLOGY GIFT is invalid. However, the argument that at least one, if not both of the makers of the Sweetlings never wanted to see them change is most likely a different matter.

Last but not least, I also stand fast by my statement that I think that all (breedable!) sprites on-site should be available to everyone. I never said I wanted it to be easy or anything handed to me, all I say is that I think everything (save spriter's alts and some special cases like IHOP or Missingno) should be available to everyone in some way. Because this is a collecting game - not a "look what you'll never be able to collect" game.

They WERE a sacrificed sprite from the artist to the folks who were screwed out of the pink ones, that's what it was, a SPRITER'S ALT. So YES. it WAS. Whether you like it or not, lol that's what it was. It was given to them out of kindness from the artist herself to make up for a crappy site situation that was in no way on purpose, and that she felt "okay oops here guys."

The only way I could say anyone should be getting any version whatsoever is folks with black ones able to get bred pink ones. That's like. It. Black ones stay with the folks who were affected because they were there for it, and that happened to them. If it's seen as a curse cuz they never given a chance to get pink ones, then I say let them have a choice. By coding, it's possible maybe that there could be programmed exceptions to remove that script from their pages alone so they can have pink ones and still not affect the dates and gen that their original ones came from, just change their sprite color. But black ones for everyone else just because you want them when NOTHING bad happened to you for that whole ordeal? No.

And yes. There is a rarity system in place. If that means unique sprites, then it means unique sprites. Deal with it and stop trying to grub other people's specials just because "gimme." They're special. They're special for a reason. You didn't get a special when something bad happened to you? Too bad. You don't get someone ELSE'S special because you feel slighted, lol.

:EDIT: LOL "This is a collecting game but I want it open for everyone to get everything" OK then it's not a collecting game. There's no challenge whatsoever to that. None. That's not collecting, that's being handed items because you want it. ROFL no.

Edited by jestersjingle

"This is a collecting game but I want it open for everyone to get everything" OK then it's not a collecting game. There's no challenge whatsoever to that. None. That's not collecting, that's being handed items because you want it. ROFL no.

I think you missed the point. Having things be unavailable in their entirety, no matter how hard you have to work for them, is what Olympe is suggesting is unacceptable; if it's available to one portion of the userbase because of a particular mishap, but all other mishaps are treated with an attitude of 'live with it', then that's not exactly fair. (My definition of fair is treating everyone equally for a similar situation.)

Making the sprites available does not mean making it easy to get them. Is getting a GoN 'easy'? They're available to everyone. Is getting hold of a Prize 'easy'? (well, actually it's not too hard to catch or trade for a messy Prize.) Is getting a Zombie, or a Neglected, 'easy'? No. Just because something is available doesn't mean you're being handed it on a plate.

Now, if everyone just randomly got an adult (or hatchie) black sweetling magically poofed onto their scroll, that would be being handed it on a plate. It's definitely not something that's going to happen, nor is it anything anyone wants to happen.

But being able to trade for them, or sit refreshing the AP and clicking any Sweetling that appears? Those would seem like reasonable ways to obtain the eggs to me.

I do understand that Kila gave up her alt; I didn't know that several had been previously made and the black was Kila's chosen one. However, the sprite is no longer the Spriter's Alt that it originally was; it's out to the public. Yes, Kila should get a say, and her opinion should be considered, but... if it came to a flat vote, I'd give Kila three votes. The opinion of the majority of Alt owners - the people who actually have the sprites and are forced to live with the decision, for better or for worse, should also be valued.

Most of the suggestions I have proposed have worked around the idea that Alt owners should definitely not be forced to not have Pinks, but Pink owners may or may not have access to Alts - the suggestion could be reworked to fit either possibility.

Personally, as a Pink owner, I'm in favour of having Alts remain exclusive but Alt owners have Pinks available.

But I'm also in favour of putting the choice of alt exclusivity in the hands of alt owners themselves.

[snip] :EDIT: LOL "This is a collecting game but I want it open for everyone to get everything" OK then it's not a collecting game. There's no challenge whatsoever to that. None. That's not collecting, that's being handed items because you want it. ROFL no.

No harm meant or anything, but when you literally can't collect something, that's the opposite of a challenge. There's no way for you to get the sprite, so there's no effort involved. You just idly watch as others collect them. That's about the extent of your interaction.

When you can get something, then there's a chance for challenge. Having it completely removed from your options means you can't interact with it at all. So no challenge. tongue.gif

Also I think sprite collecting is a valid way to play the game. A lot of people do play it for that (I'm one of them), there's nothing wrong with having a "collect 'em all" mentality, there's no need to suggest some people are playing the game the wrong way. A lot of DC is just... collecting. And that's okay. It doesn't mean it's always easy. But it can be frustrating when you play for that aspect, only for it to always be incomplete. That's a valid point of view and doesn't mean people want things handed to them easily.

All right, we've gotten to the game of name-calling. Thanks for stooping to that level.

However, the point remains: Why does one group of people apparently DESERVE an APOLOGY GIFT while all others who have lost stuff due to problems with the site don't?

:\ I don't think calling someone else out so aggressively is going to be productive here.

They don't deserve it any more than anyone else. It was a gift. It was a nice gesture.

It is not a question of who deserved it, because no one is trying to say that black Sweetling owners deserve their alts more than other people. However, this happens to the be the one exception where the artist wanted to give the affected people something nice in order to make up for it.

It was a gift, not a reward. No one is earning these things. It was simply a nice thing that Kila decided to do for the users.

We should not take away the fact that it was a kind gesture just because other "deserving" people did not get the equivalent in different situations.

Edited by ab613