TJ09

2016-12-18 - Holiday Event Schedule

Only 14 hours until the Christmas event! I hope the event is cool, and I hope the new dragon will look really nice. Hoping for rich browns and purples

Browns and purples? Why, just out of curiosity? Doesn't seem very winter-holiday-ish.

Well, sure, but it's got to represent the holiday on its own, too - I doubt we'll ever get a design that can't be identified at a glance, on its own, as a clear representative of its holiday. (With that said, would like to see a normal release in those colors for that reason!)

Well, I'm officially done breeding all I was going to breed, and this year I keep count how many offspring were produced:

21 Hollies

17 Winter Magi

10 Snow Angels

10 Solstices

9 Mistletoes

8 Yulebucks

6 Ribbon Dancers

5 Aegides

All in all, I've had fun. happy.gif

Eagerly awaiting the new dragon and whatever event is to come!

Well, just found out my Snow Angels are White winged! I was hoping for that kind or the gold-winged variants, but very pretty either way. Managed to get 2 third-gen Hollies and at least a pair of every breed from past years. Phew. Now I'm unlocked with two spots exactly, ready to receive this year's dragons later on.

Well, sure, but it's got to represent the holiday on its own, too - I doubt we'll ever get a design that can't be identified at a glance, on its own, as a clear representative of its holiday. (With that said, would like to see a normal release in those colors for that reason!)

But - which holiday ? By no means everyone here celebrates Christmas.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Browns because of chestnuts, hot chocolate, nut-crackers and the hearth of a fire xd.png

And purple because I just like that colour and it reminds me of mulled wine...

I also phrased it wrong, I meant to say I wa swondering if there would be a dragon with such colours.

I personally hope for a Christmas-light based dragon smile.gif

Edited by arjunvohra

But - which holiday ? By no means everyone here celebrates Christmas.

True, but those colors don't fit Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other winter holiday I'm aware of. (Actually, now that I'm thinking about that, the Aegises are rather Hanukkah-ish, with their white and blue.) Hanukkah would blue and white, or blue white and silver - maybe with golden or fiery touches to represent the candles or the menorah itself. Kwanzaa would be black, red, green, and yellow, IIRC? Winter Solstice would basically be natural colors, most likely - green and brown for trees, and/or white and dark blue for snow and sky, maybe? Hmmm... what else is there...

Browns because of chestnuts, hot chocolate, nut-crackers and the hearth of a fire xd.png

And purple because I just like that colour and it reminds me of mulled wine...

I also phrased it wrong, I meant to say I wa swondering if there would be a dragon with such colours.

I personally hope for a Christmas-light based dragon smile.gif

Browns might work if accompanied by green, I think - would come across as rather tree-y, suitable for Christmas or Winter Solstice. I love your list of associations, but have a hard time imagining a single dragon that could convey them all, alas!

I can't think of anything that's both brown and purple, now that you mention it. There's several nice brown dragons, though - bronze Lunar Herald, Enraged Aegis, Caligene, arguably Candelabras... And several nice purple ones.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I'm actually not that excited about the Holiday Event anymore. I was in the beginning, but now I'm kinda like whatever. Hopefully I'll get all excited again when it starts.

I had to double-check TJ's posts to make sure that old holidays could still breed tomorrow, I think that's when I'll do the rest of my breeding.

True, but those colors don't fit Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other winter holiday I'm aware of. (Actually, now that I'm thinking about that, the Aegises are rather Hanukkah-ish, with their white and blue.) Hanukkah would blue and white, or blue white and silver - maybe with golden or fiery touches to represent the candles or the menorah itself. Kwanzaa would be black, red, green, and yellow, IIRC? Winter Solstice would basically be natural colors, most likely - green and brown for trees, and/or white and dark blue for snow and sky, maybe? Hmmm... what else is there...

Browns might work if accompanied by green, I think - would come across as rather tree-y, suitable for Christmas or Winter Solstice. I love your list of associations, but have a hard time imagining a single dragon that could convey them all, alas!

I can't think of anything that's both brown and purple, now that you mention it. There's several nice brown dragons, though - bronze Lunar Herald, Enraged Aegis, Caligene, arguably Candelabras... And several nice purple ones.

golden red orange dragon that looks like its glowing would be amazing as a dragon based off of a christmas fire/ candle flames for hanukkah

golden red orange dragon that looks like its glowing would be amazing as a dragon based off of a christmas fire/ candle flames for hanukkah

Ooh, that WOULD be pretty. Or one that was mostly golden with a ridge of flame going down its back, or a series of glowy spikes with flames on them? Would hearken to both a menorah and a Christmas candle.

EDIT: Come to think of it, all the winter holidays I know of use candles or fire at least peripherally, so a candle dragon would be a really good idea.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Ooh, that WOULD be pretty. Or one that was mostly golden with a ridge of flame going down its back, or a series of glowy spikes with flames on them? Would hearken to both a menorah and a Christmas candle.

EDIT: Come to think of it, all the winter holidays I know of use candles or fire at least peripherally, so a candle dragon would be a really good idea.

the spikes could be made out of flames! i would love to see a candle dragon for a holiday or even just a regular release

the spikes could be made out of flames! i would love to see a candle dragon for a holiday or even just a regular release

The Candelabra dragons have flame-like lights on their wings, and I'm pretty sure they're at least partially based on candles...

But I'd also love another candle-based dragon, especially if it was also visually Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/winter holiday based.

Edited by silver_chan

The Candelabra dragons have flame-like lights on their wings, and I'm pretty sure they're at least partially based on candles...

But I'd also love another candle-based dragon, especially if it was also visually Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/winter holiday based.

oh i see those little lights cant believe i never noticed them before! i just wish for candle based they were more red and orange instead of brown.

anyways 12 more hours for the christmas event to start. wonder whats it gonna be and are we going to get the raffles or something similar to that end back

It's been several years since I've been here for a Christmas, and I have to say I'm impressed with how common hollies are now. I went into the AP prepared to spend hours looking for even one, and I caught tons of them! I remember when even messy, long-lined hollies were worth CB golds. I'm not complaining but what the heck lol.

I'm hoping for a drake Holiday. We have a Pygmy holiday already, and I want something nice to breed with thise sweet Honeys we just got ^.^

A lot of people don't like the idea of a restricted breeding group for a holiday dragon, but I too would love a drake. Or a two-head. Something totally different.

Hey let's measure the rate of how impossible it is to get a mistletoe, yulebuck or holly from ap

hardest would be mistletoe they're just not there

next would be holly

last would be yulebuck i see them often enough

almost 99% of AP is wrapping wings, ribbon dancers, and butterbuts

then 0.0000000000000000000001% is the rest'

and SWEET WINDSINGER i just grabbed a mistletoe

and then the rest... thanks RNG for that, now i hope you didn't steal all the luck from fr

Edited by Mashabely

From the hardest to the easiest:

- Holly

- Aegis

- Mistletoe

- Solstice

- Wrapping-Wing

- Yulebuck

- everything else

ETA: and is hard to find a 2g Yulebuck, as hard as to find a 3G Holly

Edited by SullenCat

Wow, I have a totally different scale. I've been catching way too many Mistletoes and having to make myself throw stuff back in order to achieve my goals for other breeds. xd.png Mistletoes aren't rare at all, they're just going quickly.

For me the grabbing difficulty scale has been like...

Aegis

Non-Messy or Unknown/First-Drop Holly (in short, an egg none of the current AP hunters have seen yet, as opposed to a messy that people have caught and dropped once before)

Solstice

Messy Holly

Mistletoe

And everything else is easy. Was even able to get some G2 Yulebucks from friends of mine who grabbed them but don't particularly like Yulebucks (at least, not enough to resist the shiny offers I made LOL) If you're not picky about gen/lineage, it's actually really easy to get a Yulebuck.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I've had no problem catching Aegides, just caught the last one I need for freezing. I'll have enough open slots by tomorrow to get my 2 new Christmas eggs & then the fun of sorting everything out seeing what new stuff will need mates will begin.

It almost CHRISTMA

MERY CHRISTMA EVE

Edit: Now, that that is out of my system, let me say it properly.

Merry Christmas' Eve!

Good luck catching stuff.

Anyone excited for the event? I kinda miss having the event before Christmas.

Edited by Shokomon

Why is the lineage perfect

look at it

Thuweds, alt sweetlings, dorkface, penk, jewel, plus complete with a frillXterra that transforms into terra