kaoruhitachiintwin

Illogical fears/things that make you anxious

vomit.. seriously whenever i even feel slightly nauseous or feel a bit hot in my throat, or see someone cough in public, i instantly panic and/or flee the room sleep.gif

i'm also scared of almost anything with more than four legs.. especially flies, moths, and ants.. but not spiders for some reason

Standing on the edges of cliffs and balconies gives me a nervous adrenaline rush because I get to thinking about what would happen if I fell.

I hate internal parasites and, specifically, ticks.

This is a pretty weird one...

Elevators.

Noooo thank you. Getting stuck in one a few years ago really didn't help.

The classic: spiders. I can't control it. I will run away from any tiny spider that comes too close to me.

And then the less classic: driving on the side of cliffs or rivers or any noticeable height. I've had way too many nightmares about that sad.gif

The classic: spiders. I can't control it. I will run away from any tiny spider that comes too close to me.

Oh man. Me too.

I used to be chill about spiders, but one night in a sketchy hotel I felt something brush up against my hand and... yeah. Turned on my phone flash light and there it was. Eight legs and all.

I screamed and probably woke up everyone in the hotel. xd.png

I swear when I got up from the bed it started running toward me...

Oh man. Me too.

I used to be chill about spiders, but one night in a sketchy hotel I felt something brush up against my hand and... yeah. Turned on my phone flash light and there it was. Eight legs and all.

I screamed and probably woke up everyone in the hotel. xd.png

I swear when I got up from the bed it started running toward me...

DO NOT WANT. I have nightmares about that kind of thing, nope nope nope nope

When I was visiting my boyfriend, one night we were ready to go sleep, laid down in bed, and then I saw it. GIANT daddy long legs in the wall right above my head. Noooooopeeeeeeeeeeeee, I was out of there.

Then I started noticing them outside the windows sleep.gif

Then I saw a black widow walk past near my foot.

I'm back home now, we don't have either of those here thankfully. But we do have way too many centipedes everywhere dry.gif

Spiders/heights etc seem like pretty logical fears to me tbh... :V

Things that make me anxious that make absolutely zero sense: black-and-white checkered tile flooring and floral print anything.

//shrug

I don't like sleeping with any part of my body exposed except my head. Fingers and toes can be chomped by monsters. I am purely secular and don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in protecting my tiniest extremities from being nommed by them just in case they do exist.

This. though I am a bit better now. I can kill some of them, the others I just glare at and often say, "Stay away from me and out of my sight and you get to live. Keep scaring me and you're dead." I still kill them every chance I get. And I am terrified of them to no end. It's the way they look, the way they move and that SPEED they have. How can something that creepy move so quickly without making a sound?! Or when they jump, why can't I follow their movement? It's like they don't really jump, but teleport instead. Just NO! >.<;

Also as a kid I used to be freaked out by looking at the sky while upside down. I kept worrying I was going to fall into the sky, (the opening of Kingdom Hearts didn't help that in later years) but I've grown out of that fear thankfully. Now it only taunts me in nightmares.

ETA: Oh, and one more thing. I'm not terrified of the dark, but I also cannot stand to be blinded by total darkness. I have to have a small light on at night to see or I panic. It also helps to prevent accidents by tripping or bumping into anything, or stepping on my sweet kitties.

Edited by Syiren

Standing on the edges of cliffs and balconies gives me a nervous adrenaline rush because I get to thinking about what would happen if I fell.

I hate internal parasites and, specifically, ticks.

Yes. Standing too near the edge of any height makes my knees buckle.

My mom used to have a phobia of spiders (I recently learned this is why she never killed bugs for my sister and I and why I became the bug killer for my sister). Once when I was still a baby, there happened to be a jumping spider in the house. My mom abandoned me to the spider, literally ran out of the house, and went to go find someone to kill it, lmao. Still when she tells the story, you can feel the anger over the neighbor she finally found to come get it catching and releasing it instead of killing it and insists that abandoning me was fine because I was small and sitting still and therefore no threat to the spider.

It's honestly one of the funniest stories she has about raising me, lmao.

The sky legit terrifies me, I can't look at it at all if there's no clouds. ;C

Wide open spaces scare me too, which is probably why i'm freaked out by the sky??

I have a weird fear of people suddenly wanting to kill me. It's been many years already but my friend was having a sleepover at my house once and took a liking to my carpet knife for some reason - it made me feel like as if she was going to murder me in my sleep that night. It obviously didn't happen but the fear was still there. It also kind of still is, but usually in a different context.

Having to talk to people also makes me anxious - everything goes well in my head when I plan out what I have to say but it's far worse in reality. Not to mention my voice isn't anything to be proud of.

Driving a car.

I know a bit of stuff on how to make this wheeled machine work... put some water, oil stuff, check the wires around and in a way I was taught by some tolerant relatives on driving a manual vehicle, but nooope. I've seen a lot of accidents around the road since I had been a commuter most of my life, every time I get into the driver's seat it feels like I'm going to contribute to those. It gets so bad sometimes that I'm convinced I'd rather go to some formal corprorate work in a bicycle.

Also, detailed talks and random medical videos about childbirth make me really nervous. >___> One of the main reasons why I really admire people in parenthood.

Interacting with people in general? I'm always afraid im going to get hurt somehow. Such as being pepper sprayed or having stuff thrown at me or assulted or anything really

Working as a cashier doesn't help matters either

Another less serious one is ants. Those little guys terrify me u_u

The classic as well (spiders)

One that's somewhat more odd: Forgetting to lock the door. I always have to double check and when I leave my appartement I always wait until the automatic fence has closed, and even when I've started walking away I tend to look back to make sure it's closed.

I once literally lay awake at night because I was uncertain if I had locked the door to a friend's house when she was away for the weekend and I went to feed her cats.

I have an actual anxiety disorder, so little things often make me anxious. The most common things are crowds and feeling trapped in places. For instance, I don't drive so I have to take transportation to work, which means that I'm "trapped" there until transport comes to pick me up. That makes me very anxious.

Elevators. I've never gotten trapped in one but I'm constantly terrified that I'm going to. I stayed in a hotel in March and used the stairs instead of the cramped, noisy elevator. I've gotten better about it, I can use the elevator in our local library, but it still makes me nervous.

Driving. I don't drive because trying to study for it makes me so anxious I melt down into a blubbering mess. It's just so *scary*, there are so many things you have to keep on your mind at all times, and it's *dangerous*, and... It just really freaks me out. I'm fine riding in cars with other people, but I'm worried I'll never be able to drive myself.

Well, I've got a new one for the list... I'm terrified of masks. Not masquerade/carnival type masks, but medical masks, anything that goes over the nose and mouth.

Even oxygen masks, even when I'm unconscious. I feel as though I'm suffocating... which is ridiculous in the case of an oxygen mask... but put one on me for any reason and I go into panic mode. If I'm awake, I can control my reaction to a degree, but I can't just be normal with it on, either.

I have sleep apnea, and I really ought to be on CPAP, but I can't actually relax enough to fall asleep with the mask on. The people at the sleep clinic tried putting it on me after I fell asleep, and I immediately pulled it off, even before I woke up properly. (I did the same with an oxygen mask while coming out of anesthesia once, and started fighting the nurse, too. I have no memory of this, but I'm told the recovery folks had to call in my family to calm me down, because I was convinced they were trying to kill me.) A couple times when I've had to use a medical or safety mask, such as while sanding drywall, I've had to do it in 15-minute shifts because that's about as long as I could tolerate the mask for.

I actually have a really strange phobia of certain textures that was triggered by a really bad fever dream/nightmare I had when I was still a little kid, like around 11 or 12. Kept hearing my name in my ears and stuff kept scratching at me-- like edges of plastic easter eggs (the little hinge parts of them-- it's super specific but that's what it was...)? Anyway I woke up in a bad fright, was incredibly feverish and sweaty and teary-eyed, and ever since then I've had a real bad phobia of certain textures, even textures completely unrelated to the dream's contents. They make me physically ill and cold-- make me feel like I wanna throw up. :T Beh.

It's really irrational and honestly kind of annoying but it's not anything I can really help. Even just thinking of certain textures makes me get shivery and sick. Boo. :(

eta: euuugh just recounting the dream has made me feel all scratchy and uncomfortable now. ;-;

Edited by birdzgoboom

It's a very minor thing, but I'm worried every time I eat marshmallows, or similar foam-type of candy.

It's sticky, and I feel like they swell in my mouth no matter how much I chew them. I'm afraid they'll stick in my throat and make me choke when I swallow them.