Paradisiske

ANSWERED:bring back cb prizes

Prizes are the whole reason I'm active on DC and the raffles in previous years almost made me quit the game because they're so unfair... If the raffles come back some people might be having 3-2 CB prizes on their scroll after it's done and the unlucky ones like me and me personally that would pay real money for a CB prize will be left with 0 AGAIN.

The rarity is already messed up as it is since no one wants to trade for prizes higher than 3rd gens anymore; and how are we that have 0 supposed to survive and complete or wish lists out here with no 2nd gens to trade and bad catching abilities?

We can't.

Then even if you're a prize collector and want lineages from all CBs ~ you have lines from inactive players, burnt scrolls with CB prizes or only a messy line from that one CB line... And owned by players who don't appreciate them as much as we who collect them do...

I really wish for the shop option or that everyone participates in the event and chooses their CB prize. Most fair and those who already have 2 or 1 CB Prize are still in advantage and special.

Because ~ will I ever be able to get 2nd gen prizes from all CB dragons that I like? No. Not if I don't have them on my own and breed them for me and others dry.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

Not even if you DO - there will always be 2 gens you cannot get. I think that is a rather unrealistic goal.

NO WAY REAL MONEY, by the way. Just saying.

Boy... it was THAT bad? Okay, i'm starting to understand why people don't want it anymore. What a world...

It was worse, FAR, far, far worse.

What Fuzz left out was how many prizes (we are talking 4 that I know of, and twice that likely) ended up on scrolls burned for being multis. One of the first went quickly (Booo), 2 went with one scroll in a later year, another scroll went before prizes were even handed out, and I've heard strong rumors of several more gone due to burning. In addition, I've heard other rumors of at least 2 more on scrolls belonging to other multis who were more cautious.

Then there was the extreme harassment of some owners, and the backlash from it.

So yes, it was very, very bad.

No raffles, PLEASE no raffles ever again. I favor the Trader's Canyon, or just about any other method, but PLEASE no more raffles!

Cheers!

C4.

This is all true. But at least the burned scrolls thing didn't involve sheer nastiness on this forum. We didn't have to WATCH ! What I hated so much was the foul atmosphere that developed here. The rudeness; the deliberately hurtful posts aimed at others; the greed; the grabbing; the begging; the insults. It left the forum as a place one simply did not want to be. It's OK now. I would hate to see it be that way ever again.

Not all Christmas Events are designed to have a "completion" goal and I don't think we should try to dictate what sort of events are put on for Christmas. However, I think participating by logging in and clicking on the Event page should be sufficient, and for a majority of the days. That should be enough to earn you a Prize as a gift.

I do like the Trader's Canyon idea and would like to see that implemented but this idea would be acceptable to me too. I do NOT want to see raffles as we had them in the past return. They were far too toxic.

I've seen some mention (in the topic of event completion granting a CB Prize) of 'how about people not having a forum account, some events are hard to figure out on your own', but really, is it that hard to make one and use it once a year if you have trouble with the events? If someone chooses not to have a forum account (or have but don't use) it's their choice... and there are plenty of consequences of that choice already. Anyway, forum account is free, also to see the news thread where people throw in sollutions doesn't even require having a forum account... and there's the Wiki, I remember it was updating the walktroughs...

And I bet noone would know at first that completing the event earns a CB Prize, including forum users, we hardly ever know such things before it's too late...

So I don't think 'but people without forum accounts!' is a good point against...

As for paying money, well, I'd live with it if things you can buy with money can be also obtained by anyone through just playing the game... So a no for CB Prizes as long as you can't obtain one for free through your gameplay.

Still, it's better that DC is unique on having no buyable content.

Not all Christmas Events are designed to have a "completion" goal and I don't think we should try to dictate what sort of events are put on for Christmas. However, I think participating by logging in and clicking on the Event page should be sufficient, and for a majority of the days. That should be enough to earn you a Prize as a gift.

I do like the Trader's Canyon idea and would like to see that implemented but this idea would be acceptable to me too. I do NOT want to see raffles as we had them in the past return. They were far too toxic.

so what if user a logged in and clicked around a bit every day from winter breeding starts to the first of jan. would that be enough days to warrant a cb prize?

IF, and it's a big if, raffles ever return, it should be for "Honorable mentions" only. A dragon of your choice, CB, from that holiday. So, Alts/or past holidays from that event would be cool. NOTHING ELSE. This is how it should have been anyway. Prize dragons should never have existed. It goes against everything the game does.

The store would be great. I'm also not opposed to receiving a prize for completing a holiday event. All dragons should be available to all players if you are willing to put the work in. Prizes are not and never have been.

so what if user a logged in and clicked around a bit every day from winter breeding starts to the first of jan. would that be enough days to warrant a cb prize?

Well, my idea was they'd have to click on the Event page, not just random site pages, but yes, essentially.

Let's say the event is 7 days long. A person has a busy Christmas holiday time with family but manages to log in and click the event page 4 out of the 7. Good enough. They were here, they participated.

Or say the event is confusing to someone. No "completion" goals, just show up at the event. They still get the reward.

That way if an event is hard for someone they aren't penalized, if they have a lot of family obligations they aren't penalized. If they simply forget and don't log in, yeah, no prize. It makes no assumptions about what the event is, only that there will be one. It doesn't dictate how many days the event runs either. Just >50% participation = prize.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

So put them in the store/canyon, with a really high price, But NOT just hand them out like candy.That would be more for - say - stones or canopies. smile.gif

Just want to point out: Prizes are cheaper than Golds in the shop.. Low enough to easily earn 2 possibly 3 a year. On purpose.

As much as I don't care for them, I still hold hope that raffles can work, but not with the existing framework we have. Tying them to holiday events is pretty stressful (my christmas is spent between 8 homes 1-4 hours apart over the course of three days (and I personally dont even celebrate it...). I havent finished a halloween event in years due to spending my halloween working a convention with 25k+ people.

Once a year, and such a small number, doesnt work.. but perhaps handing out 5/10/15 on a weekly basis for both sets might be enough to work. Just being an active player should be plenty to get entries into it. It should be easy enough to script out to happen automatically. This way would add:

260 of each gold sprite, 520 of each silver, 780 bronze a year.. that should be plenty, even though it still doesnt guarentee every single person gets one, but it puts far more out there on a year to year basis...3120 new prizes a year is better, right?

Well, my idea was they'd have to click on the Event page, not just random site pages, but yes, essentially.

Let's say the event is 7 days long. A person has a busy Christmas holiday time with family but manages to log in and click the event page 4 out of the 7. Good enough. They were here, they participated.

Or say the event is confusing to someone. No "completion" goals, just show up at the event. They still get the reward.

That way if an event is hard for someone they aren't penalized, if they have a lot of family obligations they aren't penalized. If they simply forget and don't log in, yeah, no prize. It makes no assumptions about what the event is, only that there will be one. It doesn't dictate how many days the event runs either. Just >50% participation = prize.

I support this idea.

And really, there is no need for a forum account regarding events anymore since TJ links all important news on the DC front page. My BFF has a forum account that she rarely logs into. If something is important that doesn't happen to be a designated news post, I tell her and she chooses to check it out if she wants to (more often than not, she doesn't). You can still browse most of the DC forums without ever having an account. There are also outside DC social media outlets that people use to get the information that they need.

I'm also with dragonlady in that prizes should never have existed in the first place. The sprites are lovely, but the introduction of limited edition species like that has been a disaster for virtually everyone.

i would appreciate it for this thread that people would forget that the shop suggestion existed. i would like people to discuss the pros, cons and merits of this suggestion instead of just saying oh but the shop suggestion is better and i like it more and i think it'll get incave before this suggestion.

sorry for being blunt

Well, bluntness or not - I feel that it's more than just appropriate to point out viable alternatives if we feel that they're better than the suggestion at hand.

Because, let's be honest, there are a lot of people who would like CB prizes back - as long as they don't come with a raffle. So we actually need to discuss alternatives, not censorship.

Well, bluntness or not - I feel that it's more than just appropriate to point out viable alternatives if we feel that they're better than the suggestion at hand.

Because, let's be honest, there are a lot of people who would like CB prizes back - as long as they don't come with a raffle. So we actually need to discuss alternatives, not censorship.

alright i understand.

The thing is, I want the chance for a CB Prize. Even if it's just a chance, re-introducing the raffles would be awesome.

But I also want a significant chance of getting a prize. With how many users are on DC, and so few Prizes being given out, the chances are slim.

But I still want them to be rare! Giving out a prize (especially a choice of prize - we'd end up with more gold ones, probably) to every participating user, every year, would give us so many CB Prizes that we'd be swimming in them. They simply wouldn't be rare.

I really don't have a good solution to this. I agree that CB Prizes should be re-introduced, but the way I'd want them back is via some kind of competition, because I know that I could do my best to have a better chance at winning.

Perhaps some kind of strategy game, like the halloween minesweeper, could be introduced? No time limit, time shouldn't even factor in. I know that many people had trouble with the game, but I also know that many people (like me) were helping others with their games, allowing them to contribute to the event. I'm not sure if the same thing would happen if the competition wasn't between two factions, but instead for a tangible, individual prize, but I'm sure there would be help threads made dedicated to the strategy of a game.

I don't know, really. I want a CB prize, and I want anyone to be able to get one, but it should be HARD. A test of dedication and will.

Perhaps there could be a year-long minigame, strategy-based, that allows you to enter the raffle drawn at christmas? Perhaps you could play one game per day/week/hour/12h/whatever, to limit the number of raffle tickets in play.

It would allow dedicated players to get higher chances at the raffle, while still giving everyone a chance.

*shrugs at ideas in general*

The question is: Do we really need more grinding? Trying for a CB metal (by playing honestly) is enough of that IMHO.

I wish they had originally been introduced with the addition of the bronze / silver / gold trophies. I just like how their colors are analogous to that. :P And then we could have never dealt with this raffle nonsense that leaves many dedicated players in the dust.

There needs to be some way for a player to be able to get these. It's a collectibles site. I hate permanently missing out on certain things that are available to others. I don't care if it's something like, every 1000 dragons you add to your scroll, you get to pick one. I'd take anything. Even a raffle, but I'd really prefer that not be introduced again.

Edited by Painter

There needs to be some way for a player to be able to get these. It's a collectibles site. I hate permanently missing out on certain things that are available to others. I don't care if it's something like, every 1000 dragons you add to your scroll, you get to pick one. I'd take anything. Even a raffle, but I'd really prefer that not be introduced again.

I'd hate that. I have a very set scroll goal, and I basically add 7 dragons for each new dragon released (two male, two female, three frozen). I know there are other people who basically constantly raise new dragons, but it would be terrible for the site to actively try to force people like me to be like those people. There is no "right" play style, but something like that basically says "if you're not constantly raising new eggs, you're doing it wrong".

There's also the fact that my egg/hatchling slots right now ARE constantly full, but with fogged hatchlings that I'm going to try to make into zombies when they die. I will eventually get past this, but at the rate I'm getting successes, it's going to be quite a while. Forcing me to devote a fraction to zombie making because I feel pressured to raise adults so I can get prize dragons would make it take so much longer. (I am raising a few adults, but those are all zombie fodder to be killed every 2 weeks)

That's the nice thing about the OP suggestion of handing them out for participating/completing the winter event. It doesn't force any kind of play style other than "do the winter event".

What about a rare chance of getting CB prize during the Holiday Seasons? Like whenever there is Holiday dragon breeding, we get a small chance of catching the prizes.

And since they are prizes, and not specific Holiday dragons (though they are associated with Christmas) you could have them drop around every DC holiday.

Then, the only reason limiting people from getting the dragons would be the same as any other rare: computer speed, internet availability, and number of people in the cave. (This would take the prize aspect out of them though, and just make them rare dragons.)

Another idea, maybe we could have specific game for just getting prize dragons that only pops during DC Holidays? Beat the game and win a random prize dragon: 50% chance Eastern and 50% chance Western with 50% chance of bronze, 35% chance of silver, and 15% chance of gold for either.

Of course, these are just suggestions.

I do wish CB Prizes would come back in some form though.

I do not like the idea of them becoming a new cave rare. I don't know how much of it is patience and skill and how much is cheating, but there are people who turn up into the trading threads with a full scroll of CB golds and silvers, while there are other people who have never managed to catch even one. The same dynamic would happen if prizes were dropped in cave. No thanks.

There's also the fact that people are already busy during the holiday breeding times working on their holiday lineage projects. Having prizes available in cave as a rare during holiday breeding would force any who want a CB prize to keep an egg slot open that chances are they're never going to fill with a prize.

If we get new prizes, they should be distributed through another mechanic that distributes them more evenly. Be it more raffles that put out a lot of eggs, a gift for completing the holiday event, the store, etc. Just something that would make them obtainable by the average active player. I know hunting the cave for rares is already a mechanic, but it's not exactly a fair one. If we're going to have prizes again it should be as fair as possible.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'd hate that. I have a very set scroll goal, and I basically add 7 dragons for each new dragon released (two male, two female, three frozen). I know there are other people who basically constantly raise new dragons, but it would be terrible for the site to actively try to force people like me to be like those people. There is no "right" play style, but something like that basically says "if you're not constantly raising new eggs, you're doing it wrong".

There's also the fact that my egg/hatchling slots right now ARE constantly full, but with fogged hatchlings that I'm going to try to make into zombies when they die. I will eventually get past this, but at the rate I'm getting successes, it's going to be quite a while. Forcing me to devote a fraction to zombie making because I feel pressured to raise adults so I can get prize dragons would make it take so much longer. (I am raising a few adults, but those are all zombie fodder to be killed every 2 weeks)

That's the nice thing about the OP suggestion of handing them out for participating/completing the winter event. It doesn't force any kind of play style other than "do the winter event".

I don't think that's a great reason to shut down a number-based system, though. You could always raise them and release them later, or maybe the system could count anything that grows/freezes on your scroll, so even dead zombie fodder would count. And yes, you'd have to choose between forging on with zombies right now or collecting, but that's how the whole GAME is. I'm frantically working on zombies myself too (half down... half to go and all the S2s X__x), and I have to balance that between my personal projects and collecting and soon getting holidays and mates, but that doesn't mean it's unfair that zombies are a thing. We've had to pick our priorities with our scroll slots since the game first came out. A prize per 1000 dragon systems wouldn't change that any more.

That being said, despite playing devil's advocate, I'd still really like prizes in an eventual shop. Yes, the shop idea is complicated, but I think it'd be worth it and nail quite a few birds with one stone (getting past holidays, giving people with slow connections a chance to get metals, potentially even potions to allow for unfreezing or refusal reversal or whatever--so many possibilities!).

So I guess my priorities for prizes coming back would be:

Store

Collecting x amount of dragons per prize

Holiday event (too easy)

Cave drops (too hard)

Raffle returning (too maddening!)

So you don't think it's unfair to have a mechanic that basically says "You, the person who has very specific and limited scroll goals, are playing the game wrong. Start obsessively collecting dragons as fast as possible or you won't get any CB prizes for ages and ages."? Because I do. The beauty of DC is that there is no right or wrong way to play. A mechanic that gives out prize dragons for dragons raised suddenly makes massive hoarding the only way to play. At least for anyone who cares about getting CB prizes. And there are lots of players who don't play using the massive hoarding style.

Even if there was a mechanic that let me count my dead hatchling zombie fodder (that were never frozen because then I'd have to use a kill on them) as "raised" (even though they were hatched and then fogged into oblivion), that's still an incredibly slow way of "raising" dragons compared to growing adults. And it also doesn't help me when I do finish all my zomibie hatchlings, because then I'd have to start raising adults that I don't want.

My ranking would be

Store

Holiday event (they have to be active and do the event, that's fair enough to me)

Raffle (as long as they put out a lot more eggs than previous ones)

And I don't like the rest at all. (in cave prizes and prizes for raising dragons)

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Basically everyone wants them back but everyone disagrees on how it should be done x-x

I think in whatever way they come back it should fit their name as a prize dragon.

Me, I don't like the store idea as its not a PRIZE if you can just get it in a store.

Unless the store had a random RNG thing where you paid whatever dragon cave points and got a completely random dragon egg from all existing dragons.

I would be ok with that then as new dragons are always being introduced to the cave making it always harder, leaving them still very rare but with a small % to get one. And it would still fit there name as a prize dragon.

Basically everyone wants them back but everyone disagrees on how it should be done x-x

I think in whatever way they come back it should fit their name as a prize dragon.

Me, I don't like the store idea as its not a PRIZE if you can just get it in a store.

Unless the store had a random RNG thing where you paid whatever dragon cave points and got a completely random dragon egg from all existing dragons.

I would be ok with that then as new dragons are always being introduced to the cave making it always harder, leaving them still very rare but with a small % to get one. And it would still fit there name as a prize dragon.

Well, they do have individual names that don't spell "PRIZE". Tinsel and Shimmerscale. If need be, rename the PRIZE dragons to PRICE(d) dragons. Problem solved.

Edited by olympe

Well, they do have individual names that don't spell "PRIZE". Tinsel and Shimmerscale. If need be, rename the PRIZE dragons to PRICE(d) dragons. Problem solved.

Hehe. What a silly way to put what I was going to bring up. The dragons are only prize dragons because that is what we associate them as. If they're not being won, they're still tinsels and shimmers.

Please no earning them by collecting tons and tons of dragons. I do collect lots of dragons, but at my own choosing--not to get something out of it.

Please no having them drop randomly during the holiday event. That would cause chaos and frustration as many people are working with limited slots to begin with.

We would not actually be swimming in prizes. There are many more users playing than we even know about. Chances are that even if many were given out, we wouldn't even see what happened to a good chunk of them.Just like many prizes still have unknown owners to this day. And they're only given out once a year. What's the difference between swimming in prizes and say swimming in Halloweens (which you can load up on) or some other dragon that could actually be caught year around? Are people swimming in gold dragons or silvers or coppers? No. These dragons are all still rare.

Edit: I never really called HMs anything than their proper names unless I was clarifying something, like a CB soulpeace as opposed to a soulpeace.

Edited by Jazeki