Polar

Adventures in Fantasyland

Hunter ran into the wall knocking it over when she dodged his attack. He snorted and shook the plaster dust from his head, eat twitching at a tiny metallic clang sounded on the linoleum floor. Once more he rounded on her mouth closing around her neck and slamming her into the debris teeth about to finish her off when...... His jaw loosened, slowly releasing her. "Partners..... in.....crime......" came a low rumble. His red eyes started to lose their intensity dimming to a dull violet, the glow in his sunken socket was no more. He whimpers as he shrank to roughly her size laying down, nose inches away from her and- covered in dust nearly lost in the wreckage- her wedding band that somehow landed by her massive paw. The little trinket was probably the last thing one would think of that would calm him from a berserker state, however he held on to that ring for so long, the weak twinkle of the diamond coupled with the sudden whiff of the saber tooth's scent made something click in his mind. A sudden realization that this was his mate. He lifted his head and howled mournfully, licking her wounds tenderly as tears stained his muzzle. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.. I lost control..." He muttered shameful. 

----

Gladriel sighed as she texted Lily and Damien that she'd be late. As a new teacher she was in charge of the Detention for the first three months of school. She had a wonderful day, getting to know her students and fellow teachers, loving the fact she had lost the baby weight rather quickly and that her class was one of her favorite things to do; art! She glanced up from her paperwork at the five seniors who she placed at different tables so they couldn't talk. This didn't seem to hinder them, as they flicked notes to each other with giggles and sneers in her direction she knew all too well. Their phones had been confiscated earlier by another teacher during school hours. 

When one rolled up his sleeve reveling a sea based gang tattoo as he winked at her she heaved a sigh and set down her pencil standing up. She walked around her desk and sat down on it, crossing her ankles and smoothing the navy blue renaissance style dress she wore. "You really think that Hammerhead would scare me boy?" She said flatly. "If I were each of you, I wouldn't dare touch me. You see, my fiance is a very dangerous man. You have no idea what you are doing nor whom you are threatening." 

A couple guys looked at each other and grinned. "So you know of the Sharks? Didn't you say your bae is a lawyer? Not very dangerous unless he's going to sue us. " one got up grinning. "It should be against the law for a sexy teacher to work here. You're not much older than us. Besides... who's going to listen to a little teacher when five guys say a different story?" The eldest and strongest walked over to her curling a strand of hair around his finger. She didn't even flinch. "Beware boy, lest you have the full wrath of Poseidon. "  another laughed. "He's a myth! Someone the gang leader made up to scare the lower tiers, but we're close to Rook, he's the gang leader. Just wait till we tell him the nice *** we got today!" The leader laughed grabbing a wad of her hair and yanking it. 

He seemed off put with her being so stoic, making no scream, no plea for her dignity. Nothing. "Come on *****! Cry, scream! This is no fun!" He snarled slamming her to the desk hand on her neck. Instead she laughed. "Rook is going to throw you in the Pit if my fiance doesn't do it first. I. am. Poseidon's. woman. And I rather not see such young men with so much potential for good to be sent to an early grave yet when it comes to me, there's no soothing his wrath. I am warning you again before he walks inside this room, let me go and behave yourselves unless you want a death warrant sighed in your blood. He will break you. Prison would be  far nicer then whatever he thinks up as punishment. You don't scare me at all. In all honesty, my fiance is more terrifying then the devil himself. If he ever met Lucifer, I bet you that Satan himself would bow before him. Let go now..." Her phone buzzed. "He has enough blood on his hands. Don't make him soil them any more. Be a good boy, sit down and do your work. Besides, who's better at breaking the law then one who knows how to find the gaps?" She said.

"That... kinda makes sense Damien." Said one of the bows to the one who has her pinned. She smiled at the name. "Shut up Jack! " He snapped back. Gladriel used this distraction to put her training to use. After having the baby, Damien trained her himself in self defense so she wouldn't be put in a dangerous situation again. She wrapped her legs around the kid's waist, twisted his arm until he let go and flipped over dragging him down and, pinning him to the floor. "Sit down and behave boy." She growled before releasing him fixing her hair and dress and scooping up her phone. 

---

Craven smiled and trotted over kissing her head. "Was he? Hungry little dragon he is. Can't wait till he's older and can walk around so I can show him how to garden." He smiled, adjusting the blanket so it covered his mate more modestly. He was still shy about the whole mate thing and at every feeding covered her so she had privacy and to show he wasn't like her late husband who probably didn't care if she was covered or ask each time he wanted a kiss from her. The only time he doesn't ask was to hold her hand or kiss her forehead or cheek. He could tell she appreciated this greatly so he continued to do so to make her happy. 

---

Lain shifted uncomfortably in her chair as the awkward silence stretched out between her and the son of another mob boss who wanted to combine their power through marriage. Her father was against it, and yes, she already knew what shady business her father was up to. It wasn't hard to figure out really. The son wanted to have tea with her privately to discuss the issue on why she and her father refused the marriage. She watched as the cloaked handsome back haired man made the tea and handed her a cup of the brew. He had scars all over, and the gleam in his red eyes made her stomach turn. He smelled masculine like leather and something else, something sour. The way his deep grey cloak moved looked familiar too but for some reason, her mind was drawing a blank as to what. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((I'm around, sorta XD Also I love dark!Damien so...))

Brienna thought for sure she was dead - but then Hunter's grip slackened and she slid to the floor, panting for breath. His form shrank as he licked her wounds. She knew that her injuries were bad, but she also knew she would be fine within a few days. Brienna could tell that Hunter was appalled with himself - but she didn't blame him, he didn't know what he was doing. The berserker rage that ran in his family tended to do that. She nudged her nose against his cheek, her rough tongue running across his fur in a silent I-forgive-you. "It's okay. I'll be fine," She rasped out. "You lost control, but it's not your fault. I don't blame you."

~

Damien knew something was wrong the moment Galadriel didn't answer her phone. Abandoning his quest for food, he sped towards the school, trying not to assume the worst. He parked haphazardly and sprinted inside, slowing in order to listen for anything that might tell him where Galadriel was. Detecting voices, he strode quickly towards the source, hearing the tail end of Gala's threat. As Damien was always one to make an entrance, his steps were slow and leisurely as he walked in. "Well, would you look at what we have here." He grabbed the arm of the boy who had revealed his shark tattoo. "Oh, you're one of mine. Great." His grin was terrifying as he dropped the boy's arm, clasping his hands loosely behind his back. "You know, Gala, I don't think I ever told you the story of my experience in the pit."

He paused, eyes sweeping over the faces of the five boys. "I think I was about your age, you know. The pit wasn't something I established - it was just called the ring, back in my day. See, I had accidentally double crossed some of the wrong people, and they..." He chuckled darkly. "Well, they didn't like that. So they tossed me in the pit. Everyone knew that was a death sentence. No one survives the pit for long, much less a scrawny seventeen-year-old boy. But I did survive, do you want to know how? I killed anyone, and everyone, who got in my way." There was a moment of silence. "And when I say everyone, I mean I escaped the pit after months of fighting and butchered every single man in that place. The police needed dental records to id them - the ones that they found, anyways.

"Now, I know what you're thinking. It's probably something along the lines of 'if we team up, we can take him'. I assure you, you can't. Because I," Damien said, slowly and methodically rolling up his left sleeve to reveal his tattoo, "am the devil himself. And personally, I would throw you in the pit to die without a second thought, but my fiancee here... she wouldn't approve, and I don't particularly enjoy sleeping on the couch. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to call Rook, so that he can witness what's about to happen. You will then plead your case, and my lovely, soon-to-be wife here will decide what to do with you. Consider yourselves lucky on that count, because I am far less merciful than she."

Pulling his phone out of his pocket, Damien quickly dialed Rook's number, the djinn appeared in the room after a short conversation. The redhead had his arms crossed, and his face was devoid of its usual playful smirk. Damien had never seen him so serious, and after years of knowing him, that was saying something.

"You know there are rules," Rook said quietly, addressing the five boys. "To being a part of this. Clearly, I overestimated your ability to follow them. But fortunately, you're young, and if you're lucky, the bossman is feeling merciful."

"Hmm, no more than usual," Damien snorted. "So one of you better start talking before I start slitting throats."

~

"That he is," Luna said with a smile. "So am I, he'll be so cute toddling around, won't you baby, hmm?" She cooed at her son, who had fallen asleep against her chest. "And now he's out like a light. Too bad he won't do that at night," She said with a fond smile. "I wish we could just have him sleep in the room with us, it would keep me from having to get up all the time. I'm not sure how it would work, though. Any ideas?"

~

Hades could feel it. The prickling discomfort that it took him several seconds to deduce wasn't his own. He realized it was Lian's, and wondered what it was that was bothering her - since they spent much time together now, he started feeling stabs of her emotions more frequently. Taking off, he glided through the air towards where she was. Hades hoped nothing was wrong, but it never hurt to be safe. Lian's father had told him that another mob boss had wanted to marry off his son to her daughter, and that he had politely refused, but it still made him prickle with jealousy at the thought of another man touching Lian as he did. He landed nearly silently outside the room he could sense Lian occupied, and froze as he caught the sent of another male. A growl rumbled in his throat. This wasn't just any man. "Wyvernkin," He snarled.

Hunter slowly shifted human struggling to his feet and looking around at the carnage surrounding them. He pocketed the ring, then, despite his own wounds, he lifted her up carefully picking his way outside. The woman who helped her woke up and followed him cautiously, her head bleeding from being slammed into the wall. "I was going to surprise you... it's our seven month anniversary... I guess dinner would have to wait until you get back on your feet. I was so... angry... I haven't felt such rage since my grandfather threatened to hurt you... " He says softly, slipping in a crimson puddle and falling on his back. He struggled to get to his feet again still carrying her. "You're light. You need more protein dear. Can't have my Hell cat unhealthy now..." 

----

Gladriel laughed before the boys had a chance to speak, biting her thumbnail. "My king of the sea, you have no idea how much of a turn on it is when you get all dark and possessive like that. I feel like I'm watching an artist paint a masterpiece more astonishing then the Sistine chapel."  She said taking his hand and kissing the scarred knuckles. "However you were fourteen when they first threw you in dear... we were still in high school then, and it was before those boys teased me. Remember the locker room thing and dad got us frozen yogurt? You were sixteen when you were stabbed and shot and I was shut away for ten years. I don't doubt what you did. And I'm kinda glad you did, otherwise I don't know where I'd be without you." She then turned to the boys, moving behind her desk once more and sat down with her hands steepled. "I don't like to be petty, and yes, I might not be much older than you are, but I do believe that I did warn you boys of the consequences. Just because you are in a gang dose not give you any right to any woman whom peeked your interest. Nor does that give you an excuse to slack on your schooling. For Pete's sake boys school just started four weeks ago and you are already failing two classes and you Damien are failing four! Consider yourselves very lucky that you I am more merciful then my beloved and that he's smart enough to know if he pisses me off he'd be not only on the couch but stuck on baby duty for the next week. Now when you plead your cases, be very careful about your word choice and know that my fiance knows my tells when I'm lying, and even if it's to cover your sorry ***'s I can't guarantee that my ruling will be fully honored. Jack Morris, you go first."

Jack was shaking when he stood up and started to relay his take on the events. He brought out the notes they were passing as evidence, his notes only saying that the teacher (Gladriel) was cute but not really his type, and made it clear that he wasn't going to involve himself in any way, but also not hold the others back. 

"Zackery Green, you're turn." She said tilting her head to the side. Zack was one who was quite, mumbled something about how their little group leader hatched the idea to go after the new art teacher for a while and he was bullied into the situation and got into trouble from getting texts in class.

"Derek Jeter..." She called the next one up. He stood there for a minute, silent. "Do you want to input anything?" She said carefully. "I ain't no rat." He grunted. "Fine, have a seat, Cody Bunting." This kid simply glared at Rook and Damien as if daring them to follow through with their threat. "Like you'd kill a kid. Kiss my a**. You and your ***** wife can suck my dic-" BAM! Gladriel slammed her fist on her desk. "Watch your tongue! I might be your teacher and more merciful then my beloved sea King, however I'll have no qualms in splitting your tongue in two like a snake if you dare utter such a pathetic and petty insult about my love or myself again! My threats are not empty Mr. Bunting, ask the werebear whom I shot, killed and had skinned for a fur coat after he had the audacity to harm my children. As a necromancer you should have no problem with such a task. Take a seat now before I change my mind about being kind to you children today." She growled eyes flashing ruby red in her anger.  The lad promptly sat. 

"Damien Morris, is the leader of this little group I guess you can say. He yanked my hair, and pinned me by the neck to my desk. Not to mention the lude gestures he's been giving me and crude drawings on his paperwork he turns in at my class makes his message quite clear of what he wants from me. I have no sympathy for this child. He acts much like my mother and the men I was given to. He has failed high school twice, and by the looks of it, will do so a third time before he turns twenty one. He's an adult now, so I'll let his sentence be up to you my love. However the others  I expect an apology from each of you and a two page essay- hand written and single space front to back- on what happened here and your evaluation of this event, your thoughts and how your attitude will change given to me to look over by Monday's detention session. Am I clear?" 

"Yes Mrs. Johnson." Four chorused with various degrees of dread. 

-------

"We can make a bed for you in the room so you don't have to get up. It's larger than my room anyway and was originally for drying herbs during the winter but I'm fine moving to that room with you and the baby. It'll only take a minute to move my nest." He suggested, thumb softly stroking Ryu's head. 

------

"Oh my, we have a visitor. Come in little dragon..."  the wyvernkin sang teasingly. Lian, smelling the calming herbs in the tea, drained her cup quickly in a effort to soothe her jitters the moment the cup entered her hands. Unaware of the fast acting love potion that was stirred in it. Once Hades entered, the wyvernkin had his wings tucked around her, her kimono sleeves were pulled from her shoulders, the caller around her elbows exposing the simple binding bra she had on under it. He pressed his nose in her neck a wicked smile on his lips as he licked her neck from shoulder to jaw. 

Her body shivered in response, instinctively knowing that this wasn't her mate, yet her foggy and muddled mind saw things differently and seemed to crave the intimate attention, her violet eyes were glazed and out of focus. "Such a lovely little treat you have dragon. Pity, I thought you would have mated with her by now, but she still holds that sweet innocent smell of a virgin. Hard to come by these days and to find one who tastes as delicious as she smells is a gem indeed. Although there's a small snag..." He traced the mark on her neck with a claw making her shudder. "This will have to go. She was smart enough to mix your blood into the ink, so it won't be easy to get off. Unfortunately it must be cut... that'll scar but it's hidden under her hair. And look..." He purred. "She's all wrapped up like a lovely gift... I can't wait to open it up... she'd be a lovely addition to my herm." He teased nipping her ear, drawing blood and making her turn scarlet with a sigh  and a tiny smile on her lips eye lids fluttering. 

"My potion is made to get lovely delicious girls in a heat like state... they won't be able to keep up with me otherwise..." He purred and winked. "It'll take a little more than a kiss to break my spell dragon. I'm not convinced you're man enough to bite her... Such a sweet little bun bun, so fragile and delicate like a desert flower...."  He cooed placing a loud and hungry kiss on Lian's lips. One might say he's too cocky for his own good, but he wanted to egg Hades on until he snapped and attacked. 

((I'm alive 😮))

Brienna was relieved that Hunter had decided to carry her out - she probably could have walked, but it would have been both painful and painstaking. She had shifted back into her human form before he had picked her up, to make things easier, though it also revealed the true extent of her injuries. She let out a soft grunt when he slipped, hitting the ground and jarring her injuries. "It's okay, Hunter, it wasn't your fault. It was those scientists. Please don't blame yourself, baby," She said, reaching up to press a gentle hand to his face. "We'll do a rain check on dinner, but I could go for a meat lover's pizza and a movie."

~

Damien already had a pretty good idea of who the instigators - the truly guilty parties - were, and he knew that it wasn't the first three. They were cowards, yes, but with some guidance and Rook's authority he was fairly sure they'd turn out alright. Cody, however, was more of a problem - Rook had complained about him before, but Damien held his tongue as Galadriel interogated them herself. "If I may interject," He said smoothly, before she called the last boy. I truly hope, Jeter, that you know you're treading on very thin ice. One more incident like this, and, well... I won't be quite as merciful. Now, Gala, who's the last one?"

He listened as she explained, eyes growing steadily colder. "Your punishment for those four is too lenient, Gala, but I did say it was your decision. Rook, make sure they get home once I'm finished, give them a few of the less-desirable duties, and keep an eye on them. Make sure they don't cross the line."

"Sure thing, boss," Rook said, looking relieved that Damien had spared the younger four.

"No, Rook, thank you. I'll take care of this one personally," Damien said smoothly, eying the younger Damien in distaste. "Pity I got such a disappointment as a namesake." He waited until Rook had escorted out the four boys before focusing on Damien. "Well, what to do with you? Rook said you were promising, but even he makes mistakes, I suppose. It really is a pity, Damien, that you couldn't understand the meaning of the word no. You could have been a good member, but instead..." Damien pursed his lips, watching as the younger Damien stood, eyeing him and Gala with absolute loathing. "I guess I'll have to get rid of you. If you don't die in the pit, I'll come down there and kill you myself. The rest of you, take this as your warning. I hear of this happening again, and you'll get an up close and personal encounter with the fighters in the pit. Rook, you can take those four and go."

Rook merely nodded, the four boys that had managed to escape the brunt of Damien's wrath quickly grabbing their things and following Rook out of the classroom. Damien had already dialed Brentwood, informing him that there would be a pit contestant waiting in the school for him. "How do you know I won't just run?" The younger Damien sneered.

"Because you won't be able to," Damien said coolly, pulling a gun and firing two silenced shots - one in each leg. The younger Damien let out an agonized scream, and Damien pulling the phone from his pocket went unnoticed. He was still on the phone with Brentwood. "He'll be in Gala's room, I doubt he'll be going anywhere. I'll lock the door nonetheless." Once receiving confirmation that there would be men there to take care of the situation within minutes, Damien hung up the phone, immune to the younger Damien's pained whimpers and groans. He pressed a gentle hand to the small of her back, urging her out of the room. "C'mon, love. We can pick up dinner on the way home."

~

((I'm running out of ideas for them sorry))

"That's a good idea," Luna agreed, smiling at Craven. "Did you want to hold him? He loves it when you do, considering you're always able to get him to quiet down at night. He loves his dad."

~

Hades didn't need the invitation to come inside, snarling at the sight of another male - a wyvernkin, none the less - touching Lian in a way no one should. Her scent was nearly overwhelming, the air thick with the smell of desire. He suspected that she had been drugged, put under the influence of some sort of love potion. "Unlike your brute of a breed, my kind wait for our mate's permission before we become intimate with them," He snarled, bringing himself to his full height, wings flared out in an open display of dominance. "You dare touch my mate? Draw her blood? I will kill you for this," Damien growled, and it was only by great self-control that wreaths of fire did not consume the room. He let out a bellowing roar when the wyvernkin pressed his lips to Lian's, fiery tendrils snapping around him as he strode towards the wyvernkin, grabbing him by the throat and slamming him back into the wall. Hades' eyes were a deadly, burning red, his arms encased in fire that licked painfully against the wyvernkin's exposed human skin. "You wish for death, then? I can grant you that." 

Then the two were scuffling, flashes of fire and claws and teeth, the violent fight sending them crashing out the window and plummetting towards the streets below. Hades' wings caught the wind, sending the two of them shooting back upwards as he gained the upper hand, one hand enclosed around the wyvernkin's neck again. He steered them on to the roof, where the wyvernkin writhed underneath him, struggling for breath and littered with burns.

"Enough!" A sharp voice was enough to pull Hades back, and his eyes shot up to see another, older, wyvernkin striding towards them, looking furious. "Release my son."

"After he tried to take my mate for himself?" Hades asked with a snarl. "You know the law, I am well within my rights to kill him for his actions."

"I know all about my son's misdeeds, but unless you want to bring unwanted problems to your mate and her father, you will release him. I will punish him, rest assured, but killing him, no matter the intent, is an act of war. So release him, and return to your mate. No more blood needs to be shed today," He said.

Hades gave a snarl, slamming the wyvernkin down one last time before pushing himself off. "Fine. But if he comes anywhere near her ever again, you can rest assured that I will kill him."

He took off, swooping back into Lian's room, where she fortunately still remained. "Lian?" He asked, approaching her cautiously. "Are you okay? Did he harm you?"

"Right after I get you fixed up.. " He said stumbling over rubble and to a van that he hadn't demolished or was shot with bullets.  The members of his pack gathered what was salvageable for medical equipment from the place and set to work patching members up. Hunter took care of Brienna himself,  carefully cleaning her wounds and patching her up.  Once finished he took her home, ordered a pizza and put on her favorite movie. 

((Bring these two to the present? ))

----

Gladriel's lips curled into a snarl as she yanked her Damien's tie tighter and pulled his face low. "You Neanderthal! I'm not the only teacher here that stays late! The janitor still is here and how am I going to explain blood on the floor?! Think your actions through especially when it involves me. You're on the couch tonight for your stupidity Damien Johnson! You're damned lucky the English teacher blasts ode to joy on the bottom floor of the other side of the school, after school activities are being held outside today, band practice is quite loud and the janitor is deaf!  You're also lucky your men move quickly. " She snorted loosening his tie so it doesn't choke him before grabbing her purse, jacket and keys. She looked at the kid on her floor. "I warned you. And if you think I'm the type of person that'll feel sorry for you, pity you, don't.  I would've be the one who would ended your life if you had attacked me outside of school. Student or not. Try to stay alive in the Pit. It'll be pathetic if you don't live up to the name you bare. " She then turned on her heal and sauntered out of the classroom, locking the door and placing the key on top of the door for Brentwood and company before heading out into the car without a look back to see if her husband to be was following. 

----

Craven gladly took Ryu cooing at him softly. "I'm glad he does. I was good with his namesake too. Pa couldn't get my little brother to sleep at all unless I held him.  I'll go into town tomorrow to see if the shop has any mail. I wonder if your brother would visit us with Boston..." 

-----

Lian smacked him after stomping up to Hades. Then she winced like it hurt herself to hit him. "How dare you take him away from me! And look at my room!" She waved to the feathers flying everywhere and stuffing from the couches and pillows that got slashed in the quick fray and her kimono, still low on her arms, now cut to ribbons on one sleeve from trying to pull them apart. Her carpet was scorched in places, her changing screen had a smoldering hole in it along with smashed screen. A few patches of wallpaper were blacked too, mostly where the wyvernkin was pinned. 

Her eyes still glazed. Still under his spell. "Give him back! And you better not have hurt him or else I'll do the same to you, you monster! " once more she flinched at the word. "Where is he? Where is my lover?" She growled at him. Her smell was still intoxicating, smelling like dragon pheromones. She touched her ear feeling some pain, now that the wyvernkin wasn't in direct contact with her, it wasn't as potent but still effective. "I'm bleeding? Argh! It's so hot in here too..." she turned her back to clean up letting the sleeves slide off her arms, only the waist sash holding it up now. The tattoo of her wings were fully exposed and simmered in the light. "This isn't the kind of mess I wanted in my room." She huffed voice almost like a succubus. "Were is he? Xero would never leave me alone." 

Brienna was right as rain after a couple days, though Hunter's almost paranoid attention following the mad scientist fiasco was very nearly maddening. She doubted he would let her out of his sight ever again, all things considered. She stretched, feeling her muscles pull leisurely taut. She had been lounging in the rays of sun that streamed in from the window, leaving her warm and slightly sleepy. She headed to the kitchen for a snack, running her hand briefly through Hunter's hair as she passed.

((I TS'd, not sure what story arc we want to do next))

~

Damien grimaced, feeling the tie tighten like a noose around his neck. "I knew that already, love. I'm surprised you thought I wasn't monitoring the school to make sure its safe. The janitor is one of mine, though to be fair he is actually deaf and only an informant. He's no warrior, I doubt he could fight his way out of a paper bag." He rubbed his neck, casting one more look at the boy who was still moaning on the floor before quickly following after Galadriel. He wouldn't put it past her to lock him in the room, considering how pissed she was with him at the moment. He saw several of his men pulling in as he followed her to the parking lot. "I'm sorry, love, but I knew what I was doing. I wouldn't have endangered your job, I didn't get to the top only to make juvenile mistakes like that. I'm sorry, though. Really."

~

"I think you're just great with babies," Luna said with a smile, watching with a loving gaze as he interacted with her - their - son. Ryu gurgled happily, stretching out a small pudgy hand to pat Craven's face. "I can write him a letter, see if he'll stop by with his mate and foal. It would be nice to have some company. I love it out here, but I do miss socializing."

~

Hades barely reacted when Lian smacked him - it wasn't hard, like her instincts rebelled against the action. He took a breath, inhaling her tantalizing scent. It was even more potent that usual, and she was giving out pheromones that had a scent identical to a dragoness at the very height of her heat. It called to the most primal parts of himself, pulling him closer to her without realizing he had even moved. "Xero is not your mate," He growled, tail snaking around Lian's waist and pulling her to his chest, her bare skin pressed against his own. It was his instincts that told him to kiss her, instincts that told him nipping her lip just enough to draw blood would break the power the rival male had over her. He tasted the rusty tang against his tongue and let out a growl that rumbled deep in his chest. "Mine."

((I forgot what we had planned... XD ))

Hunter indeed kept her close, annoying her with apologies and waiting on her hand and foot until her wounds healed properly, all the while ignoring his own. His tail waged as she walked by him lounging on a chair sideways, reading a book. He had a reading monocle on his one good eye looking silly but because he was getting older and the damage to his other eye it was unfortunately prescribed by the eye doctor. It still held the violet color, seeming to switch between pale lilac to rich plum depending on his mood. Today it was more in the middle, a stark, beautiful, pure violet. 

"Another week and you head back in for work right?" He asked softly. "Would you want to have our dinner before you go back? Or would you like to have a day with Gladriel and Lian...?. I know I've been... overbearing but... I almost lost you thrice-" his voice cracked and he blinked looking at the ceiling to stop the tears. "My heart can't bare another attempt on your life. I know you're strong but your still my mate, my only one and my all..... " He fell silent leaving the sentence hanging open for interpretation. 

---

Gladriel sighed slipping into the car. "And here I thought I was doing something away from your influence. Should have known you wouldn't let me out of your sight. You're intelligent too... stupid handsome blubber butt. Stop giving me those sad seal pup eyes..." she grumbled getting into the car. Once he was inside with her she once again grabbed his tie and pulled him close to her but this time for a passionate kiss. "But I am glad you came immediately. I would hate to hurt my own students even in self defense... " she said softly kissing the tip of his nose. "Let's go home. I'm sure Lily would love to talk about babysitting Jupiter today." She did up her seat belt ready to go home. "I'm sorry about snapping, I just had to look tough you know? I am a mobsters wife to be... we need a wedding day set too."

---

Craven's face appeared happy, but his chocolate eyes grew sad. "I'm sorry dear. I'm not used to city life and I have been quite restrictive these last few weeks... how about tomorrow you go into town and work at the shop? I can keep this little one company," he said kissing Ryu's palm pretending to eat it making omnomnom noises briefly before continuing what he was saying. "- and you can send your letter on your way home. I'd love to see if he can bring your brother too. I'd really like to meet him. Considering I am a traditionalist at heart, and your mother made it clear that she doesn't want me near you so your father would be the same view fearing her mighty wrath.." He chuckled at that, blowing the baby's human belly button. "The next one to inherit the family name is the one who can give his blessing. I'd like to get his acceptance before we take the steps of officially announcing our mateship." He looked over at her worried. "Is that okay Luna-boona?"

---

Lian struggling in his grip, growling mimicking a corned dog, however when skin touched skin she leaned into him shivering then the kiss happened. Before she knew it, he had nipped her lip causing it to bleed slightly. Melting into his warm body, growl bubbling over to a content cat's purr she wrapped her arms around his waist, humming softly at his possessive growl. 

Once the kiss broke so did the spell. The shy look returned to her sweet face, flushed crimson with embarrassment at her current state of undress plus how close they were, however his tail covered the sleeves of her ruined kimono so she settled for undoing her hair and covering her face with her hands. 

"Oh merciful Buddha, what have I done? That wretch! " then she snarled a colorful array of draconian curses about the wyvernkin. "Hades.. He... He touched me.. kissed me! Oh what a nightmare! Horrible, horrible nightmare! It was like I was trapped in a foggy glass cage, I had no control over my actions... and... " she started crying. "I am sorry! I'm sorry, I knew something was odd, he smelled like you but sour, and I thought his wings were a cape, I realized too late! And, and I called you a mon-... monst- ... you know, and hit you..... Oh gods I hit you! Are you okay? Are you hurt my king?" She sobbed clinging to him pressing against his chest. "M-my life.... my l-love... My Shadow King..." She said the last bit in draconian while hiccuping. 

((I don't remember either rip XD Also I'm responding quickly??? Crazy))

"Right," Brienna confirmed, pausing and shooting him a reassuring smile. "We can do both - just on different days. We could have dinner the day before, and I'll get together with Galadriel and Lian some day before that." Sensing his distress, she walked back over to Hunter, pressing a kiss to his forehead and running her hand through his hair again. "You won't lose me. If it makes you feel better, how about you start teaching me how to fight properly? That way, if something ever happens, I'll be able to fight back as a human and as a scary saber-toothed cat," She suggested, massaging his scalp gently. "Besides, you putting your life on the line all the time scares me too. But I think that's part of love."

~

"Don't let it worry you, love. I'm not doing it because I don't trust you, or because I don't think you can do anything on your own. I just want to make sure that I have someone there if something does happen," Damien said, letting out a surprised grunt when Galadriel pulled him in for a passionate kiss. It took mere moments for him to respond, already pulling her closer in order to deepen the kiss further, but too soon she pulled away. "You're going to be the death of me, Gala," Damien said, giving her a smile. "From what I've heard from Rook, the two of them are getting along quite well." He started the car, buckling his own seatbelt. "Apology accepted. And you're free to set the date for whenever you'd like. Perhaps in the spring?"

~

"Hey, hey, it's alright," Luna assured him, smiling as Ryu giggled. "How about we all go? We could get a little something for Ryu, go to some of the shops, and send my letter." She too chuckled lightly at his words. "You're mostly right. I think he wants me to be happy, but he doesn't want to go against my mother's wishes, either. So speaking to my brother would be the way to go. I'm sure Boston would like to visit too, maybe he'll bring his family also. We'd have a full house," She said with a smile. "But that sounds great, Craven."

~

"It's okay, it's okay," Hades soothed, holding Lian to his chest. "It wasn't your fault, I don't blame you. And he'll never bother you again, I made sure of that," He said softly, pressing a kiss to the crown of her head. His wings wrapped around her like a cocoon, making a safe, warm space. "I'm fine, you're fine, it'll be alright," He murmured, a soothing purr rumbling from deep in his throat. "You should change, and I can take you back to my home if you'd like," Hades offered. He knew that Lian would probably prefer to keep close to him, especially after what just happened. "I need to tell your father what's going on," He told her softly. "We should talk to him once you get cleaned up. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to, but I need to tell him what happened."

((Three days? Wow that is crazy! I'm sure we could get something interesting going if we put our minds together.))

"I already stopped that life..." He showed her the book he was reading. It was from the police academy. "I've enrolled in to the academy... I wanted to tell you the day you got abducted.  I will start teaching you, however if there's a way to stop your transformation, I'll teach you, but I'd also feel better if you carried a weapon of some sort. I'm not the most liked person right now, I've turned down five high end assassination jobs from political people and drug lords this past two weeks alone. I'm sure I pissed them off and they are the kind of people who would exploit any weakness I have. Three times you got hurt or kidnapped because I wasn't strong enough to protect you... I feel useless. " His ears flattened. "Then I lost my temper and became the very monster I didn't want to be... I'm sorry to say I am more temperamental now then I was before. I broke my desk at the academy because my partner kept annoying me by poking a pen through the hole in my ear and giggling like a middle school girl at a Justin beber concert. I'm afraid of what I might do if I lose it again. I don't want to go berserk.... "

-----

"Hmm, when the cherry blossoms bloom in that Chinese garden. I always wanted to get married there surrounded by beautiful cherry blossoms and my loved ones. " She mused wistfully. "Ah, yes! I've heard the same from Lily. I'm so glad that Rook is taking good care of her. She's been abused far, far longer than I have and he apparently takes her to were ever she wants to go around the world. She's given me ideas for a honeymoon too. " Gladriel smiled and winked at Damien. "Hopefully I won't be the death of you. You know if aliens chose me to repopulate a planet and I had a chose a man from earth to do so, I'd definitely chose you my dear.  It might be a few hundred years, but I'm sure we'll have lots and lots of children." She giggled. "I'm sure you'll be just fine with that love... since tuck is at a friend's house, the girls at a slumber party, kai is being watched by Waylond and his wife, I'm sure Lily would love to take Jupiter home tonight if Rook is busy with the kids from today... maybe we could.... " she leaned over and lightly blew on his ear before whispering softly "make it official?" She pulled back and started to text Lily with a giggle knowing that the red blooded male silky wouldn't say no to that. 

----

"Okay, Andrew and his family are going on a trip for a few days, so I thought we can take turns watching the shop when he's gone. It wouldn't hurt for the little dragon to see human things too so when he starts walking around he won't get spooked by the noises." He said thoughtfully. It will get them all away from the house for a few hours at least. And a baby centaur is a rarely seen occurrence. "Hehe, he could test out some baby toys I've been working on, see if he likes some of them!" 

------

"Y.. yeah, I want to be around you. I'd feel safer. " she said. Once released she rang a bell and two witches came inside looking startled by the mess and in maid uniforms. "I'm sorry about the mess, can you clean it up please? And Aura could you burn this kimono and pack a bag for me please? Hades, father is at the conference room on the floor above mine, two rooms down. The window should be open. It's a squeeze but you'll fit I think." She said heading into the private bathroom throwing the kimono out of the doorway once out of sight before closing it quickly. 

((I AM ON A ROLL))

Brienna grinned. "No kidding! I'm so proud of you, Hunter, that's so exciting! You should teach me both human ways and better ways I can fight as a cat. I'll carry a weapon too, if you think it'll help. None of what happened was your fault," She soothed. "We'll find a way to figure this out. Whatever happens, we'll get through it together. You'll get control again. I know you will," Brienna said, swinging herself into the chair to straddle him. "You won't lose it again, okay? You won't." She pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. "I believe in you. And that monocle makes you look very distinguished, by the way."

~

"We'll do it when the cherry blossoms bloom, then," Damien said with a smile. "They're good together. He seems more cheerful than usual, from when I've seen him. You know what we should do soon? A barbecue. Get Waylond, Rook, Brentwood, Strange, the whole crew. It would be fun. Invite Hunter, Brienna, Hades, and Lian, too," He said thoughtfully, before laughing. "I don't know what reality would lead to that situation, but I'm flattered." His eyes widened slightly, feeling Galadriel's breath fan over his ear, and he cleared his throat. "I, uh, absolutely. As long as you're comfortable with it. I don't want you to feel like you're pressured to do anything."

~

"That's a good point," Luna said with a nod. "Yeah, we can do all those things! I think it'll be good for him to see the world. There's so much good it has to offer, you know?" She asked excitedly, and Ryu babbled at that moment in such a way that it could have been seen as an agreement. Luna giggled. "See, even Ryu thinks so."

~

((I sped through the conversation with her dad to keep the story moving, hope that's okay))

"Of course," Hades said, allowing her to leave his protective embrace. Lian called for two maids, who looked slighly shocked at the mess inside. He gave them an apologetic look as Lian spoke. "Alright, I'll be back in a few minutes," He said, leaving through the window. He climbed instead of flying, squeezing into the window that she had told him about. Her father looked surprised, but after Hades launched into his quick explanation, her father was just as angry. "She can stay with me for a while, I asked her and that's what she'd like to do. Lian will be safe with me," He said, leaving once her father had agreed. He returned to Lian's room, finding the two witches hard at work. Even with the aid of magic, the room was a bit of a disaster and would take a while to restore. "Let me know when you're ready to leave," He said to Lian, not wanting her to feel rushed. However, he had the feeling that she would likely want to be out of the room as soon as possible.

(( WHOOP! Whoop! WHOOP! Whoop! *fist pump*))

Hunter raised an eyebrow and set the book down on the floor. "Glad you believe in me so much my love. Really? If I could grow a mustache I would. I had a beard once too but the Dire pack frowns on facial hair, the hair can easily come out and with DNA these days makes it difficult to "clean up" after the jobs. So they kept waxing my face until it stopped growing." He said with a pout. "But, I do look handsome and my lovely kitty likes my baby smooth skin." He kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her and rubbing the back of her neck.

----

"Thats a wonderful idea!" She smiled at the thought of a barbeque with old and new friends. "No, I'm ready now. The ring is gone, I had my baby, I love you Damien. I want to be with you. I know you'll be gentle and sweet. Since I found out about your skin compelling you to do what the holder wants, I've been trying to steal it and make you do a magic Mike dance for me but you are hardly home and rarely seen without it, even around the house! Then the kids and the baby need attention so we have little time together for anything romantic...." She teased looking shy although her pink rosé wine colored eyes said she wasn't as she nibbled her thumb nail. A ding alerted her to her phone. "Lily is gone. She made sure she took Leo the lion seal from jj's crib. Apparently she gets cranky if she's put down for a nap without it lately... So, one day let's go to the beach. It's California so it's not really chilly right now in the water and I've got a feeling JJ is going to have her first shift soon."

---

Craven laughed when Ryu 'agreed'. "Well then it's settled. The three of us will go into town tomorrow to work at the shop for a little bit and then explore the town. I'd like to see the dinner you worked at while pregnant... and see stores other than my shop, the herb store and the tack place for a change. " He huffed. "Daddy became a goose, always following the same path huh?" He cooed at the two month old in his arms, shifting from hoof to hoof gently rocking the child. 

----

Lian's scent was even stronger. She smelled like cherry blossoms and lotus, dragon pheromones and damp hair. She had showered, dressed in another smaller kimono and arranging a few last items in a single bullet proof suitcase. She snapped it shut. "Now. Thanks again ladies for the hard work on my room. I'll be gone for about two weeks possibly three so it should be enough time for repairs. If not let me know." She bowed politely and grabbed a box with a ribbon tied around it. She then stood in front of Hades unsure how they are going to fly out with her things and him holding her. 

((I'm on mobile, sorry for any mistakes))

Brienna giggled at Hunter, humming in satisfaction when he wrapped his arms around her as they kissed. She spoke once they broke apart. "I like you without a beard. Though I'm sure you'd look handsome either way." She pressed a kiss to his forehead with an affectionate smile. "You always look handsome to me."

~

Damien barked out a laugh, amusement in his eyes as he drove. "You're free to have sole possession of my skin tonight, then. I live you please you, love." He continued chuckling as Galadriel checked her phone. "That's good. I guess we know what her first transformation may be, huh? We can go whenever you'd like, just let me know when so I can put it into my schedule." He drove down their neighborhood street, reaching out to lace his fingers with hers. "I love you. I'm glad you trust me."

~

"Tomorrow it is!" Luna said with an excited smile, watching with a loving gaze as Craven rocked with Ryu. "I want to go for a little walk, would you like to come? Ryu is invited too, of course," She joked, amusement on her face.

~

Hades arrived back just as Lian was giving last instructions to the two maids. She was completely packed, and the shower she had taken had done nothing if not made her scent even stronger. Hades' instincts were going wild, but he tactfully ignored them, instead addressing one of the maids. "Can you send her suitcase to my home?"

"Of course," She said, looking a little intimidated. "What's the address?"

Once he had given the young witch his address, she snapped her fingers and the suitcase disappeared with a small pop. "Thank you." He addressed Lian. "It'll be in my house. Easier to do it that way instead of carrying it." He then easily picked Lian up, ensuring that she was comfortable and secure, her legs wrapped tightly around his torso. Satisfied, he took off, both arms wrapped around her as he flew back to his home. It took most of his concentration to stay focused on flying rather than on the delicious scent that she was emitting right under his nose. He had circled his mountain three times before he had realized where he was, and landing with a thump he contented himself with keeping Lian in his hold until they had entered his home. Her suitcase was laying on his bed, and it was only once he was in the middle of the room that he reluctantly set Lian down onto the solid ground once more.

((Hopefully you're having a good time! ))

"That's good to hear. Even scarred and irritable I'm glad you'll still see me as me. And I always think you're beautiful my dear. Even in sweatpants and a bed head. I actually find that the most wonderful thing to wake up to. "He said holding her close to him humming softly out of tune. "I've been thinking about getting a glass eye... so I don't have to wear the eye patch. Or a cornea transplant... what do you think?"

-------

"Well, it'll be a seal of some kind. Although I'd rather be certain. How about around labor day in September?  It's a three day weekend for the kids...." when they got home she grinned getting out and let her hair down. She went to his side, opened the door and pulled him out before pulling him inside the house. She kissed him as she shut the door with her heel. "Hand it over gorgeous..." she purred tugging lightly at his sleeve.  

Over time, the sun had set and the stars came to life. 

Gladriel covered herself in his jacket going downstairs for a platter of finger foods they could eat together and once again joined Damien handing him a cold cut sandwich made how he liked, a plate of strawberries and his favorite ice cream. She had another plate too with the sandwich she likes, and a different kind of ice cream. 

-------

Craven nodded carefully holding Ryu with one arm and Luna's hand in the other as they walked into the forest. "Luna? I've been thinking... .....maybe  you weren't the only one who survived the fire. You think maybe, just maybe my brother could be alive?"

---

Lian headed over to her suitcase, lifting it from the bed. She then shivered at the strong smell of leather, musk and pure manliness that was Hades's scent. She paused for a long moment trying to calm her rapid heart beat by using the breathing instructions for her meditation, however each deep breath brought more shivers and..... a craving she couldn't quite name. Shaking her head, she set the case by his wardrobe and opened the box displaying multicolored lotus flower cookies stacked up by the dozens in the box. She pulled out one and walked back over to Hades holding it up so he can take a bite from it. "I made these for you. I thought you can share them with people from your work...." 

Idea: drunk Hunter, gala, lily and company watching a horror movie like Hunter like "dude..... that's way to much blood." Lilly : "This is just making me thirsty..." gala: "why don't the girls just stick a knife in the butt so the stupid killer can't move! Why is she tripping is there some invisible wire?!" Lian: *nopeing under Hades' wing. "I wanted to watch mulan!"

((that's super funny and I 100000% support doing that))

"Please, you're not that irritable," Brienna said with a laugh. "To me, anyway. Everyone else is another story, but you've always been nothing short of sappy with me." She pressed a kiss to Hunter's jawline as he hummed slightly out of tune much to her bemusement. "Glass eye would be kinda freaky, but a cornea transplant would be cool. Then you'd be able to see out of both eyes again! I'll support you no matter which you choose, though. Weird glass eye or not." She pressed another kiss, this one to his eyepatch, for good measure.

~

"Labor Day sounds great. Let's not tell the kids quite yet, though, I don't want them to get too distracted from their schoolwork for being too excited." He laughed as Gala pulled him out of the car, cupping her face as she kissed him, dimly aware of the door shutting behind them - her doing, no doubt. He shrugged off the jacket, handing it over willingly. "Gladly, beautiful."

Damien sat up, the sheet slipping downwards on his bare chest as Gala slipped out of bed, covered by his jacket. He wondered what she was up to, but when she returned a few minutes later with food the question was answered. "You spoil me, gorgeous," He murmured, pressing a lazy kiss to her forehead before taking a bite of his sandwich. "Thank you. You should wear my coat more often," Damien said with a wink, his free hand slipping idly behind the coat towards the bare skin underneath. "I love you."

~

Luna walked in silence alongside Craven for a while, Ryu occasionally cooing from his place in Craven's arm, and she smiled at the sound. Craven's question gave her pause, both thoughtful and surprised at the question. "I don't know. It's possible, I mean, there was so much chaos that he could have gotten out and I wouldn't have known, but I just don't know. We can certainly look, if that's what you want, but I don't want you to get your hopes up too much, because there's also the possibility that he... didn't make it," She said softly, after several moment's deliberation. "But like I said, if you want to go look for Ryu because you believe there's a chance that he made it out, then I'm with you one-hundred percent. I'd be just as thrilled if he made it out."

~

Hades caught the shift in Lian's pulse, and the subtle change in scent. It was one that he pinpointed almost instantly, mainly because his instincts gave another roar. It was longing, for lack of a more appropriate word, one that he shared. Like Lian, however, he shook off the feeling, smiling as she padded back over to him with a box of cookies. "Thank you," He said, taking a bite of the offered cookie and moaning slightly. "Mmm. This is delicious." He finished the rest of it before taking the box from her, placing it on the counter in his small kitchen. "What would you like to do?" He asked. "My house isn't huge, but I have a TV and such, towards the back."

"Well, they have some wolfkin eyes. It'll be hard to find one the same color as mine that's compatible though. I'd like to see you clearly, and the police academy said I need one of those two to become a full fledged policeman. I think it's stupid. I love the patch you gave me, and I think it makes me look like a bad ass. I shot a perfect score at the range and they said I can graduate early if I could get one of those two things. "

------

Gladriel grinned and kissed his cheek tenderly. "Always my love. I want to spoil you. You know, I should... it looks good on me, so do you. I love you too baby. "She said kissing his jaw and snuggling up to him and eating her meal. 

------

"I know I shouldn't get my hopes up. But... I can't help but think that maybe.... just maybe he's alive. I've always felt that way... mostly because the thought of him being gone was just too painful. We were close siblings. Did everything together. If he isn't alive.... well I know some moved back to the area after the fire and buried the bodies they found. I just need closure. If he isn't, I want to visit his grave. " He said lifting the baby up higher so little Ryu can see the butterflies they disturbed by walking through the tall grass. 

----

"I think a movie would be nice..." she says turning around and taking a few steps away from him before stopping again. Another shiver, and a curse came from her as she yanked out the hair pin and letting it cascade down to the floor. "No." Her voice sounded different, full of longing and instinctual hunger. "Hades my king, it might be this infernal spell bringing my emotions to light, but I don't want to just sit around. Not with your delicious smell everywhere that drives me up the wall! I want you." She turned around and faced him. "I've been fighting instinct since I was kidnapped with that werecat and siren. " she said stalking towards him and  kicked the back of his legs hard enough to make his knees buckle so he was more on her level. She grabbed his horns pushing his head back. "I know you are fighting it too. Don't. Don't fight it anymore. I want to be only yours. Your queen of darkness, your Persephone...." she whispers kissing him deeply. 

"Then choose whichever you'd like. I'm sure you'll look handsome either way," Brienna said, running her hand through his hair. "Do you know where you'd like to be stationed once you graduate? Here, or perhaps somewhere else? We could move out to somewhere out of the way just like you've always wanted," She said, kissing his cheek. "But I'll be happy wherever, as long as I'm with you.

~

"I love you. How did I get so lucky, hmm?" Damien asked, smiling at her lovingly. "I would split heaven and earth for you, you know that? You and JJ have me wrapped around your little fingers, as the saying goes. But I wouldn't have it any other way."

~

"Then let's go. If it puts your mind at ease, then looking doesn't hurt. I'm just concerned for you being crushed again, like you lost him all over again, if it doesn't pan out," Luna said softly. "Either way, little Ryu can see his namesake. Even if he won't understand the significance for a few more years yet." She rubbed her hand gently over Ryu's head, which was already turning into a small forest of dark curls. The baby paid no mind to this, squealing as he reached out for the colorful butterflies that fluttered around him.

~

Hades stood frozen for a moment, only snapping back to reason when Lian brought him to his knees (quite literally). He groaned, knowing his instincts would no longer be repressed. His kiss, when he returned it, was just as fierce, dominating and desperate. His eyes were dark as he looked down at her, hand threading through her hair. "Mate," He growled in draconian, lifting her easily and bringing her to the bed, wings curling protectively around her. "As you wish."

"I think I'll get a transplant. I want to see auras clearly again. Yours is so beautiful... like a sunset on snow capped mountains. This rosy halo that makes me feel like I'm engaged to an angel. But since I lost my eye, it's more like a pink tint in fog.  My own is like dusk, deep purples, blues and reds. Opposite to yours, but nothing goes better than day and night. Nobody can survive without sun and moon. " He said with a hum. He loved his hair being played with. He was such a dog sometimes. 

-------

"I know my silkie. I would do the same. I'd fight to my last breath to stay by your side. And don't forget Tina and Rose Love. If I were to choose that day, so many years ago, to save my father or save you.... I know this may sound heartless but- I'll choose you. My dad was pushing two hundred, his life mate left him and I was old enough to be on my own. But I know my dad. He wouldn't let me pick him. He knew before we did that we were mates. " she leaned against his shoulder. "When mom demanded a divorce, the spark in his eyes disappeared. Course they didn't have much money to go through with the legality. So, he knows the agony of losing a soul mate. I don't know what I would do without you in my life. " she got teary eyed. "My world would be dull and grey without you in it."

----

"My hopes are not that high. But it doesn't hurt to look. He could have a mate, and children, or he could truly be running in the great fields of heaven. You survived. Ryu was clever. He could have figured out a way of escape. We'll start packing tonight after our walk." He said smiling at the baby. Then he started humming All the Pretty Little Horses lullaby. 

----

"Mate..." She mimicked purring at the meaning and the sound of the word in draconian. The word sounded tender, less like rocks rubbing together with a chest growl accompanying it. She returned his desire filled kiss with one of her own, enjoying the feeling of claws softly bushing her and the smell of leather that was his wings.    ...  ...   ...

She was tired, but warm despite the chilly cave. Sleepily drawing stars on his chest with her fingers, she did a soft trill that was both musical and almost rhythmic. " My wings. My sky. My mate." she said with a yawn as if translating the language of the birds to him. Snuggling as close as she could possibly get to soak in his natural body heat, she fell asleep. 

Lian woke up the next morning, wrapped up in his wings and close to him. She yawned then smiled seeing him so peaceful when the events of the previous day came rushing back. Her eyes widened and her face turned deep red when she realized what exactly happened and the current state of dress... or rather... lack of on herself. Biting her tounge so she wouldn't make a peep, she carefully slipped from his embrace and gathered new clothing wincing as her back brushed the blankets or the silk robe she tried to cover herself with. Gathering her toiletries she slipped into the bathroom for a shower. Her showers take a while without help because of her hair, and she had Luke warm water on her back. It felt so inflamed although there was no forecast for thunderstorms. A sharp stab of pain made her scream a bit in agony as she collapsed in the shower wimpering. 

In horror she saw blood go down the drain as something heavy and very painful rested on her back, she assumed it was the shower curtain she nocked over. She turned off the water wimpering as the pain turned to terrible itching.  "H- Hades?!"

"Do whatever makes you happy. I wish I could see your aura. I'm not surprised yours looks like the dusk, it just... makes sense." Brienna smiled, knowing that her fingers in his hair was lulling Hunter as she started gently rubbing his scalp. "We should take a nap together."

~

"I'm not forgetting them, love. Far from it. But you hold my heart in your hands, no one else." He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer. "Mates are sacred. It is sad that your mother could never appreciate what she had, but I promise that I will always be there for you. I fought my way out of hell for you once, and I would do it again without question." He brushed away her tears with a thumb. "Shh, don't cry. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere. And neither are you, as long as I can help it."

~

"Let's hope for the former, then," Luna said. "I agree, Ryu was clever and cool in a crisis. If he had the chance to escape, he would have. We'll look, and if we don't find him, then we can trust that he's resting easy in the fields of heaven. Perhaps along our search we can stop and see Boston, his wife, and their foal. We haven't seen him since before Ryu was born, and I'm sure he'd appreciate the visit."

~

Hades loved her. He loved her so much that he'd split heaven and earth, kill a hundred thousand men, if it meant he got to stay with her, hold her in his arms, forever. Lian was bliss, his drug, and he hummed contentedly as she traced patterns against his skin. Knowing she was likely chilly - as even though the cool didn't bother him, he could feel the contrast of temperature in the cave - Hades drew her closer, eventually slipping off to sleep.

Hades roused slightly when Lian stirred and slipped out of bed, but stayed in his drowsy, half-asleep state until he heard her scream from the bathroom. He shot upwards, making it to the bathroom in record time to where Lian laid in the bathtub, a pile of tangled limbs, hair, and... wings? He could smell the tang of blood in the air from where the wings had pushed out from her back. Considering their activities from the night before, he knew for a fact that the closest things she had to wings were the tattoos on her back, but it seemed a real-life version of those tattoos had taken its place. "Are you hurt?" He asked, scooping her up and placing her gently on her feet, tail wrapping worriedly around her waist to keep you steady. Fortunately, besides the blood that had flowed from her back, she seemed otherwise unharmed. "You're alright. You sort of... grew wings. Somehow. They're beautiful."

Hunter's eye drifted shut and he hummed in content. "I could do with a nap...." He said softly shifting position a little bit to get comfy and pulled a blanket draped on the back of the couch over them. "Feels nice..." He said as his tail wagged sleepily.

----

"You better not go anywhere. I still have on your skin. You're under my control and I'm not gonna give it up so easily. " She grinned and peeked over his shoulder at the time and swore. "No more time for playfulness though. Kids will be back at noon tomorrow and it's already four in the morning. We should get some sleep. " She said kissing him deeply and curled up in his chest.

-------

"I'm sure he would too. And I need to drop off what is left of York's body so he can get a proper burial, although I don't think he deserves one. And to see your brother too. I want to make our matehood official and marry you... If you will have me of course.... And I'd like to get to know him and ask him. Your father would side with your mother. " He said as Ryu fell asleep and he turned to start heading back to the hut.

-----

"I hurt and itch..." She said wobbling on her feet as his tail stedied her. Her new center of gravity was throwing her off balance. "I, I got wings? " She moved her still wet hair and turned to look at the new growths. The feather still grew in as the mated pair looked at them, the primary feathers themselves reached near the tip of her hair so they too would drag on the ground. They were rainbow in hue, shimmering with water droplets and flashed light like the crystals Hades horded. Soft reds and yellows where present only when cought in the light just right. The main colors of the feathers where green, indigo, colbalt and various hues of violet on the outside. Inside they were a lovely pale mint green, sky blue and lilac purple. 

For someone who knew multiple languages, she was at a loss of words right now.  After a long moment of studying the wings she said softly. "I'll need to contact the elder to see how this happened....." She then looked at Hades. "When it stops hurting, could you teach me to use them?"