Lemniscate

Fire Emblem

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 8:31 PM, taire said:

this basically sums up my feelings towards the game recently -- although i'm still playing fire emblem heroes, and having a lot of fun using my nowi/lucina again in tempest trials, i've been getting a little tired lately of the constant seasonals. it could also be that i haven't pulled a christmas unit yet, but i'm skipping the legendary heroes banner entirely to move onto the new year's banner, because otherwise i won't have enough orbs for all three banners. /:

i know it's a common complaint and i hate to join the train of demanding free things from IS when they've been super generous already, but i kind of wish they would give us some permanent units? such as armoured mages / flying dancers, since those are seasonal-only lately. would be nice to see some changes!!

and also why wasn't arvis an armoured mage give us our flame king

Yeah, the lack of weird combos on the standard units (and lack of new standard units in general; when was the last time we had a banner introduce those? The second Tellius one? e: No wait it was a FE4 one) is really frustrating, particularly since they looked at several units that could be weird and went "nope, normal stuff for you" (Elincia in particular; I understand that they probably made her a sword-user because of Amiti, but it was still a missed opportunity for a flying healer).

Edited by Guillotine

Got that one and summoned a five star macaiah. Working on training the Askr team to four stars. Idk if I want to spend the feathers to make them five star.

On 1/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, water_angel said:

Got that one and summoned a five star macaiah. Working on training the Askr team to four stars. Idk if I want to spend the feathers to make them five star.

Mine are all 5 star, but it took months to do it.

Also, the legendary Ike banner really sucked for me. I spent at least a hundred orbs and only managed two 5 star heroes--even with the 8 percent rate. Bleh. Back to trying for Myrrh.

I´m dying on the Valentines Banner, als a f2p Player, i hoarded around 55+ orbs together....not a single 5*

I just want Lyndis! Is that too much to ask for? I want all typs of Lyndis ;_;

Back in my day we didn't have all these easier difficulties for Fire Emblem. The fact that it was originally a very DIFFICULT (I'm looking at you Thracia 776 with your GODS FORSAKEN RNG WITH THOSE ARCHERS) tactical strategy game where you either won or died. Arena was FAR riskier back then (Permadeath) and you couldn't Support as much as you wanted. There were set characters for set support numbers and you couldn't go over. Even the generation system was far more complex... Personally, I dislike the 3DS and even the Wii and Gamecube games because I am so used to the difficulties of the old games that I see a lot of these new games as nothing more than a cakewalk compared to back then. 

Play on Lunatic and harder, then, accessibility isn't a bad thing and treating it as such is part of why fans of the older games get such a bad rap. :|

Personally, while Thracia had interesting ideas, most of its difficult was of the unfair kind--and that's something that holds true for the more difficult parts of those older games. It wasn't a difficulty that gave you tools and expected you to use them, it was the "better learn to read minds or replay chapters, scrub!" kind, which is reviled for good reason. Plus, many of the older games had classes that were outright unusable, especially Genealogy--if you don't have a horse, you may as well not exist due to the size of the maps. It was an interesting idea, but you cannot just have 100% huge maps in a game without thinking about how that'll affect any unit that can't move large distances. Path and Dawn had this issue too, mind, where the cavalry changes made them extremely powerful, but it just wasn't as bad as Genealogy was. (Also, dismounting could be a cool idea... if you actually kept your primary weapon when dismounted. As-is, it's a terrible design choice.)

You can make a hard game without looking for a return to genuinely bad game design. e: Not that the later games are free of these (hell no!), but they're nowhere near in the same league of bad design as 1-6 were.

Edited by Guillotine

Reviving this thread to mention that I'm absolutely adoring Fire Emblem 3 Houses! I'm surprised I've not seen any other posts about it - it's got a pretty big following elsewhere!

11 hours ago, RealWilliamShakespeare said:

Reviving this thread to mention that I'm absolutely adoring Fire Emblem 3 Houses! I'm surprised I've not seen any other posts about it - it's got a pretty big following elsewhere!

totally agree !! i adore everything about the game, from character design to all of the endings !! i haven't been this into a series for a very long time : D 

who's your favourite character in each of the houses? 

Three Houses has been such a huge comeback from the doldrums of Fates, it's genuinely incredible. I hope the new director sticks around; I've heard they were also responsible for Echoes, which while it suffered from being an NES game remake was still very interesting and the new character writing was pretty alright.

my faves are ferdinand von aegir, linhardt, HIL-DA, and dedue btw (it hurt me to leave edelgard and hubert out of this list but it was already dominated by bleagles...) e: the only playable characters i actually dislike are lorenz and sylvain actually, and even those two aren't on the same level as, like, makalov

Edited by Guillotine

7 hours ago, Shoukaku said:

totally agree !! i adore everything about the game, from character design to all of the endings !! i haven't been this into a series for a very long time : D 

who's your favourite character in each of the houses? 

My favourite characters in the game are DEFINITELY Felix and Cyril. Felix is the exact edginess I love and I would die for my baby Cyril. BE fave is definitely Caspar bc he reminds me of myself, and GD honestly probably Claude? Or Marianne. Babies. What about you!!

6 hours ago, Guillotine said:

Three Houses has been such a huge comeback from the doldrums of Fates, it's genuinely incredible. I hope the new director sticks around; I've heard they were also responsible for Echoes, which while it suffered from being an NES game remake was still very interesting and the new character writing was pretty alright.

my faves are ferdinand von aegir, linhardt, HIL-DA, and dedue btw (it hurt me to leave edelgard and hubert out of this list but it was already dominated by bleagles...) e: the only playable characters i actually dislike are lorenz and sylvain actually, and even those two aren't on the same level as, like, makalov

I can't believe how big 3H got honestly!! It helps that it's actually accessible *shakes fist at Path of Radiance* but damn I can't believe how good it is! Also big mood for disliking Lorenz... I think he can be saved on the BL route but I got Dimitri to brutally murder him and felt nothing :D