Felixr2

Project N - OOC

As I've already said, life has develloped very similarly to life on earth. It is based primarily on hydrogen, oxygen and carbon, with nitrogen being the next most dominant atom. The most common fluid is water, just like on earth, and the atmosphere is very similar as well, although the air usually is a bit more moist on Naghu than it is on earth. Temperatures are also higher on average. There sure are dangerous species on Naghu, very dangerous even. Remember those blackpaw razorfangs I mentioned earlier? Yeah... imagine a lion... mixed with a komodo dragon... that can outspeed a human on land and in water. But there also are many species that are incredibly harmless. Most of the danger comes from people not understanding how to interact with them. But there are two entire Colonies dedicated to figuring that out, one located next to the same forest Colony 17 will do their research in.

Keep in mind that the idea of a pitch-black, highly poisonous, flesh-eating plant is already taken. It's called Death Ivy and might end up playing a role in the story. I haven't decided on that yet. But sure, if there's one pitch-black plant, surely the can, and probably would be, more. I mean, being pitch-black is the most efficient way to absorb light, so sure it would be a property that increases the chance of survival in many environments, especially ones with few light. And of course such a highly dangerous plant has beautiful light-purple luminiscent flowers. I mean what else would it use that extra energy for?

Edited by Felixr2

ahh hello i've had some time to do some drawings recently so if anyone is interested?

boop

thats a 3/4 view and a frontal view of my baby haha (i'm sorry my shoulders are so weird someday i'll perfect them)

boop

oh and heres a full frontal view (one day i will also learn how to draw hands but for now she must settle for claws)

so um yeah, i tried to show that her hair is messy af, all the time and its constantly in her face and falling loose also she dresses like a grandma

Edited by Lilraaos

Those are some lovely drawings!

Anyway, I'm sorry for taking so long to post and appreciate that you've all been so patient. I will try to get a post up asap. Right now I'm a bit busy though

Edited by Felixr2

!ATTENTION EVERYONE!

I'm sorry I'm so late coming to you all with this, but (padfoot already knows this) my laptop's broken and writing posts on a phone is not comfortable at all for me, not to mention it makes it harder to get in the flow.

Feel free to advance the story as you like. Lilraaos, I'll let you play Diana for now, if you want to (otherwise I can try to squeeze some posts for her out of my interactive rectangle, Rob-E will be an open NPC from now on and the NPC creation rules I've put up a while ago but didn't notify you guys of (didn't want to double post) still apply.

I will be giving you guys direction here in the OOC until I get my laptop fixed. (That might take a little while)

Sorry to hear that Felix. I really like the plot of this rp and would like to help keep it floating. Felix, pm me if you need any help (with the rp or your laptop, I just fixed mine)

I have been posting with my phone for about 6months. I bought a heap bluetooth keyboard on Amazon and it's ****ing magical. I highly recomend it.

Same goes for me! I'll do anything I can to help as well!!

I would also like to apologize for my absence, I'm apart my highschool's mock trial team and this month we have been busy competing but now that the season has drawn to an end i should have a lot more time on my hands!

I'm really flattered that you trust me with your character I'm a bit nervous though haha but I'll try my best and no worries just do whatever is most comfortable for you!

Edited by Lilraaos

Welp - seems the IC got hidden. I'll be honest with you, I have no idea how to find it back... (nobody ever told me D:)

I was going to bump it, but... yeah.....

(Hope you don't mind me coming to help even though I'm not entered??)

Actually, the forum hides all topics older than a certain date. Possible to unhide them though.

user posted image

^ appears at the bottom of the page. Play with the dropdowns and look through the pages, and you should find your IC.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'm still noticing a lack of posts in the IC... do you need some direction?

I guess Esther and Diana can keep chatting for a little while, before the first exploration begins. Diana will be goingming along, Christoph won't. For the rest I think everyone can decide for their own characters. smile.gif

Keep in mind you can create NPCs at any time!

They won't find anything of importance for the primary mission. However, feel free to put ideas for new species they can come across in the OOC, or send them to me by PM.

Delivery from China is taking longer than expected. My laptop might be fixed tomorrow, but it might also take a month. If it doesn't get fixed next week I'll be posting in the IC from my interactive rectangle (I just love that term).

@voltage I'd like to see a post from you either here or in the IC sometime next week, so I know you're still around. If I haven't seen one by Sunday 26 February 22:00 CET, I'd see myself forced to put Phil on hiatus mode. This means that nobody is forced to pay attention to him in a post. He's doing his job and that's it.

I don't want to double post.

I guess I could edit my post further.

Good point on that one, pad. Expanding your last post further may very well be the best idea.

@Lilraaos I like your post! smile.gif I knew I could trust you with Diana. :3

oh man thank you so much im crying i actually have no idea what i'm talking about with the gramophone haha if i just say words maybe i can confuse everyone enough to agree with me thats my plan //cries

should we have an announcement or something to move the plot along? maybe an announcement saying they gotta go set up in their work spaces so Caleb can have some interaction with Esther? (They could bump into each other as Caleb is working maybe??)

and i'm really sorry what does Diana do exactly? i know it has something to do with either mathematics or machinery//puzzles i can't remember if its been mentioned yet, i'm sorry

but depending on what she does, maybe we can get her to interact with Bryce??

Heh. Your description of how a gramophone works was pretty accurate.

I haven't yet mentioned specifically what she exactly does. She's there to quickly solve complicated mathematical problems, simplify formulas (may it be needed), that sort of things.

And she's there to brighten the mood with some live music.

An announcement would be useful, indeed.

@Padfoot Is Bryce going to do fieldwork? If so, he can meet up with Diana during that. If not... I mean, she still has to go to the garage with the rest of the group to get a kart.

Hullo friends. I'd like to join.

Name: Oliver Jean

Appearance: Tall and reasonably built Oliver is 6’2 has well muscled arms and chest. He has a chiselled jaw that is almost permanently covered in stubble, with curly brown hair sitting on the top of his head. His face is a deep red as well as the backs of his hands, the rest of his body is white, the contrast making him look pale. His usual attire is long pants and various buttoned up, long sleeve shirts often with a checked design. As befitting of a farmer he has a wide brimmed brown acubra.

Personality: Quite friendly but can often come across younger than his actual age. Oliver is easy going and positive on his downtime but can maintain his focus when working. He can come across as awkward when it comes to technology.

History: Born and raised on a somewhat old fashioned farm, Oliver’s parents (particularly his father) raised him to place more reliance on himself when it comes to working the fields and tending to animals. When Oliver reached 30 his parents retired from work and Oliver took over fulltime work of the farm, tending to the cattle and managing their crops, primarily corn. He didn’t have much interaction with the more modern aspects of life due to very rarely venturing from his farm, only to sell his supplies and buy more stock. At 32, while out on a delivery tragedy struck and a fire took the entire farm grounds, claiming the lives of both the animals scorching the once prime growing soil. With now no house or income Oliver decided to start fresh with just the money from his last sale and his dog Bugle Oliver decided to head for colony 17

Other: He has a dog

Name: Bugle

Appearance: A large great dane, reaching 98cm from foot to his back. He is brown and has a droopy face that is adorable.

Personality: Well behaved and well trained Bugle will follow Olivers every command and tends to stick with him. He can be commanded to enter free time where Bugle acts much more relaxed and often just likes to lie down or sniff things. He also often forgets his size and likes to sit on top of Oliver and those he’s friendly with.

Accepted! You can start posting now; I'll put the sheet in the accepted charas list as soon as I have more time.

Don't wait for me to post before continuing, I had a couple questions before my first one.

1. Would it be possible for Olivers awakening from crysleep to be delayed for whatever reasons so as to justify why he's only now interacting with everyone

2. How is a dog kept in cryosleep!? (that also may be a justifiable way as to why Oliver is so late.

3. Do you decide what items each of us get put into our rooms or will I have to think of them myself (if so I'm thinking some tools, like a hoe, shovel, sheers, clippers and some bags of various seeds and potting mix (of course I probably brought some along myself)

That's about it for now.

It could've been a system failure (could be struck by a tiny piece of rock during the flight... and Caleb would have to fix it.)... but he could also just have been interacting with unspecified NPCs.

Well, if you can keep a human in sleep... why wouldn't you be able to do so with a dog? I mean, it's the future, people probably figured it out.

And you're free to come up with something yourself. Your idea sounds good, but keep in mind that it does have to be something they actually like getting. So if Oliver likes getting these tools, sure, why not?

I think I figured something out.

Cal still fixed it, I just wanted to have fun with it.

I figured Bugle's auto wake up went off correctly but he just waited around for Oliver like the good boy he is.

Oliver's pod, unfortunately, was the worst pod on the ship and is trying to kill him.

Marcus contacted me via PM to tell me they won't be joining this RP after all. An unexpected, unfortunate event made them unable to be properly posting atm. They have given permission to use Oliver and Bugle, so they will be open NPCs from now on.

And awesome post, pad.

Edited by Felixr2

UPDATE

My computer is now completely fixed! I'm ready to go all-in for this again!

And I'm now going to PM Voltage to give them one last chance. Going to give them until Friday next week to reply. Until I get a reply, their character will be on hiatus mode.