Lemniscate

Fire Emblem

You should play Blazing sword! My first FE game and my fave since then, also the first that broke the 4th wall to me with Lyndis...i fell in love with her <3

Ninian is wonderful but i have to say i liked Nils more, is animation with the flute and dancing was much more entertaining! You should check it out, makes a nice loop!

FE:H is awesome, even for a f2p game with pay-to-win options, tho i managed to get many great units from just the free orbs (Like Hector :3c friends still hate me)

Katarina is so great, at first i was stunned about her trying to kill Marth but i knew something was up and it was acually the only reason to keep playing the game (it felt so terrible slow! i dont like the gameplay there at all, feels for me like a step back after the GameBoy and GameCube Era).

Kris was also damn funny, al those funny things you could wear and people reacting to it nice touch and even funnier when people dont question you later wearing a goddamn afro on the battlefield XD

I guess she lost the Voting simply because most people dont know her and her fantastic story...or like other more.

FE12 had very few fans for a good reason. The gameplay was essentially the same as FE11, and the story was roughly what you'd get with FE3 after the prologue, so it ultimately was not very good on the whole (although that's still worlds better than FE11). I'd honestly rate those two as worse than the originals, even with the QoL improvements, because at least NES games have the excuse of being NES games.

My first FE was FE8, so I guess I have far less attachment to the avatar idea than most (hell, I feel that it actively weakens the stories that it's in (FE13/14 are Bad)). I'd be real displeased to see Chris/Mark added; I don't even like Robin and Corrin being there, even though they're actually required to create.

Edited by Guillotine

4 hours ago, Yubelchen said:

Ninian is wonderful but i have to say i liked Nils more, is animation with the flute and dancing was much more entertaining! You should check it out, makes a nice loop!

FE:H is awesome, even for a f2p game with pay-to-win options, tho i managed to get many great units from just the free orbs (Like Hector :3c friends still hate me)

oh nils? 0: he's ninian's brother? i've heard of him, but only briefly -- is he a dragon too? can we get him in heroes please he sounds cute ; 0 ; 

i agree !! though it's a gacha, and i know gachas basically exist for people to spend money, IS is super generous about giving us orbs and everything. i've been f2p and i can still struggle through most of the game, so that's good enough for me!

i really do like katarina -- hopefully with the different characters feh releases there'll be a lot more people turning towards the older games! i've only played awakening officially, and followed fates in the background, but i'd like to dip into a couple of the older games too. ; o ; especially arvis' like oh wow what a beautiful flame man 

Nils is ninian's brother, you actually meet him first in the game if you play lyn's story. the lyn, eliwood, hector game is my favorite of all of them and the first one I started with so I've seen all of them in the order of release. Sacred Stones is a second favorite, it makes me sad I can't seem to get amelia or innes in heroes, they are among my favorite units to use.

I desperately want to see canas and knoll added to the games, they are my favorite druids.

I still need Amelia and what to make her HUGE like in the games, wonderful 'baby-unit' as i call thier kind.

Canas & Knoll would be a dream, i also want to see Validar! 'Daddy' needs to be in the game! :3c

A Grima version of the Robins would be great as well, since there is a card already of him

tried today with 12 orbs, no luck, need to collect more somehow but my options are limited after doing almost everything that can give you orbs already =/

Curse of a Free2Play Player who doesnt spend money on it, i hope i can at least get Robin and Chrom with the free orbs somehow

I'm considering FE Warriors since the LE is on sale. Anyone played it yet? I'm looking at it for the Switch.

28 minutes ago, purpledragonclaw said:

I'm considering FE Warriors since the LE is on sale. Anyone played it yet? I'm looking at it for the Switch.

Haven't played yet, but I have a friend who really enjoys it. 

@Yubelchen No luck summoning here, either. But a tempest trial is coming up on the 26th, so maybe that will help.

@purpledragonclaw

Havent played it, but its a Dynasty Warriors clone like Hyrule Warriors, if you like funny, overpowered masskilling with flashy skills on a battlefield on which enemies are all over the place, get it!

the supports there are on the point ;D (i love all from Lyndis, best girl & lord)

Creating a good team in Fire Emblem Heroes feels so hard lately, since so many people are finding creative ways to make insanely strong teams! I'm trying to +10 some easy-to-get units and upgrade their weapons so that they can clear out some of the Infernal Mode maps. 

Does anyone know about some easy-to-summon units that can be built to be OP? I've seen videos where a well-built +10 weapon refined Beruka clears infernal maps all by herself! 

As for the Christmas event, I was hoping to get everyone with the orbs I saved up, but turns out I only got Chrom. Oh well... I guess that just means I have to build a Chrom army... and make the world chromble before me >:3 

I've only played Awakening, Fire Emblem Echoes, and Fire Emblem Fates, but I really love the games and have been trying to figure out how to start from the beginning! The biggest issue is that the earliest games are in Japanese, and I don't know where I'd be able to find translations! 

well two of them you don't have to. shadow dragon for the ds is a remake of the original and echoes is a remake of game two.

I have some hope they will remake all of them, I would love to see lyn/hector/eliwood sequel.

@Yubelchen Lyn is definitely the best lord :D

@NecroAngelic

You should grab FE11 'Shadow Dragon' which is the remake for the very first game, then FE12 'Heroes of Light and Shadow' aka 'Mystery of the New Emblem' which is not a remake but is linked to FE1/FE11 storywise, FE15 'Echoes' is the remake of 2 so thats also out..

Then you can grab the fantranslated FE3-5, should be at least in english somewhere around for an emulator, i think it was NES?. FE6-8 is not a problem tho, the GBA games were released in USA and Europe.

FE9 and 10 could be problematic, i think there is a Gamecube emulator out there, but i´m not sure.

I played FE7, FE8, FE6, FE11, FE12, FE13 and FE14 in that order also XD

EDIT:

FE7 was my very first FE game, and the first game that broke the 4th wall, after all these years i still have a HUGE crush on lyndis and it will never change! (i got so many pictures on my computer, that i might end up in jail for some XDD )

Edited by Yubelchen

@Yubelchen

Awesome! I think I tried to play the game with Lyndis once, but it was a friend's game so I didn't get to finish it. Aaaand I managed to lose a ton of important characters that made it impossible for a novice like me to continue. Just couldn't get past the ballistas somehow! And since I started off with Awakening, where you can chose to have your characters not die and legendary weapons don't break, I had no idea how or when to use Lyndis' special sword! You don't wanna use that all up at the beginning of the game, you know? I also have a bad habit of holding onto breakable special items out of fear of breaking them then never use them... With Awakening I totally rigged the system and class-changed as many characters as possible to get the skill that makes weapons have a lesser chance of breaking based on your luck stat x2, then I got the DLC with Limit Breaker so most of my characters had a luck stat of over 50. You know what that means? Ohoho.... NO BROKEN WEPAONS!!! 

Speaking of which, how do people do stat-calculations to guestimate how much damage they will deal or will take? I've never been able to figure out the equations! It's more important in the earlier games than ever, where it seems they don't tell you how much damage you're likely to deal. 

I absolutely loved Shadows of Valencia, so I'm hoping we get more remakes as well! It felt like the storyline was more wholesome than Fire Emblem Fates. Granted, I love Fates, but it wasn't the strongest in its story and character development. Too much Deus Ex Machina. 

You can use Lyndis sword all the way in the first part of the game, she joins the army later again with it completly anew.

Yes, for a newbie who is not used to the older games will struggle, but that it Fire Emblem! A challenge is a path to grow and be a true tactician!

That's great to know! Thank you so much! I like to try to do playthroughs blind but it ends up making me too frugal and paranoid, haha. I gotta be more "go hard or go home!" 

Yesss, and undoubtedly the challenge will be worth it! 

I'm curious about one of the Fire Emblem games that people in Japan claim is the hardest- Fire Emblem Thracia 776. That is the game I have by far heard the least about! 

Ah, Fire Emblem Thracia 776 FE5 if i remember correctly.

Yes, it is very, very hard and was the worst-selling game, i dunno the reasons for it but i bet bad advertisment.

But before you play that, you need to play FE4 'Genealogy of the holy war' which is....infamous for its plot or well, the plan of the bad guys... but FE5 and FE4 play sorta in the same time, so you should play FE4 first to understand the story.

Didnt played both myself, just watched Lets Plays and i can understand whya FE4 has such a strange image, which is kinda funny that the whole plot runs around that one cringe thing XD

No spoiler here, play it or watch it yourself

Genealogy has a complete and fairly decent (from what I understand, as I've no interest in the game itself and so haven't searched it out) translation patch... I think on Serenes Forest? Thracia, though, you'll need to read LPs for a full translation, because the only translation patch currently available breaks about halfway through the game and has broken menus. It's definitely an interesting title, but it's an "interesting" that needs a lot more refinement before I can call it good.

FE12 was never released outside of Japan afaik; any English screenshots are from the (very high quality but still unofficial) fanpatch.

(also don't bring up the bad guy's dumb plot in FE4, it makes me want to get That One Meme Screenshot from the game)

Edited by Guillotine

Anyone have luck on the hero banner? I'm still trying on the Christmas banner because I have not gotten one special unit yet. Then I'm gonna switch over to the heroes banner before moving on to the new year banner. So many limited units is frustrating. :(

3 hours ago, Jazeki said:

So many limited units is frustrating.

this basically sums up my feelings towards the game recently -- although i'm still playing fire emblem heroes, and having a lot of fun using my nowi/lucina again in tempest trials, i've been getting a little tired lately of the constant seasonals. it could also be that i haven't pulled a christmas unit yet, but i'm skipping the legendary heroes banner entirely to move onto the new year's banner, because otherwise i won't have enough orbs for all three banners. /: 

i know it's a common complaint and i hate to join the train of demanding free things from IS when they've been super generous already, but i kind of wish they would give us some permanent units? such as armoured mages / flying dancers, since those are seasonal-only lately. would be nice to see some changes!!

and also why wasn't arvis an armoured mage give us our flame king

Agree, @taire. I am back up to 4% on the Xmas banner and I hope to try and pull at least one seasonal unit before the banner ends. I think I'm most upset that the Christmas banner was so short to make room for another equally short banner with more limited heroes. I doubt I'll pull Fjorm's sister or any of the other seasonal units before it's over. I'm glad the new year banner lasts a month, but I wish there were more permanent units with special features too.le sigh.